/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Ginger tea edition

Old thread at 300lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QT_kQp791GQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for dinnerposting. Why haven't you done it today

Ate around 1600 calories, addicted to toast so I had that for breakfast and dinner then chicken salad.

is losing 10 pounds per month possible?

Confess your cheatmeals .

spicy chicken sandwich
wendys fries
double dave burger

35,000cal deficit per month
1.1cal deficit per day
Yes if you're fat, tall and prepared to exercise. No if you're a girl or a manlet. You can still get close though.

If you can pull a 1200 calorie deficit a day for a 30 day month, yes.

>TFW when I realize that Kefir has a lot of sugar
>Notice that it has a lot of calories

I usually go through a bottle every 2 days because it is tasty. But there is something I noticed is that Sugar really does mess with my ability to not eat much.

I did an experiment by having just crackers and cottage cheese and just regular oatmeal. I noticed I did not want to eat much at all. I decided to have one kefir and it made me hungry again. Also I do admit to liking milk but if I have a gallon out it takes me 4 days to finish it.

>28
>neet for 7 years
>overweight
>hairline receeding
>hair thinning
>still have acne
>never had a job
>no edumacation after highschool
>erectile dysfunction

We're all gonna make it, right? Just squatz and oatz, right guys?

Stop fapping.

your story makes me hate you.

Serious question I've always asked myself, does being fat lower your Sex Libido not talking about erectile dysfunction

fucks with your hormones

>losing weight so I can fit into girl's clothes
>remember that even if I hit my goal weight I'll still won't look as good in them as a female
>feel incredibly sad which makes me want to eat more
help

For lunch today I had a bacon cheeseburger and caesar salad, then ate two chocolate bars afterwards.

I'm not eating anything else today.

quit wasting time and kill yourself like most trannys do.

So far today

You listed only things you consider negitive
Meditate and be greatful for all you have user

I don't get it, bros. How am I supposed to get so much protein? I eat meat, tuna cans and some yogurt, eggs for breakfast too but I never go over 100g protein.

What should I do? What should I add or change in my diet?

>Not using myplate app for counting calories and laughing at fat people to have inspiration to lose the weight.

God this app is amazing and full of funny stories from the community section.

eat like 10 more eggs a day.
or you could get protein powder.

EAT BIG TO GET BIG SON. 3 SCOOPS OF PROTEIN POWDER **MINIMUM** SON.

What protein powder is recommended that would be good value? Any shake ideas?

I was thinking about getting protein powder but now that I've got some free time I was hoping to fix my diet proper.

I'm cutting brah. Still need protein, don't I?

i'm female, 5'10", 139 pounds
was really active until diagnosed with heart condition, wasn't allowed even hills or stairs. i have been inactive since around october. today i'm on my second day of working out (doc cleared me for basic workouts) and a week into dieting (started strictly following what i have eaten four days ago) I have lost around 1 pound which is fine by me. the only thing i'm wondering is when the workouts start to get better, they are a bitch as of right now.

Is that his very own pleb?

What is the absolute worst food for you? Which food do you associate your fatness with the most?

For me it's Ben and Jerrys. Half baked and "everything but the..." flavors. When I was eating the worst I ever ate, I had one of those a day.

>fatties already hungry for a new thread when we already had a perfectly good one

(1, 2)

5'11 296 LBS 19 years old

Are you working out?
Do you actually have muscle to lose?

>I'm cutting brah. Still need protein, don't I?
yeah

>I was thinking about getting protein powder but now that I've got some free time I was hoping to fix my diet proper.
eat less carbs and more meat

otherwise protein powder is going to be your best bet.

I like golds standard. it's 2 dollars per 48grams of protein and easy to eat.

grind 1/2 cup of oats a banananananaaa 2 scoops of strawberry protons

(2, 2)

5'11 205 LBS 21 years old (present day)

Four- three times a week going to the gym (though now I've got two dead weeks because they're reinovating the place) and I do cardio too.

Trying to lose bodyfat. Am I doing something wrong?

Not eating carbs is hard, man. I've started eating just meat with salad on the side and only eating some bread in my breakfast.

Your eyes are empty.

Oh no user

I don't give a shit if you can't go a day without eating Cheetos. I told you how to boost protein without boosting calories because that's what you asked.

Not only is 10 pounds per month possible, if you're fat it's pretty much the standard.

A simple solution is to get some protein powder. Normal foods come with loads of other macros. Getting tons of protein without distorting your carb or fat proportions requires clever combining of the right foods.

