/plg/ - powerlifting general

/plg/- Powerlifting general.

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong and Sean pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh (embed)

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1 (embed)

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3 (embed)

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2XAffp0SpzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thank you Mr owens

WHere's the bant lads

Give it to me

Does anyone feel that volume doesn't do jack shit for their squat and specificity doesn't make a difference at all in bench?

I feel like most of my squat gains come from work in the 85-95% range at RPE 9ish, while most of my bench gains come from high reps and high volume accessories

Uhhhm. No. Here's what works for me:

>SQ: blast out a few tough sets, rep range is almost irrelevant and as long as form is tight it's all productive work
>BP: Sheiko/Sheiko-esque high vol submax training with some bodybuilding
>DL: heavy pulls from the floor. not a ton of volume, some paused deads, some SLDLs, some hypers

Quién será?

>squat, few tough sets
So high RPE/high relative intensity
>bench, high volume but low reps Sheiko style + BB accessories
I said the same thing except high rep bench, so that's similar too

The pattern holds somewhat true for you then I guess, idk about diddlys cause I haven't trained them hard enough to know what I respond to best but so far it seems to be heavy singles with a few easy back offs

Kms or nah?

what should a squat even look like at that point in the ROM?

First of all why would you wanna kill yourself? No reason to

Second of all why are you 3-4 squatting 1.5 pl8 in running shoes and posting it in powerlifting general

Was form check buddeh. Forgot my squat shoes

You tell me

Lower boi

Also your knees look like they're caving bad but can't be 100% sure from that angle

How much lower? Nah my knees are just bony af

Till the hip crease is below the top of the knee

I'd say a good few inches lower

o no

Was that how you always squatted or was that just a really shitty rep? Either way, wew

It was an especially shitty rep, but his normal reps didn't look THAT much better :^)

Doing a deload next week. What's a good poundage or percentage to deload from?

>form memers

Thanks brah so I'm basically right here

is that 155

Tbh drop volume moreso than intensity.

When I need to be here

Mfw underscore is just a dyel strongman posing as a powerlifter

Is this IPF depth?

Jesus fucking christ lad, stay safe

i like it

Can't tell from the angle but I'd say needs another inch to be 3 whites, another half inch to be borderline

>all these unsafe bars

What's unsafe about ?

Currently on week 2 of the 3 day Beyond 5/3/1 program, anyone else have experience with this?

Also what is the best 3 day powerlifting program?

My gym usually keeps chalk around but they've been slack as fuck lately. What's a good, cheap brand of chalk and what the hell do I keep it in?

Thicc.

The bar.

No handles

I get chalk balls for like $8 off Amazon, lasts me a couple months. Keep them in a plastic bag in a plastic container

I don't use chalk so I can't recommend a brand but I see tons of people just keeping it in a plastic bag

Plastic bag like a ziplock? And a tupperware container?

Ziplock works fine. Put the ziplock in a tupperware for extra containment

Yes and yes, I use a container that has parts that click in, but with the bag I don't think it's a necessity, it's just a precaution.

Personally I put the tupperware inside the ziplock

Cool thank you. I feel retarded for asking but I'm afraid of making a mess out of my gym bag.

What's her name?

disgusting stumpy legs

actually looks like a midget

shes stong tho

sheiko intermediate programs

>9 pages written
!!!!!!

Hey /plg/ where can I get really long socks that don't fucking fall down all the time?

kohl's

deformed looking midget legs

good thread

You didn't even try to do it right

>No job, swipe left
>No tattoos, swipe left
Female logic at it's finest.

>that pic
I'm willing to bet all the men she's slept with got completely meaningless tats and were total fuckboys

>completely meaningless tats
Honestly what difference does it make if a tattoo is "cool" or "deep" to the owner. It's still going to look like ass 5 years after they get it, and in another 5 they'll likely regret it either way.

> Have 3 tattoos( admittedly, but only to myself, regret them all)
> Manage a logistics operation at 27
Not that uncommon to have tattoos and still work/be successful. It's not the '50s anymore.

