PPL Routines

Could anyone recommend a good PPL routine? I want to get off of SS

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MbOWpTBcNNQuqHd8q9jUUR2V-ZERWNDKYPd5kzVjCJQ/template/preview?usp=drive_web
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MbOWpTBcNNQuqHd8q9jUUR2V-ZERWNDKYPd5kzVjCJQ/template/preview?usp=drive_web

I don't see how you're supposed to set up a PPL. Deadlifts and cleans are going to fuck up both leg and pull day.

>pull push legs not push pull legs
REEEEEE

jk, looks pretty solid m8

PPLxPPLx

If you are too sensitive to do squats the day after deadlifts then do deadlifts on the first pull day and leg press/hacksquats on the first leg day, then weighted hypers or rack pulls on the second pull day and squats on the second leg day.

But this isn't necessary, you get used to it.

Been doing the reddit PPL, seems to be working. Hitting new 1rm on all the main lifts.

thats from this thread reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

If you're leaving SS, swap to PHUL or any 4 day Power/Hypertrophy lift.

PPLPPLX is too much volume for an intermediate.
If you're able to do 6x a week, with the intensity and volume it demands, after the 6-8 months of SS, you're not lifting heavy enough, or you're on Juice.

If you're young and still eating a TON, you can pull off a PPLUL for a while, too.

>If you're leaving SS, swap to PHUL or any 4 day Power/Hypertrophy lift.
This.

Or cut the bs off reddit ppl (incline bench, triceps pushdowns, leg curls, etc)

>If you're able to do 6x a week, with the intensity and volume it demands
this is stupid because PPL isn't a set routine, you could be doing SS split into a PPL, you could just reduce the volume if it's too much

If you're doing a PPL less than 6 days a week, it means you're hitting each body part less than 2x a week...which is exceptionally bad programming for an intermediate.

Incline bench isn't bs. Ripp prefers it to flat bench, if you can only do one for whatever reason.

Been doing a PPL routine for awhile now and have gained about 15lbs while doing it. Strength has gone up too but when I look at pictures, I look the same/little to no change. Any suggestions?

>reducing days is the only way
you could just reduce exercises

Lift for longer than 3 months

I "lifted" (not eating enough/no real program) for about a year beforehand and gained the 15 over 15 months. Its just discouraging to have only strength gains but still look like shit

do PPL routines have to be 6 days? is there a 4 day split?

*gained 15 over 5 months

It is bs as an accessory lift. Cable crossovers are better for hypertrophy purposes imo.

>one side higher than the other
>feet are all over the place

Does Klokov even know what he's doing?

omar isuf trains more than 4 days a week retard, ppl is fine

PUSH away your insecurities
PULL in girls
LOVE life

:)

What sort of 4 day power/hypertrophy lift

Push Pull Legs x Full body xx

How long should you do SS for before switching off to PPL or something else?

until youce stalled 3 times in a row

I always did pull ups and chin ups at home and 30 full proper form push up. I started going to the gym for about 2 weeks and then started a PPL program (coolcicada's) and I have been getting amazing strength results and I look much bigger. If it works great for me should I just keep going with it? Does anyone have any advice as to why I shouldnt?

bump I need advice

Doesn't really matter. It depends on what you want. You can make the same gains on ppl slower and look better quicker or make strength gains way faster and probably not be as aesthetic.

There's no magic number, it's solely on you.

Look up Candito LP

Just started a PPL program this week.
Pa Pa La x Pb Pb Lb

>Should I be increasing weight each week?

You're getting gains because you're still relatively new and anything will jump start you.

Coolcicada is a pretty advanced PPL (I ran it myself for a while when I was heavy bulking), but It was such a large amount of volume.

Again, As I said earlier, I wouldn't do a true PPL unless you've been training for 2-3 years. It's just too much.

Fierce 5 PPLUL is my go-to recommendation for an advanced (>2-3 year trainer), and his 4 day Upper/Lower or PHUL is my favorite recommendation for

in which exercise?
I've been on it for 3 months. still adding weight to squats, rows and benchpress.
haven't done ohp in 2 weeks because I fell on my shoulder and still isn't recovered.
in deadlift i'm kinda stuck at 1,25 pl8 for 2/3 sessions now.

PPxLPxx
PLxPPxx
LPxPLxx

etc

You dont do either because they are shit exercises

when you stall and deload on all three, for a total of three times, youre done