Not losing any more weight

Hey guys I need some advice/help. I am currently trying to cut at 1700 calories but i've basically hit a plateu and I can't figure out what to do.

Basically I started cutting March 2016. I was eating at around 1500 calories (just basic counting in my head) and losing weight just fine. I started out at 116 kg (256 lb) and was losing just over 1 lb a week for the past year. I originally hit a plateau at 90kg (198 lb) to counteract this I upped my calories to 2000 and started tracking them properly, I also started going to the gym twice a day first session: 1 hour strength and 15 minutes cario and the second session was just 30 minutes of cario. That worked straight away and I lost 2kg in the first week but the second week I maintained. I pulled a muscle in my calf and since (3 weeks ago) stopped going to the gym for the second cardio session and to compensate I lowered my calories back down to 1700. But for the last 3 weeks I have maintained in weight (I weight my self at the same time of the day consistently so fluctuations shouldn't be an issue).

I am a 23-year-old, 183cm (6'0) tall, 88 kg (193 lb) male and I don't think I should lower my calories anymore as from everything I have read on these sites that is considered quite low to cut at. Before it is mentioned I am positive that it is not an issue with my calorie tracking, I weigh everything I eat including butter/oil used in cooking. The only thing I dont weigh is the bread I have on my sandwhiches for lunch as i'm fairly sure that the nutritional pannel would be correct per slice.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

just eat less holy shit this isn't rocket science

Energy in < Energy out

1,700 is pretty low already for a 6 ft male though. if i use TDEE calculators set to sedentary and 25% body fat (I don't actually know mine but I think its less) it still comes out at 2,200 cals.

do more cardio 1 hour a day use scoobies calculator to adjust caloric intake

ur welcome

Scoobies calculator set at desk job (no exercise) gives a return of 1,946 to lose weight at 20% deficit. Considering I actually exercise 5 times a week this really is the opposite. Don't feel that welcome

What are you even saying, dude

Are you double counting your cardio? Like are you putting in 5x exercise per week on the calculator then adding your calories burned onto MFP or whatever tracker you use?

cut calories more or exercise more

there are no cheats to this

He said use scoobies calculator so I did. Scoobies calculator said maintenance with no exercise is 2,500 calories and 1.946 to cut. I am already 200 below scoobies cutting recommendation, therefore the comment didn't help. I also mentioned that I work out 5 times a week so I should be able to cut at higher than scoobies recommended 1,946 (set with no exercise).

I'm not adding cardio or exercise to the calculator. I have it set to 0 exercise and it still returns higher (1,946) than what i'm currently eating (1,700). I track my calorie intake in a notebook.

No ones trying to cheat, i'm already down 58 lbs. I eat a low amount and exercise 5 times a week.

I suggested scoobies calculator for you to adjust your caloric intake for your 1 hour of cardio. do not count your weight training as cardio for the calculator. you are using it wrong

when what the fuck are you askin

you got 2 ends of the equation to work on

energy in

or energy out

pick one pecker dick

You're reading what I am saying incorrectly. I have said multiple times I have set the calculator to 0 hours exercise. I am not counting cardio nor am I counting strength workouts. Please re-read.

None of that shit is relevant to what I said

fyi incase anybody is this stupid

do not ever try to count cardio or weightlifting and factor it into your tdee

you have no fucking clue how many calories you're burning.

repeat: DO NOT FACTOR YOUR EXERCISE INTO YOUR CALORIES

OP if you're doing this then this is why you aren't losing weight, jesus you cunts are fucking stupid.

read I have not included ANY of my workouts in the calculator. Thanks.

scoobies calculator factors exercise relatively accurately

you're a retarded spic and I guarantee you're miscounting what you're eating

no it doesn't, no calculator does

you cannot factor calories burnt, do not ever try, you will fuck up your diet and come on here talkin about

> been cutting and doing cardio no weight loss i guess energy in energy out is a lie gg atheists

As I already said, I weigh everything. I doubt that's it. Please don't get all pissy because you keep misreading.

I don't give a shit if you lose weight or not but I do know you can't not lose weight eating under your TDE you're just a fucking fatty that keeps lying to himself that he can't lose weight

scooby's does. it's not hard to factor in

REDUCE CALORIES

OR

INCREASE CALORIES BURNT

PICK ONE

FUCK OFF

people are pissy because we have THIS EXACT THREAD 50 times a day

> I cant lose weight

> eat less work more

> no that's not it it

I don't know what to tell you then man. I'm putting in the work, i've lost a bunch of weight already. I weigh everything I eat and record it as I make it. I don't eat out, I only drink water. I exercise. I really don't get why you're so pissy just because you had issues reading. I'm looking for genuine advice not insults from an overly-offended prick.

no it doesn't.

if you're starting a weight loss journey disregard what this mouthbreather is typing, he's wrong.

always set to sedentary

never eat to replace calories burnt

>pissy
>overly offended
nice projection, duder. ya know what? fuck you. stay fat forever, I don't care rofl

> Use scoobies calculator
> so i use it and it says i'm eating 700 below TDEE
> Gets all pissy because their "advice" backfired.

k thx

The actual trick is to just determine your TDEE experimentally and not with a one-size fits all calculator like a retard.

