Post your favorite or current gym shoes

Post your favorite or current gym shoes.

>implying i go to the gym

what are you doing here then

Home gym faggot

Just got these bad boys, 60% off, can't wait to give them a test drive

Way less knee pain from squatting with these and a couple form adjustments they make possible

What store ?

Manlet here. What kind of shoes should I wear to the gym to get a few extra inches? I was thinking something like the boots in pic related

Danish store

ASICS Matflex 4 wrestling shoes. I fucking love these. Flat, thin, firm but flexible soles, good ankle support, good floor grip.

Be sure to order one size larger than you normally wear, though, as they're pretty narrow and may be too tight if you order your normal size. I had never worn wrestling shoes before so they took some getting used to. Now, I wouldn't want to lift without them.

You want thin soles, not thick ones, particularly for deadlifting. The thicker your soles, the less balance you have and more ROM you have to cover.

Whats wrong with more ROM in deadlifts?

then I won't deadlift. I don't care about lifting really just want to look taller at the gym for the qts.

I wear these to the gym, all the time

i got them for a garage sale for 25 dollars they are a size too high but they still great for workouts

>he doesn't wear Allen Edmonds to the gym
Pleb

More vertical distance = more effort required to lift X amount of weight.

You are softly sabotaging your lifting potential. Watch any tutorial on deadlifting. Starting Strength has a YouTube channel for Christ's sake.

Why did I think you would learn?

Basketball shoes are so comfy

>implying anything is wrong with more vertical distance.
More rom = more muscle activation
I could lift heavier if i only squatted for 1/4 rom, does that makes 1/4 rom squats superior to full rom squats?

Got myself some retard shoes. Hoping these will give me retard strength for my lifts.

>no lights
you're squandering your potential

Holy shit, this bro science.

You're supposed to work your full natural ROM when deadlifting, not an exaggerated ROM, which will fuck up your hip height and back angle when setting up the lift.

On your logic, we'd all be better off deadlifting on stilts. Baka.

If everyone was supposed to work the same ROM on the deadlift people would lift the plates from different starting heights to account for different limb sizes and levers. When people say someone has a really good frame for deadlifting, what they really mean is that they have an advantageous starting position starting from a 8.5inch height, which results in shorter ROM.

Of course deadlifting with as flat a sole as possible is important if you're a competitive lifter, but you're not sabotaging your progress by doing it in heels.

Same here. Honestly the best thing I can say about the Powerlifts is that they're really good looking shoes, although that really doesn't matter considering you'll only ever use them to the gym. I wish I had coughed up the extra cash and bought weightlifting shoes proper like the Romaleos or the Adipowers. I only feel a very marginal improvement in stability and leverage squatting with the Powerlifts compared to running shoes.

Copped these over winter break, really enjoy them

got a pair donated from a friend. brand new. shits are cash son.

Fucking converse raised the price on their all stars, cheaper to get lifting shoes at this point -_-

>Of course deadlifting with as flat a sole as possible is important if you're a competitive lifter, but you're not sabotaging your progress by doing it in heels.
This is bait. We've all seen the gif.

There is no strength advantage nor hypertrophy advantage in deadlifting with an exaggerated ROM from wearing high heeled shoes/thick soles. You're just wrong.

makes deadlifts a little bit harder, but these are my favourite

>This is bait. We've all seen the gif.
Obviously I'm not talking about stilettos you dense fuck, I'm talking about the usual 0.3-0.75 inches you see on shoes that are designed for physical activity.

>There is no strength advantage nor hypertrophy advantage in deadlifting with an exaggerated ROM from wearing high heeled shoes/thick soles
Again, it's all dependent on levers. People have extremely variable limb lengths, but the plate radius is the same for everyone. Some people are already deadlifting at a deficit position compared to others using the exact same equipment. I'm not advocating using heels over flats, I'm saying there's no such thing as a universal ROM for the movement, so you're not deviating from the "correct range" by deadlifting in heels. Obviously if your goal is to lift as much weight as possible you should go with flats or no shoes at all, but as far as general development just do whatever's comfortable.---------

Oh, and just one final consideration - If heels put you at such an extreme mechanical disadvantage, Olympic lifters wouldn't be arguably the best pullers in the world.

kys

Congratulations on your job at McDonald's.

i have the exact same shoes
they are wonderful

How much did u pay? Got mine for 120e on amazon.de. Brety good shoes

I just bought the same exact shoe in white, I wouldnt use them for lifting tho, too much arch support, you need something more flat.
Basic bitch detected

High Heel Master Race

comfy lifting

rly hope youre playing kys

>Obviously if your goal is to lift as much weight as possible you should go with flats or no shoes at all,
That is literally the universal goal of deadlifting. There's no other reason to do it.

I understand everybody's anatomy is different. What you need to understand is that nobody's anatomy is ADVANTAGED by elevating the feet off the floor for deadlift. Long legs, short legs, long arms, short arms, long torso, short torso: none of these are improved by raising your body higher off the ground than necessary. You're talking out your ass.

vivobarefoots are kinda silly looking because of the wide toes but it's as close as i can really get to lifting in bare feet which is my preference

>they fell for the adidas meme

Should've at least gotten Do Wins or or Risto.

>Risto
mah nigga; been rocking the Olimpico II since 2013; gonna have to get it resoled soon, though

pic related also includes my shoes for diddlys, and for broshit/"""cardio"""

>Risto
mah nigga; been rocking the Olimpico II since 2013; gonna have to get it resoled soon, though

pic related also includes my shoes for diddlys, and for broshit/"""cardio"""

have a full rack and cage set up at home.

i just lift in socks.

