Air force run

I'm going to be enlisting in the air force and I need a 2.4km run in 10 minutes and 30 seconds maximum.

Is there any running programs for this?
(Specifically for a treadmill)

I can currently only run for 6 minutes at a little over 3.5m/s
:-(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just, slow down and pace yourself.

Train for more than 2.4k anything there are a lot of 5k plans out there
Cardio is cardio and its easier to run at a lower intensity for a long time (at least for me)

One and a half is pretty much a mid-distance sprint. Here's what your weekly schedule should look like. This isn't optimized or anything but its simple and will get you a passing time.

M - 800 repeats at slightly faster than your last 1.5 mile time.
T - Longer run, 30-40 minutes at easy pace
W - 400 repeats. Do around 8. Faster than your 800 pace but nothing crazy. You want to be able to finish all 8 at the same pace.
Th - Same as Tuesday
F - 400 repeats again. Throw in some shorter distance stuff and do fewer 400s if you want.
S - Do this if you want, but don't get shin splints or something. 1 or 2 mile repeats at medium pace.

If you do that you'll blow all the other chair force fucks out of the water. This is pretty much what I do for the Marine Corps PFT and I ran an 18:45 3 mile last time.

Also figure out how splits fucking work because no runner has ever broken it down by m/s.

I don't understand any of that
Please spoon feed me cause I am lazy and fat

Also should I cut while running or keep bulking? I'm 96kg at 5'11 and kinda want to keep bulking cause its hard to balance lifting and running 5x a week ;-;

at that height/weight yuou will struggle with running no matter how much you train

poo :(

you might not like it but this is what peak performance at

*cut extremely heavily, key

>Airforce PT
You'll be fine

Im willing to drop to 200lbs, but no more.

I'm looking at getting it in 11:15 if I keep up my current Progress's (I'm heavily stalling so i doubt it)
But that's only 15 seconds off BARE MINIMUM ahhhhhhhhhhh

I need to be good at running because my qualifications aren't the best
Where am I supposed to make up for being a genetic dead end ;—;

Dude, you are too heavy to be a runner. Ideal runners weight at your height is 60-65 kg which is at the lower range of the normal BMI. You are 30 fucking kilos heavier!

Ok bro, your standard track is 400 meters around. You will go there and perform the Air Force physical fitness test. Max situps in one minute. Max pushups in one minute. One and a half mile run (6 laps).

You will take the time from the run and figure out how fast you ran each 400 (so put it all into seconds, divide by 6, then you have how many seconds each 400 took).

Now this is your initial split. Your 800 should be two of those added, minus a little bit of time. Your 400 is one of those minus a little more time. Your long runs are way slower and based off of feel more than split.

You don't need to look like a professional runner to get a passing grade because it's the fucking air force and literally anybody can pass if they put in even a modicum of effort. However, you are a fat fuck. Idk why you're even bulking. Start your cut, throw in the running (at a SLOW pace or you'll get injured) on top of the lifting and it'll come in no time.

My plan up there is for a seasoned runner. Start with longer slow runs and walks and start cutting. After boot camp the air force will stop giving a shit about your fitness and you can go back to being a slob.

Bro that run is a joke.
Just run 3 times a week while actually trying, you'll blow through it no problem.

Thanks for spoon feeding, i didn't think you'd actually do it cause I'm retarded ;;—;;

I'll do exactly as you've written thank you.
And I certainly will go back to being a slob in no time

Take it easy initially though, easy to get shin splints if you up the mileage too quickly. If you work up to decent times on that plan, Air Force bootcamp will be an absolute joke. Good luck man

Thanks again man. I've already gone through all the shin pain and now its been very easy going, hopefully its as easy as you say. :-)

Hope ya make it, user

OP. I'm in your boat.
I got a 3 day trial tomorrow morning, all goes well I start in June.

Here's my routine that got my 2.4k down to 9:31
Monday, start out my doing your run. I personally hate warmups, but if you want to do some, go ahead. Time yourself. Take note of your times at certain points, like the 1mile, 6 min, 8 min etc. Every week you are to match/beat your time.
5-10 minute rest, catch your breath.
Now you do 60/120s. 60s at a walking pace (~3m/h) 120seconds running (~8-10m/h). Do this also for 1.5 miles.

Tuesday either rest or do some very light cardio.
Wednesday- weight trainging, feel free to smack your legs around.
Thursday-see tuesday
Friday, see monday, except it's ok to not get a new best time.
Or
Friday- 5k and nothing else.
Sa/Sun-Weights as you see fit.
Watch what you eat obviously, takes notes of progress so even on a bad day you don't beat yourself up too much.
And fucking stretch. Shin splits are a thing because you didn't stretch.

>2.4k
It's a mile and a half.

Congrats you just converted 2.4km to miles. Want a sticker?

Emi best girl

1.5 mile I think you can make it in under 12:30 before they do anything.
If you're talking about the PFA, that is.
Just max out the sit ups and push up portion.
I run a 9:05 for the PFA now, and long distance is what helped me the most.

Afpt test minimum is 13:36 not 10:30.
Also 42 sit ups and 30 something push ups and a 39.5 inch waist. I usually run it in 13 minutes and max everything else out and get mid 80s. But I hate running and I usually just amble during the pt test.

Op converted it first.

What AFSC

Alan Thrall was a former marine. He made a very informative video about training about the military.

youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo