What are some telltale signs that someone is on roids?

What are some telltale signs that someone is on roids?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SkYl_AH-qyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They look aesthetic

they're bigger than me

I recall reading that traps and shoulders are harder to grow for some reason, therefore if someone has huge traps & boulder shoulders, they might be roiding but idk

They dont ask girls out girls ask them out

There are tons of ways to spot them. Basic rule of thumb you can be naturally lean, naturally big, but you cant be both at the same time without steroids. Generally if they're doing their workouts/diet right they'll have pretty big traps, delts, and to a lesser extent big arms. If they have that 3d look to their muscles: roids. if they are big and very vascular: roids.

What should also be noted is you can roid and look like a natural, you can even roid and look like a dyel. If you dont have a good diet (read: shit tons of calories and protein) and a good workout routine, you wont have any of these markers.

So unless the roider is very serious about lifting or physique or whatever you wont see those traits to their body, but its generally recognized that you cant get those qualities on your body without roids.

traps, shoulders, change in mood

youtu.be/SkYl_AH-qyk

Basically this, but with roids.

They often respond more to changes in androgen hormones than adjacent muscles, so it's where you get shoulders really popping out like cannon balls and largeish traps. It's very hard to impossible to get those sets of muscles large on their own natty because you can't really isolate them.

Another one I notice are roiders often have shitter than shit chicken legs, though this isn't always present because squats and shit.

They are very worried about flu and regularly get flu shots.

I was watching an admitted roided she hulk do her lifts. She was doing bent over rows with 150kgs

Blohino plz go and stay go

Full muscles while being really lean
Being as big if not bigger then a golden age bodybuilder(Steeve reeves era not arnold era) while being low bodyfat or hell fat.
Rarely works out but is always yolked.
Huge delts and traps
Large forearms
Skinny neck on a large body.

sbpb :DD

Form must have been awful.

came to post this.

Someone post the venn diagram.

>Big
>Shredded
>Fast

If its all three then its roids. Any two can work though.

Generally the whole "3d delts", losing hair, shrinking balls, and skin issues are another indicator since it boosts your test.

Roid-rage could be connected to being high test or just to people running other substances like tren that fuck your hormones out.

pic related

>Full muscles while being really lean

Do you know why I know that you've never been lean?

How 'bout being

A E S T H E T I C
A S
F U A R K

No, enlighten me.

>Traps definitely natty
Looks like he's never trained traps at all

They look like they lift in clothes

i think it's really difficult to have a one size fits all definition. but i can tell you that something about roiders just looks off or unhealthy.

a good example is the 7th cycle of zyzz. he has a really low bodyfat and despite having muscles, he just looks unhealthy. theres something just not right, he's too lean and looks sucked out despite not looking sucked out. it just looks unnatural.

there are other examples of unhealthy low levels of bodyfat while still being muscular. sometimes you cant tell and they are juicing, but only mildly. you can never tell for sure but the more unhealthy or unnatural people look, despite being somewhat asthetic, the more likely they are roiding.

this

Significant progress in a short amount of time or progress on really bad programs (5/3/1 in particular)

>Basic rule of thumb you can be naturally lean, naturally big, but you cant be both at the same time without steroids

Problem is: what if you're naturally big and then you cut hard. You will of course then increase your vascularity and muscle definition.

Only IFBB pros look like it though

>zyzz
>cycling

this is like the same shit as somatypes

zyzz blast and cruise but you don't even know what that is because you have no idea about roids.

You're wrong though

>5/3/1 in particular
how is it bad?

haha you stupid pussys I have huge juicy traps and average delts.
Thank you gemtecs

Most people who use it aren't advanced enough for it and are leaving gains on the table

Has no volume.

That's the tell tale sign of a roider in strength sports really, either progresses too much on shit low volume programs or does programs with ridiculously high volume and/or intensity (poor fatigue management), to the extent that a natural would not be able to handle it.

when is one 'advanced enough' for 5/3/1>

>fast
How can you tell that from just looking at someone?

But a pyramid set progression of 3 sets of 5 with raising weight is still good right? I do that for my heavy lifts and have a lot of volume exercises in my full body workouts

I don't know, it's a weekly-monthly issue, and should really mostly be measured in number of "hard" sets, rather than number of sets or exercises.

female here, why do men use roids? Females do too, but majority is men.

Is it for themselves or to attract women? Aren't there quite a few negative side effects?

>iimo roid bodies don't look very comfy to cuddle with.

Elaborate?

Leanness with high muscle mass. Natty guys can put on some size, but it'll be at a sacrifice of leanness, they won't have that "paper thin vascular" cut look.

On top of this, big size but underwhelming strength. If you see a huge guy sitting there repping out with 225 he's probably on roids. Roiders put on size quickly but their CNS and fast twitch muscles don't catch up at the same pace so they don't lift what you'd expect.

These are two of the bigger ones for me, as a 6 year natty lifter.

aren't fast twitch muscles more responsible for explosiveness and not strength?

if that dyel next to zyzz is on steroids, then the world is a much darker place than i originally thought

>Is it for themselves or to attract women?

Yes some. Steroid users usually fall into some combination of 3 categories

1) They use steroids to look good, largely so they can attract females.
2) They just want to be big, intimidating, "alpha", scary to fight, etc.
3) They're doing it for competition.

You see it's much harder for men to attract females, even ugly females with no money, no job, and not in school can easily receive hundreds of possible suitors and they just have to select from them.

Men have to work very hard to be seen even as a suitable partner to females, let alone an attractive one.

You want as many sets as possible >= RPE 8 while still managing fatigue properly. That means you generally want to limit intensity and probably repetition ranges too, some think 1-3 reps is generally preferable for "competition lifts" to preserve a higher quality of each lift.

