Why does Veeky Forums hate cardio?

Why does Veeky Forums hate cardio?

Cardio helps your heart. Weight helps your muscles.

Why not do both?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26885978
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26932769
mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/expert-answers/exercise/faq-20057916
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>have a good resting heart rate
>have to shove more food down my throat with zero appetite to meet my bulk TDEE
>Its fucking boring

You're on a site full of bulking guys who don't train, of course they hate cardio.
A good balance of both is key.

cardio kills gains

And to ask this you post a pic of chick mid-squat?

I think even serious lifters should do 45 - 60 minutes of cardio three times/weekly.

I love cardio it gives me a helluva rush.

>Stop doing cardio because I think it's why I can't gain weight
>Depression becomes uncomtrollable
>Begin blowing my load in 2 minutes tops
>Started running again
>Depressiom getting better
>Lasting longer
And thats why I do cardio

I've never gotten that runner's high people talk about. I have no real trouble running semi long distances, but it just doesn't make me feel good in anyway similar to how lifting does. Even afterwards when I cool down, it's just like "alright, that really sucked" no matter how often I do it.

>mid-squat
>implying
That's probably her lowest point. Also jesus fuck, that back rounding. Why are women risking their health that much just to create the illusion of a bigger ass.

I do a 10 minute run after my workouts every other day. My belief is that having a strong cardiovascular system will help me with my lifts. 10 min on the treadmill I believe is short enough to where it will not steal my gains.

Not only that, but you should never turn your neck while in the middle of any exercise that heavily loads the spinal column. Hope she enjoys snap city trying to look sexy.

>Why are women risking their health that much just to create the illusion of a bigger ass.
It's like the men taking steroids on this board, risking their health for bigger gains. Probably the same reason: looking for a good screw

It's a meme only fat autists take seriously.

IT KILLS GAINS BRO :DDD

brap

>implying women at the gym work hard enough to get injured
shes squating like 20lbs bro

Isn't losing weight the point of working out?

asses like this just look ridiculous imo. is this board populated by niggers or what?

Mother of God. muh fuckin dick

Thats why arnold ran 3 miles before or after every workout.

Give me his roids and I'll run too

SAUCE
A
U
C
E

MUH DICK

Is running in pumps/canvas shoes a bad idea? If it's just the treadmill?

because its impossible to do both strength training and cardio

I lift heavy every other day (texas method)

if I were to run on my rest days I would not be rested enough to do my heavy lifts

I do ppl six times / week and I do cardio before and after each workout, granted it's not for that long periods of itme but definitely can incorporate it

>turning your neck while squatting
>wearing some weird-ass basketball shoeso"
"no"

to warm up I prefer the rowing machine

when running I like running at least a 5k to feel like I have actually run

and running even a 5k can be very hard for my legs

I hate cardio because i have to cycle to the fucking gym 30 mins each way, 6 days a week, even on fucking leg day, and no one will ever give me a lift because i don't have any friends.

You can't help something that's broken.

doubt you can deadlift over 3pl8

but i do do cardio

30-40% of my 1rm 20 reps with a minute rest 4x20

bench
rows
squat
deadlift

and 10000 steps on my off days

Shhhhh, it only gets better user

Low resting heart rate is a bit of a meme. You want to get a high moving heart rate.

One of the heart nerces atrophies in long distance guys abd that actually causes heart proble.s rather than an efficient heart.

brehs

barely user, but I doubt cardio is the reason

After doing minimal research and from looking at my own experience, cardio won't effect you too much - as long as you dont over do it.
Try to do a little cardio as warmup (I do 10 minutes) and it works great. From websites I've seen, try to stay below 20-50 minutes overall.
I generally walk for 3 minutes and run for 7 minutes. This just gets me going since all I do is sit in a chair for a few hours prior to going to the gym every day.

>BRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

Cardio literally killed my gains. I wasn't able to recover with cardio added and got an overuse injury.

This. I was a competitive swimmer though, and I can definitely get what must be analogous to runners high by doing very particular swim sets. I always just assumed swimming my whole life made my body averse to running hard

Yeah, shitty arch support and no padding on a hard treadmill will give you flat feet and shin splints.
There's always the barefoot running meme but I wouldn't recommend it for the average heel striking large dude, it's always good way to get hurt.

I want to start cardio but I need to gain 20 pounds first.

>tfw went from 115lbs to 135lbs

>have to shove more food down my throat with zero appetite to meet my bulk TDEE

Isn't that better since you'll be getting more macros?

This is bullshit, I do strength training (natty) and HIIT on my off days and I've never had trouble making progress, actually I feel like it helps.

Does anyone here actually do deadlifts? If anything is useless it's that.

Nah he's right. I'm and cardio is not very compatible with TM unless you have very injury-resistant genetics.

I don't. I can't lift quite enough to make it worth it.

Just eat more

I'm already eating about 3000 calories a day. I found any less and I would lose weight if I did cardio.

>snap city
>30 kg

>Isn't that better since you'll be getting more macros?

I think you may have meant micronutrients?

Not that user but I don't have a problem getting my micros after putting a bunch of berries and greens in my smoothie. What I do have a problem is having to put nuts, olive/coconut oil, and seeds in everything to try and squeeze calories in. I honestly am mostly too burnt out on cooking and eating to fit the extras calories I would burn with cardio

you cant see cholesterol, thats why no one cares for cardio

dumb myth

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26885978
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26932769

Yes, retards do tend to snap their shit up fucking up the simplest shit. Knew a dude that fucked his back while doing deadlifts with a fixed 80lb bar. It doesn't take lifting heavy to do dumb shit.