But here's an example of 1900kcal consisting of 145g protein, 219g carbs, 47g fat and 29g fiber without using protein powder:
250g dark soy groats
50g green lentils
100g macaroni
30g rapeseed oil
100g oats
5g salt
+ multivitamin, fish oil

The oats are one meal and the rest is whatever amount of meals you want. Put lentils in pot that's almost full with water. Boil for 45min. Add macaroni and boil for 8min. Add soy groats and boil 1min. Now it's finished. Strain out the the water and put the stuff in container for eating or storing. Add oil and salt. Mix salt in thoroughly to get even saltiness.

How much did you guys lose in your first month? I lost nearly 20 pounds and was wondering if that was normal.

I didn't really change up my diet all that much and I only exercised a few times. I just ate less.

you don't need 100g of protein, especially if your goal is just weight loss.

Well Veeky Forums I decided to get my shit together because of you guys.

Down 35lbs in 7 weeks and started lifting.

Ayy just sharing thoughts. I was thinking in the direction of protein filled food or some recipe sharing but I should seriously look into protein powder at this point, I suppose.

Writing that down, though the amount of carbs is pretty high. Don't even have any oats.

>2 dollars per 48grams of protein

But that's shit? A good protein powder should be at least 50g per $ or €. I can even get eggs that give 54g protein per 1€ where I am. My whey gives 75g per 1€.

Oh, I'm surprised. I thought for sure that prices in the US would be lower. I guess EU is good for protein.

tfw you find another half inch of dick under your fat

Not really libido related but its nice.
You still might be able to learn a trade and get a decent job that way.

Try fiber like avocado and almonds. If you can try to make seafood with coconut oil. It might help your heart condition and lose some more weight.

Many protein powders and eggs are filled with cholesterol. No reason to buy a supplement to make you healthier that's going to make you less healthy. Look for powders with low cholesterol.

It's an old camera it is due to grain.

>recommending someone with a heart condition consume saturated fats from seafood and coconut oil
>recommending someone who is trying to lose weight get their fiber from two of the highest calorie fiber sources

Yeah, if you want her to die.

I like to use unsweetened coconut milk for additional protons.

At least you're white.

Enjoying my last diet dr. pepper. Switched over to a proper diet two weeks ago and now that im feeling good with it, it's time for the sodas to go too.

I'll miss you doctor popper.

It gets easier. First few weeks I wanted pop and drank a few. Next few weeks I didn't mind not having it. After a month I dislike pop and don't know how I ever drank so much.

Hey /fit, yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in years and worked out with a PT. I told him I wanted to build muscle and cut fat, and he said he wanted to work on the machines until we started the weights.

Heres (roughly) the routine we did:
Cable flies 3x8
Chest press 3x8
Incline bench 3x8
Bench 3x10
Weight assisted pull up 3x10

How would you rate his routine? I was weak as hell and now I can't even stretch out my arms, but I feel good.

Even old cameras can detect when genuine happiness and joy has been sucked out of our lives.

>200cl of coffee
>250g of broccoli
>50g of oats
>chainsmoke
I become shitter, destroyer of costipations

Mostly green, earl grey and mint tea.
Should I really drop stevia tho? I'm on the verge of getting diabetes (thanks to dad and being a fatass) so I'm not using sugar on my tea but I need the sweetness, man.
Is stevia not healthy? It's natural, dust stevia.

>Don't even have any oats.

There was 100g oats. You can vary the oats, green lentils and macaroni without changing the macros or total calories if you follow the rules:
30g oats per 10g of green lentils
macaroni is 2x the amount of green lentils

Which gives one extreme plan as:
250g dark soy groats
30g oil
5g salt
240g oats
+ multivitamin, fish oil

This would be the quickest to cook as soy groats soak up water really quickly when heated which can be done in the microwave. The amount of water should be such that the groats are barely covered. 5min at 500W in the microwave should be enough. Personally, I wouldn't eating just groats. They are pretty bland. Only the added oil and salt makes them edible. With macaroni and lentils, there's a total of three different textures in the mix which is a lot more enjoyable.

>the amount of carbs is pretty high

The choices of ingredients are optimized for price which kind of prohibits going low-carb when you reject the use of protein powder. Lots of cheap protein sources happen to be plants. The only foods that are low-carb and high-protein I can think of are meat, eggs and cheese. Eggs and cheese are too high in fat so you can't get below 2000kcal with those while getting 150g protein. Lean meat becomes the only choice.

Refusing to use protein powder is really quite limiting. Especially if you also want the freedom to go low-carb.

>projecting this much
I've literally have never been happier 2bQH famalam n not ebin done yet

I'd rate it shit tier due to machines BUT only if he keeps you on it. It's not a bad practice to start a newbie on machines just to get them use to the routine of a program and training a few times a week.

Routine would work decently for someone who has been lifting for 1 year and is now doing a cycle of steroids. Split hitting the upper body, though it lacks any compound work which is still useful for a split.

