Bro Splits: yes or no?

Veeky Forums
Should I have a leg day, chest day and back day or just do squats, bench press and deadlifts the same day?

What is better?
>t. Newfag

It has been said many times that bro split is not really a valid option

Starting Strength and GOMAD

brosplits are shit

imo full body 3x/week is the best option for a begginer, but ppl and upper/lower are both still much better options than brosplits

Do Compunds

I have been "lifting" for 2 years.
Unfortunately, noone ever told me isolated exercices are a waste of time

I wasted two years doing machines only and avoiding compund exercices(Squats, bench, etc.) like the plague.

Fuck my shit up

Brosplits are for dudebros that spout broscience and make minimal gains despite being somewhat consistent and lifting for years.

Do PPL instead newfriend

you just don't know how to bulk you dingus

You didn't realize that your efforts were naught for 2 years?

WTF bro?

Do brosplits refer to a particular program or any program that splits exercises into more than 2 groups for different parts of the body?

newfags itt

Literally you could have gotten big if you just did GOMAD

Chest gap, nipples too close together, dumbo ears, Asian, glasses

It may be time to give up senpai

anyone care to rate my routine? what can i add ? what can i get rid of?

>monday
bench 5x5
squat 5x5
hammer curls 3x8
tricep pull downs 3x8
low row 3x8
shoulder shrug 5x5
abs

>weds
bench 5x5
deadlift 5x5
hammer curls 3x8
tricep pull downs 3x8
low row 3x8
OHP 5x5
abs
>friday
bench 5x5
squat 5x5
hammer curls 3x8
tricep pull downs 3x8
low row 3x8
shoulder shrug 5x5
abs

>what can i get rid of?
the whole thing

shutup you twink , im looking for actual insight

Kek

I do a brosplit 3 days a week. I roadbike or run 2 other days a week. Weekends I mountain bike 1-2 days. Brosplit works better for someone who has hobbies beyond lifting.

please don't do this

I do a 6 day bro split and am stronger than 95% of Veeky Forums

Legs
Chest
Back
Legs
Arms
Shoulders

throw in ab/calves throughout. Just start each day with a heavy compound then do accessory work after.

I do a bro split, theres no need to train legs.
Running or biking should be enough.
>run with your toes to build calves

So youre saying you have time to do a bro split 3 times a week but not a beginner strength program three times a week?

I don't want to use up my legs. Did you read the rest of my post? My other hobbies aren't exactly sedentary.

the hair is by far the worst part of this image
what is even going on there

bro splits are basically routines that someone just kinda threw together. things like SS and PPL are routines and are backed up by studies that show them to be very effective, which is why they're recommended by most lifting forums

I do a PPL but on leg day I also do shoulders. Is this now a brosplit and is it now ineffective?

What's your heavy compound for arm day?

>should I do chest (push), back (pull), and legs?
>nah m8 do PPL
You're a retard.

May i ask an overused question in all seriousness please?...

Are you retarded?

My niggity.

Are lateral raises considered a pull?

What about PPLS where the S is shoulders and I have 0 days off

Imo, you don't need more than 50 reps for bench in week. Too much ISO. Seems like an overkill. Don't know, how after bench and squats you are not dead. Probably weight is too small.

>you don't need more than 50 reps for bench in week.
what if I'm a total DYEL and I can only bench 80lbs for 5x5 reps?

That's good, you should progress pretty fast since your load isn't heavy

Do 4x5, 3x5, 3x5 with 100lbs. In all seriousness, just read the sticky.

that's the single dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard
just kys yourself right now dude
like it'd be a merciful thing tbqh

This is a standard 5x5 program lol whats the issue?
bench is at 165
squat at 225

idk i dont feel tired ? it works for me though, ive made crazy gainz

>Asked a simple question
>Didn't answer said simple question

Retard confirmed. It all makes sense now.

This is what I do too.
I combined Arm day and shoulder day together and start it off with OHP - (3 days after chest day.)

It hits the chest again right on the day you stop being sore.

do you mean 50 heavy reps or in total

Upper lower

i did a 3 day program consisting solely of dead/squat/flat bench/ohp/incline row/hammer curl/one arm tricep extension/abs and made okay gains. fwiw my reps were different, though.

bench: 4x6-8
ohp: 4x5-6
incline row: 4x6-8
abs (weighted): 3x30
hammer curl: 4x8
tricep ext: 4x8
deadlift: 4x6-8
squat: 4x6-8

i only started about 2 months ago and have been making great progress. started benching only 25s , squating a plate, and barely deadlifitng a plate

what are you running now?

im looking for a good compound exercise or something of the likes for triceps
i already do bench,ohp,deadlift,weighed chin ups,weighed pull ups , any suggestions for triceps

just switched to upper/lower split

Why I'm the hell are you putting two arm isolation exercises ahead of compound lifts like OHP and rows? You're sabotaging your strength potential on the compounds for the sake of prioritizing inferior isolations.

You also have no vertical pulls at all.

This routine is stupid af

"A completely untrained novice can do anything and get stronger... for about six weeks." Mark Rippetoe

Google searches 3xF
Fedora tippers 3x5

ABCxABCx master race

A = chest/tri
B = back/bi
C = legs/shoulders

wasnt in any order

Cunt

So, is it Ok to do:
>Squats
>Deadlift
>Bench press
>Shoulder press

The same day?
Should I split it in two?

Weighted dips is my heavy compound on arm day.

Weighted dips are GOAT arm builder.

lmao just become a trap you effeminate chink

This

Weightlifting is a hobby for some people and there's nothing wrong with that. The whole "brosplit vs heavy compounds etc" argument is basically just an internet meme. Some people like lifting heavy every workout and seeing their big 3 lifts go up and some people just want to look good, others are using weightlifting as an accessory to other athletic endeavors or as a way to stay in overall good shape. At the end of the day, if you go to the gym regularly you're going to get stronger, and your muscles are going to get bigger.

Many people on Veeky Forums would disagree with my routine because it's a 5 day bodysplit that includes some machines, some high rep range work, some curls and a lot of stuff that is regarded on Veeky Forums as sacrilege, yet I have a higher overall athletic ability and functional strength than most of fit because I also do sprints, distance running, swimming, rowing etc. I also do at least one heavy compound lift every workout and incorporate Olympic lift variations some days as well.

It's all about balance man. Figure out what your goals are and find out what works for you. Do you just want to be big, lift heavy and max out your big three lifts? Then you probably don't need to do curls or use machines. Are you purely going for aesthetics? Then a bodybuilding routine (aka brosplit or bodysplit) is better.

Everyone goes to the gym for a different reason. What are your goals?

i never managed to get to grips with that movement. i've never found that it feels efficient like squats or OHP and it never seemed to do much for me. wish that wasn't the case as I hear it is a god tier OHP accessory and i am all about the OHP.

You shouldn't really do more than one heavy compound per day. I do squats/diddly on leg day but switch off every week on which is the heavy set. For example week A I do 4x3-6 squats then 3x8-12 diddly, week B is 4x3-6 diddly then 3x8-12 squats.

Bench and OHP I would separate entirely though. You're gonna be too burnt.