QTDDTOT:

Old thread reached the limit.

Is pic related a good routine?

I can hit the gym 3 days/week tops, many times will be only 2 days/week, but usually I get at least 1h30-2h able to lift. So I want to make the best of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/expectations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

on the subject of routine check, any testimonies on the texas method?

is there anything wrong with just doing a lot of accessory movements after you've completed your initial strength compound movement?
there are times where i can spend up to two hours in the gym, just doing a bunch of variations and accessories
but nearing the end, the weight i can lift is obviously much less than if i had a fuller tank

is this not sustainable in long run?

what if my goals are purely aesthetics
volume is most important, right?

Im a scrub lifter starting on the Stronglifts 5x5 routine. Will i miss out on gains if i work on different muscles in between days of the routine? Or should i just rest?

>is there anything wrong with just doing a lot of accessory movements after you've completed your initial strength compound movement?
Not at all. The one thing you don't want to, tho, is to *struggle* for reps when doing accessory lifts. Instead, focus on getting all reps done using manageable weights. One strategy good for that purpose is starting at 4x8, for example, and building weekly to 4x12, then adding 1-2kg and starting over again.

> volume is most important, right?
As beginner, the most important is strength. You won't get to look good before you get reasonable weights (intermediate lvl) on main compounds. But volume and frequency are always very important for hypertrophy nonetheless.

Anons, I can't seem to do pushups or any type of heavy lifting. Every time I lift or anything above normal books, bags, etc, my left arm feels like it's gonna snap. The pain is around the bicep area. What could be the issue?

have done it before, works well

monday workouts are hell tho, only time I don't look forward to the gym

Is there any alternative to bb/db incline presses? I'm so shit at them and my form is so awkward. Can I just do chest flyes instead?

good program

I just cant get olympic lifts right, give me some tips for the power snatch and clean

Best way to fix uneven pecs? I've been lifting for about 2 years and only now has this become an issue. Visually looks awkward with my shirt off

13-17 sets of biceps every day and 11 sets of triceps could be fine for 2 days a week, but 3 times is going a bit far. 20 sets per muscle group per week is approximately the most you can recover from. You might be able to do more, but I would use that as a baseline. Biceps triceps and delts are a bit higher 23-25. Using this there is also way too little work for the pecs at 8-13 sets, and lats at 0-5, quads 0-5 and glutes 3-5. Too much of the program is spent on arm isolation. Replace most of the arm isolations with pushing and pulling movements.

Work 5 days a week, lift for 3 and am lazy af. What are some quick and easy snack foods/ meals which can help me bulk

Whats expected weight gain for a newbie doing SS on a bulk? Ive gained about 3kg in just over a month

I'm gonna ask this one last time, Is there anyone here at all who got a malalignent duck feet tibial rotation fixed?

Hey fit!

Doing a PPLPPLX routine, with 3 Power days, and 3 hypertrophy days. What is the optimal order to allow better recuperation and soreness (I mean between power and hypertrophy)

Depends on what micro/macro/calories/budget you're looking for. PB is great. Fruits are great. Homemade protein bar are great. Depends if you need "raw" calories, just a filler snack, or some "balanced" snack.

You won't use the same muscles with flyes. Work on your form with lower weights. In the meantime if you want real volume for chest, you can indeed do flyes, or add a set of BP...

According to Scooby, this scoobysworkshop.com/expectations/
It's pure muscle though, you'll put on some fat, and prolly will gain some water and shit too.

Are you a time traveler Auschwitz prisoner?

Bbjmpt

How much chicken breast should I eat per day?
I'm 92kgs, 184cm, currently losing weight and just started going to the gym.
I'm currently doing TDEE -300 and it's been great so far. I've lost 30kgs already.

What's the longest your weight can stay without varying provided you're doing things well on a 1kg per week cut.

I mean sure, you're suppose to be losing 1kg of fat per week, but still is it possible that 1 week passes and even tough you lost a kg of fat you just happen to have a kg more of water that day?

nigga, protip, when your malformity has more than 2 words you have to see a doctor.

