Blue pill me on deadlift

Blue pill me on deadlift

retard gains

>deadlift is the best mass builder bro. It's not bad for your back at all

have a red pill instead

I never felt strong before I hit a 4pl8+ deadlift. Armstrength and a good bench is one thing, but pulling a heavy deadlift and the gains you get from it gives you that pure bear strength that isn't comparable to any other lift.
>hurr you're gonna hurt your back
if you snap your back you're either going retard heavy or catbacking. Just keep a tight core, flat back and use a belt when you get to 2x bodyweight and you're fine

No, fuck off. What are these lazy garbage threads

I cant use a belt because it hits my hips and it hurts like a bitch

use a more narrow belt then
or don't go for 1rm in the range of injury

I do stiff leg and romanian deadlifts with moderate weight and i think that is just as good of a mass builder as stupid heavy regular deadlifts. And it doesnt tear up my hands or have a high risk of injury

I think rack pulls are superior and you'll still be strong, always have perfect form, can't snap your shit up on a bad pull, plus it's quicker overall compared to diddys

>using a belt

Never gonna make it. In b4

>never gonna lift heavy without a belt

What do you mean?

if you're going all out there's no reason not to use a belt other than ego gains. you add an easy 10 kilos to your 1RM and you significantly lower the risk of injury, it's silly not to use one

>im a big macho man who don't need no equipment
silly attitude user, with that logic you shouldn't use chalk or lifting shoes either (and you should use chalk and lifting shoes, too)

What about this: DL is the lift that makes you feel the most powerful when you hit a PR. That bang when you release the last rep is like cumming on a 10/10's face

>pic related, use it to get those PRs rolling

I use a hex bar for my deads mainly because I have herniated disc in my lower back. But after doing it a while I realized that I got the ham string and glute activation I had never got doing normal deads. It might not be the best choice for you but it's certainly helped me.

Alex, pls go

that's a hack squat, not a deadlift. don't call it as such.

Most people are blue pilled af on diddly I've never seen anyone at my gym lift more than my measly 3.75pl8s some big guys struggle with 3pl8s what the fug

No, its a deadlift. Its a pull action. A hack squat is also a deadlift, not a squat.

A dead lift is a specific movement performed with a barbell. You aren't allowed to bring your little frilly hex bar to a meet.

I thought a dead lift was a movement where the bar bar is taken up from the ground to a standing position (but the arms do not bend). So a straight leg dead lift is a dead lift where you don't bend your knees. A hack squat is also a dead lift because the barbell is taken from the ground to a standing position behind the lifter. I've done both and a hex dead lift is not a hack squat lol.

not everyone is a powerlifting autist. hex bar deadlifts are safer and there's hardly any difference in muscle activation. FACT

fuck off idiot you're going to kill him you absolutely bend your knees in a Straight leg deadlift

Just a bit tho, just a bit. I don't think anyone can actually do a complete straight leg dead lift without desu

there is a significant difference in muscle activation, but that's necessarily a bad thing

less back, less hamstrings, more quads involved in the hex bar

This, if you're not competing there's no reason to risk it. I herniated a disc doing a fucking warm up set in squats (I had been doing squat for years).

not necessarily*

>I had been doing squat wrong for years

>it is completely impossible to hurt yourself doing squats with perfect form. There is scientific evidence proving this. The only reason you can possibly hurt yourself is if you use bad form.

yes, you are so right user

you will never do the exercise wrong, even after years of lifting and many thousands of reps, you will never perform a rep with slight deviation in form

this is why IPF lifters never get injured in training, their form is really good

putting 405lbs on your shoulders and squatting down with it carries absolutely no risk and nothing bad can ever happen

>practicing martial arts for years
>always been very stronk
>starts lifting weights instead of martial arts because reasons
>can't even get to 2Xdeadlift
will I ever know the feeling of that pure of bear strength?

>always been very stronk
>can't DL 2x BW

these statements are contradictory

So you did the lift wrong and are now mad at that lift?
Never said that
>I just assume everyone in /fit is dyel and do lifts wrong

no, i just hate when DYELs like you with no lifting experience give out advice like you actually know something

anybody who has actually been lifting for a few years understands you take some risk each time you step under the bar, and that there is no way to guarantee perfect form 100% of the time

>there is no way to guarantee oerfect form every time
Don't do more than you can handle?
>waahhh I put too much weight on and my form suffered from it
Also
>the guy that can't squat properly is calling me dyel

your DYEL is showing little man

run along now, if you're still lifting in 3 years you are allowed to post again then

Seconding this opinion.

