/fat/

watery fat; about to drop some weight edition

oldWho is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

2nd for binge on salad

eat your veggies, cucks

THAT'S NOT A FUCKING WOJAK IN THE OP
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

didn't get the memo. I sorry.

10 months 235lb to 155lb, that last little pouch of fat on my belly is really starting to piss me off. Thinking of trying Keto and IF.

>tfw this is gonna be the summer lads

Body Fat 41 %
Fat Mass 113 lbs
Lean Mass 162 lbs
Body Fat Category Obese

congrats friend.

rolling for push ups in your honor

did you follow any particular meal/workout plan? I'm currently trying to downsize too. congrats btw!

I'd recommend Lyle McDonald's book, stubborn fat solution. It's a great read for anyone, but you'd benifit from it tons.

34lbs this year
doesn't seem like a lot, compared to last year

thanks

calisthenics and cut at around 1700kcal

will look into

How is it even possible to become obese? I'm a lifelong skeleton and honestly it's impossible for me to gain weight anymore despite being on a bulk. I eat shit like pizza and drink soda every day but I still can't eat sufficient calories to gain weight. Can you guys help me? I need to bulk up because I've exhausted my nose gains and need more muscles. And to get more muscles I need to eat.

Mental illness mostly. You eat when you feel depressed or anxious. For me that's about 10 times a day.

Noob*

>tfw no fat wojak in the OP

34 lbs is still a noticeable amount, good job fatty!

>I eat shit like pizza and drink soda every day
Unless you're eating a whole pizza and 2L of soda a day you're not gonna get fat, it's about quantity

You have the same problem as they have, just reversed.

For example a fat person will be like
>I've tried everything but I just can't get skinny you're so lucky!
>as they continue to snack throughout the day because they never considered those snack to have noteworthy calories
For you it's
>It's impossible for me to gain weight! I eat shit like pizza and soda everyday!
>Obviously I don't know your exact situation, but unless you're counting calories I'm willing to bet that you're not actually eating a lot of calories, even if it seems like you are always eating "shitty" foods and drinks

But cmon man this shit is explained in the sticky, so why the hell are you here being a complaincunt, gtfo and read it

Hey /fat/ I have finally found the perfect foods that keep me satiated throughout the entire day, I never feel hungry. [spoiler] Doesn't remove my compulsive need to eat deal with emotions and boredom, though [/spoiler]

Anyway the most filling, healthy meal is as follows:

1/2 a cup of brown rice
1/2 a cup of roasted vegetables (zucchini, sweet potato and onions)
microwave that shit
1 cup of bean salad (beans, cucumbers and cilantro)
mix everything and consume

i ate that seven hours ago and I am full as fuck

I got really upset and thought i wasn't going to make it then i realized i'm losing at the same rate you are

7 weeks, down to 195 from 202. Just doing cardio every other day, hoping to add lifts soon. Going to do squat,bench press with the bar alone, but what is a good beginner dead lift?

Height?

6'2"

>Tfw my mom's tacos might have pushed me over my calorie limit

A-at least I lifted heavy today right?

You'll need to get to 1pl8 if your gym doesn't have bumper plates because the height the bar starts at is important. Just play around with it till you get the feel of how strong you are with DLs

>look less fat
>same weight

heh... kill me

>Body Fat 26 %
>Fat Mass 51lbs
>Lean Mass 145lbs
>Body Fat Category Obese
>TDEE 2769
idk how to work out, but friend said go to 1800-2000 calorie diet, and rather not pay for gym membership until wanting to bulk.

how to exercise

Alright thanks, I'll look into the bumper plate thing

This is a chart I made last night, taking a few years of my experience. And what i'll be doing to re-lose all my weight. My take-a-ways are not much different than the common wisdom.

Doing a slow, steady cut is better in the long run for slight overweight people, (40-50lbs). What's even better for those "small fats" (ahahaha) Is to start doing cardio, even if you're really fucking shit at it. Improve as much as you can doing any cardio you can (best is running/swimming for bloodflow reasons) so when you can delay the period of treading water and having to waste 2weeks gaining some weight back and resetting.

