Type I Diabetic, what the fuck do i eat

I have recently been diagnosed with Type I diabetes, and I am worried about being able to keep all the gains I've made at the gym over the past few years.

I have to severely limit by carb intake now, and I am worried about eating a ton of meat as well since my family has a history of high cholesterol.

Is there a golden middle ground of diet that will let me keep my gains and be healthy? Am I a hopeless genetic fuck up? HELP

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diabetic-ketoacidosis/basics/definition/con-20026470
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keto with carb backloading

>diabetic
>keto

RIP

Type 1 of like 10-11 years now I forget, you can eat all the carbs you want as long as you do the right amount of insulin with it
Eat a small 15g snack before working out or sip Gatorade during the workout to keep you stable and then just eat normally

>he doesn't know that ketosis is the natural cure to diabetes.

>type 1 is curable

t. autism

>recommending keto to a type I diabetic

it's not a cure for either type of diabetes, it's just dangerous as fuck

Did you nerds even goodle before refuting it?

Google*

talk to your fucking endocrinologist about this, not Veeky Forums

Do you use a pump or pens? Any you recommend?

>I am worried about eating a ton of meat as well since my family has a history of high cholesterol
Seriously, take some brewers/nutritional yeast, 100g a day. Half of its content is top grade protein, plus B complex vitamins and minerals (iron, chromium, selenium). But especially for you who are worried about cholesterol levels, it's full of niacin, which is currently the golden standard for HDL increasing; there's lots of evidence on it lowering LDL lvls.

Type 1 for 13 years. Eat whatever you want just make sure your insulin dosage is enough to cover it, pump or pen it doesn't matter. The endo probably told you to limit your carbs because its easier to manage your diabetes, and it is. They're normies though and will never make it.

Hopefully you already to know how to read nutritional labels and tell how mamy carbs are in what your eating. The basic rule of thumb is 1iu per 10g.

Pens
All pens are pretty much the same, I don't know jack shit about pumps

You will never make it either if you only calculate your dosage in cabs and forget about certain index (hint: it starts with g)

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diabetic-ketoacidosis/basics/definition/con-20026470

>type 1

Isn't this the type that lets you eat whatever the fuck you want and you never gain weight unless you inject insulin?

Yes except that would fucking rot your legs off then kill you so no

okay i guess im not very educated on it

all i know is that type 2 is the kind caused by being a fatass

I tend to go by 1unit of nova rapid for 10g of cards and it works well enough.
but when I do this with my mass gainer my blood sugars end up high anyone any explanations?
45 grams of carbs and little sugars.

bump