/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Ginger tea is still based edition

Old thread at 300lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cW0lK3b7zhA
amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Psyllium-500mg-Vcaps/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=zg_bs_3762131_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YJ4JPG5FGQWMT0A5Q6E8
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss
youtube.com/watch?v=VWgwJfbeCeU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So /fat/ - When did you go from being a fatty to just being fat?

Being a fatty means you think there's nothing wrong with you, continuing down the path of self destruction, eating the shit, not working out - basically being in denial.

Being fat is the acceptance and change stage. Once you are in this stage, you're on your way to becoming Veeky Forums

So, when did you change?

3 weeks ago. So far, so good.

Posted this in prior thread but

>wanted to lose weight bc disgusted with self
>go for runs
>make playlist that fits my run perfectly
>get back from run, hella sweaty and breathing like a fucking horse
>sleep well knowing I'm on a good path
>wake up and charge my phone for run later that night
>check music for the fuck of it
>realize playlist consists of 4 songs, only making it out to 10 minutes of cardio

The path I run even comes out to match the length of the playlist. Should I just double the length and run the path again?
Really disappointed.

If you can then yeah run it again. If not, just add a song a week and run until it ends, soon you'll be up to 30 mins.

When i meet a 8/10 qt3.14 playing some vidya, and i wanted to be /fit for her, but things didnt work as expected (atleast got some nudes) , now im losing weight for myself, im feeling better than ever, i can run 3 miles or more when 3 months ago even the staircase was something hard for me. Im at 88kg from 106kg in 3-4 months. And i hope i can reach 70kg this year.
Dont let anyone say you are a failure.

We're all gonna make it bros

/fat/ here, 200lbs, recently started push-ups but my crotch hits the ground before im able to go fully down. Any advice?

You posted the priest wojak which is used for confession user pls remember for next time.

>realize playlist consists of 4 songs, only making it out to 10 minutes of cardio

Holy shit that's funny

went to the corner store since my friend wanted to, almost bought a cheetoh bag but I decided against it because of /fat/

you better fucking (You) me

Not a problem, familia.

Time to confess your cheatmeals.

I know, I realized I used to wrong file when it was already too late

Pls forgive me priest wojak

Nah I'm usually gasping for air, but yeah I'll try adding a song here and there

>cheetos
I just got done jogging my shitty mile at a snails pace(13 min) and got offered mcdicks with soda. My cousin said she could do a 7 min mile. That was enough for me to decline

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I went to the movies and drank a large soda and ate candy while on keto.

You are but a snake in the grass for that file contains the devils TRIPS.
Your forgiven famalamsenpai

dig a little hole in the dirt
have fun

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
Bishop here
That's 2 weeks no bread. And no tea for a week

I've been in a constant state of "Oh I need to lose weight" for years, but like depending on food for comfort and generally not caring about myself kept me from doing anything about it.

I think I wanted to change after I realized I was almost 20, halfway through college, and my life is so stagnant and limited. I wanted to feel confident about myself and be able to express my passions, interests, etc. without using my weight as an excuse to just stay comfortable hiding myself.

Sorry for the blog.

T-thanks

I just saw the infrographic for it, i wasn't clenching my asscheeks and my arms were too far apart.

Stop doing push ups?

>already ate 1700 calories
>still hungry
>i have chips

stop

Check out scoobs vid here.
youtu.be/cW0lK3b7zhA

I love you for respecting /fat/

Thanks senpai

We're all gonna make it, even if your shit is fucked life isn't over yet. Good on you who have disciplined themselves and did it. Feels good man.

nothing yet. for 2 days now, i've kept under a thousand calories and im doing good with exercise. for once in my life im not failing. but idk if i can say the same in just few months time

Protein flavor that doesn't taste like shit with water?

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Going to have a half gallon of ice cream and make a giant frito pie.

>eating jello like that one retarded woman on My 600-lb Life who became malnourished and had to have surgery again to fix her shit

I found it hard to believe people would be that stupid, but here you are. Do you know what "empty calorie" means?

nice

l-love you too

pls be bait

A bullshit term. Calories themselves have value.
Also I find it really helps control my hunger which is not bad for 80 calories for 2 lbs. of jello.

