Redpill me on abs Veeky Forums

redpill me on abs Veeky Forums

do you really need to train them or is it mainly just genetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/10sH4Ls-Pts?t=39s
youtube.com/watch?v=VmqDIL2xzbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>do i need to train my muscles if i want to get bigger muscles?

kys

it'd be fucking retarded not to train your core, you just risk spine injury

Neither kiddo you just do compounds get strong and then cut

Source: shredded cunt

>he spends time training his abs when it makes little to no difference

i also have this question. would be great to have abs but people say like, "don't train abs it's a waste of time, you just need to lift heavy and get low bf%"

idk what to believe and also i hate abs exercises. russian twists are painful :(

Why not just do both? At toe to bar or leg raises on the captains chair to the end of your workouts, then bulk and cut

Presto abs

The biggest factor is body fat percentage. But is it a waste of time to train your core? Definitely not. Your core is the foundation of your strength.

Post pic of your body

Doing ab exercises to strengthen your core are fine, doing ab exercises to get a six pack (1000 sit ups a day HURR) are shit.

Weighted decline crunches, dont put the weight on your chest, hold it straight up, that will do more for your core than a fucking russian twist

>dont put the weight on your chest, hold it straight up
lol what does this even mean :P

Your core is important, you should definitely train it.

Also sure you will get a six pack with a low bf, but they will be dyel abs.

youtu.be/10sH4Ls-Pts?t=39s

hold the weight behind your head when doing weighted decline crunches.

im not sure what you didnt get

oh i see now. that video explained it. in my head i wasn't even thinking about including a weight in the exercise, sorry :P

this is so helpful! you're awesome :)

Front squats will train your abs like a motherfucker

>do you really need to train them or is it mainly just genetics?
genetics play a big part and some people will simply not accumulate much fat on their belly

despite you're not one of those blessed people, you can get nice abs by actually training them

don't fall for this as I did; if you lifting big numbers, maybe compounds will be enough, but if you want to look good, just to abs work (ab wheel being the best imo)

tf is an ab wheel?

just train them

youtube.com/watch?v=VmqDIL2xzbk

Ab wheels look like a huge meme but they're actually effective

Agreed, agreed, agreed. They're really the only ab exercise I do regularly besides core gains from compound lifts. Only fitness tool that you see on a commercial that I recommend everyone buy.

Train your core. I fell for the don't train abs meme and now I'm fat and feel unstable as fuck because lower back is strong without a strong core. Fk this board

Abs are good for strength and stability, less so in terms of aesthetics. If you want to look good, there's some training you can do for abs, but it'll mostly depend on your bf% instead of your strength.