Tfw finally benched one plate

>tfw finally benched one plate

But how? You have to have an even number of plates on the bar.

great moves, keep it up, proud of you

Good feels all around brah. Keep the gains-train rolling

Me too buddy, just hit it for reps on monday

Onward to 2pl8 now brother

well done OP keep at it. we're all gonna make it

I remember my first year of high school too.

I just hit 1.5plate. It's an amazing feeling. Come to me brother. We're all gonna make it

nice, that's my warm up

It's my birthday next week and I just hit that milestone too. We all gonna make it.

>Able to do 4 sets of 5 for pull ups and 3 sets of 12 for dips
>tfw got sick for 3 weeks
>tfw went back to the gym for the first time and can only do 2 pull ups in total.

Fuck my life

Happy lmao1pl8 day!

Good job friend, keep up the good work

Just hit 5 chin ups today (i am a noob) so I am happy as well

Good job OP! I finally squatted 2pl8 today.

Good job bro. You're in the club

>tfw stalling at 205lb

feels bad man. i can do like 4 reps but i need to do at least 5 before progressing more. so close to 2pl8 yet so far.

Do more volume and do accessories for chest Tris and shoulders.

>finally OHP 1 pl8

i made it to part of the 1/2/3/4 club at least

Meme
Eat sleep and keep benching. You better be following an actual program and not just goofing around.

i just started lifting two weeks ago and did 0.5pl8 bench today, how long till lmao1pl8 bros?

Impossible to answer. Depends on food, sleep and if youre lifting properly. Plus genetics and all that. 2-3 months at the very most though. IF you arent a girl it shouldnt take you any longer than that.

i do both, im hoping to break the plateau soon. doesnt help that im cutting

i get good sleep but as i mentioned im cutting :/ probably not the best time to progress on lifts but i think i can do it. i do PPL. i dont have a "real routine" desu but ive made more gains in the past 4 months than i did in the past 2 years (on and off) of lifting. since 4 months ago, i had a 155 bench and now its 205 for example. a month ago i hit 135lb ohp too. squats and deads are lagging because of my previous 2 years of shit lifting

>just finished benching lmao2pl8 5x5

Again are you a girl? No offense mate but if youe been lifting for 3 years and cant bench 2pl8 you need to get your hormones check out. Shit routine or not something aint right.

male, i sleep 7-9 hours a night, and am getting proper nutrition. 2-3 months sounds just fine. thanks mate

Did you get fat user? Be honest.

Seriously doe I hope you aren't really going to the gym for pull ups and dips.

im a dude

i honestly think i had low T before but now i think my levels are good. i basically started from scratch 4 months ago, i lost all my gains from being depressed about a breakup and not eating. pretty sure i crashed my hormones too. but since then, i feel so much better, i legit feel high T. so while i do think my hormones were a problem before, i think theyre good now

Again you better be following a real program. Following your own made up bullshit program is the fastest way to waste a bunch of time.

Word, well if you just started again 4 months ago id say youve been lifting for only 4 months man dont tell people 3 years or youre gonna get funny looks.

lol you are bullshitin right now. I benched 2pl8 today for the first time in my life after 2.5 years of training. Long time ? Let me say that i didnt forced it to happen. I focused on form and clean rep. Plus when i started i was auschwitz mode at 68 kg and 184 cm. I started working out in my home. And let mee say one more thing : Life is Life man. Sometimes you cant workout consistently and it happens sometimes when you get sick or you get injured or antyhing else that stops your progress. Hell after septembe this year i lost 20 kgs of strength in a month due to drinking and clubbing (bullshit). I gained this strength again only after 3 months lol. Only today i finally beched 2pl8s and i am happy af.
P.S I couldnt even do 10 push ups at my 22 whan i started. Pathetic yes but its life

Im not bullshitting you idiot you just dont understand what youre even saying. When you say ive been lifting 3 years the average gym goer assumes that means 3 years straight. IF you are taking breaks or goofin around then dont fucking tell me 3 years cause it really isnt 3 years. Its not my fault you were a skelly and it isnt my fault you decided to go clubbing and drinking. Stop being insecure about being so weak.

