Think about going vegan

>think about going vegan
>try to meet your daily macros in myfitnesspal using vegan food
>literally impossible to do that, carbs everywhere
>try to calculate cost of vegan food per month
>soy "meat" is two times more expensive than real meat
>soy milk is 5 times more expensive than regular cow milk
>anything that is considered "vegan" is at least 2-3 times more expensive than regular non vegan thing
>eat lots of vegetables in past 2 months due to cutting
>feel like shit every day
>stomach aches and gas all day
>feeling sick every night because veggies add a lot of volume and it always hits you before going to bed
im justiefied for not being vegan

Other urls found in this thread:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/40532228/
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/40219821/#40223110
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just go vegetarian then. Solves most of those problems.

>>think about going vegan
Great!
>>try to meet your daily macros in myfitnesspal using vegan food
>>literally impossible to do that, carbs everywhere
1) Tofu, tempeh, tvp, nuts, legumes, dark greens. Unless you have set something ridiculous like 50% kcal from protein it's achievable. Not "literally impossible"
2) most people here consume whey shakes, right? Well just make a pea protein shake. Adjust taste with no kcal sweeteners, berries (low kcal), cocoa, cinnamon
>>try to calculate cost of vegan food per month
>>soy "meat" is two times more expensive than real meat
True
>>soy milk is 5 times more expensive than regular cow milk
True
>>anything that is considered "vegan" is at least 2-3 times more expensive than regular non vegan thing
So like vegan rice, potatoes and beans are 2-3 times more expensive than non vegan rice, potatoes and beans? How does that work?
>>eat lots of vegetables in past 2 months due to cutting
Great!
>>feel like shit every day
Low kcal diets do that, meat or not.
>>stomach aches and gas all day
Stop eating food past it's expiration date
>>feeling sick every night because veggies add a lot of volume and it always hits you before going to bed
Then eat less veggies and more grains, nuts and legumes?
>im justiefied for not being vegan
You are entitled to eating whatever you want and the law allows it, but it's not "justified"

It was really easy to switch once I discovered tempeh, seitan and pea/rice protein blends.
250p
300c
80f
On my current cut

>most people here consume whey shakes, right?
wrong, never had protein shake in my life and never will

i said anything considered "VEGAN" you dumb cunt. Which means procuts that are replacing non vegan products

>Low kcal diets do that
i mean im feeling like shit due to stomach problems after eating a lot of vegetables

>Stop eating food past it's expiration date
you should stop being a retard

Sounds like you fell for the Whole Foods meme. You can make your own gluten protein, and maybe add chickpea flour to make it a complete protein, just get "wheat germ." 1.89L of fortified plant milk here is like 3.77 at a normal grocery store, 4.50 if you buy from WF. I wouldn't recommend going "vegan" from the outset to anyone, in fact you sound like a strict vegetarian. Grains and legumes are cheap (again, don't fall for the overpriced WF meme). There are plenty of vegan/veggie athlete blogs with recipes. Hope you adjust your diet and it works for you, user.

>>most people here consume whey shakes, right?
>wrong, never had protein shake in my life and never will

> Wah wah it's unpossible
> Here is a possible solution
> Never

>i said anything considered "VEGAN" you dumb cunt. Which means procuts that are replacing non vegan products
Rice is considered vegan, so are potatoes and beans. You probably meant imitation animal products.

The point is that vegan diets can be the cheapest by far.

>>Low kcal diets do that
>i mean im feeling like shit due to stomach problems after eating a lot of vegetables
Then eat less vegetables and more calorie dense foods, what is so hard to understand

>>Stop eating food past it's expiration date
>you should stop being a retard
You should stop breathing

What the fuck is lentils, beans, seeds and nuts?
You can not blame the diet, only yourself.

>250p
Unless you're roiding then wew lad

I tried being vegan while bulking for about a month. Constantly bloated always farting never hungry always eating it was the worst month of my life

shut up twink dyel

>I am most people here

Not OP. You are wrong. Vegan diet is retarded for lifters.

>mfw americans eat so few vegetables the mere thought of eating more gives them stomach cramps

Please explain why.

