How can I be more intense during rugby?

How can I be more intense during rugby?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zvVoF97JUbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make up your own haka

Get really into conspiracy theories and try to passionately convince your team mates that JFK shot JR or some shit.

Edge

A guy on my highschool team back in the day implemented some really effective but really dirty hands to the face maneuvers whenever he had the ball. Basically just punched people in the face whenever they tried to tackle him.

That's a legitimate move.

ATHLEANX

Play every game off your tits on wizz, also sharpen your teeth with a small metal file and bite the fuck out of your opponents

>tfw no rugby bf

Yeah, I know it's technically legal, but he kind of abused the privilege.

Do some pregame key bumps

name of the move?
I need to try it out

"Stiff arm"

thats illegal in rugby

thats an american football thing

Or "fend off" I meant. I'm an american so bear with me.

>it's technically legal
Not technically, it is legal. You aren't meant to just let tackles happen.

Preworkout. Was playing some Rugby League in the off season last year and all the forwards were taking that pregame.

Hand off

Open hand is legal. A punch or leading with a forearm is not.

Well motherfuckers used to freak out about it on the other teams.

I checked it out and Aussies (one letter from pussies) don't allow it on the head or neck and count it as a high tackle. I don't see that as safer desu.

In Union it's anything that isn't a strike. So no closed fist, and judgement on a push vs a strike. League isn't rugby so...

Haha

a really hard, open-handed stiff arm, right? Like sort of hitting them with the base of the palm?

Yeah, he didn't close his fist but it was 100% a strike and not a push.

Yeah you're right it's legal but definitely a dick move lol

>tfw a (possible) girl on Veeky Forums

Make more lift tackles to scare your opponent off. Also try to gauge whether you could run through their tackles and just power through.

I only come here for the male THICC + fat hate threads.

No it isn't. Your refs are shit (the fact that it's high school explains a lot) if they allow it.

Be more intense during practice.

I-I'll be your rugby bf

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Stiff-arms are allowed on the body, not the face.

Any move that targets the head and neck directly is extremely illegal in rugby, and is sin-bin worthy if you keep doing it.

so you are in fact a girl?
Not that im desperate, atleast in relation to everyone else on this site, but i happen to play rugby. You're not from germany by any chance?

T-thanks user

Not a tranny with a "feminine penis". That's for sure. Germany is far away where I'm from.

Intense in what sense?

Get angry. As soon as that whistle blows, you need to be 100% focused on getting to that ball and fucking up the guy holding it. You need to tap into your brutal animalistic side, but still be able to maintain situational awareness. I always found if I ever saw a guy really fuck up one of my teammates or was doing dirty shit in rucks and scrums, I made it my mission to crunch him.

When youre going into a tackle, if you think 'this is gunna hurt', then it will hurt. If you think 'im gunna fuck this guy up', it wont hurt. Too many guys slow down before a hit because theyre afraid of the contact; that just makes you easier to take down. You need to mentally tell yourself that they would need 10 blokes to stop you; accelerate as much as possible, drop a shoulder and hit the first guy like a train.

Rugby is equal parts being a gentleman and being a brute. Respect your opponents, help them up if theyre down, dont be a cunt and taunt them, nobody likes that guy. Just dominate physically; make it so that when youre taking the ball off an inside pop, the guy youre gunna hit is thinking 'oh fuck, not this guy'.
I was never the fastest, strongest or most skilled on the pitch, but respect was given because my team knew I would hit my marked man, I would make my tackles, and I would do my job until I was physically unable to.

Post feminine benis and/or tiddies

You playing touch rugger lad?
youtu.be/zvVoF97JUbc

It's allowed in big boy rugby.

They are B cups and nothing worth jerking off to. I'll go back to shitposting on /sp/ I suppose.

Do this

too bad, but as i stated before, im not that desperate. But sure my mom will be disappointed.

To stay on topic, i embrace the moment of physical domination, i try to make out players who look like they dont want to tackle me, then i when i get to run at them i drop the shoulder and more often than not im clean through. Also i play prop, so its especially important that you never show pain or fear look like you love every bit of physicality and see it as a opportunity to inflict pain (within the rules)

>They are B cups
Ayy bb, if you're tall all I'm asking is if you're ever thinking about procreating...

>I play prop

You're a big guy.

>Cites a fucking youtube clip

What's next, a "TOP TEN RUGBY HITS" reel to teach me that high tackles are allowed, too?

Illegal moves are the bread and butter of every corny video that teenagers and normie American non-ruggers masturbate to. Which one are you?

i bet i could. b is fine
also:
>a female shitposting on /sp/
it gets more and more unrealistic.
i demand timestamp of feminine feature (not benis)

> nothing worth jerking off to

We'll be the judges of that, thank you very much

for you

>citing a VIDEO of ACTUAL RUGBY PLAY
Yeah how shitty.

Literally arguing with someone from a rugby family from a rugby union town who plays rugby. I know I'm right. If you don't believe me you can read all the union rules online.

hand off to face is allowed its just youth and some lower leagues that dont allow it

Backing this bloke. Hand-offs are completely legal, the only thing illegal regarding the head and neck are clotheslines/ridiculously high tackles, and dump tackling someone onto their head/neck.

>Citing some nobody's corny highlight reel of random clips taken out of context

Yeah, it's shitty.

>Literally arguing with someone from a rugby family

Teenager it is.

>random clips taken out of context
You think they're not really playing rugby?

I didn't say this is a good post, but it's a very good post.

I think of it more like it's a coursing instinct like a dog chasing a rabbit. I don't like to get angry but it's important to have an aggressiveness and get the adrenaline pumping.

Geh ins Bett, Bernd

NEIN! Morgen Nachtschicht

Yeah at the core of it its controlled aggression, being able to turn it off and on and direct it as needed.
Cheers for the r8 m8.

These guys are always with some beefy legs and strong torso,

What do they do to become like this? Lotsa Squatz and weights? I assume it has nothing to do with tackling each other

Stiff arms to the face are allowed as long as they're open-palm and are caught on the extension. You can't run with your hand outstretched but you can shove people off, including their face.

Training varies by team and time. I believe most now do barbell training like the American footballers, as well as many olympic lifts. It used to be more leg press type stuff I believe (and even until recently some older players were leg press rather than squat). Weighted pull ups and dips and things have always been quite typical, and rowing machine crosstraining has been around a long time now.

Sprinting a lot does build legs though, as does pushing and pulling sleds and such.

Don't think, just do.

Very good and legit advice. Flanker here, ir cost me a lot to have the aggressiveness needed

My mate is a S&C intern at a pro club

League is like playing chasing as a kid.

Rugby brahs how do you maintain your size and cardio at the same time? Do you just eat a fuck load?

Who do ya play for fag

Different positions usually are at different sizes, you'll notice a full back is usually smaller than a prop, this is because the fullback typicallly runs half the field before getting tackled and front rows often don't get further than 20 meters