Hell yea motherfucker, keep doing good

Fist i am not this guy Second , even though i was "goofin arround" i was still going to the gym. Plus the "goofin arround" was for a month after i injured my wrist so i couldn bench for a month.
All i am saying to you is that you dont have to assume that someone is weak or have hormone problems if he doesnt achieve these standards by the time you say so.
Dude you dont have low T . All it matters if if you keep gaining gains. it took me 2/5 years to achieve 2pl8s but i gained 17kgs of muscle in the process

Dude yes you do. If you are a normal adult male and it takes you over 2 years to bench 2 pl8 something is fucking wrong. End of story.
Either you werent eating, sleeping, or training properly. Something has to have been off.

KEEP IT UP user

>TFW finally 5x 3pl8 for deadlift

>tfw i hit 2pl8

Exactly this.
But answer me please. How long will it take for a dude who cant do 10 normal push ups at first to bench 2 pl8 if he is training chest once a week plus dont have money to eat fuckin over 4000 cals and 200 gr of protein a day ?.
The majority of people are struggling with these kind of problems.
Idont know where you get your timelines but these timelines are certainly off in real life situation.

Ok but you realize most people arent in that situation right? The average man can do more than 10 pushups and isnt that fucking broke and can afford to train chest more than once per week. You are an outlier not the norm. Be more self aware dude.

Just of curiosity how long did it take you to get 2pl8 bench and what was your starting wieght ?

>was at 42.5
>injure my upper arm
>back down to 35 until it heals

Fuuuuuuuuuck. I'll go to 37.5 next time and see how that does me. The last set hurt a bit on the final rep. Hopefully it'll heal before I have to go heavy again.

benched 10 in 2011
*flexes*

Is a 3 plate bench impressive? It's my lifetime goal

Less than a year. Probably around 7 months. 220lbs.Obviously I was over weight not under but still.
Absolutely but it does depend on BW. Theres this black guy at my gym who benches 4pl8 but hes like 350lbs so.

I'm at 70kg squat @ 60kg bw.
>tfw those faggots doing 1/64th 3pl8 squat.

For the average person, entering and exiting a gym three times a week is impressive. What you do in there doesn't really matter. 1 plate would be impressive because "he's doing the big circle weights on the bar".

So. Is a "pl8" 100lbs?

Is a 260kg 5x5 ATG pause back squat 100% raw achievable natty?

I'm a manlet so anything over 85kg bw is just comical. Just wondering if 3 plate is an impressive goal since I don't have the best shoulders to begin with

Are you retarded?

Asking for a friend btw.

he didn't use the bar

just the plate

see even tho you were over weight you had the muscles not like me who was skelly . And you know that it takes a long time to build muscle.

Also the majority of people cant even bench 1 pl8 because of training , consistency and eating. You are talking about the majority of super dedicated gym goers and from that point you are right .

>gloves
>barbell bench
Wew lad.

>Also the majority of people cant even bench 1 pl8
See this is the part I dont buy. Most men who are active are going to be able to bench 1pl8 first day in the gym. So long as you had a job or played a sport in HS chances are youll start at 1pl8. Ive never met someone irl who couldnt there first day in the gym.

Ya man 3pl8 is great no matter what.

congrats

I'm not a mallet so I started at 1 pl8.

I couldnt. I also have some weird rotator cuff problems. I can OHP no problem, dips are fine but flat bench bugs the fuck out of my shoulders.

I can literally do 100 dips and have less aggravation that 1rm bench

>tfw lifting over two years and just barely hit 2pl8
>down to 215x3 because cut

It's a combination of things. Number one of which is drinking. I just drink too much, but it's more than just the gain killing alcohol. It's the alcohol killing my cuts that's the real problem. I've never gotten below maybe 13 or 14%bf and I'm constantly struggling to get lean. This means I don't bulk for very long before I go back to a shitty cut which ultimately means less gains.

Still, I get compliments from normies all the time and basically get molested by MILFs from time to time so I guess I'm doing okay.

Thats insanely bizarre cause its almost always the opposite. You arent lowering the bar too high or keeping your elbows out are you?

Congrats. 1pl8 for me seems so fucking heavy and far off.

I did a 1pl8 push press and could only manage 1 rep.

try squeezing your shoulder blades. It'll help

Same problem. I tore my rotator cuff while benching 180 and it fucked me up for a long time

finally hit a 2pl8 behind the back deadlift after stalling at 155 for a month

pl8s aren't a measurement of weight, they measure the diameter of your squat plug.

I wouldn't use a squat plug to bench, but to each his own.

pic related is the one I use. Gets in deep and stays there.