Im not a vegan and dont really care if you are either, but you have to realise that these are all basically the same excuses fat tumblr queen welfare queens give for why they eat mcdonals for every meal

>its too expensive. this orgamic super letuce I bought from whole foods cost $40000
>its not actually healthy. my double cheeseburger has more nutrients
>I dont like it. it makes me feel bad

Either it is too expensive or you lose gains. All in all, even if it is cheap in your country, it is not practical for an athlete to limit his meal possibilities

"It's too expensive" is a stupid argument of course if you go to Whole Foods and try to buy nothing but organic non-GMO bullshit it'll cost you an arm and a leg. You can shop vegan at a regular grocery store if you're not a stuck up cunt about it. But if you were reasonable in the first place you'd just be a vegetarian or cut out red meat

>try to meet your daily macros in myfitnesspal using vegan food
You probably think you need more protein than you actually do, 1g/kg is more than enough
>soy "meat" is two times more expensive than real meat
You don't need fake meats, for protein focus on beans and lentils instead
>soy milk is 5 times more expensive than regular cow milk
Then don't buy it, it's basically just flavored water anyway.
>anything that is considered "vegan" is at least 2-3 times more expensive than regular non vegan thing
Don't buy "vegan" food, it's a meme, just buy normal food that has no animal products in it like fruits, vegetables, grains etc.
>stomach aches and gas all day
this will pass after your body adjusts, usually takes about a month or so

>1g/kg is more than enough
is this true?
post body

1.5 year vegan crew here. My stomach was completely fucked up when I started. I had bought the paleo meme before. I had insane gas whenever I ate any fibrous food. took absolutely ages but now i can eat any amount of vegetables that i want no problem. Turns out its your gut bacteria get fucked up by lack of fibre so it takes a while to adjust.

As for protein, don't buy the meme. If Clarence Kennedy doesn't track protein on a vegan diet you don't have to either.

R E K T

>Either it is too expensive or you lose gains.

Beans, rice, potatoes and oats are the cheapest foods you can get, wherever you live, per kcal or g of protein. Eggs and whole chicken don't even come close.

>All in all, even if it is cheap in your country, it is not practical for an athlete to limit his meal possibilities

Not practical ≠ retarded.

Also, one could argue that cutting yourself off meat forces you to look for recipes other than CRB with hotsauce.

that's a stupid analogy. someone losing weight doesn't give shit about macros. It's as simple as eat less.

Someone looking to bulk though has to bee more macro conscious. They can't just eat rice, plants, and beans (which is the cheapest fucking food you can get that is healthy, so landwhales on tumblr have no excuse)

>paleo
>lack of fibre
you were doing it wrong

Except this is literally the opposite of what is right

it's very easy to get all your macros on a bulk because you're eating so much, unless you're literally avoiding meat. Meanwhile if you're cutting you can become deficient very quickly(yes, protein, omega3, etc. are still important even if you're not building muscle)

>not doing intermittent fasting, eating yogurt, eating sauerkraut, and eating or drinking prunes to give yourself the healthiest gut possible

wew lads. enjoy your stomach, rectal, and bowel cancer

Enjoy your fucked up digestion due to a overload of toxins which are found in most grains and soy.

youre literally proving my analogy right tho. my point was that fat people dont understand a) what foods are available and b) what foods they need. or anything about nutrition really

theyre are plenty of other high calorie/protein vegan foods. not just "rice, plants, and beans"

its literally easier to hit macro goals on a bulk than it is a cut, so I dont know what you mean by having to be more macro conscious

rice and beans are also amazing sources of protein/calories and you could definitely can bulk with them as a staple. I weigh 90kg, eat 4500+ calories a day, and get more than enough protein and rice makes up a huge part of my diet

Im not a vegan and Im not looking to force you or anyone else into being one, but saying that its not viable with some thought is dumb and ignorant

>i mean im feeling like shit due to stomach problems after eating a lot of vegetables

That is because of naturally occuring toxins in plants, grains etc. Like phytic acid, gluten etc.
Normally the dose is low and doesn't hurt a healthy human. However it can adopt to it to some degree. But if you get to much of that shit you can develop allergies and feel like shit. So be careful.