Here's another unpopular thought for you, I dropped deadlifts completely after I had some bad experienced with back pain, and after I picked up rack pulls, I saw MORE growth in my back than deadlifts ever gave me, with less pain. Also, it doesn't wreck my CNS anywhere near deadlifts do.

>inb4 you fucking autist that just means you were doing them wrong with bad form etc

Well, I wouldn't say I was, no. I taped myself every set and would compare my sets to proper form and everything looked fine, no catbacking, no hips shooting up first, but I would continue to have a sore back DURING my sets and for DAYS after. Is it a coincidence that I stopped getting back pain from switching to rack pulls? Maybe. Is it wrong to assume that EVERYONE has the bio mechanics to PROPERLY pull a deadlift without ANY pain at all, even using PERFECT form? Of course it is.

No one on Veeky Forums will tell you that though. Same goes for squats, same for any other compound. Obviously you can build a great, even fantastic body if you decide to exclude compound movements, just be prepared to hit the muscles separately with isolation exercises, and be prepared to spend a little bit more time doing it. More than one way to skin a cat, especially with this hobby, don't know why autists on here refuse to admit it

>that response speed
Keep lurking dyel.

i thought i told you to run along pussy boy

Respond one more time and I'll show you my full wrath.

that's the point my man
I thought I was strong because I never actually touched a barbell
>tfw when as a normie you thought doing 20 pullups means you are strong

I cant believe the autists in this thread.

Deadlifting is great when you do it right, best thing you can do for gainz for your back/glutes.
Literally fixed my virgin posture doing it.

Think of the hinge -> squat continuum, (pic related), deadlift is mainly a hinge movement, and trap bar deadlift is slighty more a squat, and sumo is more squat than the trap bar.
I'm not sure where the hacksquat falls between this, I think in between trap bar and sumo.
Been doing trap bar deads on my volume days(5x5), and conventinal deadlift on intesity days.

you can get 2bw in less than a year(probably 6-8 months). 405 for 2 rep max after a year at 180 pounds, and I didn't deadlift due to injuries(non-lifting related) for about 3 months.

rack pulls above the knee, cheat shrugs, cheat rows

All of your joints have a max mileage, similar to a car part. Eventually, the wear and tear will cause the joint to break down. When you deadlift, or squat, or any other major compression and decompression, it affects your spine, knees, and hips in a major way. It's like buying a car, and only driving it going zero to 60 and back to zero again. All this stuff about proper form and what not can help you avoid short term injury, but will not stop the mileage you put on your body. I am lifting until I hit my main goals, and then I will be dialing my lifts way back, after I get somewhat big. Currently ottermode.

TLDR:

Deadlift feels awesome when you nail a heavy weight, but it is slowly tearing your body apart no matter how good your form is.

citation needed

What if your joints were fucked before you really started lifting and you have used strength training and steroids to make your body stronger and have less pain? We all have to find our own answers in life. Obviously stretching and foam rolling and shit like that helps also.

Add jefferson squats to that chart.
And zercher's next to front squat.

also just to add my own experience
lifting made me feel my knee problems less, and not the other way around
and I have the highest level possible of chondromalacia patella

lifting right strenghens your joins and tendons. this is broscience without evidence yabroni

Where would you place Jefferson's lift? I didn't make this chart. I think it's between trap and sumo.
I have no knowledge on Zercher's squat

thank you :)

This is as stupid as my last gf who didn't do cardio because she thought her heart had a set number of beats that it would do before it tapped out

you should have told her doing cardio would lower her resting heart rate so overall it would beat less per day

>Jefferson's lift
I think that the JDL goes maybe on top of the Trap Bar DL. Though it's so easy to cheat with and make it a squat instead of a hinge, there's no point.

Zerchers are a very pure squat, just left of front squat.

wait did she actually believe that? no joke?

Why do you guys think I said ex gf

did her heart run out of beats while you were having sex?

>tfw can't raise gf's heart rate with microdick