ITT: losing fat general

>fell for the 10k calories bulk meme
>built a lot of muscle but a lot of fat
>5'8" and fucking 200 lbs!!
>counted calories to make sure i'm at a caloric deficit
>weight goes down but bf% is stuck at 21%
>roommates step on the scale and have like 8% bf
>i know tthe scale isn't perfectly accurate, but it is precise because rooommates are realistically ~10% bf
>that means i'm probably really like 23%

should i just consume adderall and stick to a diet of meats? what should my macro breakdown be? i jsut want to lose fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763382/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080383/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826507/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>10 000 calorie bulk
nigger what the fuck

>10k calory "bulk"
>diet of meats to lose weight
You sound really stupid. The kind of stupid you know is really widespread but most know how to not make it immediately known.

Anyway ignore macros for now, eat clean and at a moderate deficit while continuing to exercise. If you are "stuck" at 21% bf you're counting wrong.

>implying meat isn't the best food for losing fat

You want to lose weight, feel better and be healthier? Don't eat tons of meat. It's way better to lose weight a bit more slowly and not fuck up your cholesterol/blood pressure etc.

except a ketogenic diet improves all those things

stop believing the ((((experts))))

>10k bulk
I know it's stupid now as all you need is a 500cal surplus, but i saw Frank Yang did it and I wanted gainz.

>diet of meats
why is this a bad idea? i want to increase the percentage of protein and decrease the percentage of carbs i consume.

thank you!!

can you give me a no bs argument for ketogenic diet.

>i want to increase the percentage of protein and decrease the percentage of carbs i consume.
Not how fat loss works. Even if you eventually get to 10% bf your heart, arteries, maybe even liver and other organs will be permanently damaged.

xD

Go follow authoritynutrition or some other site, but don't complain when you get CVD and a stroke at 40.

'8" and fucking 200 lbs!!
i'm 6'4" and 198 lbs lol

good luck

eat this during the day
>500g of chicken, grilled with little to no oil
>300g of rice
>75g of peanut butter
>1tbsp of olive oil
>as much as you want of brocoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cabbage and carrots grilled with a little soy sauce

>Even if you eventually get to 10% bf your heart, arteries, maybe even liver and other organs will be permanently damaged.
Do you realize how much meat you would have to eat for this to happen? DYEL

No no no.

Do YOU realise how LITTLE meat and dairy you need for that to happen? Like if you eat 2 eggs and some chicken every day your risk skyrockets. Add some butter for roasting etc, maybe fast food once per week and some milk and you are likely to have health problems early.

Throw that tinfoil hat away and trust in science/nutrition experts instead of some stuff you read online.

Mate... If you are really this fucking stupid then the truth is you are probably over 30% bodyfat and Im not even exaggerating. Bro... 5'8 and 200lbs? Jesus christ you should weigh like 150lbs ripped because I highly doubt you gained that much muscle mass.

And what comes to scale it's absolutely garbage. Why do you think the scale can guess what your bodyfat is??? It doesn't fucking know what is muscle and what is not and just because it could exactly "guess" your roommates bf by ~2% doesn't mean the margin is same for you.

>2 eggs, a chicken breast, and some milk
>health problems
And I'm the one with a tinfoil hat on. You have issues brah
IIFYM master race

>Throw that tinfoil hat away and trust in science/nutrition experts instead of some stuff you read online.
now its your turn to do it LOL
eating lean meat is good for you, of course you're not eating ribs or ribeye everyday, i eat at least 700g of meat or chicken everyday for the past 6 years and my cholesterol is good, my blood pressure is good, my heart is pumping just fine, and i'm 196lbs 10%bf, stay dyel vegan faggot

>Even if you eventually get to 10% bf your heart, arteries, maybe even liver and other organs will be permanently damaged.
>Protein is bad for you!
>Fat is bad for you!
Thank you for the science, mom. No source required.

Keep meming, enjoy your CVD.

>eating lean meat is good for you
No it isn't. You don't need meat, period. Lean meat is overall fine and a good source of protein (also it's delicious if cooked right) but less healthy than the plant equivalents. The rest of your post is just some irrelevant anectodal shit. You'd need a full haemanalysis to talk about your data and maybe you just got good genes, it doesn't matter. Come back when you have a comprehensive study.