So much broscience. Legumes are one of the most healthy things you can eat. I used to be a hypochondriac muh gluten muh phytic acid fag too. Turns out I was not eating ENOUGH plant foods. My gut microbiome was just fucked up.

Keto is cheaper, better tasting, and healthier than being vegan.

Go keto. Eat meat all day. Veganism is for women and tree-hugging liberals.

>afraid of vegetables

vegan
water. leafy greens. grains. fruit. vegetables. legumes. exercise. die.

Modern Grains and soy =/= vegetables

>theyre are plenty of other high calorie/protein vegan foods
Genuinely curious

> nuts and dark greens are a good protein source

I hate this vegan meme so fucking much

gotta consider that vegetable protein is worsely absorbed by the body

Clarence is a successful weightlifter because he uses steroids, not because of the vegan diet. He is successful despite the vegan diet he has lol.

Vegans are deficit in b12:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

High fiber diets reduce serum half life of vitamin D3:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928

Vegans are deficient in taurine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full

Vegans have a lower sperm count than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/

Vegans have lower testosterone than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

Veganism causes loss of libido and erectile dysfunction:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476

Children who are raised on strict vegan diets do not grow normally:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079

Children develop rickets after prolonged periods of strict vegetarian diets:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf

"There are some links between vegetarians and lower birthweight and earlier labour"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369

Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/

"Particular attention should be paid to adequate protein intake and sources of essential fatty acids, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins B12 and D. Supplementation may be required in cases of strict vegetarian diets with no intake of any animal products."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/

These next five are case studies:

Cerebral atrophy in a vitamin B12-deficient infant of a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673

Severe megaloblastic anemia in child breast fed by a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642

Consequences of exclusive breast-feeding in vegan mother newborn - case report:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244

Nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in a breast-fed infant of a vegan-diet mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463

"We report the case of a 7 month-old girl that presented with acute anemia, generalized muscular hypotonia and failure to thrive. Laboratory evaluation revealed cobalamin deficiency, due to a vegan diet of the mother."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883

Peanuts have 27% protein per weight, as much as meat, great for bulking

Kale has 9g protein per 100 kcal, that's as good as an egg except kale is filling as fuck and helps with cutting

You can be as angry as you want, that doesn't make you right.

You've been proven wrong time and time again.
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/40532228/
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/40219821/#40223110

Well, maybe not exactly proven wrong in all cases. But it is a lot of bullshit, which partially doesn't even has anything to do with vegan/vegetarian diets.

I made a claim and supported it with scientific studies.

Saying "no I don't believe you, etc" doesn't invalidate the results of the studies.

>I made a claim that squirrels have no tails and supported it with a scientific study that concluded that humans have no tails, another that concluded that squirrels don't have tails if you chop them off, another that had a sample size of 1 squirrel and the last one that says that squirrels sleep on trees

>Saying "no I don't believe you, etc" doesn't invalidate the results of the studies

If you legitimately believe that I did something similar to what you just claimed, then prove it.

Point what and how I did that and don't forget to include scientific evidence that back up your claims. You won't though, because you can't

oh shit...I laughed so hard my dog dropped her toy and left the room with a worried look on it's face.

I feel for you. I went vegan for a year because I bought into the health propaganda and the "meat is bad for you" scam.
Once the initial "OMG I feel amazing" confirmation bias wore off after a couple of months I spent the rest of the year feeling like I was always running on empty and the day-to-day grind only seemed to get even more taxing on my body.
At the start I gained fat because I consumed a lot of carbs just to propel me through the day. I made some adjustments and lost the fat but it felt like I had no physical strength and everything I did due to sheer willpower.
I was always farting and belching from so much God-damned gas and every burp tasted like supplements, which would make me gag. I became emotionally unstable where little everyday annoyances infuriated me and I would actually cry when I was alone for no reason other than I felt like crying.
I would seek help online from forums and dietary journal articles - the online vegan community rhetoric was always along the lines of "you must be doing it wrong" even though every vegan posted wildly different diets, each you would try to follow whenever you hit a dead end and still got nowhere.
Anyway, at the end of the stretch I had a cold for six weeks. I just couldn't shake it. My Mum got the shits and brought over a pot of her beef stew and force-fed it to me like a fucking child. I won't say it 'cured' my cold because after six weeks I was bound to have regressed to the norm (SEE confirmation bias) but I was a different person overnight. I was my old self again. My body was still weak but I felt like I had the strength to recuperate and after a month I felt as if I had never even been vegan.