For those 100+lbs overweight, a more efficient strategy is to just embrace the large cut. The fatter you are the further you are away from the Adequate nutrition line, and can spend a large period of time at a large deficit doing fine, frankly. And when you have to reset, it'll be far off, and once done should think about going to a typical cut. Building your endurance however you can during any phase will pay dividends with weight loss.

I'm about 40lbs overweight. Right now. My plan is to spend 1 week eating like I have been, but logging all my meals. Find out where my tdee is currently while I focus on improving my cardio as much as I can. While lifting 3-4times/week making sure my protein consumption isn't bad. After that I plan to do a -500 cal cut, and to try and match the natural tdee lowering with increasing cardio when I can. Delaying and minimizing the amount of calories you need to cut is the goal.

>You pinned all your hopes on that you were just fat and not ugly
>You were wrong

Start drinking 2 large milkshakes a day on top of whatever else you normally eat

Did your stretch marks basically go away? I can barely see them now.

You got some pretty awesome genetics btw, though your fat storage sorta sucked.

apparently leto drank 2-3 tubs of ice cream a day
or made some kind of melted ice cream/oil/fudge smoothie

gotta eat big to get big

we're all gonna make it

Ya pretty much, it's weird they were still really bad for a while then when I hit the 160s they all went pale within a week. They're just thin little raised bumps now.

Hello fat

I've been doing steady weight loss about 2 to 3 pounds a week, now I'm asking seriously I'm not trying to shitpost but I have to ask, how much more frequent and bigger were your bowel movements during weight loss? When I wasn't giving a crap about life my poops I'd say we're average size and I'd do them every other day or so, now I'm taking a dump every day some pretty small and some I feel like I've birthed a child.

> tfw people are still struggling to cut when they could just do fasting and watch the pounds melt away with 0 effort.

Any dedicated fat losing bros wanna be MFP friends? Nice to have competition / motivation, helps keep a guy in line

>be 1.65 m manlet
>weigt myself today
>140lbs from 176 from a year ago
>still look like shit

This will never end

When I ate like a piggy I only shit little pellets like twice a week, now I'm cutting and eating healthy and I have a small log daily

rate my lunch /fat/

> 100g of boiled broccoli
> 100g pan seared chicken breast
> 1 cup of white rice

tfw filipino
tfw cannot not eat rice

switch to brown rice.

I'm 5'10", currently at 262. What's a good rate to lose weight?

I'll try next week, but only 1/2 a cup per meal and add more veggies

>tfw fasting
>not losing weight

HELP

1000 calories less than your bmr.

> download MyFitnessPal
> Log EVERY single food you eat

Make sure you eat below 1500KCal and weigh yourself at least twice a week

overeating in the meal window

1 full plate for only 400-450 calories. Not bad

REALLY need some new pants
I'm wearing 42" waist jeans with a belt
You could fit two of me in these

Aww fuck the depression is back. What's the point of losing weight when we'll all be dead within 80 years anyway? Back to the nothingness for eternity.

I'm drinking too much tea (5-6 big cups a day) but they help me to not get hungry every hour until my next meal.
Is that bad or I'm just a paranoid fatass?
I use stevia btw.

>stevia

Read some philosophy, it helped me

Especially the Greeks

First day of rapid fat loss handbook diet

Just fuck my shit up senpai

>still 200+

Fuckin stings boys

Further info - 6'1" 210 rn. Dropped down to 190 then I caved and ate my way all the way back to 243. Turns out I have an addiction to food and an eating disorder, and I'm focusing on reducing how much I binge and restrict while still losing weight reasonably at the same time.

Anyone have any advice for a guy who has a terrible relationship with food?

Hey fat how you doing? What's good? What's real good?

Posting late at night because I can't get a fuckin wink of sleep.

