Whenever I leave the gym after doing back work, I feel like I haven't done anything. No pump, no DOMS...

Whenever I leave the gym after doing back work, I feel like I haven't done anything. No pump, no DOMS, and very minimal gains.

What are some back lifts I should start incorporating for a more complete session?

Pull ups, and a lot

>Pull ups, and a lot

Beat me to it. Pullups are the fucking King as far as back is concerned.

Rows, shrugs, rack pulls, chinups, face pulls, band pullaparts, goodmornings *gasp* deathlifts

weighted back extensions

Like everyone has already said, pull-ups will fuck your shit up (in a good way.)
My back is definitely my strongest and most aesthetic part, and also my favorite muscle group to work. However I don't usually come home from a back day feeling sore or having DOMS later.

Unless a do a shit ton of pull ups, then I'll probably feel it the next day

inb4 chin up faggots start preaching blasphemy

They're not that different

Generally, how wide of a grip do you like?

nice job being objectively wrong m8

i usually go a bit wider than shoulder but i can only do 12 so what the fuck do I know

Word. I'll give it a shot today

While we're on the subject, what's an acceptable bent over row?

2xbodyweight with impeccable form

This is sort of related to this thread. Whenever I do lat pulldowns I always just feel it in my biceps. Does this happen to everyone??

what helped me was doing heavy weighted pull ups negatives after doing bw pull ups
got sore finally

Use a thumbless grip and focus on using your lats to pull the weight if you don't want that

almost as much as your bench

Imagine ropes pulling your elbows straight down.

Use less weight and focus on good form and squeezing the muscle. Try to actively think about using your back when performing said excercises.

Feeling biceps is 100% sign of using too much weight because you need to help with your biceps.

Time Under Tension (TUT) is anyways what matters the most for hypertrophy. Stop jerking the weight and counting reps. Instead focus on slow and controlled movement. I guarantee you will start feeling the burn and actually hitting the back muscles.

What? I like to do both.

Chin ups saved me from being a curl bro

Pull ups & rack pulls

I don't go to the gym but how does one do weighted pull-ups there? Are there some sort of weight belts lying around for people to use or what? Asking because I'm an assburger that would like to start hitting the gym but everything seems so complicated. I'm afraid about spilling the spaghetties there
Also I can do like 15 pullups with my skelly bodyweight so I need to start adding weight anyway

There are also weights that people generally use on their ankles, similar to a belt, but smaller. I don't know how people call them in English, but you can use those for a weighted pull up

I do weighted pull-ups, and I do three sets to failure (after which I can barely do another set of 2 or 3), but a few hours later, I feel nothing in my back. I've tried all kinds of different hand positions.

How do I avoid this?

I put a dumbbell between my ankles, forces me to keep body tension and strict form.

There are belts you can attach weights to with chains. You can also use a dumbbell between your legs or put the girly dbs in your pockets or something.

You expect to be sore after doing 3sets?

I get this same thing except for the only things that ever get pumped/sore are my arms, thighs/hammies and pecs, my back and core are literally never sore or pumped

Am i just doing my lifts wrong or what?

Use a thumbless/suicide grip in some of your rowing/pulling/loaded carries. Keeps the bicep out of most of the effort, puts more strain on the lats and upper back..

use a ridiculously wide snatch grip for your DLs, rack pulls, and power cleans. consider doing high pulls, both heavy ass ones for singles and lighter ones for reps.

Some gyms have pic related. If they don't have it pinch a dumbell between your thights or ancles.

This tbsu fampai

Good advice thanks

Don't put dumbbells in your pockets or you'll end up showing your weenie to the entire gym. Just hold them between your legs. I place one between my thighs, bend my knees and squeeze to hold.

Glad to help. Lower the weight/do less reps of pullups the first few times you try it because it's gonna be harder than you're used to. Also google how to do it correctly, just putting your thumb to the side might not do the trick.

Based snatch grip rack pull. Fucking this.

Which would you guys rather do for your back, chinups/pullups or barbell/dumbbell row?

I've always enjoyed pullups more than rows, but like op I never seem to feel much after rows.

how's my back fit

fat

nice stringer tan bro, suns out guns out amirite bro

hows mine

You somehow maintain the look of fat spilling over a wife beater, while being shirtless. That's impressive.

I've gotten good results from setting a 10 minute timer and doing a set of pull ups to failure every minute

BRB gonna go row 4pl8 with impeccable form

hahahahahahahah it took me a minute but I see it

kek

also mirin digits

would sleep on n-no homo

this x.5 for 3-4 is the real not memeing answer