Excessive force by bouncers

help me out fitizens

I was at an edm show tonight having a good time with my friends. When the headliner for the show came out a mosh pit had formed behind me resulting in one of my friends suffering a pretty serious blow to her head.

being the chad I am I decided that stepping behind her to push other moshers away to prevent her from getting hit again was the best thing to at the time.

Minutes later a security guard with no warning came up behind me and put me in a headlock. After freeing myself I was pushed towards the exit even though I was willingly leaving. Knowing that bouncers/security guards aren't legally allowed to do that and what happened seemed to be an unjustifiable act of assault and excessive force.

Do I have the right to pursue legal actions / should I?

>Moshing at an edm show

shiggy diggy

>an edm show
That's your problem right there. You were advertising you wanted your ass pounded.
>Do I have the right to pursue legal actions / should I?
Asking Veeky Forums for legal advice, you deserve what you get. If these meatheads could get law degrees, they would never have hit the gym to get girls.

Dubwubstep

>tfw actually have a law degree but it's a British one and I was shit anyway
>dropped law altogether to go into the fitness industry
you've actually just made me feel bad, thanks user you fucking prick

im a punk from way back, the amount of fights i have had with security guards at shows (sometimes even the shows we were playing, go figure) who decided to jump me when i was legit just dancing with my friends is... too many

youre a faggot if you pursue legal action, thats just my personal view; however i once had one of them pursue legal action against me, so...

the cctv footage however showed 4 of them ganging up on me, dragging me outside and beating me up / choking me out (i threw a chair at one of them when inside and laughed at him, told him he was a fat cunt and he couldnt catch me), and i got a lucky elbow in and split one of them pretty badly before i went down..... lol then he tried to sue me! i was charged with GBH (potential 5 year jail term)

the judge threw it out as soon as the footage came up. these guys are fucking faggots. if you pursue legal action you are a faggot too.

>put me in a headlock
>excessive force
I work in security. That isn't excessive force.

>but my faggot neck was brusied
>fucking triggered
cmon OP

They're not allowed to touch you unless they perceive that you are a harm to yourself or others.

However, a friend of mine is a law student who, once he discovered that bouncers could not actually use force, attempted to sue one for throwing him to the ground. It went absolutely nowhere because it's so hard to prove what is/isn't excessive force.

Bouncers are generally all bloodthirsty cunts who see it as an excuse to take their inadequacy out on drunk people and they've found themselves a perfect niche to do it in. Being a bouncer is basically the biggest red flag you can have as a person.

>Knowing that bouncers/security guards aren't legally allowed to do that

Go to any police office or lawyer in the land and you will be laughed out. Do you think bouncers should just politely ask people to leave?

>once he discovered that bouncers could not actually use force

they can't use anything that is deemed 'excessive force'

they are allowed to physically remove you.

Lmao. It's not hard to ask someone to leave. I willingly would have if he had asked me. Having posed no threat to others id prefer it if some manlet didn't come behind me and choke hold me and try to bring me to the ground with no warning. Law says what it says and having paid money to see the show and getting kicked out for zero reason leaves me a bit angry.

>im a punk from way back
you mean from the industrial revolution you fucking poser?

Rick Harris has put on some gains since his days at the pawn shop.

A faggot with money.

>Do I have the right to pursue legal actions / should I?
u got shoved, not shot in the fucking leg or curb stomped you whinny faggot, sounds like it hurt your feelings that you got manhandled.

Cuck

Yes, but that amount is almost always excessive. Only once have I ever seen someone asked to leave by a bouncer, every other time they're choking them out or throwing them to the floor with no reason to.

He violated your nap

Sell his family into slavery in the arsenic mines

welp, well this comment has it all

Bouncers seem to get a pass with very unprofessional conduct that actually trained law enforcement would never get away with. I think it has to do with the decidedly voluntary nature of going to a bar or music festival. Society seems to have a gentleman's agreement that everyone in there is a shithead and there are no rules so long as it doesn't spill outside.

Law degree here. Still put gains before brains though don't get me wrong.

OP go to police get it recorded as a crime. Call up the venue/organiser of event and get name the bouncer firm contracted. Call them up with a complaint and ask for bouncers ID number based on a description. Give that to police and let them run with it. Hopefully there will be some CCTV to back you up.

Why didnt you just fuck them up you soft little boy?

it's because they aren't fucking enforcing the law. they are there to protect the business and its persons

It's worth seeing if you can get any witnesses or a security tape of the incident. The only way you're going to get a payout without proof is by having other people testify to similar treatment, demostrating that it's a behaviour that's been repeated. Or if they're well aware their security team keeps doing this shit, it's possible they'd go out of court to prevent publicity and more law suits.

I would suggest hiring a lawyer just to check out if it's a viable case, then if the same security team or guard continues to do this (not unlikely) you have a better chance for getting a case later even of there's no evidence now. That all sounds v serious.

>chad
>female friend

nope

never return

This is pretty distressing to me. I've never had any problems with bouncers and known a few who were decent guys, but I live in Newfoundland, so that could be the difference.
It's a bit shitty that the guys who are supposed to make sure everybody is safe elsewhere aren't taking that job seriously.

>Do you think bouncers should just politely ask people to leave
Yes, in fact that's what they're supposed to do; use only as much force as is absolutely necessary.

If a bouncer just walks up to you and decks you/chokes you and it's on camera you basically don't have to work for the next five years.

This. Most lawyers don't charge for an initial consultation, so it doesn't cost a thing to go in, let them know the situation, and get an estimate.

I mean, you're a loser, so your opinion is invalid.

This. Someone puts their hands on me without cause I'm going to sue them for all I can.

>Someone puts their hands on me without cause
T. Rich baby who thinks he is untouchable and didnt deserve every punch for being a 100% cunt

t b h you probably have little recourse and need to move on with your life.

Been a Security guard for like 5 years
only once EVER seen a guard put someone in a headlock, dude was 40+ and we were hauling some /fraud/ baby out for fighting and he tried to headbutt us.

The job fucking sucks desu, either you ruin peoples fun or get yelled at by management for not doing your job. a good 70% of the time you are being a twat and you probably dont know about it because fucking bar staff feed you drinks when you cant even stand properly
OP the guard probably saw you pushing people around and thought you were going to get punched by chad if you kept it up. don't be such a victim liar.

>calling the organiser asking for sensitive information of one of the employees from their contracted partners
>"I'm getting a law degree"
nigga you dumb as fuck and want to play op like a fool

you sound like a millenial

welcome to the real world.

>a customer facing employees ID number is highly sensitive info

Just stalk the guy/find out his details and hammer him at the back of the head or something when he's alone.

don't let that cunt get the best of you.

Or at the very least find out where he lives and slash his tires and throw a brick at his window.

how new to the world are you my beauty baby boy?

you think you're going to just call a security firm and say "hey I got thrown out and I want the identity of all your guys on at [show]!"

you think .. that's going to work?

jesus you're beautiful.