Look into soviet programming

Practically speaking, strength = explosiveness.

>what are lateral raises
>what are shrugs
>what is reverse pec deck
>what are facepulls
>what are deadlifts
dyel detected

Yeah, but it's different from the strength that is when lifting heavy weights

Not really, lifting a max bench press is an explosive feat, just like sprinting a 100m max and maxing a vertical jump.

Generally speaking, higher reps develop slow twitch muscle fibers more, lower (strength) reps develop high twitch.

Fast twitch is how you generate that explosion to complete a heavy lift.

are you sure? I mean it could really be considered an explosive feat, but if you'd consider it the end-all be-all of strength, then the strongest people on the planet would be gymnasts and boxers

Are you sure? I know plenty of chubby and skinny guys who have long term relationship success. Are you sure it isn't because of their personality?

It depends on how you define strength I suppose, in barbell sports we define it as most weight lifted, i.e. an explosive feat, but of course in other sports, say strongman for example (to pick something not so distant) it is really mostly concerned with endurance.

There really isn't anything called "strength", it's just explosivity versus endurance, some sports emphasize one versus the other and some can encompass both (either complimentary or as competing strategies, like in boxing)

If you see them take roids. Seriously, you can't tell based on just looking at them in 99% of cases, with some obvious exceptions (Rich Piano).

Sprinters are actually known to be good squatters

Gymnasts and boxers are usually small and keep their weight down since they're very specialized in a certain kind of strength

Meanwhile you would find many powerlifters with less lean mass than your top bodybuilders who can still outlift them in the major compounds

This. I guess i'm on steroids since I do heavy rack pulls and farmers walks

obviously if his muscles are bigger than yours...

Truth would be that you can be big, lean and natty at the same time, but only for a little while. There's natural body building competitions (competitors get tested regularly and the price moneys are small, so most of them are probably natural, or at least cannot be juiced to the gills), which are pretty good for reference. They are big and not-that-lean off season and very lean during competitions, but they cannot maintain that physique.

And then the bitch ends up cucking them unless they have a lot of money or have a 10 inch dick.

>Has no volume.
>That's the tell tale sign of a roider in strength sports really, either progresses too much on shit low volume programs or does programs with ridiculously high volume and/or intensity (poor fatigue management), to the extent that a natural would not be able to handle it.

This is pretty good advice imo. There are physical signs like other posters have mentioned, but there are some other signs too

1) As says, progresses fast on shit programs.

others I have noticed:

2) talks in vague terms about their lifts or/and diet - that's a strong sign of a fake natty.

"I just eat lots bro", or a laundry list of good foods without specifying how much and when.

3) works out with a lot of frequency. 2h in the gym erryday while growing is almost guaranteed roider, natties just can't recover that fast.

Incidentally, fake natties LOVE using 3) as a reason why others can't progress. "Oh you're just not working hard enough". It bothers me because telling natties to work harder is terrible advice, the number 1 newbie natty mistake is too much training.

4) Eats vastly more calories than TDEE for their body size. A swole and shredded roider at 5'9" might claim he eats > 5000 calories a day, on gear your body can make use of all that, natty bodies can't, you'll just become a (strong) fat bastard.

5) Is trying to sell you something

6) Looks as big and lean (or bigger/leaner) than Arnold in his prime. ESPECIALLY when the subject is older than 50 or so.

That

>3) works out with a lot of frequency. 2h in the gym erryday while growing is almost guaranteed roider, natties just can't recover that fast.
I'm the guy that posted about routines and volume in the first place. What you are saying (i.e. how many days a week they train or for how long in hours) doesn't actually matter, it's their actual workload that matters.

Door is that way buddy

He means single digits you dumb fuck.

> I know plenty of chubby and skinny guys who have long term relationship success.

They provide money that's why, even if it's not much, they wouldn't be with them if they weren't providing money.

>Are you sure it isn't because of their personality?

Personality doesn't mean anything, you could be the biggest asshole in the world so long as you have money.

These are traits women desire in order of importance they place on them:

Financial stability/prospects and money > Looks >>>>>> "Personality"

Just because you're a special snowflake doesn't mean anything, you're an exception to the rule.

alex is a stupid nigger

>because you can't really isolate them
You're right about the androgen receptors but this is total bullshit

>t. natty who thinks 12% body fat is "lean"

> stealing ur women
> being shredded, kunt
> alpha hairline
> being fully developed
> the power to soak your woman 250m away

is that supposed to be varg?

You can't, i had a friend who started taking roids a few days before his first day at the gym, he was a 60kg skinny fat faggot with no gains. Most normies start taking gear stright away.

By looking at them twice over a short period of time.

gyno and balding?

>deadlifts isolating traps
Wat

No, you look dyel and fat
Now stop spouting shitty manlet memes

they don't isolate but they certainly hit traps hard for some people

Face pulls are gay

Gaston is natty
12 eggs a day, bruh, get on that shit

u wot m8

zyzz looks the best at cycle 7 in this pics, EASILY

"unnatural", ppssssshhhhh have you even studied the blade, m8?

nothing personnel

i choose the right picture

Slut puke? Whore thirdworld food?

Pretty much this.

Developed delts and acne are signs. But you can have both of those things without roids, or be roided without those so it's kind of a shot show.

Unless they're Olympia level, there's no real way to tell the difference between roids and good genetics, short of a blood test.

Literally grape to golf ball sized testicles.

Why do all the juicers i see irl have shit legs with tiny tiny calves

Fairly new to lifting but I usually spend 1.5-2 hrs in the gym 4 or 5 days a week, and I'm natty