Daily reminder that only lazy faggots don't do cardio. Enough of the >muh knees bullshit.

I like pizza.
How do I lash myself for falling for such weight gains

If I just eat peanuts and stuff when I'm getting a craving and cut soda, that should generally be enough right?

Also not getting fast food anymore

wish me luck lads

Eating to replace something is a slippery slope , measure and count when in doubt

I know, I'm going gradual with this stuff though. I don't eat a whole lot, and I'm not too overweight as it is, but a lot of the stuff I eat is just unhealthy

change the type of pizza you order. i know my mom loves turning to pizza for food when she hasn't gone shopping so the first thing i did when i started calorie counting was find the lowest calorie pizza servings so i could eat that.
it's usually 3 slices of ham and pineapple thin crust pizza.

>gonna eat the highest calorie "health food" I can find whenever I get cravings. probably consume more calories this way than pigging out on potato chips
wish me luck lads

You'd be better off eating two more slices of bread each day. Not even joking, eating extra bread, especially whole wheat bread, can help you lose weight by satiating you.

>Tfw work a graveyard shift at a convinience store

Lord keep me from temptation because all these chips and candies i can take for free.

Side question: should I be eating at all overnight? Should i find a healthy snack or grab a more meal-sized portion? Life is rough.

Fatty here. Looked in the mirror shirtless for the first time in a longtime, saw my short torso and was disgusted at my muffin top and slight manboobs.

Gonna start working out on Friday. Which type of Cardio is best? Just straight running or those creative cardio excersies?

Do you have to get on a diet? I probably should considering all I've been eating is just fast food at my Student Union.

>sticky
Just run. and run for as long as you can. Get lifting. eat better

For starting I would suggest start cutting out sugary drinks and switching to water as your main beverage. Also start eating smaller portions when you have a meal.

If you're a fatty you don't have to kill yourself by running right at the beginning. You can start off with walking for a period and then move on to jogging. Or you can start running if you're really motivated that's up to you.

strawberry
vanilla with coffee mixed in

chocolate. Make sure you mix it in hot water.

I know that feel 100%, I work at a grocery store and it's incredible hard to not grab shit.

/g/ here, I'm trying to replicate the scientific finding described within the picture here.
I'm wondering what's the highest fiber thing I can get on woolworths.com.au/Shop
Any help would be appreciated.

amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Psyllium-500mg-Vcaps/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=zg_bs_3762131_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YJ4JPG5FGQWMT0A5Q6E8

Taste like garbage. Will fill you up. Just mix with water.

Psyllium husks/metamucil.

Barely anyone gets their required 30g of fibre each day, this shit will change your life.

All-Bran or Fiber One cereal is great for breakfast.

Well peanuts are good at suppressing hunger. High fat and protein especially. One small packet of the fuckers keeps me 'full' for several hours

How much calories are bogger, nails and dead skin.

I think i am overerating calories because of them.

>30g of fibre each day
It's 38g for men.

I never get below 40g a day as a vegan. I shit every day with ease.

trying intermittent fasting
I had a few swigs of vodka. how bad did I fuck up?

I've always know I had a problem but didn't care until I went out in public which was rarely. I'm working on it but fuck there's temptation everywhere.

You're not so shitfaced you can't post on Veeky Forums, so I'd say you dun fucked up.

>tfw massive problem of picking nose clean and immediate spitting the fuckers out as loogies
I think my body is overproducing phlegm. If I don't do either of my throat starts to get all fucky. Coughing all the time

I've literally never been that shitfaced. I drink like a champ, which is the problem. the drink was within my eating window but I'm worried about the calories.

I never liked being fat. I always felt fat and have yo-yo dieted at least since highschool. I lost the will to maintain sustained loss and just stopped logging foods and regressed each time.

>eating window
Yeah, that's not a good way to fast. It encourages overeating and expands your stomach.

You should do 0-400 calorie restriction days and just ad libitum the rest of the time WITHOUT BINGING.

