Sprinter vs long distance body

Hey Veeky Forums, I know only a few of you are into HIIT sprinting, but do you guys think you can get a body like left with just HIIT sprinting? Or you also need to do some routine?

Also making this thread because there is no QTDDTOT, sorry for the thread that will get archived.

Thanks in advance, won't post until tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

medpagetoday.com/sportsmedicine/generalsportsmedicine/64191
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0271678X17691986
link.sprin
ajpheart.physiology.org/content/240/4/H511.short
circres.ahajournals.org/content/57/5/781.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15758856
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16847387
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/vol/146/pg/2377
annals.org/aim/article/686836/valsalva-maneuver-coronary-arterial-blood-flow-velocity-studies-man
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3980383
ajkd.org/article/S0272-6386(17)30536-X/fulltext
youtube.com/channel/UCQz-1_NvYCX0xWZUXq6yNIA/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nobody wants the body on the left.
it would be like fucking a stickbug
/thread

If you meant to say body like right then you have to realize they strength train to assist with their explosive energy. Bigger muscles can throw you forward much hard and faster, downside is that they burn through energy like crazy.

SHIT, was about to close the tab, I meant the right one.
Damn it, I fucked up big time.

Here, have a nice info for all of you guys, SORRY!

>with just HIIT sprinting?

Yes, if you're lucky with genetics.

My mom used to be a sprinter, ran national competitions, and she looked like that. But you need to put a lot of time in, and it's hard to find a place to practice sometimes. You could also try HIIT on a bike, same thing really. Good for thighs and ass.

Also another version if someone has bad vision.
>if you're lucky with genetics.
Alright, will take that in mind, thanks user.

Gotta sleep, I'm getting more stupid the more time I'm awake.

No. MWF do your HIIT and then add in 5/6mi recovery runs on Tuesday and Thursday. Take Saturday off and do a long run on Sunday (8 miles should be good).
It sounds like a lot but those 5mi recovery runs are going to seem like nothing after 2 weeks.

Anyone got a template to train sprints like C25K is for long distance?

Gotta go fast.

im curious about this too. i'd love to have some structure to my HIIT/Cardio.

Preferably something that could be done on a treadmill, too

t. American goy brainwashed by Jewish media to like huge asses

The patrician Euroasian taste is in thin HEALTHY women, and it doesn't get more healthy than a marathon runner

YES if you make your diet skelly mode, but why lose muscle mass?

>marathon runners
>healthy

Hardly.

If you arent trolling you are honestly stupid as all fuck.

thats not a "huge" ass, that's a fit ass, there's a difference

hmmm, really makes you think...

medpagetoday.com/sportsmedicine/generalsportsmedicine/64191

Very healthy.

sweet jesus

Coaches of young sprinters prioritize glute and hamstring development over speed work. Just sprinting will produce a better body than just long distance running, but optimal sprint training includes weight and resistance training.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0271678X17691986
>As a part of these integrated responses arterial blood pressure was markedly increased in our study, with mean peak systolic values maintained close to 200 mmHg for the duration of sprint exercise.
>The fast and marked changes in cardiac output and blood pressure during the sprint and the immediate recovery period challenge the regulation of brain circulation.

hypertensive brain damage sure is better :^)

would straight leg deadlifts for hamstrings, glute bridges for glutes (along with regular squats and deadlifts) be good, then? I also have power cleans and deep squat jumps as part of my workout

my
fucking
DICK

Those things are fine. For real competitive sprinters they do plenty of weird looking movements that most guys here would dismiss as meme exercises.

MORE PLEASE

Well then is there anywhere online that all of them are compiled? I really want to improve my sprints, ive been stalling a bit lately

Did you just pull up some random study you could find? Sprints aren't necessarily hypoxic, you idiot.

Where did I say anything about hypoxia, retard?

Some people strive to excel at their sport asshole. Not everything in live revolves around your ideal vanity fantasy body.

You might want to read the shit you're linking.

They took some data under hypoxic gas but that's irrelevant to my point. I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Marathon is excess. Middle distance is patrician (800m, 1500m, 3kStpl, 5k). Combination of endurance with just a splash of power. I ran track and XC in college. The sprinter girls all got fat after college. The mid-d girls all moved up to 5k on the roads, and have kids and husbands and normal lives. The long distance girls all moved up to the marathon, and that is their life outside of work. These are general trends, but they hold pretty true.

Oh, I get it, you tried to imply some kind of damage that wasn't actually part of the research. A challenge doesn't mean there's actual damage, especially in such a time period. I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Also if you were to look for LISS cardio data, you would also find similar challenges.