This is what you sound like:
HEY ANONS, QUICK, ANY EXPERIENCE WITH SEVERE TWISTING RETRO ANTERIOR LUMBAR DORSOSPINAL DISALIGNMENT SYNDROME

I think I can power clean 2 plates. That was on a high power shrug so I think I could.

Problem is I have no idea how to power clean. Is it even worth it to learn proper form when I'm doing power shrugs at double the weight, or is 2 plates even good enough to learn the exercise for?

I stopped doing incline bench and ohp in favor of landmine presses and one armed shoulder presses.

No idea if it will make my normal lifts go up but it definitely hits the same areas pretty hard.

does anyone know about "HDx" and "HDr" barbells? the crunch gym i go to has these but I cant find anything about them on the internet.

>3x8 for triceps
>8x6 for biceps

If one of those set/rep choices is optimal, why not use it for both exercises?

idiot

nvm i found it. They're from XF fitness

pls explain

I've seen fucking 4 doctors and they all say it's fine. But I'm in extreme pain. I know it's a malformation due to he fact I had a Mri done and it's shown its twisted but no one will do anything. I'm asking if anyone got it done. Fuck off

hey dont get mad

I never had much success doing upper and lower body on the same day. Lower took all my gains. Had to keep em' separated.

I used to lift and do pushups, but I couldn't do either for the last few weeks.

It's weird. I'd say one or two weeks, depending on if you log your weight daily or not. Depending on what you eat, how much you drink, the weight on the scale can vary quite a bit, even though your body is burning fat.
1Kg per week is a lot though, that's about a 1300 cals deficit per days, you might have damaged your metabolism, your body stops burning fats and work on a slower level...

How big is too big for a woman? My shoulders and arms are getting way bigger lately and I'm worried about dipping out of the 'attractive' range.

You will get a bunch of different answers do whatever you are most comfortable with

Guys, I have a few questions.

I've read each muscle needs about 8-10 sets per workout, is this correct? I was always under the impression 3 or so is enough.

Also, which is better: 6 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 6, or example?

Hi everyone.
How long does it generally take girls to see differences in their body from weight lifting? Like muscle definition?

How many months would you say?

Thanks

Depends
Were you fat?
Were you skinny?
How much do you eat?
If you were skinny and try to bulk up the change is noticeable instantly.
If you were/are fat it all depends on your body fat and your current caloric intake.

>h is better: 6 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 6, or example?
Incorrect.
Also 3 sets of 5 is optimal.

I'm just average I guess
143 pounds and 5 foot 7
I eat around 2000 calories
I go gym 4-5 days a week

I've been training for a while, but only seriously training and eating well for almost 3 months now.

I can notice a little bit of change, but just wondering if I should be seeing more now or later.

Because if maybe if my progress is bad I should reconsider my routine and stuff

Depends on intensity, goal and training level

>>h is better: 6 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 6, or example?
>Incorrect.
So neither are correct? I just don't have heavy enough weights to feel tired after 5 reps.

Tho it is subjective a good rule of thumb is if your arms and shoulders are bigger than 50% of the guys in the gym it's unattractive. There is no limit for legs and glutes tho. If you train upper body once a week and lower body all other days you should be fineee, given you're not taking Var

I won't be able to go to the gym till early august.
What can I do to not lose this time?
I plan on doing couch to 5k, 50 pushups and learning chinups/pullups, maybe swimming if water in the lake gets warmer

My weight hasn't gone down in a week but I just started my period. Should I wait until after it's over to see if I need fewer calories?

Eat 3k a day holy shit only 2000?

wait why 3k a day?

Hello, Veeky Forums,
I have a 10kg dumbbell. Is it possible to make even some noob gains to my arms with that? If so, with what routine?

Thanks.

Good 3 day a week hypertrophy focused routine?

Simple answer?

You exercise a lot.

That a shit load of stuff to do daily. You Juicing?