The energy you burn varies on so many factors it's hilarious people even try to calculate it.

Your counting isn't wrong, the calculator is wrong. If you are at a weight plateau, however many calories you are currently eating is your TDEE. You can go on a mini bulk to speed up your metabolism then cut again, or just eat less.

my dude. I'm not starting anything I'm speaking from experience having used scooby's accurate as fuck calorie calculator

Call it like I see it man. Bye then.

if your calorie counting is as good as the perception you've demonstrated in this thread it's no wonder you're still fucking fat

>it worked for me therefore it works for everyone
kys retard

yeah i guess thats why ur fat loss is goin so well you fuckin moron

> act high and mighty

> literally must have forgotten he made a thread crying about being fat and nothing working.

fat cunt

I just see all this "don't eat below BMR" shit which is why I am kind of hesitant to go into a further deficit.

yeah it's not like scooby's calculator isn't universally regarded as incredibly accurate but okay bud

no, stop offering advice.

>Says he doesn't care
>Says he wasn't offended
>Says he's leaving
>Never leaves nor shuts up with the whinging

I'm thinking I was pretty accurate then.

Lol, fuck off kid

just stop, you cause more damage than you help.

I never said I was leaving. can you not make one post without making something up or getting something wrong? every post you've made has had an error and you think you count your calories properly? that's funny

I'm pretty happy with the 58 lbs lost to be honest and would say it has been going rather well. thanks man.

yet you're making this thread, crying about weight loss, begging for advice.

pick a narrative kid

>cause more damage than you help
Hey, try learning English first you stupid foreign piece of shit

No calculator is accurate. You seriously think you can determine TDEE with a few basic inputs? ROFL. Show me any calculator you want and I will show you 2 people who have the same calculated TDEE and an actual discrepancy of 500+

Sorry, I guess I just assumed you were leaving by how much you "didn't care" why return if you didn't care? good reply anyway, lol

prove scooby's calculator wrong then and email him your findings. I doubt you'll be able to since it's accurate as fuck, but be my guest and try

If your doing cardio and not losing weight you are most certainly eating well above your BMR.

If you're really worried about that, eat more greens and less simple carbs, which will greatly increase your TDEE

I'm just asking for advice about a 3 week plateau my man. Definitely not crying ahaha. But sure, you win.

It's funny because I can just sit back in my chair and know for a fact you're a fat ugly fuck and I've "won" whatever little contest you're trying to have here. Nice calorie counting bro, it's totally that you have the special body that's immune to the first law of thermodynamics. LOL

prove it works, faggot. When you say something as retarded as thinking you can calculate TDEE the burden of proof is on you.

fucking scooby shill

not sure if you're serious but that's the correct use of 'than'.

than is comparative, then is indicating a time.

I'm not talking about than I'm talking about your obviously ESL word sentence. Thanks for proving you're some stupid euronigger that doesn't know English though

No contest man. I'm not upset nor am I tring to personally attack you so you're clearly more phased than I am. Never said anything about me being special or immune, just asked for advice. Suddenly you're making things up ;) But sure man you win.

you said pick a calculator and you'd prove it wrong, I picked scooby's and now you're backing out and changing your entire tune. probably because scooby's calculator is universally regarded as accurate as fuck and you wont be able to demonstrate your 500 calorie variance or whatever the fuck

Based on your cardio you may be hitting the cardio/water peak.

You're losing weight, it's just that your body is replacing that with water weight to counter the amount of cardio you're doing because it's 'used' to being dehydrated.

Cut cardio to 2-3 sessions per week and increase muscular exercise. Make sure to modify your diet to contain as little carbs as possible.

uh yeah sure, nice cover up.

in future if you're not sure do a google search first before clicking 'post'.

it helps avoid cringe like this.

>I can't lose weight even though I'm eating below TDE
>Translation: i'm immune to the first law of thermodynamics
Didn't make up a thing bro, just saying what you're apparently saying in the thread. Nice smiley face and fat gut. You'll go far doing things wrong and never taking anyone's advice enjoy that excess weight you spic cunt!

Yeah, you just look ridiculous acting like that after saying
>cause more damage than you help
Like the retard eurotrash you are. Learn to speak my language properly, you piece of shit

ITT the typical "I can't lose weight thread".

> OP posts his stats says he can't lose weight.

> Gets advice to reduce calories more or exercise more.

> Proceeds to get into an argument with the entire thread disregards all advice, starts to pull the victim card, and ultimately plays it off like everyone else is 'mad'.

> Add in "hahahha" to let everyone know how not mad he is.

Why does Veeky Forums hate these threads again?

Yeah I've cut my cardio down because of my calf issues. I am already doing 5 sessions a week for an hour per session. Do you still advise increasing strength workouts?

What is a colloquialism you fucking retard?

>hurr universally regarded as accurate as fuck
not an argument. getting desperate here.