Dk

SBP over 180 mmHg is classified as a hypertensive emergency. Why wouldn't it be damaging? There are case reports all over the literature of aortic dissection in powerfatties from similar acute elevations so unlikely it's meaningless.

>Also if you were to look for LISS cardio data, you would also find similar challenges.
Reference?

The body on the left is only extreme top level marathon runners. In highschool all of the cross country girls had amazing bodies.

>hypertensive emergency
Yeah, in people with hypertension, not in people exercising and making breaks in between. You know what a peak is, right? Even acute elevations are much different than that.

>Why wouldn't it be damaging
If you want to find out stuff like that, make a fucking study. You can't just assume shit like that, that's not how the scientific method works, nigga.

>There are case reports all over the literature of aortic dissection in powerfatties
Fatties have tons of other issues that play into that, though. They aren't healthy people that have a quick elevation. If blood pressure was such a big issue, people using valsalva would be dropping like flies, but they don't.

>Reference?
Can't find anything right now, I might be wrong. I didn't find anything contrary either, though.

>Yeah, in people with hypertension, not in people exercising and making breaks in between. Y
You mean chronic hypertension? If you agree the hemodynamics are sufficient to inflict damage it's just a matter of magnitude.

>You know what a peak is, right? Even acute elevations are much different than that.
Mean SBP was 200mmHg during the sprint

>If you want to find out stuff like that, make a fucking study. You can't just assume shit like that, that's not how the scientific method works, nigga.
Lots of experimental work showing injury in the context of transient elevations eg

link.sprin
ger.com/chapter/10.1
007/978-1-4684-3264-0_38

ajpheart.physiology.org/content/240/4/H511.short

circres.ahajournals.org/content/57/5/781.short

You can't just anti-scientifically reject it.

>Fatties have tons of other issues that play into that, though. They aren't healthy people that have a quick elevation.
You must be new here. It's a derogatory term for powerlifters. Not in reference to fat people.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15758856
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16847387

>If blood pressure was such a big issue, people using valsalva would be dropping like flies, but they don't.
Bedpan death. Happens all the time.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/vol/146/pg/2377
annals.org/aim/article/686836/valsalva-maneuver-coronary-arterial-blood-flow-velocity-studies-man

>Can't find anything right now, I might be wrong. I didn't find anything contrary either, though.
To my knowledge, BP elevation is proportional to the degree of energy demand at a given point in time.

MOARRR

I have a big folder (4 me)

Why would sprinters not be considered as healthy? I don't understand this. Sprinters are purposefully exerting more of their energy out at once, while a marathon runner is deliberately reserving it. The sprinter can easily run like a marathon runner, the only draw back being that they will likely weigh more so they wont last as long.

wtf I love Slovenia now

Your blood pressure can hit 400/350 no problem during a max effort squat, yet you don't see guys stroking out every time they lift a weight

I got you, my dude

>tfw made a 30 minute mp3 of Emi's running noise to jog along to

400/350 what? I watched someone die in front of me after hitting 198/205. The blood vessels in the brain fucking exploded.

Distance running is a whole different style of running and you want small dense muscles so it take a little energy per step as possible where as sprinting is more about maximizing the thrust of each step which benefits from meatier muscle tissue

Bruh my mum weighed around 175 at 5'6 and ran marathons in under 4 hours, marathon bodies don't look like that 75% of the time, you just have to work up to it right.

you don't get the sprinter body by sprinting. they eat and lift to be more muscular which helps in sprinting which requires muscle explosiveness for a short period of time at basically max potency.

I'm sorry dude but you totally killed your argument there. I went in at 175/150 one time and they put me on watch for a stroke. Your circulatory system isn't made of steel nor rubber despite the allegories you might have made while staring at a lawnmower engine, your shirt bursts at the slightest pinch and over pressure like a fucking bike tube homie.

>Yeah, in people with hypertension, not in people exercising and making breaks in between. You know what a peak is, right? Even acute elevations are much different than that
There is significant concern in the literature over people with 200+mmHg sys during exercise because it's probably the reason why certain people randomly drop dead of an embolism or stroke etc during exercise.

It's apparently something genetic, the major arteries don't enlarge or something in response to increased bloodflow from exercise. Whether they have generally low blood pressure doesn't change shit tho.

You don't see marathoners dying of kidney failure either? There's damage but it gets repaired before becoming problematic in most cases.

Since this is the best running thread I've seen here:

Any advice on dropping my 3 mile time from 30min to 18min?