>>Protein is bad for you!
>>Fat is bad for you!
Are you illiterate?

go eat a carrot u cow

>have legit body dysmorphia which is 100% down to gymceling and spending time on fitness/looksmaxxing forums
>genuinely don't where I am between 10% and 20% bodyfat from judging it against pictures online
>too high inhibition to post pics online to get judgements, BDD also means I hate taking pictures of myself
>dieted successfully since the start of this year and dropped 10kg natty
>currently planning to do 3 weeks of 250mg DNP ED to see what the fuck happens
>will probably still worry that I'm too fat even though I noticed a difference in how girls act around me a month or so ago which usually happens somewhere around the 15% bodyfat mark
>don't want to ever be in a caloric surplus again without using AAS
>hate my skinny arms
>hate my narrow shoulders
>hate how soft my midsection is
>whenever I eat anything slightly dirty or that takes me above my daily calorie goal I feel horrible and overcompensate with exercising and eating less the next day
how can I go back to normiemode and being happy with losing 1 or 2kg after months of eating a salad for lunch a few days a week and running occasionally?

>Lean meat is overall fine and a good source of protein (also it's delicious if cooked right) but less healthy than the plant equivalents
tell me which pland equivalent should i eat to get 30g of protein, 8 grams of fat and 0g of carbs with 100g of food and i'll turn vegan on the spot, i love salad, veggies, grains, legumes and shit but the only problem with plant based protein is the volume, i'd have to eat a fuck load of food to reach my macros, and no, i don't have good genes, but i workout for 8 years and i eat a protein rich diet for 6 years.

There is no plant food that would fit those ratios, it doesn't make sense to talk about 0 carbs. The mentioned legumes are great protein sources, especially beans and lentils (some have up to 30g protein per 100g) and they're way healthier than any meat could ever be.

Not even saying you should turn vegan, I'm not even a vegetarian myself but the quantity of protein is definitely not a problem with such a diet (and the quality is infinitely better). If you want to continue eating a lot of lean meat at least make sure it's good and not full of hormones and sodium.

i am not saying that i gained 50lbs of muscle. a lot of it is fat. but i probably gained 15-25lbs of muscle in the 8 years that i've spent lifting.

two years ago i was 175lbs with 12-14% bf. of course this number for bf% is never perfectly accurate, but there's a definite difference in how fat i am now compared to two years ago.

for instance, here are my stats as of now (was higher when i was bulking), all for 5 reps:
>squat - 365lbs
>deadlift - 400lbs
>OHP - 135lbs
>bench - 210lbs

>meat is bad
i don't really eat much meat anyway. most of my protein comes from beans and eggs. i also like oysters, and sardines. i also fuck with quinoa.

yeah bruh, that's a good height and weight. it's funny because i live with a skinny kid who doesn't lift who's 5'9" and 123 lbs.

--

should i just get clen or something? i want to cut down before spring.

yeah run clen for 2 weeks then ECA for 2 weeks then repeat until done
take some potassium and taurine on clen to prevent cramps and start out at 20mg or 40mg and up it 20mg whenever you feel like you need to but never go above 140mg

>how can I go back to normiemode and being happy with losing 1 or 2kg after months of eating a salad for lunch a few days a week and running occasionally?
You mean being happy with failure?

vegan fag go away please

Keto diet is the only diet for losing fat and maintaining muscle. You can eat it for the rest of your life, too.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

Fuck that vegan retard.

tl;dr
>The level of total cholesterol decreased from week 1 to week 24. HDL cholesterol levels significantly increased, whereas LDL cholesterol levels significantly decreased after treatment. The level of triglycerides decreased significantly following 24 weeks of treatment. The level of blood glucose significantly decreased. The changes in the level of urea and creatinine were not statistically significant.

>>fell for the 10k calories bulk meme

IS this a thing?

> implying not eating isnt the best food for losing weight

>not eating
>eating meat

It's all keto, boys. Come on in, the water's fine.

nah im not some sorta sub 100 IQ weirdo who needs to subscribe to a niche diet in order to achieve weight loss

i just eat a balanced diet and reduce calories

but you go have with your vegans, paleofags, and ketofags.

>Keto
>Niche
>Sub 100

There's so many studies proving it's effectiveness you're a retard for not subscribing to it.

But hey, continue to lift your ass off only to lose a pound or two a month while half of that is muscle. It's your body and your time. Waste it however you want. I guess your cheeseburgers are too good to give up.

there's also "so many studies" showing the best diet is one that incorporates all macro nutrients in moderation, and that going too far in either direction has worse outcomes.

get blasted turd farter.

