/fat/ Fatty General

Packing your lunch edition

Old thread BMI exceed 300 Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Who here /more energy/?

I have noticed that since I have started eating better, exercising regularly, and sleeping better I just feel so much more energized and happy. Is it placebo?

If the user who makes fat wojaks read this I am officially placing a request for new fat wojaks, I had to go back two threads to find one we haven't used recently

>Is it placebo?
no, your bod likes trying to be healthy

Who else /ascended/?
>get home hungry af
>dinner is my only full sized meal of the day
>halfway through the plate realize I'm not hungry anymore
>put it away to finish it instead of my pre-bed snack

Started counting calories, thought Subway would be a good decision for lunch.
Came out to about 900 calories after everything.

This is gonna be difficult but oh well

so ive been going to the gym every night for the last 3 nights ( my fist time working out)

my arms are kinda sore around the brachioradalis, and very faint tightness in my chest, nothing hurts its just obviously tight, i cant extend my arm out completely, but if i use my other arm to stretch it out fully it feels fine. all of this normal ?

No.
You're a retard.
Read the sticky.

How big was the meal in question.

Been craving fried chicken so I got a couple chicken legs, put a louisiana rub thing that's really like salt, pepper, cumen, and some other herbs on, and oven baked 'em. Having with mixed frozen vegetables.

Craving sorted, calories kept within budget. Life is good.

>Subway
bruh...................................why

Nice job user, sounds delicious too!

thanks.....i might just stop going to the gym now. great motivation

Yeah. Honestly, I'm pretty good at cooking I'm just a lazy shit which is why I ate a bunch of junk food and ended up putting on some weight. I can cook better than the bullshit I'd order.

Honestly I think cooking is the most important skill for being in shape/healthy by far. What I've decided to do with my cut is create a 'normal' diet. Like, I'm going to eat the same stuff I'm going to eat when I'm not cutting, but, less of it. With a macro spread that realistically I could jigger into a bulk, recomp or cut. So if I was just eating maintenance I'd eat this, but a bit more, or bulk, this, but a lot more.

I'd like to create something that I only need to adjust quantities of. I think that losing weight on a temporary diet is impossible. But eating stuff you hate in a way you hate forever is also. So the best thing is to create a 'normal' diet full of stuff you like that you eat a bit less of for a while. Which means learning to cook if you can't already.

Standard sized everything.
1 bag of groats - 100 grams dry
1 fish fillet brick - 75g
half a bag of frozen spinach - 200g
1 egg + some breadcrumbs for breading

Comes out to a full dinner plate, but nothing excessively big.

>two poptarts for breakfast lunch and dinner
>1200 calories

I can do this

>gym 3 nights in the row til physical pain//potential injury
don't give up, just don't be stupid about it

>What I've decided to do with my cut is create a 'normal' diet

Are you me? Everything you said is stuff I have said time and time again in these threads. I'm trying to do something long term so all the meme diets like keto or whatever else aren't going to KEEP me at a healthy weight.

So many of us fatties want a quick fix and don't think long term about what they'll eat once they're thinner.

Fatties who do what you are doing will most definitely make it.

quick question do you guys set your maintenance at the BMR or sedentary?

Sounds like you're able to tell when you're satisfied now, thats an invaluable skill. I still haven't mastered it RIP

Never gonna make it

Lost another 6lbs this month

Sedentary, BMR is what your body uses in a coma, using that as your maintenance will basically be a cut.

:') P R O U D

oh shit ive been cutting to 800cal for 5 weeks because of that. should i stop and increae?

I'm very used to eating until I'm full. How can I get over this? Is counting calories the only way? Or is there some other way I can train myself to stop being a disgusting glutton?

counting calories is the way you train yourself to stop being a glutton. it makes you think more about what you're eating and helps you memorize basic things, i.e. like a chicken breast is typically 200 calories. counting calories leads to better long term behaviors.

many stories in /fat/ about people surprised that some supposedly OK meal was actually 700 calories a hit. i posted here that a pork/swiss bagel i used to get was 650 calories. i was fuckin shocked i ate that every morning.