>Work at Jimmy John's as a driver usually eat a sandwich after work for a cheap dinner
>Most of the sandwiches are 700+ calories
>Whole bunch of fast food places around work
>Starting to diet
This is gonna be hard as dicks. I need to find a snack that would stop mid-shift cravings, which I get a lot. Would just a low calorie snack work like peanut butter crackers or something?

Will check it out, thanks user
I was thinking of replacing my entire diet with fibre, I take it if I just got enough in the first place I wouldn't need to.
Thanks user, I'll pick some up

I have a trip now. Lots of myths floating around here. I've picked up a few things, tricks, and knowledge that would be useful to y'all.

1) Do your fucking cardio.
>muh knees
That's why you're fat.

2)If you're obese. Don't worry about IF or keto. It's a technique for the skinnier lads who need to drop the last few pounds. Not worth the mental energy thinking about.

3)If you're really obese 100+lbs overweight, you can cut pretty deeply without many side effects. You can boost the time frame a ton. But can only be done when you're seriously obese. You will need to sup fiber, or you'll become constipated for over a month and have to get a tube shoved up your ass and fill up two toilets of shit in the ER.

4)Lift.

5)Do what you can to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle. Don't do exercises you fucking hate. Change up your routines when you get bored. You will have to do this for the rest of your fucking life you better like it.

6) Learn to cook, and cook a lot. Pick up a good cookbook. I'd recommend Anabolic Cooking. Make up your meals during the weekend, you can know the macros in each meal, so it takes the guesswork, and the annoying chore of logging every fucking thing you eat.

7) Read some books. brush up on your microbiology, and pick up some Lyle McDonald books. Torrent them, not too hard to find.
I'd recommend:
The Stubborn Fat Solution
The Ultimate Diet 2.0
The Protein Book
And some helpful longreads from him: bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss

hi fat

this is my dinner

rate and thanks

Tips for reducing cravings? Also how do I go from 250 to 200 as fast as possible? Is chocolate Soy Milk healthy? Is pork on a bun healthy? Help!

cant sleep

sup /fat/

This is my lunch, minus the Brocoli and maybe with some Tahini.

MARTIN'S KETTLE COOKED

Sorry, but I'm going through that exact fucking struggle. Didn't even eat a healthy 1700 calorie intake either fml

youtube.com/watch?v=VWgwJfbeCeU

Last July I had a gout attack. I knew I had let myself go but the pain was surreal and the doctor said this shit was going to keep happening. Up to that point in my life I had thought for years just how much better the world would be if I had just killed myself and I think letting myself get that fat was the quiet slow way of me trying to do just that.

That was 60 pounds ago and I plan to keep going. I have my weight loss goal now and I want to save up enough so in three or so years I can go see Japan. Then maybe I'll go back to the consider suicide option but I think making some goals and working toward them are giving me a reason to live again. Going to be fun working two jobs.

>Tips for reducing cravings?
Black coffee, but only if you dont' have a problem with stimulants
Water
Veggies
Giving into the cravings and having a small bit of something.
Will power, if you have enough of it to overcome the cravings.

>Also how do I go from 250 to 200 as fast as possible?
PSMF as described by lyle mcdonald, yohimbe and fasted morning cardio. Upping your daily activity levels.
Anything outside of that will more then likely ruin your endocrine system and shorten your life by a few years.

>Is chocolate Soy Milk healthy?
No, not at all. But it's not horrible for you and is better then most of the trash people drink. So if you keep things in order and track your calories and macros you can drink it.

>Is pork on a bun healthy
Not really. But healthy is less important then getting the weight off if you are seriously overweight. If you are really looking to be as healthy as possible then eat clean veggies clean meats with moderate amounts of fats, olive oyl, some fruits, some nuts. Drink naught but water.

When I realized I was tired of being an unproductive stoner who just ate and smoked constantly and wasn't truly happy and tired of having a gross looking belly with stretchmarks and a big gut.

I'm 5'11 and 260. Been trying to swim and jog as much as I can and eat better. It's tough at times, and hard since I quit weed because of anxiety but damn it I try.