While I'm at it I'll ask ya something.

How many of you exercise from your job? I'm about to get into a night shift warehouse job with some close friends. Apparently, it's 8 hours of a lot of walking and moving boxes and shit. Friend I got tells me he lost weight from how hot it was in there and the physical activity from doing it full-time. If I get in I can expect the same level of work but will probably have to adjust my diet a bit because of it. My question is how many of you use have jobs that let you lose weight while working? What jobs are we talking here?

Go vegan. It's helped me a lot with my cravings because most of the foods that are bad for me I can't eat anymore. It's also much healthier.

FUCK
OFF

Yeah not interested, sorry. I'd rather keep doing dnp and methamphetamine cycles than go vegan.

This is my nightmare. I'm. 6'3" 214 down from 240. I'm eating 2000 calories a day which is enough to barely lose weight and not enough to progress on lifts. Feels bad man.

Please stop shilling in every /fat/ thread.

That was where I was at for approximately 2 weeks at 190. I ended up bending to my cravings after a girl rejected me and I ordered takeout and played runescape for 4 days straight. Ended up falling off the wagon completely and just started eating like shit all day again.

Looking back on that event is how I realised food is my addiction and my coping method. I've done cocaine, cannabis, opiates, methamphetamines, MDMA, liquor and a whole host of psychedelics, basically every substance under the sun, and many at the same time. Yet nothing compares to the euphoria I get from a big greasy takeout dinner in front of my computer. Thinking about seeing a therapist to try and fix my food dependency for when I'm depressed.

Hey guys. First time poster here. Long time lurker.

I'm at around 265 right now, and abour 6 feet tall. I wanna get to around 200 by July. Is this possible? What's the best way to achieve this? I mainly walk about a km to the mail box every few days now and I especially struggle with chips and greasy food cravings. And soda. Any advice on how to lose weight in a healthy way within a few months? Also don't have a gym nearby unfortunately so I can only go once in a while and my bike is really uncomfortable and I live in a small town. I will swim in the lake in the summer. Any tips? Please help. Always struggled with gaining and losing and gaining again due to anxiety/depression/loving fatty foods.

Hey /fat/

I'm the guy who started his fourth time after being on Veeky Forums for a few years now.

I don't get it, I have a nice job now, a free sport membership to go to the gym or a swimming pool, but i just stick to cutting my TDEE and nothing more. It's like I'm too autistic to go to the gym, since I'm afraid of all the hassle of carrying around a bag with a towel and workout clothes all day, since there are no gyms near me and that's the only way i could do it. Does literally anyone else think so much about such a petty issue?

As for my diet, I fucked up yesterday and went a little over my TDEE, but in managing it - not a problem, since i fucking adore steamed broccoli and chicken. Need to get a rice cooker somehow, but these are fucking impossible to find in Poland.

I feel ya user. I always have struggled with food addiction too. I need a good plan to finally break the cycle. It's so hard. Cravings suck.

Read the sticky. Eat below your TDEE. Exercise at home. It's not entirely impossible to lose that much weight in few months, but it won't be easy.

I think talking about it and focusing on my goals has always helped me move past cravings. Also reminding myself that food does not control me, but I control my food. I don't need to eat to feel happiness, I can find happiness from within.

>It's like I'm too autistic.

Stopped reading there, you fucking mongoloid. Get off your fucking high horse and deal with it, retard. Everyone has problems you're not a special snowflake.

Also just because you are cutting doesn't mean you can't do other shit you'd normally do unless you're too stupid or lazy to balance it into your life.

You don't deserve this advice if you're not willing to look at yourself first.

Hey fats, anyone got any tips on how to not fall back into a binge and restrict cycle after a cheat day? I want to go out on the weekends and get fucked up and enjoy a fat dinner afterwards, but I don't want to destroy my progress at the same time.

Hey /fat/

Who /looseskin/ here?