Aiming to be around 18min in about a year to apply for Marine corps OCS

Fartlek and getting miles in.

Thanks.

Any recommendations on how to do fartleks? Or do I just play it by ear?

Run 40+ miles per week.

Good luck on OCS, I'm a former Marine Officer, OCS is a fucking ass kicker

40+ holy shit. Good on you.

I'm going for JAG, which I hear is insanely competitive and I'd need an age waiver if I don't apply before next summer. Aiming for that 300 PFT to make up for my age and beat the other JAG hopefuls.

Have fun with it. You should also try mixing your distances, so do 2 or 3 mile runs with a break in between at a faster pace.

Dont like over half of marathon runners end up having kidney pain from the training?

very healthy

hnnnnnng

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow morning.

Do they? Any sources to back this up?

that cameraman with the blatant zoom

Doing God's work

>jag

Why have a 300 PFT if you're just gonna be sitting at a desk all day?

>Systolic and diastolic blood pressures rose rapidly to extremely high values during the concentric contraction phase for each lift and declined with the eccentric contraction. The greatest peak pressures occurred during the double-leg press where the mean value for the group was 320/250 mmHg, with pressures in one subject exceeding 480/350 mmHg.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3980383

Competitive as fuck to get in. Was reading that the only people accepted were above 285. Marine corps JAGs are apparently considered officers first, attorneys second, unlike the other branches. Army, Navy, Air Force don't have nearly as high physical standards are Marines for their JAG program.

And like the former officer above said, OCS is tough.

First off, I do not know how gifted you are I consider myself average and I could run 5k in 25 mins with a couple of months of work put in while being overweight after a lifetime of being a sedentary fuck. There are training schedules on runners world(costs money) but the first rule of running faster on a set distance is to take longer slower runs every week while also running your set distance and having a good weekly mileage. Also 18mins is fucking good time for a casual human, hell 20 mins is a very good time too. It will require serious work to break 18 mins. Good luck!

dont listen to this idiot.

Sprinters do weightlift. it's part of their training. They build up their upper body muscles to help them balance and stabilize when they sprint at extreme speeds. Sprinting is a full body exercise, and it requires full body training.

Then why did Europe rape Africa as hard as it did?

The ass of Africa drove wild people insane.

ajkd.org/article/S0272-6386(17)30536-X/fulltext

Not so gifted when it comes to running. I'm tall and overweight, which doesn't help, but I figure if I keep at it my legs will get stronger, I'll shed pounds, and it will get easier.

Yeah, 18min seems insane, but I basically just got off the couch last week and did it in 30min, so hopefully I can make it.

What do you think for the longer runs? 10k?

I'm pretty sure the cameraman is in the crowd
he has a whole youtube channel where he basically zooms in on long jumpers' asses

>the olympics are fuckfests for athletes
>you will never take part in them

wtf I also love Slovenia now

link to the channel?

Why are you bringing this meme back.

Name of this literal seed steed?

wtf i love ireland now

It's Istanbul, not Constantinople.

i appreciate that but i was hoping for something more sprint focused. thanks though

I would say, unless you are elite level, or aiming to actually win tough distance races, that technique is absolutely the king when it comes to distance running.

If you have mechanical analysis of your running done by coaches and have it adjusted people often see performance increases that are pretty astounding.

Once you get past basic fitness level, you should be able to run all day with the only limiting factors being energy in your muscles, hydration, and wear and tear on muscles/tendons/joints/feet.
Those people look like sticks because they are optimizing to win races, not because all people who run big distance are sticks.

Do a couple of speedwork sessions a week and also longer slower runs. On your long runs make sure you keep an easy pace where you would be able to easily converse with someone. Also, make sure you recover well. Take an easy day if you really feel that you need one. Not all your sessions should be fast and hard. It's better to be slightly undertrained than over injured. Hill work is also good even if you only race on flat surfaces. 10 times up and down a hill will do wonders for your times.

A good session to do a couple of weeks before you plan on attempting a sub 18 3 mile (or sub any time) is to do 3x 1 mile at your 3 mile pace with 4 mins easy jog inbetween. If you can do each mile at 6:00 pace with the jog inbetween then you should be able to do the whole 3 miles in 18 minutes.

I went from being a fat bastard to running an 18:43 5k at a race on Christmas Eve last year doing this and am hoping to break 18 for 5k, 38 for 10k and 1:25 for HM this year.

>not long distance sprinting

youtube.com/channel/UCQz-1_NvYCX0xWZUXq6yNIA/videos

noice