>That is literally the universal goal of deadlifting. There's no other reason to do it.
Not everybody deadlifts in order to become better at deadlifting. You can deadlift for hypertrophy purposes or for the carryover strength benefits the exercise provides.
>What you need to understand is that nobody's anatomy is ADVANTAGED by elevating the feet off the floor for deadlift
At no point did I claim that was the case, and if you think I did please point out where. I'm not advocating lifting in heels over flats either. All I'm saying is that there is no universally "correct" range of motion for the deadlift, and as far as training goes there are potential benefits to decreasing or increasing the ROM depending on specific goals(you know deficit deadlifts are a thing, right?). It's a movement where, all things being equal, the range of motion will be different between different people.

>Should've at least gotten Do Wins or or Risto.
My Powerlift 3s were 50 bucks, those shoes are 2 to 3 times more expensive than that. I'm not unhappy with them but I'll get new shoes sometime down the line, maybe Romaleos this year.

>You can deadlift for hypertrophy purposes
Pffffff
>or for the carryover strength benefits the exercise provides.
In which case, it's in your interest to maximize the amount of weight you can pull, because more weight = more strength gains.

Frankly, I don't know why you're arguing with me. I said you are disadvantaging yourself by wearing thick shoes because the increased ROM will negatively impact how much weight you can lift. You hemmed and hawed, then admitted that you can pull more weight when barefoot or wearing flat shoes. That means I'm right and you agree, so wtf point are you trying to make by phrasing every post as if you're disagreeing with me? I never claimed ROM is universal, so you're autistically screeching over nothing. I claimed that you should utilise your full natural ROM (which will vary by individual) and that there is no advantage to using an EXAGGERATED ROM. I'm right on both points and everything you've said has either proven me right or failed to address what I actually said. I think you might just be confused.

you know some people have home gyms right, poorfag?

sauce on middle?

Don't have any
Just got mine stolen yesterday when i went to fill my bottler of water,came back in the locker rooms,not one person and my shoes were gone.

Reebok Crossfit Nano, meme aside they're pretty good

i bet a 13yo farmer can squat more than 80% of Veeky Forums

Kevlar?
So you don't shoot yourself in the foot?

i love the asics the most but i use adis more

>paying $500 for asics

these cost literally 5 euro and are perfect for lifting weights

>paying 500 and then not even using them
i m so fkcuning ma d rigth now

these for sure

barefoot

>being poor

>spending $500 on literally $150 shoes because they're import only for the US
Fuck off son, I'd drop thousands on a watch, but this is stupid

stay mad

He's a traitor!

user, invest in a big mirror like the ones they have in dance studios so you can make a "cha-ching" noise when you catch yourself mirin' your shoes

watches are fucking gay

Got them almost 2 years ago and haven't looked back, amazing for squatting and super solid for all other lifts, great stability. It cost me $200 at the time in Canada but I thought why not just buy one pair of good shoes that last me forever instead of multiple or inferior quality.

>watches are gay because I can't afford them

Okay

Watches are gay because it's 2017 and there is literally clocks everywhere and wasting money on another one makes you look retarded.

>he thinks people buy watches to know the time

You're not very smart

Buying a watch to be fashionable is even more retarded.

why the fuck would some people spend thousands of dollars on a watch if it was only for checking time

Watches are one of the few acceptable accessories that guys can wear, so it's beyond just telling time.

Also, taking a quick glance at your wrist is way better than pulling your phone out of your pocket and hitting a button. You can't always do the latter.

Saw what people have written about powerlifts on here and I just ordered powerlifts 2.0 have I fucked up? They are the first weightlifting shoe I've had is it worth cancelling it and buying adipowers or something?

>buying anything nice is retarded

>watches can only tell you the time and there is no other reason to buy them

Okay. You sound like the kind of guy who wears basketball shorts and graphic tees everyday

Are those competition 25s and echo 55s.

I second this.

And while you are buying stupid shit I'm buying your girl flowers so she let's me stick it in her ass.

Have fun feeling good about your watch.

Calm down internet tough guy.

lol flowers are so useless they die like 2 days after you bought them, and they are expensive as shit.

>he buys women flowers

>m'lady

Been using these for lifting/playing basketball for about 3 years.

its a wrestling shoe

adidas combat speed 4

ur welcome niggers, now enjoy ur deadlift gains

Will probably keep them until they fall apart.

t. virgin

Do you know how many times a women has approached me to look at my watch and to ask me about my watch? Too many to count.

Watches are literally the most important part of a man's wardrobe.

There's actually an user on Veeky Forums who has literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on watches. Hope you don't get triggered too hard from that.

Are Converse any good?

I switch between romaleos and adidas seeleys, pic related. There flat for skating, don't look bad for casual wear. Cheap and take a breathing.

Did your mom use debit or credit

theyre good for squats and deadlifts

This

I don't deadlift or squat anymore so figuratively anything.

>I don't deadlift or squat anymore
So you started sucking fat cock

Nah I just don't do legs anymore.
Know what injuries are?

I know injuries. I also know pussy. Which one is it you tool.

I dunno user but I'm bored.
I'll let you guess, pick one
>back injury
>foot injury
>knee injury
>sandy vagina
Your prize is looking like an idiot because I already know what you're gonna pick.