Nope.. i've been to three different gyms in three different cities and all i can say is that only 30 % of people there are benching and only like 50% of these people are benching over 1pl8 . Most of them are skinny dyels or fatties who do only accesory workouts and meme stuff
> Ive never met someone irl who couldnt there first day in the gym.
What ? Where are you living ?

>What ? Where are you living ?
I suppose somewhere very different than you. Not sure who youre friends are dude but when me and all of mine started lifting we could all bench at least 1 pl8.

Had it ever occurred to you that I'm just inexperienced? I lift at home. The fuck is a plate?

Btw i live in a shithole country full of dyels and not in USA or Russia

>Btw i live in a shithole country full of dyels and not in USA or Russia
Ok so you just answered your own question. Thats probably why my dude.

What exactly do you lift at home?
Cheeseburgers? So imagine 1 patty is 1 plate. Anybody who's not a child or woman can eat 1 patty, if you're a big man you'll regularly eat 2 patties. 3 patties is something impressive.

You fat fuck.

Oh, so a pl8 is 45 lbs? Interesting. Thanks /b/roski.

2 pl8 refers to 225 lbs

each plate is 45lbs. the bar weighs 45llbs. when people say pl8 they mean a plate on each side of the bar. 45x5=225

damn what did i start. i was the guy in the original post

anyway, i did so much wrong in those 2 on and off years of lifting anyway. nuitrition wasnt there, sleep wasnt there, training was extremely sub par (never tried to progress in lifts, i was comfy with my lmao1pl8)

but i still do feel higher T now than i did before lol

I'm almost at 1 pl8 bois. Wish me luck. What's it like

i warm up with that

Insecure

>'Cep Flex intensifies

your girlfriend warms up on my dick then does squats until failure

nice get 6 next time
ezpz

hit 200 3x5 squat the other day

225 is coming soon lads

I could bench 1 plate after playing video games for years with next to no physical activity
Like by default
What is wrong with you weak fuckers
Speaking of which, what's with these people who can't do bodyweight exercises? Like pushups, pullups
How bad do your genetics have to be that you can't pull yourself up over a bar?
If you were hanging on a high ledge/railing, unable to pull yourself up, would you just fall off and die?

PS no troll responses please

For reps? 3x5?

Just LMAO if you think anything below 3 plate is praiseworthy.

5lbs from 4pl8 diddly..

Hold me Veeky Forums

When I started lifting like I was in 0.5pl8 too two weeks in, two weeks later I was at 1pl8. After that I had to increase little by little every week.

In my case I already had good physical shape from long ago I did karate 4 times a week then stopped for 2 years, so for me it felt more like waking up my muscles rather than growing.

I don't give a FUCK what you buy and don't buy. Who the fuck anyways is talking about 1RM Bench press on the first day in the gym? No one is gonna fucking do that.

Pic related
>strengthlevel.com
>Beginner
>Stronger than 5% of lifters. A beginner lifter can perform the movement correctly and has practiced it for at least a month.

And this is 1RM which I just earlier pointed out NO ONE fucking does. So no, you will not see ppl first day in the gym repping 1pl8.

how do I start a new topic? says file not selected??

Just stop posting and fucking lurk more

>tfw I'm gonna squat 2 pl8s for the first time tomorrow
Kind of exited and nervous at the same time.

not everyone is a fatty mcfatfuck who eats 2 cheeseburgers and gains 30 pounds.
he probably isn't eating enough for his metabolism

How many lbs is 1pl8?

Me too, OP.

>2pl8
>nervous

jesus christ

>tfw your first ever pull up

>5 months bulk, 2 moths since i started cutting
>down to 68 kg (150 lbs) from 77 kg (170 lbs)
>on monday i managed to bench 80kg (180 lbs) with good form
>gotta go down to 65 (150 lbs), then bench 80kg again, strenghtlevel list says its intermediate benching performance
>fills me with good feels and pride
Pic related, my progress

about 60 kilos of pounds

>Tfw hitting 6 reps of pull ups because I was curious if I could do them now
>Previously could not hoist myself up by even a couple of inches
What a fucking feeling

>tfw finally benched 0.5pl8
Within one month I will be lifting 1pl8 if I try really hard

1pl8 = 20kg (45lbs) x2 + 20kg barbell = 60kg (132lbs)

>45+45+45=132