Veeky Forums hobbies

Need something new to keep me busy. Was thinking either kayaking, archery or rock wall climbing.

Already into running, reading and guitar. Did boxing and TKD before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OIQTnp3-Wnk
youtube.com/watch?v=hUOIPuu4UvY
youtube.com/watch?v=q-QpZ_pDl8U
youtube.com/watch?v=dYL17K29ERE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of them are good to get into. Give rock climbing or slacklining a try m8.

Sorry I meant hiking. Again, you are on the right path.

try jits or judo.

Kayaking is the shit.

Rock climbing for forearm gains
Kayaking for back and biceps and fishing
Hiking for hammock and sketchbook gains. Archery for when civilization collapses and you must hunt to survive and fend off the Raiders encroaching on your homestead oh Jesus please don't take the crops we need them for winter keep your hands off her you filthy raider scum I'll fucking kill you

I'd go with Kayaking.

Kayaking and archery are both a lot of fun
>me
>delete almost all social media to reduce need for technology, more time for life
>just spend that time on Veeky Forums now
Oh well I hated Snapchat regardless.

Rock climbing for sick gains in strength

Fencing and kendo.
srs

Fencing sounds cool

Going to try kayaking this weekend.

Archery is neat. What's your PB?

How do you get into fencing? I've always wanted to (my dad was a collegiate fencer) but in college I never had the spare time and money to check out the club sport version (fuck title 9 for killing smaller collegiate sports)

That looks like vancouver island

Guns
Guns are fucking sweet
You can lift iron and sling lead

Do you live next to the sea? Lots of water sports you can do. Also, sea Kayaking can be tough as fuck.

Yeah. That's exactly what I need, an apocalypse. That'll get her to realize I'm the man of her dreams.

Start sketching man. Its fun.

>have gf but no hobbies
>spend time doing trivial shit with gf, lifting and studying
>break up because im boring apparently
>start having a social life, naturally go out and do shit with people that constitutes as a hobby
>get a gf interested in same activities
>stop doing so much interesting shit, spend time doing intimate stuff, lifting and studying like old times
>she's starting to insinuate that we don't do enough fun stuff
>pre-emptively dumped her because it really is giving me DeJa Vu

im really getting sick of this planet. I'll have my degree soon atleast.

I'm a big loser who plays Magic: the Gathering.

I think the problem is having something you like to do on your own time. Have to find something that you do for yourself.

As long as you enjoy it. Even better if you can do it with other people who are into it too.

Guys I've been wondering about rock climbing
I'm 5'10 and weigh 172 lbs
Am I too fat for rock climbing? I can do 8 chinups and my 5rm rows are 70kg/155lbs
Bump

Cycling or mountain biking are the god tier Veeky Forums hobbies.

Rock climbing past beginner stages is full body + cardio. Go with this if you want to challenge your limits.

That mastery hnnggg
Can you answer

There's an archery club about a mile away from me and I've been considering doing a beginner's course. This thread has made me decide to do it.

A coworker invited me to a range so that ought to be fun.

Some lakes but yeah the paddle looks like it can be murder if you over do it.

Can't draw anything since elementary school but that looks sick man with the detail

Good on ya m8 I'm going next week myself. I have a big yard so I could practice in my backyard if I really get into it.

Mountain biking. Good fun and makes for a good full body workout. Lots of cardio so could seriously kill your gains. High cost of entry if you want something that'll actually be fun to ride.

youtube.com/watch?v=OIQTnp3-Wnk
youtube.com/watch?v=hUOIPuu4UvY
youtube.com/watch?v=q-QpZ_pDl8U
youtube.com/watch?v=dYL17K29ERE

How is this a question?
Watch anime

Ive seen fattys climb.

It will be harder on you honestly but you should be able to handle it. Im guessing you will have shit stamina and get pumped out after a short time.

I recommend bouldering if you cant climb 50 ft on your first try. or just keep at and youll get it one day......

I can run a 5k in half hour so stamina is ok
Fuck it I'm just gonna go ahead

Won't kill your gains if you shuttle and just run the downhill ;)

Motorbike riding.

Personally I like the climbs anyways. We all need a bit of cardio in our lives. Gotta earn your turns. Most of the good stuff where I live isn't easy to access via shuttle anyways. I fell for the marketing and have my full sus trail bike setup more enduro friendly. I don't really care to climb like a DYEL XC rider anyways.

Good, I think you should.

You will see what I mean about the stamina when you try it. good luck.

That first video is 3spooky5me

>spooky

Wait what?

no harm in trying,
also for beginners, you try to use legs for power and getting up, arms are only used to stick to the wall.
also gyms have beginner routes with big grips, or you just use all of them not a single colour route.
you can also take breaks just tell the person that does your rope, they will tighten it and you can sit in your harness and crush your balls for a minute long break.

>How do you get into fencing?
Find a club? They're usually pretty desperate for new money/members.
Just Google that shit bruh.

>High cost of entry
Like a broken spine.

Did fencing for a little while, equipment is relatively cheap but lessons are expensive af and its not at all what you think its like. I would recommend trying it out though.

Dude yes, joined the archery club down the street from me last year, its tons of fun. Just make sure you watch YT videos to learn everything you can before going. Also going to recommend r/archery; People will shit on reddit but that one is informative.

Where do you live?

Snowboarding in winter, kayaking/boating/golf in summer here.

Surfing is a good hobby. Gets you up early and gives you a chance to enjoy the water and maybe even increase your lung capacity a little bit.