Coffee is a no-go since it just makes me jittery. Will try and drink more water and eat more veggies. Also will have limitee amounts of soy milk and meat. Thanks.

Also, if I were to drink any type of milk...which is the best? I have also heard almond is better.

I've been using almond milk as a replacement mixed with my oatmeal and honestly I can't tell a difference from two percent milk or whatever. But that could just be me and my shitty taste buds. ymmv

drink full fat

>like lifting
>really hate cardio

Never gonna make it.

I started being an almondfag, it actually tastes hella good.

Zyzz never did cardio. He made it.

He also fucking died from roiding so

Same here bro. Fuck that feeling when you're out of breath and you're sweating everywhere. I hate it especailly when your shirt sticks your back, and you go sit in your car and your wet shirt touches the seat.

>tfw losinng weight
>tfw always tired naturally
>tfw i am now starting to oversleep
Why doesnt my body accept 9h of sleep in one go and wake up once at 30m then each 5h or so?
Should i start chugging somniphers?

You may be cutting too much. Body is finding ways to save on energy.

>Why doesnt my body accept 9h of sleep in one go and wake up once at 30m then each 5h or so?
No fucking clue.

Disagree heavily with number 2. I'm obese and do both IF and keto. IF is great because I only get hungry once I've had my first meal, and if that's around lunch, that's a whole lot less time to deal with it. Keto is great because eating any carbs causes me to crave them.

No longer fat but pretty sure I ACTUALLY have a thyroid problem now.

>Always cold
>exhausted physically and mentally
>Shit quality sleep and not enough of it

How long since dieting?

You're dead wrong on #2. IF is shown to cause problems in normal weight individuals and is a safe alternative to CER for overweight and obese.

bland george foreman/10

>not showering off at the gym
Not gonna make it.

18 months @1500 kcal
I was very fat.
My weight loss slowed WAY down around November though.

did you refeed during this?

same dude
first 3 months was unbelievable
the last 3 have been a slog

Never a cheat day a failure or a re-feed.
1500 was my hard limit my average was probably around 1420.
I'm done now though and am hoping some of these problems clear up.

How to correctly refeed ?
3 weeks dieting and its the fiest time i heard about refeeding

Get it thin crust, get chicken as your meat topping if you want a meat topping, maybe even less cheese.

don't get sucked into that nonsense
just keep on doing what you're doing

Went off the rails for 3 days, gained 7lbs but i've been back on the diet for a week now. I will always struggle with binge eating. I'm down 120lbs, have 40 more to go.

Does lower back pain coincide with your weight?

For example I would be mopping pretty quickly and I would start to get sharp pains in my lower back that would last until after I'm finished working for a bit. It would also happen when I'm standing for long periods of time but that's rare.

I'm not horribly overweight but I have a bit of a muffintop and starting to grow moobs.

If keto and IF works for you, that's great. Bodies are different and experimenting and finding what works for you is what is most important.

I don't recommend IF or keto because of the limits it places on your diet. I've tried both, sometimes together.

IF encourages binging, and bad habits. With IF it's harder to get proper nutrition before lifting or cardio. Doing cardio fasted fucking sucks, and so does lifting. You can get used to it, but the effectiveness is diminished. If you can find a schedule that works for you, and you're making sure you are handling the fasting segments correctly (not simple) then sure.

With keto the limits on what food you can buy and eat can lead to a situation where you're not eating good nutrition. Which leads you to feeling hungry, depressed, sleepy, a piece of shit. If you've done it for a while, know what types of food to buy and make, sure. But it's an unnecessary technique for weight loss and can be a hurdle.

Binging in a small window is a hell of a lot better then eating 24/7 and constantly snacking.

And fasted cardio isn't supposed to be fucking easy and simple. It's to help your fat ass drop the pounds. But if you're not using the fact that it sucks as an excuse to not do it then who gives a shit.

Lastly just eat a small pre-workout meal during your feasting hours then eat your meals after that. Your body will fucking devour the calories and send everything exactly where it needs to go.

Diet pills

eat filling foods

someone here has an infographic about food satiety