Just as I translated your lack of care to the idea that you would be leaving? hahhaha GG

all I see is a dumb bitch backing out because he knows scooby's calculator is accurate. nice chat. you can email scoob's with your epic findings on the inaccuracy of his calculator

Guess you really trolled me bro :^)

I'm not arguing with an entire thread lol. I'm giving genuine replies to actual advice and im not the guy arguing about the calculators. Just looking for advice. But if it upsets you, you don't need to help. No skin off my back.

It's possible that you're losing fat but gaining muscle so it appears as though you've plateau'd when you haven't.

No ones trolling and I hope no ones that invested they're being trolled.

>No ones that invested that they're being trolled
Having a seizure there buddy?

I'm not really new to lifting (3 years) so I'm past the noob gains stage (but I do hope what you're saying is the case)

I don't understand your comment.

Ditto. I think you're retarded. GL being a fat fuck mate

You said don't include weight training as cardio. I said I am not including weight training or cardio. It is directly relevant

Okay, thanks man

Yup, and make sure to drink plenty of water and ensure that your salt intake is correct.

I hit a huge plateau for about 8 months and started religiously counting calories, it turned out that I was doing too much cardio and not eating 'the right' type of calories. The solution was to go down to

backing out of what faggot? Never said I could prove shit because I don't need to. Keep regurgitating the same non argument you fucking idiot.

lol tellem

smoke a pack a day and drink tons of coffee

> scoobs

> it's literally some other guys formula just on scoobs website

nigga, you realise there's enough guess work in TDEE there is like 5 different formulas for tdee that all give different readings right?

hey. if you are painting a picture with a blue color but it comes out red, yet you say you are taking the pencil from the blue pen box. However it comes out red.

Fault is in your actions somewhere. Don't fault the color naming scheme because it works for everyone if done right

wrong.
wouldnt scooby put that on the website?
are you better than scooby?

don't bother, looks like it's that time of the month for scooby

Lul wut.

> scooby calls it his 'world famous most accurate tdee calculator'

> uses the exact same formula as every other tdee calculator

> retards like this guy believes it.

hey man i got some magic beans to sell you if ur interested

probably it is no fat what you have right now. It could be like water stored in the skin cells. But if that isnt it i would try to eat no carbs and eat about 90g fat and 250g proteine and yes dont go to gym to much in cutting.... you need this muscle regeneration.

Only bit of advice mate is to Google it and read from other people's experiences. Sadly I've learned from experience not to usually post here because while /fit is great for a laugh and SOME of the people here genuinely want to help - there's also a high proportion of very, VERY angry people here that will take the first opportunity to tear you a new one whether you deserve it or not.

So read, lurk and don't open yourself upto the hate. Best of luck.

you argue in a most retarded way, but I appreciate the usage of quotes, that means you put in effort. And you still can't cope with any arguments so Ill listen to Scooby.

unironically and im being serious, I do not understand guys like you.

you make this passionate argument about how accurate scoobys shit is

and i point out that scooby's tdee calculator is the exact same as any tdee calculator; i.e. it uses LITERALLY the EXACT same formula to calculate tdee. this is a fact, it even shows it on his website.

and instead of just responding like

> oh I didn't know that .. in future I'll read more into what I'm saying

you gotta put up some sarcastic meme reply and blow it off.

its so strange, i wonder if there's a common thing like e.g. guys like you get bullied heaps or something

i dunno man hey i wish u the best with ur life and in future read more into the shit you subscribe to

its a legit fundamental skill you need. you need to be able to think critically and not just follow trends/follow instructions.

I'm not who you're replying to bud, but that's decent advice.

To be fair, I think a lot of blokes (myself included) respond like that because we hate being fucking wrong! Also, I dunno about others, but I was bullied when I was younger (boohoosobsobetc) and learned quickly that being a doormat didn't work, equally I learned that sometimes, being nice and respecting other people's opinions doesn't work - sometimes, for the sake of your own ego, you find yourself basically saying FUCK OFF and shutting the other person down.

It's not a great trait, but it's very human. I myself try to put the ego asides when I'm having a convo or debate and the other person is disagreeing and providing good measurable opinions/facts but sometimes it's hard when you get the feeling that they care less about the argument and more about just proving your wrong.

Anyway. Nuff rambling from me.

If you're not losing weight, just eat less, the fact that you're not losing weight should be a great fucking indicator that you're eating enough food to sustain yourself.

You say that you dont want to go lower, but why not? Clearly your body isn't handling the lower intake poorly if you're not losing weight.

you failed to teach someone because of your attitude.

>25% bf
Post pics I doubt you're 25%

You need to eat less calories because your metabolic rate slows down and gets used to your current calories intake, or you can do a 3 week refeed where your TDEE's worth of calories a day, it will boost your metabolism.

I used to be 350lbs/6'3 and by the time I reached 10-12%bf I was eating 600-400 calories a day and had done 2 refeed months.

Lol 1700 calories is high as shit. Drop the cardio because it's obviously not doing you any favors and lower your deficit to 1200. 1200 calories is a shit ton of food as long as you're not eating retarded. Don't know why you couldn't come to the conclusion to up your deficit when you stopped losing weight