>tfw finally got a gf
>tell her i'm going to gym today, should only be an hour
>"user please, just stay here!"

wat do guys, i don't wanna lose my gains but also don't wanna lose my gf

are the saunas a good way to relax muscles after your session ?

your gains are more important. im not fucking around here

I'd like to be able to cook more than eggs, chicken breast, and canned veggies but at the same time I'm not a picky eater and can't be assed to put time/effort into it.

>notice my fat under my arms is sagging like old deflated tits again
Feels good/bad man.

If a random comment on a cabbage picking chinese board is what gets you to stop going to the gym it's over before it started.

why though, i mean yeah it's not good to skip but it's just one day

plus it's a girl which is the reason i started lifting in the first place

Confess your cheatmeals

gains. gf either really wants to spend time with you (she'll survive for an hour) or doesn't want you to get fit/attractive cause she doesn't want to feel lazy. or she's worried you'll be out of her league eventually and you'll leave her, or some other dumb shit.

tl;dr gains are better for the long run friend

stick to your habits / routine to ensure long term success. compartmentalize your life and plan for her around your fitness and health

does high carb vs low carb matter on a cut?

I'm the lard arse who was 220kg on 6th Feb, now down to 203kg. I have been doing very low carb and intermittent fasting. I'm coming up to 2 months of dieting with no cheating and I am losing weight fast but today I had a haircut and I still found it hard to look at my fat self in the mirror. I'm finding it easier walking around now and actually needed to get new clothes for first time today. It's good to feel it working but I can't wait until i look more normal

It's an acquired skill, it takes time for your body to accept the new "normal".

For example, when I was fatfat, I could shovel an ice cream pack, fries, donuts, chocolate, chips, sweets within an hour and be fine.

Now I tried eating an ice cream pack (ie. 500ml), I could down like half of it before being like NOPE.

With the added crap that my taste buds were rip for the next day and dinner tasted like cardboard, which usually tastes amazing.

So yeah, I don't have a desire to even eat sweets as much, even if my body does.

this x2 if you can't even bother to read the sticky

i eat a pizza every saturday

Height?

the first thing i eat once ive hit my target weight is the free papa john's pizza sitting in my account.

>lifting for girls

Former fatty here, just dropped by to tell you you chubs that I'm watching.
Don'you dare slack off. You will make it.

Time is on your side frendo, be patient and keep doing what you're doing, you got fat within years and years of putting on weight. You'll get unfat within a few months.

Not a bad deal I say.

6'1"

It's so hot outside, I couldn't resist...

So cold, sweet, refreshing...

Worked for Zyzz.

deleet this

keep going bruh

If you're fat, no.

High carb diet is shit. All carbs do is give you more cravings for carbs and ruin your diet. Try just eating the minimum ammount of it.

If you can cook chicken you can cook anything. You literally just put it all on heat until it's done. Cooking is only hard when you go into Top Chef type stuff.

I'm making flourless peanut butter cookies right now.

I'm depressed (diagnosed) and fighting it for over 4 years now. When I'm feeling really bad I compensate with eating fast food and candy.
Nothing else seems to be able to fill the void.
Not to mention that I skip the gym when I feel terrible.
Why do I even type this here, it can't be helped.

>kg

Are you sure that's not lb? A 200kg person can't even leave his bed.

I mean all the prep I guess. none of it is necessarily hard, it's just time consuming and tedious

Yes.

> TFW you're a 5' 8" 225lb Manlet with children and a full time graveyard schedule.
> how do you do it
> never crave food until starving
> eat at weird times when I do
>never gonna make it
> kill me now

Really depends on what you're cooking. Some stuff is low prep and you can cook a lot of stuff with low prep. You can just cut veggies in half and toss them into the oven, or cut them a bit more and throw them into a pan. Most cuts of meat don't really need to be prepped as they almost all fit into a pan straight from the store.

im skinnyfat. i just need enough carbs to have enough energy to do my lifts. i do 30% carb, is that okay?

You can eat carbs, but just avoid simple carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice.

I won't disappoint you user

great threat user! quit if you want.

fuuuck i want a pizza so much right now

i cant give up white rice, brown rice is too gross

30% is fine, just don't overdo it.

