Can you get Big without these?

Yeah but why would you not do these?

You can get a big chest without bench, I think squats are essential for big legs and deadlifts are one of the most fun lifts so why not do them

Not this big

Yes but those lifts are good and simple.

No? Most weight workouts are a variation of those three fundamental workouts, except said variations target specific muscle groups only--whereas the principle three utilize your entire body while simultaneously targeting those specific muscle groups.

You could do individualized exercises, and that's good when you want to focus on them--but skipping out on the primary three would be a colossal waste.

Why is the bench loaded with 4 plates that guy chillin out and the squat is 1 plate and the guy is shitting out a pineapple?

laughed

how should i train bench press?

You must speak with it lovingly but sternly. Do not be the first to break eye contact. You eat, then it eats, and never your food, it's own food. It needs to see that you are the alpha. Eventually it will come to respect and serve you as its master. Once this has happened - and for some this takes years - then you load on 1 plate, and begin your first workout. Of course it helps if you train one since birth, because some of the older ones are just too unruly and wild

>stuck with a 20 year old bench press that was never trained

should i just give up hope?

Rich piana does none of these

Squats and deadlifts are too of the best bang for your buck exercises there are. You can do a million other leg exercises to do what these two do or you can just actually do these two exercises.

Probably. It's sad that most people keep them locked up in the basement and never train them, but such is life

Why wouldn't you do them? Out of my entire workout these are the only ones I look forward to.

Accessories suck and are boring.

Yes.

>These are the only compounds ever

Right

Yes, but you can't get super big

Yes.

Citation: See every roider that only does baby weights and machines.

I personally like them but I want to know if I can get away with not doing OHP?

You could probably get big without bench press.

There's pretty much no reason to ever attempt it, short of prohibitive preexisting shoulder problems, but bench press is objectively the least important of the Big 5.

OHP is pretty necessary for big traps and healthy shoulders. It's really more important to general strength than bench press, and at least as important to building size.

Bench press is Top Tier

False

Squats are a meme desu, you don't need to do them.

He's also not natty

You can replace all three of these. with weighted dips or push ups, Bulgarian split squats and glute ham raises.

Would probably be easier just to do the originals.

Before the Ripperdardation swallowed the Internet, there were numerous ways to workout and yes, some of them weren't based on powerlifting. Unless you want to compete in powerlifting if you don't want to do any of those lifts for whatever reason, you don't do them. Don't get me wrong - these are some good exercises but they are not the be-all-end-all of lifting.

Those roiders do"baby weights and machines" because 4 weeks out from the stage at 5% bf and lower they need to find an effective way to train without risking injury and without taxing their already poor recovery.

OHP can replace the bench entirely if you know what you are doing. OHP becomes unecessary if you are doing high-volume horizontal pulling because your front delts are fried and you start risking overuse injuries in your wrists.

For building traps it sucks and for building shoulders you are better off focusing on the side and back delts.

>horizontal pulling
Meant pressing lol

If you roid your face off, or are already kind of big, yes. But then you have to admit you are a pussy or weak at some point, especially if you're young.

bench 405, squat 135, deadlift 365, nigga aint even in the 1000 pound club.

is it ok to do front squats instead of back? for some reason i'm better at them

I only do
> leg press, leg extention, leg curl
> chest press, shoulder press, low row, vertical traction
all on technogym equipment.

>benches 4 plates
>squats 1 plate
>deadlifts 3 plates

>unironically thinking leg day matters
never gonna make it!

Yes.

OHP doesnt give you big traps unless you do clean and press

which is my favorite exercise btw

and deadlifts build the back of your body from neck to knees, who NOT do this godlike exercise?

Not if you're on gear

>Deadlifts

These are pretty shit for hypertrophy end of

>Back squats

These can be replaced with front squats, leg press, hack squats

>Flat barbell bench

Incline and dumbell bench is superior anyway

>Before the Ripperdardation swallowed the Internet, there were numerous ways to workout and yes, some of them weren't based on powerlifting.
This.

"Powerbuilding" is complete shit.

Yes, but only if you replace them with other """compounds""" like for example

there is no such thing as the big 5, go back to startingstrength.com

anecdotally my OHP goes up from a ton of bench and close grip bench volume anyway

you can get big without ever benching squatting or deadlifting

and depending on your anthropometry, any of those lifts could actually be a pretty poor choice for you

for example, if you have stubby little baby manlet arms, doing the conventional deadlift for hypertrophy is pretty stupid, you are at a mechanical disadvantage and start off in a position with more shear on your lower back, and will not be able to handle as much volume as someone with favorable leverages

of course idiot. the question should have been

>can you get STRONG without these

and the answer would be not really

Bench press is TERRIBLE muscle builder because majority of people don't know how to activate their muscles when doing it.

Squeeze your chest right now. Do you feel that? Does it feel like that in your chest when you are bench pressing? Oh it doesn't? Yeah exactly.

Dumbbell flyes for example are amazing chest builder to look and get BIG. Bench press is great for STRENGTH.

yes, I do feel it in chest

maybe you should put plates on bar

>safety
>pre-existing injury
>personal preference
>not necassary for your goals

The big 3 aren't necessary at all if tou want to get big.

It'll be difficult to get them thicc-ness because push workouts are the ones that give you that overall mass. Machines will give you mass too but non push machines usually give you more of lines and definition but not mass.

And it's not like there aren't any alternatives. DB bench works the chest way better and doesn't fuck up your shoulders if you don't have perfect technique. Even Rip does it. Dips are in SS too. Everybody always fucking ignores Dips. And you don't need a spotter for any of these exercises when going heavy.

you're a weak faggot. benching is literally the best exercise for chest

>can't do the exercise correctly
That's your problem Tbh

he said yes you retard. We get it, you dont like the big 3

what the fuck is this broscience

They make it so much easier and faster, but yes, you can

I bench 2 plate for reps which took a while to get to but now I think the bench press is overrated.

I still do them at the beginning of every workout, but if I had to choose I'd choose weighted dips and a bench machine, especially one that lets you go neutral grip

Gaaaaaaay as fuck

Yes, but sooner or later you will complain about stalling.

Fucking hilarious that Veeky Forums is so brainwashed to think you have train like a pseudo powerlifter to get any gains

I bench, but don't squat or deadlift. They make my core wide and that is not aesthetic at all. Instead of squats I do leg press, hack squat machine, leg extensions, and hamstring curls. Instead of deadlifts I do hyper extensions.

Yes it is ok

does it hurt being that stupid?
Veeky Forums and r/fitness both drank the rippetoe koolaid real hard, and most people here don't have more than a year or two of lifting experience and still buy into that dogma

Squats with an overhead clean are one of the best top to bottom workouts.