Just rest, at a really heavy weight, just doing the compound is tiring enough. If you workout on rest days you're only accumulating fatigue

I know you have to eat a caloric surplus to gain muscle but how do you work that out?

Last year I was eating much bigger portions and I gained a lot of weight, and since last year ive dropped about 5 kg

How long should I be in the gym?

I'm doing strong lifts + assorted isolation and I usually wind up clocking in around 40 minutes, but I feel like I should be spending more time there.

Are you fucking stupid? Eat more to gain more. You're eating less and losing weight. God.

Push, Pull, Legs-abs

Work all rep ranges in your workouts. 3-5, 8-12, 15-20. Volume is key for hypertrophy, no you won't over train, use light weight beby for the volume.

After about an hour your body stops producing testosterone so I aim for that.

False.

Hows this for a routine? Any recommended adjustments or exercise replacements?
Have trained on and off for about 12 months and am currently eating a +200 cal surplus

But isn't only working a muscle group once a week not recommended?

rate routine

A1xB1xA2xxB2xA3xB3xx

A1 / A2 / A3
5x3 / 5x8 / 5x5 - Squat
5x8 / 5x5 / 5x3 - Press
5x5 / 5x3 / 5x8 - Deadlift

B1 / B2 / B3
5x8 / 5x5 / 5x3 - Front Squat
5x5 / 5x3 / 5x8 - Bench Press
5x3 / 5x8 / 5x5 - Row

5x3 = 80-85-90-80-80 %
5x5 = 70-75-80-70-70 %
5x8 = 60-65-70-60-60 %

Percentages like 531, i.e. based off Training Max, increase by 5-10lbs every cycle (2 weeks in this case).
Every workout also includes some chinups/pullups, Calf raises and abs/obliques

PPL is done twice a week.

Do you want to gain or lose fat?

Either eat less or eat more calories but make sure your protein intake is sufficient which is about 115grams/a day in your case.

I want to gain muscle

I do eat around that protein intake

Do i need to eat more calories? how much

Sorry

Post your routine.

My issue is that i can only get in the gym 3 days a week due to UNI, work and other commitments

Squat + deadlift In the same workout might suck. Why not put bench and row in A, and ohp and DL in B?

i just train
chest/tris
legs
back/bis
shoulder
legs2

You're gym likely opens at 6am and closes at 12. You can go more if you set your mind to it.

If you use some sort of progression, and do enough Volume using all rep ranges you will be fine.

Alternative is full body training 3 times a week but it will be a lot harder to balance out imo

I'm trying gain muscle 6ft 190lb this will work yes?

Yep. Eat more calories.

Go for 3k and see if you've gained or lose weight. If the latter, just eat more and if the former, just eat less. Simple as that.

I feel like im just going to get fat like i did earlier
but thank you for answer

If you can/want to train 3 times per week, a fullbody is your best option.
something like this (for exercise selection) Every day 1 Squat, 1 Press and 1 Pull - preferably a Barbell Compound or a variation thereof. Or weighted chins/dips for pull/press.
If doing only that is too little or too boring, the next type of exercises to add would be Dumbbell variations and bodyweight stuff (though not weighted, just for many reps) - bulgarian split squat, dumbbell bench, dumbbell row, ...
And only if you have actual obvious imbalances, you can do some isolation exercises.

It's not so much Volume (setsxreps) that's most important for hypertrophy but *number of sets*.
3x10 (30 total reps) is inferior to 5x5 (25 total reps).
And "a set" in this case is with at most 1-3 reps left in the tank.
Higher rep ranges are good for hypertrophy because you can go close to failure more easily and safely.

>core ery day
Is this good? I give my core rest days too.

I have this ''fatburner'' called ''GRENADE'', said to help with weight loss for fatties. To be taken in at least some time before or after training. Is it worth filling to cup of water to drink the pill with? Also, it contains caffeine, something i'm trying to cut down since i have insomnia.