>get blasted turd farter.
Pic related.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

oh shit are we just posting random studies?

LETS ROCK NIGA I GOT GOOGLE SCHOLAR ON BOOKMARK NIGA IM READY 2 DIE TONIGHT

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763382/

Yes, being on a calorie-restricted diet makes you lose weight.

Great, you're a fucking scientist now.

But none of those diets are ketogenic. So you're literally building up a strawman and knocking him down and declaring victory.

Congratulations, you've managed to achieve the arguing abilities of a 14 year old with a dick up his ass about how intelligent he perceives himself to be.

The lowest carb level was 35% of the diet, which at lets just say 1500 calories, puts the carb count over 130g of carbs. Which is not only out of keto territory, it's also out of low-carb territory.

Try again.

Prove me wrong, user. Unlike you I'm willing to listen to facts if others can present them. Do it, I want you to.

you mean that study you posted which literally said nothing other than hey this diet does actually cause weight loss?

i mean ur studies aim is literally

> To determine the effects of a 24-week ketogenic diet (consisting of 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g/kg body weight protein, 20% saturated fat, and 80% polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat) in obese patients.

their conclusion was this

> The weight and body mass index of the patients decreased significantly (P The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.

i'm assuming your sub 100 iq so I'll basically just let you know the author only concluded that it is a safe diet and does as its advertised

i've never seen intellectual projection much like this.

>grill chicken in no oil
vs.
>.eat 1T of olive oil and 75g of peanut butter.

seems logical.

man, im a vegetarian and even I know lean meat is good for you, just because I dont eat it doesn't mean im going to dismiss it as good source of nutrients.

Not him, but there are studies showing a ketogenic diet may reduce damage done by high-carb diets.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080383/

I mean, can your diet do that?

>i'm assuming your sub 100 iq so I'll basically just let you know the author only concluded that it is a safe diet and does as its advertised

And on that day, as a scrub on Veeky Forums with a dick in his ass about how right he is tells me I'm stupid, not a single correct piece of grammar was typed.

Funny how the stupidest people are the fastest to call others stupid. What's the saying? Pot calling the kettle black?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826507/

Your turn, but since you're "ready 2 die tonight" I guess you already have a retort?

One study, never replicated or heard from again. Conducted in mice.

Flies in contrast to the diabetic association's recommendation & flies in contrast to all medical dietary recommendations for diabetic nephropathy.

Seems conclusive.

Doesn't every doctor who has a patient with diabetes immediately recommend they stop eating so many carbs??

I'm confused how you're against this. Can't you just open your eyes? I know you're obsessed with boiled chicken and oats as per the Veeky Forums collective conscience, but don't you ever think "hmm maybe I'm wrong?"

What are you even trying to argue? You're just sidestepping now.

If your point is that keto is better for weight loss than we know conclusively from meta-analysis dietary macro composition does not significantly impact weight loss in the long term.

If your point is that it improves health markers then sure, so does fasting, so does vegan, so does paleo.

Everyone is arguing their diet improves markers of health.

If you wanna jerk your cock off about how it improved LDL then I hate to break it to you but all diets that result in weight loss and promote 'healthy eating' will result in improved LDL & biomarkers.

All diets improve blood glucose and insulin sensitivity because again, all diets involve less meal frequency, calorie restriction, and weight loss.

In regards to potential 'cancer curing' properties, it remains unforeseen.

You've blown your load prematurely with this article, as nearly everything in it -- even to the author's admission - is theoretical and causative links remain unforeseen.

No, the AMAs position is to eat a healthy & balanced diet including carbohydrates and proteins. This runs in parallel to the Diabetic Association which also gives the same advice.

No doctor is putting their patient on a "ketogenic diet" to treat diabetes. No doctor is putting people on

>No doctor is putting their patient on a "ketogenic diet" to treat diabetes. No doctor is putting people on

.. that's for epilepsy.

What were you even hoping to achieve with this? Do you think I'd just forget I was talking about diabetes?

Good lord you're cringey.

>cut down to 19% BF
>know I should go lower before I bulk
>But fuck I wanna get big natty gains
Why must I go to skelly mode just to avoid looking fat when I'm big? Curse my lack of muscles

It's like I'm really in the 80's