As for an overweight natty, it's basically useless cardio. You can't run a split natty to gain muscle and strength. You need to do compound exercises every workout to fatigue your muscles again. Without the steroids, your body can't coast on the fatigue you've created for a whole week.

Start doing dumbbell and compound exercises. PTs have no idea what they're doing and most don't even know how to properly perform exercises.

youtube.com/watch?v=QT_kQp791GQ

Dude you don't need stevia, regular tea is fine if it helps you to cope with hunger.

An extra tablespoon of peanut butter

get some chia seeds with that and you'll become a toilet tornado

Thanks for the solid advice.

>3 eggs
>4 pieces of bacon
>egg mcmuffin

Why won't god let me poop?

Because you're not getting enough fiber. You HAVE to eat greens often if you want to shit every 2-3 days on lowcarb.

Reminder to not eat anything with soybeans in it if you enjoy being a man

Uh, I realized I should clarify the oats to green lentils ratio.

I mean that oats are increased by 30g per every 10g green lentils removed and vice versa.

.... you only shit once every 2-3 days?

Reminder that this is a myth and the phytoestrogens in soybeans compete with your estrogen which causes your body to downregulate its production thus decreasing your endogenous estrogen levels.

Endogenous estrogen is hundreds of times more potent than phytoestrogens, so the competition also reduces the potency of estrogenic effects.

Milk, on the other hand, contains mammalian hormones which do negatively affect your endocrine system.

>started new office job last week
>majority of office is women
>70% of them are obese
>I'm losing weight at a fast rate

Gonna have to hide my Veeky Forums levels as I progress otherwise I might get crabs in the bucket or asked about dieting

I shit regularly every other day.

The women in your office have tried everything to lose weight. You are very lucky to be able to do it, because they've tried dieting, they tried exercise, they even stopped eating food altogether and actually gained weight doing that. Their doctor said they are perfectly healthy and when they were losing weight they were becoming malnourished and dangerously unhealthy. You shouldn't lose weight so fast because it can be dangerous for your health. Try to cut back on the diet and exercise or you might hurt yourself.

>regularly
>every other day
pick one.

I am not on a lowcarb diet. I eat 40+ grams of fiber every day and shit 1-2 times a day.

I had my usual oatmeal last Saturday but a Papa Murphys pizza too. That's all I ate but it was still bad and I feel bad.

Just wait for the suddenly nice candy woman or the mysterious candy basket to appear.

I'm pretty happy with my current situation, never had costipation once. Plus I'm on a high deficit so I don't really fill my stomach that much in one day.

user that joined hs track here, first practice was today and i feel like hell
I can't even remember the last time I ran a significant distance, let alone exercised for a solid 1-1.5 hours
after it was over i laid in the shower and cried for about 10 minutes then got myself together and came home

looking forward to tomorrow, we're all gonna make it

The minimum fiber you should be getting as a man is 38g a day. Minimum.

Fiber lowers your cholesterol, remove excess estrogen, and protects you from cancers.

Nice larping as a HAES retard user!

Not to mention it fills you up much better than fat.

When did I say I don't eat fiber every day? Today I had broccoli and lattuce, yesterday frozen veggies and lattuce.

Forgot to mention daily oats.

>cried

What a disgrace of a person you are

>lose 20 pounds
>XL clothes are all now incredibly loose on me
>38 jeans are loose on me
>try to put large shirts and 36 jeans on
>don't fit

excuse me?

How to cottage cheese? I tried it with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a bit of stevia and it wasn't great. Greek yogurt is too expensive to eat every day, so I'm trying to find something to alternate it with.

grill if it makes any difference, also waited until everybody else had already left

Did you lift and get some noob gains while cutting?

Just started a super low carb one meal a day with cardio diet.

I've lost five pounds in two days from 211 lbs but I'm still laying in bed, excited to go check the scale!!

Can't wait for muh fuckin salad and skiprope today bros.

I have money put away to the side to go to the Amazon rainforest if I can make my goal of 160-170 this year. I'm gonna make it!!

Chocolate bar dipped into 500g peanut butter

Nah, I think I just haven't lost THAT much weight in my waist yet. Mostly my face/arms/back it seems. Plus some belly/titty fat. I have a pretty wideset body so I guess it makes sense if my waste hasn't shrunk yet.

BUT LAST TIME I WAS 225 I COULD FIT INTO 36 JEANS

That's fucking disgusting you pig

That's nice but keep in mind the first pounds are water weight so don't get discouraged when the weight loss slows down, it's normal.

What the fuck. Never going to make it. Never ever.

The 2% fat variety is delicious on its own for me at least. Or is your pic unrelated and you bought the fat-free variety?