Your satiety meter is probably out of alignment, you need to reset it.
Stomach shrinking is a myth, but you definitely can adjust to feel full with smaller portions.
Try IF, it's what worked for me instead of spreading the calories between multiple small meals that never leave me satisfied.
Start with a week, treat it as a short term intervention instead of a permanent lifestyle change, so you have a visible achievable goal. Go hungry, suffer through it knowing you will eat in the evening. BUT in the evening only eat so much that you stop being hungry (remember it's just for a week).
After that 2 things should happen - your hunger sensitivity will be greatly reduced as you just learn to ignore it, and you'll naturally need less food to feel satiated. In that week try to avoid both fats and processed carbs as the first offer very little volume per calorie and the other dissolve inside you within an hour leaving you hungry again.
I'm and I don't count anything

>pizza hut
No thanks, even microwave pizza is better than chain pizza, and cheaper too

Sorry to hear that bro. This is what a lot /fat/ties experience as well, though. I know for me when I get really depressed and stressed out the only thing calms me is binging on food I shouldn't eat.

It sounds shitty, I know, but you really just have to make a conscious effort to fight your tendencies. It's hard and you'll fail sometimes but its the only way you'll be happy.

Just quit the gym and kill yourself faggot, you got a gf, you're done. You don't need "gainz"

anyone else's palate changed drastically since changing your eating habits?

there was a period of my life when i ate fucking mozzarella sticks and ben and jerry's every fucking day, and avoided vegetables like the plague. now i fucking love plain shit like spinach, oatmeal, and fiber one cereal.

Brown rice is definitely inferior to GOAT white rice but you'll get used to it. I used to have the worst white rice eating habits of all time, but now its not an issue

Ice creams actually not that bad. I ate like 600 calories today which is like 2 cups worth and ill still be under my TDEE with 3 meals and enough protein for day.

Bad advice.

Humans are basically moist robots that can program what they like
>tfw already made myself hate the taste of sugar in coffee

Oatmeal is delicious and tastes nothing like vegetables

YES! I was buying boba tea the other day with a friend and she got this passionfruit flavoring that was so sickeningly sweet and all I got was the slightly sweetened green tea and it was the best. I love not being addicted to sugar

i dunno i see people complain about the taste. i eat plain oatmeal with nothing but salt and water and enjoy the taste.

Is it wise to do IF like that while working out? I'm worried I'll feel dead after a morning run.

It's absolutely perfect advice for someone who lifted to get a gf but doesn't give a shit about maintaining a lifting routine.

no. in that case he should maintain he's composition. if it's the body that got him the gf, changing the body will lose the gf.

Has the worst texture, like a cross between throw up and baby food.

maybe I'll start branching out a bit then, starting with fresh veggies.

Im sure its kg and I can leave my bed, and have a FT job

>tfw i got gum recession in my back teeth and now can't eat sugar even if i wanted to because it burns my receding gumline

>440lbs
Bruh

RIP

I know. Is why I'm finally making the commitment to lose it. I have reasons it got so high but not excuses its down to me to sort my shit out so I am

I ride a bike to work 20 km and after that an apple and a coffee carry me until noon.
I don't lift but I do bodyweight and my reps are consistently going up.

Rip in peace zyzz.

Halo Top ice cream is the fucking truth.

Good luck man

My go to veggies are zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, broccoli, and mushrooms. They're all easy and fit in with a lot of different cuisines.

only some of them. some taste great, some taste really fuckin weird, like birthday cake.

Keep going brother

Yeah. Fortunately I have a few things going for me:

1) I can cook
2) I'm not that overweight in the first place (seriously, I'm impressed at you guys who drop like 100+ pounds)
3) I naturally do IF. Like my natural rhythm is to wake up, not eat anything for hours, then eat later.
4) I grew up liking vegetables and I love meat. I mean I like bread and whatnot but I'm way more protein heavy than carbs given a choice.

So putting together a sustainable permanent diet isn't too big a challenge for me because it's mostly what I want to eat anyway. The hard part is being less lazy and cooking rather than ordering junk food.

Haven't tried that one, only vanilla. Being able to slam an entire pint and only spend 250 calories of my daily intake is incredible though.

All Hail Halo Top. The mocha chip flavor is really fucking good.