I tried. I didn't fail - I'm just not going to live my life feeling like I want to hurry up and die.

Sounds pretty similar to my experience. I tried to see if veganism was really that good/bad, so I ended up going vegan for three months.

After a month I was depressed and had zero energy all the time and had to jack myself up on caffeine to go to the gym and be able to do anything. My recovery suffered and took forever to recover from each gym session.

I lost a lot of strength as well and my dick wasn't able to get 100% hard, I didn't get a blood test done, but I would definitely guess that veganism caused my testosterone to drop a lot.

So after I finished the three months I quit and went back to a normal diet and fully recovered back to normal.

The worse thing about our two personal accounts here is that the vegans in this thread will completely ignore what we have to say, accuse us of "not being real vegans", or accuse us of lying, etc.

I'm fairly sure that there are no real vegans on this board and that all the vegan threads are started by trolls that aren't vegans or are "vegans" who get drunk on the weekend and order pizza and eat steak.

Lentils and beans retard. Those are great even when not doing vegan memes as a cheap source of protein and fiber

Did you use cronometer or mfp?

This was back when I was 23, user, around 2002. Before Veeky Forums. Before Veeky Forums, probably. We had diet plans with checkboxes that we would print out and keep in a little diary and tally up our estimated kilo joule intake, exercise outtake, vitamins, minerals, and different proteins.

What a time to be alive.

I think it's fucking dumb to suddenly just go full vegan. You are supposed to do it slowly. Start replacing single food items with vegan shit, one by one. Do it this way, slowly and maybe one day you notice oh shit I've been vegan for a month. Don't do this new year resolution tier epic lifestyle makeover bullshit, real life isn't reality tv.

>first link is about 2 meat eating women showing b12 deficiency symptoms

Did you even read these studies?

any diet that relies on supplements like "pea protein" is unsustainable and stupid

>vegan
>low carb
Why.jpg

But yeah, veganism is unhealthy.

>But yeah, veganism is unhealthy.

Just because you think vegans are annoying doesn't mean the diet isn't good.

The second half sounds like you're trying to justify not eating vegetables

>they hurt my tummy, I can't eat them :(

You're like that fat lady that gagged at a brussel sprout and cried so she didn't have to eat it

>Relies on pea protein

Either you can't read, or you shitpost for the sake of shitposting

Each and every study you posted was addressed in the previous threads linked in , along with an explanation on why it is not an argument against veganism.

Yes

Me:
>claim
>studies proving claim

Vegans:
>No

Doesn't work that way. I've yet to see any scientific studies done disproving mine

I don't know why you got so fucked up by being vegan, I've been vegan for a year now and I feel great. My immune system improved and I rarely get sick anymore. I'm not going to lie and say I feel way better than I when I wasn't vegan, I feel generally the same because I was already eating healthy before. But my shits did improve, they come out nice and smooth now.

Obviously you guys fucked up somewhere, probably didn't eat enough

eat lentils, probably about the equivalent of 2 cups dry per day.

100kcal kale is close to a kilo of greens you retarded herbivore. An egg is 44g

peanuts have 27% protein per 100g, true, but that's only 18% of their calories. by the same metric, flank steak is 58% protein

You took both completely out of context. PB was used to give an example of calorie dense food, to help with bulking. Context: calories.
Kale was used to give an example of a food that is great for cutting and has an amazing ratio of macros (not "just carbs lol") and huge amount of micros. Context: satiation

fair enough. but both are trumpeted as 'just as good as meat' as a protein source, which is blatantly untrue

You're retarded. Rice, potatoes, and pasta are cheap as hell.

>is this true?

It really needs to be required that you do the least bit of research before posting here.

Just eat seitan or tofu then if you want something strictly similar to meat. Tofu is 50g protein/100g (HIGHER than meat) while seitan is about 80% kcal from protein (as high as meat)

I see you don't post body, so you belong to the 85% of Veeky Forums that hasn't lifted for 0-2 years.