What do, guys?

anyone on MFP add fakomilif

I used to have a few friends from fit but they're all inactive (sleep tight porkers) just fun to check the progress directly from other anons

grow into it

>I want to go out on the weekends and get fucked up and enjoy a fat dinner afterwards, but I don't want to destroy my progress at the same time.

Choose uno fatso. You have to earn these nights out.

How much water weight do people usually lose when they start losing weight? I'm down 17lbs, in 2 weeks, how much of that is just water?

Don't think it's possible to lose 65lb that fast. You'd need a 2500 calorie deficit a day which is impossible without medical assistance.

Easiest thing is to cut drinks, only drink water. A cup of juice or milk at most a day for the nutrition. Portion snacks and sweets properly. Exercise you can just do basic cardio programs where you can increase in duration every week.

why is everything kitchen related expensive or shit? A big pan that doesn't have awful reviews on amazon starts at 50$, a big pot is 25$ if you also want a steamer and rice cooker you can easily hit 200$.

Half the fun of going out is getting a big greasy 3am pizza afterwards with the drunk slut you picked up. I just want to keep losing weight with that extra 1000 calorie day. Maybe I'll do an extra hour of cardio beforehand so I feel like I've earned it.

How fat are you.

yup
but you'll also lose the most fat when you start too, compared to the final pounds

Holy shit just why are you complaining about pots and pans on Veeky Forums, go to a thrift store or something fuck. If you have such high standards go steal them and work on that chub while you're at it.

Take a two week break, slowly go back up to maintenance. Start adding in cardio to make up your deficit instead of subtracting calories.

I'm 6'9, 350. Got about 100lbs to lose.

>eat some oatmeal
>it was low calorie and rich in nutrients
>but it tastes delicious so I still feel guilty
I'm more fucked up than I thought

Get really lean, empty that skin of fat. It'll receed more that way. It'll take a while, regardless and might not ever go away. You can "fill it up" by bulking a ton, but that has it's limits. After a few years and you're more a huge muscle head and still have it, consider surgery.

You can never exercise enough calories don't do this. Honestly 1 solid pound a week is perfectly fine.

Hey same thing here

Somehow singing in my car is helping I don't know why

Even when it's shit like Komm Susser Todd

Yes, you can. Doing 500 cal of exercise/day is no big deal once you've trained the endurance. Don't be a lazy faggot.

last year i got a job at a water park selling lifesavers, inflatable toys, and shit like that, i had to walk like a clown with lifesavers all around my limbs for like 6 hours but i made a stupid amount of money, literally sold out everyday and had to restock for the next one, i think i made like $350 a day irrc

Not surprised if it's water weight or the amount of food circulating in you before you take a shit and empty yourself.

hit up family dollar

seriously i bought this stupid pot set for ten bucks and only one killed itself so far on me

walmart can have pans in the twenty dollar range that are decent

I know it isn't all water because my waist is down like 3 inches, I'm at a pretty severe deficit compared to what I was while I was still a fatty.

I've been doing two servings of oatmeal + almond milk and one small spoonful of peanut butter mixed in. Probably not the best thing in the world but it's great after workout and keeps me full for hours.

anyone else get extremely cranky and mean spirited at a calorie defecit?
I've pushed away a ton of friends because cutting makes me hate everyone

You could've been bloated m8

That's part of your weak willed shitty personality.

Fix it.

I do too user. It sucks. I have to be alone or rarely see people now.

Yeah, Considering I've been at a 2000kcal a day deficit for 2 weeks, I'm willing to bet at nearly half of it is fat.

Are you cutting too low? If you can maximize the amount of calories you consume and maintain a slight deficit (while maintaining good nutrition) your mood will improve. In my experience at least.

it isn't really high standards if some reviews for the 20$ and cheaper pans are the bottom of the pan is deformed and can no longer be used for cooking after 1 month of use.
Why post in fatty general? Because i'm trying to eat properly, that involves cooking pretty much everything myself.

no walmart or family dollar in my country, however i will try to find something cheap in the super market i go to.