What i want to know it; does it really help? I'm a fatty that wants to lose weight. I also have orlistate or whatever it's called, but it seems to only block fat from being absorved, which isn't healthy at all.

Assuming you're doing high volume, you won't gain as much fat.

you got memed my friend. supplements like that are bullshit and do basically nothing.
eat less + move more is all you need (and can) do to lose fat.

i cant lift super heavy because im weak
i try really hard but i dont want to go too heavy becuase then i wont be able to do many reps or proper form :/

anyway im just a failure and i will be a loser forever but thank you for answering

>no OHP
>deads and squats on the same day
>squats every workout
this looks even more t-rex mode than SS

>most important for hypertrophy but *number of sets*
>Higher rep ranges are good for hypertrophy
Is it not low reps but heavier weights? Lifting a weight you can do 10 sets of 10 with is surely inferior to a weight you can only do half as many reps with, or am I mistaken?

I'm quoting a fucking wikipedia article but it isn't wrong.

Strength training typically produces a combination of the two different types of hypertrophy: contraction against 80 to 90% of the one-repetition maximum for 2–6 repetitions (reps) causes myofibrillated hypertrophy to dominate[citation needed] (as in powerlifters, Olympic lifters and strength athletes), whereas several repetitions (generally 8–12 for bodybuilding or 12 or more for muscular endurance) against a submaximal load facilitates mainly sarcoplasmic hypertrophy[citation needed] (professional bodybuilders and endurance athletes).[2]

Progressive overload is one method of training used in muscle hypertrophy. Early muscle growth has been studied and has some association with the implementation of a muscle resistance training program.[3]

Sorry for being dumb, but can you actually gain by progressing the number of sets rather than the weight you're lifting then?

workload = weight x reps x sets
you can increase any of the three to increase workload

Press = OHP you fucking retard

Yes, but it's a fucking hassle if you're try to add more workload by only increasing the number of sets/reps instead of weight.

>DB Press 10x15 at 25lbs

Thanks guys. I don't have any weights bigger than what I'm using already so I'll add an extra rep and set each week.

Sorry but thats not quite right

Volume = time x reps x sets x weight

The study that proved the 3x12 method did it at a speed of 45 seconds per set. Important point not to forget.

bumping this

Thank you, friend.

What exercises were you going to do in each workout?

I'm 21, was a super late bloomer, and my facial hair is only starting to fill out now

If I use finasteride, will my beard fill out quicker? I'm at that awkward stage where if I grow it out I'll look like that retard frog from PLG

PPLxPPLx would be better if ur doing intensity/volume periodization

yah lol

>Push power
Barbell bench 3x5
Incline DB bench 3x6
OHP 3X5
Skullcrusher 3x6
Weighted dips 3x6

>Pull (p)
Bent over row 3x5
Lat pulldown 3x6
BB curl 3x6
Shrugs 3x12~16

>Leg (p)
Squat 3x5
DL 3x5
Leg press 3x10
Leg curl 3x6
Calf raise 3x10

>Push (hypertrophy)
Incline BB bench 4x12
DB flys 4x12
DB lateral raise; 4x12
Triceps pulldown (cable) 4x12
Push up elevated 4x12

>Pull (h)
Cable row 4x12
DB row 4x12
Incline DB curl 4x12
Pull up 4x12

>Leg (h)
Front squat 4x12
BB lunge 4x12
Leg extension 4x15
Leg curl 4x15
Calf raise 4x12

Plus, I try to add abs work 3 times a week, and cardio 3 times a week.

I know it would, but going to the gym on sunday is to much of a mess. Either I have to wake up super early, or the gym is way too crowded, hence the sunday as a fixed rest day...

I would just run them in the order you have written it down. In my opinion you have too much volume in your power workouts but you do you.

Is sodium bloat actually noticeable if you're above like 10% BF? I keep hearing anecdotes like "poor diet can give you a gut even if you're skinny" but I'm sceptical. Besides sodium I don't know what else could here constitute as "poor diet" unless if you had something like Crohn's or IBS.