>injury-resistant genetics
this is the /fit version of fat people blaming their genetics.
if a guy has no energy for lifting if he does cardio, ok, clear enough. we all know you need full energy for good lifting
if you can't do both, also ok, that's where you are
'where you are' is not fit enough to do both
the muscles you're working are getting bigger. but you do not have the endurance to run as well... it's training and fitness not genetics or anything else

it's indicative of remodelling that leads to less sympathetic drive for same end organ perfusion and cardiac output which is beneficial. if working heart rate is too high the activity becomes anaerobic and this is lost; adaptation gets restricted to the active muscles instead

athlete's heart is not pathological and endurance training causes hypertrophy not atrophy. you have no idea what you're talking about

You have never read a study, have you? Genetics play a large part in how you recover, this is a fact. Most of us can never become top athletes no matter how hard we try. That's not to say you shouldn't try, but one must know ones limits and not try to train like an olympic talent because that is a ticket to snap city.

didn't want to be the guy to inform you, but you might have low test

sorry bro

I've hated the idea of cardio because every cardio I've done before: running and swimming was fucking exhausting.

Then I tried ellipticals. Holy shit it's all the value with none of the suffering.

>run 5 miles regularly every other day on treadmill at a normie gym
>every single curlbro/cardio bunny who hops on literally does it for 20 minutes or walks

i'm disgusted by the lack of running i encounter. if you cannot do 5 miles you are physically not fit.

Get the fuck outta here

It's because real runners run outside on pavement, faggot

I run ~15 min 5 times a week (after every workout) and burn like 200 kcal.

Is this enough for heart gains?

BRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP PFFFFT PFFFFFF FFFFF...fff....fffffffft...t.t.t.ttt.tt.t

why not run real fast for 3 minutes then walk for 4? as long as your heart rate stays elevated you don't /need/ to run at 7.5 to get the benefits of cardio, and that way when you're walking for 4 minutes you can sit on your phone or whatever you do.

actually studies are saying long jogs are the best for heart gains.

i do it outside too, usually 7-8 miles on a nice day.

this might be true though, outdoors running is the only way that endorphins seem to kick in for me.

200 cals a run seems like a pretty fast pace if its 15 minutes. try cranking it to 30 and you're at the recommended.

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/expert-answers/exercise/faq-20057916

IDK.

I love cardio. In fact I prefer it over weights.

If only I had it easy like women and all I had to do was Cardio and some squats.

Fukn women, am i rite?

Dear god, if her farts did that to my noise hairs (not full blown melted, but blown away) She'd be added to my wife collection.

Sleep/eat more faggot

>micros
nigga what, if that's a problem take a multivit
I think he meant macros

Because it's 100x harder than lifting if you're doing it right. Anybody can do 5x5 bench a couple times a week but not many are willing to do sprints until they feel like dying. Lifting is easy as fuck compared to HIIT cardio

I was able to cut sugar out of my diet but everytime i run over 10k i get intense food and especially sugar cravings, i normally chug down a milk and eat dinner but its such a frikkin hole in my stomach. Will definitely use it for my next bulk

2mi run clocked at 15 will burn you 250-300 cals easy, and if you run slower than that you might as well give up on life

you're body is telling you to repair its glycogen stores. eat some fruit/potatoes.

this grill is a top QT. can I have moar for research purposes?

I actually like cardio more than lifting, but I hate the idea of being week so I do strength training at the same time. Though once it warms up and I start hiking I inevitably seem to miss some weight sessions since I feel really burned out the day after I hike for 5+ hours.

I don't personally, it makes up the bulk of my routine at the gym. There's nothing like the after-rush and hell, my stamina and speed have improved, sex is better and I can go for fucking ages oh and it's probably the best anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug that I've ever found. Literally I don't just feel normal and happy, I actually feel more chilled, relaxed and better than most people I know who don't bother working out. Can't recommend enough.

Because it's boring. And good exercise will get your heart rate up anyway unless you are doing high sets low reps.

>let me put this towel on to make it look like I have curves

I love doing cardio. I felt like this till I started getting in cardio in between lifting days

Learn to enjoy that solitary suffering, its what biking is all about.

tits or gtfo

cardio literally blasts plaque off your arteries giving you harder boners. Veeky Forums is virgin central. you do the math.

>FFFFF...fff....fffffffft...t.t.t.ttt.tt.t
oh how good it is to be autistic

Can confirm from personal experience. I threw my back out bending over and reaching down to pick up a bag of chips, and I wasn't even that heavy (186#/69"). Granted it was probably due to overwork, but putting a lot of shear force on your spinal column while the discs aren't in alignment can cause really random and spastic injuries.

KEK
well meme'd

>arnold
>roids
No. Arnold didn't roid.

because it's boring as fuck and pretty autistic to run around the city

Heart rate gets elevated to bring glucose to and clear lactate out of muscles. No aerobic conditioning.

>Heart rate is elevated
>not aerobic

>metaboreceptors only respond to aerobic signals

What's wrong with running 15 minutes after training? I train 4 times a week, and do 15 minutes cardio 3 times after practice.

>Governor, movie star and former professional bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger admits to using steroids, but says he has no regrets.

>The seven-time Mr. Olympia winner told ABC News's George Stephanopoulos that even knowing what he knows now about the performance-enhancing drugs, he would still have used them.

>"I have no regrets about it," said Schwarzenegger, "because at that time, it was something new that came on the market, and we went to the doctor and did it under doctors' supervision. We were experimenting with it. It was a new thing. So you can't roll the clock back and say, 'Now I would change my mind on this.' "

>what is trolling
He got you all good.

this

define "cardio"

if you mean LISS, the adaptation is directly antagonistic to strength training.

strength training is more beneficial to your heart than LISS.

HIIT is good, though.

>believing that Arnie is nattie

Intense cardio is the best treatment for depression.