>Not that uncommon to have tattoos and still work/be successful
Yes, but are these successful people also looking to pickup sluts on tinder?

candito pulls sumo all the time now i guess

is it time to try it

>thinks he's redpilled
>lusts after generic instagram whores
kys yourself faggot

i pull 410x3 conventional do you think trying sumo would just set me back?

>Wants guys with tats
>Doesn't want fuckboys

Don't work like that senpai

literally impossible to say unless you try it.

im pretty manletty since im 5'7 so pulling conventional is already a pretty small rom and i feel strong with it

maybe ill try sumo this weekend just cause

What movement takes the pecs/bench through a full range of motion ?

idk maybe bench press?

>5'7"
Unless you have t-rex arms you'll likely get a lot out of switching to sumo over time.
You'll be able to get a wide stance without your feet touching the plates, and with a shorter torso the rotation will be smoother.

ok ill try it

Dumbells press ?

literally does not matter how tall you are in absolute height. Proportions > everything else.

e.g.

gf sent me this lads

shoo shoo rafaello

So I used the ab wheel for the first time today and now my core is fucking dead

>tfw just tried to sit up in bed to drink some water

Thumbs over or under the bar squatting?

i put mine over but just do whats comfy

I tried over and my back is tighter but it felt like my wrists could be kill if I use it too much

I got to 600 lbs squat, mostly with 5x5.

>your a fuck boy
>your

2/10 would not bang

That's insane, congrats on your talent. What's your BW? And do you have any videos?

Tell me about your job, fAm.

I was a just about 240 lbs when I did it. I'm going to try it again in a meet on Saturday, at 230 lbs if I can lose another five goddamn pounds before I have to weigh in.

I had been doing squats and shit for about six and a half years now, specifically for powerlifting for about six months, but generally had been doing 3x5 or 5x5 the entire time.

It's not that I ONLY did multiple sets of five. Early on the TM I would do a 1x5 on Friday, and for a TM-esque style Olympic program I did to assist in clobbering opposing rugby players, I would usually do 5 singles for intensity day. Which is also what I've been doing since focusing on powerlifting.

But, even doing that, MOST of the progress is driven by the 5x5. The singles don't do much other than condition me to stay tight and recruit maximum motor units under goddamn heavy weights.

Haha that was a weird grind. Nice job though man
What are your other lifts?

How to put 10kg on your DEADLIFT.
Disclaimer: will not work on excessively whippy bars (ie. Texas bars). Like any other gym tip or trick, may or may not work for you, but worth a thought as it has made 4 of my lifters +260kg deadlift one pulling 295kg.
youtube.com/watch?v=2XAffp0SpzQ

PNP3 is going great lads. I think I can run this program for a few more weeks until I have to deload and go to PIP1. What was your experience like using Izzy's programs?

Hey look a guy that pulls with godawful form is going to tell me how to deadlift

Ur so fucking dense kevin

its a deadlift monkey trying to give out advice kek

new gym gear and ready to pr. today is a good day lads.

Actually, I'm telling you how the physical world works. I'm going to assume you don't know anything about physics so the video might help educate you.

Well I do bench 170kg with shit bench levers and I'm in my 4th year of Mechanical Engineering. So that's a Push, Pull, Space monkey to you

Post tom Martin autism

shit is pouring out my butthole
We're still in the beginning stages of this shit but I can't smell anything, an odourless shit perhaps?

Still can't smell anything this is weird

So i've been doing SS while regaining my strength and I'm now back at my old strength level (albeit i'm about 10kg heavier now). Should I keep going to see if I can gain more strength or should I hop onto a normal program again?

I don't want to injure myself lifting too heavy for too long (the weight i'm lifting is surely not designed to be lifted on SS).

Texas method, maybe?

Run TM once you start stalling on ss

That box analogy is terrible, ill explain why when i get home.

You have a pretty tenuous grasp on biomechanics for someone in engineering

But won't i eventually injure myself if I'm 330 wilks and running SS for more than 4+ weeks?

Not sure if you read my post

damn how to get odorless shits?