Am I correct in thinking that 1pl8 is just the bar?

Am I correct in thinking that 1pl8 is just the bar?

My reason being that a single pl8 weighs 45, and so does an olympic bar.

Since both equal 45, it means that the bar = a pl8, and therefore 1pl8 = an empty bar

except for the part where no one counts the bar..?

so 1pl8 = no weight?

Well yeah, what did you think it was?

This. For 1 plate you'd just use the plate, the bar is for even numbers of plates.

The bar is a bar, it is not a plate

1pl8 = 1, 45 lbs plate on both ends
2pl8 = 2, 45 lbs plates on both ends
3pl8 = 3, 45 lbs plates on both ends

I was told that plates and bars could be used interchangeably as they weigh the same

Even though op is a troll, 1pl8 means 135lbs, 2pl8 means 225lbs, and 3pl8 means 315lbs.

that's only if you count the bar, which is why we developed the simpler system of counting plates instead.

Definitely no 135lb plates in my gym

Americans and their silly system

1pl8 = 60kg
2pl8 = 100kg
3pl8 = 140kg

No because you don't count the bar. So while 2 pl8 and 3 pl8 weight the same, in lifting terms 3 pl8 is heavier.

>how much do you OHP user?
>one plate
>how much do you bench?
>two plates
>how much do you squat?
>three plates
>how much do you deadlift?
Four plates

Nobody counts the bar. If they ask for the weight in pounds they're a faggot

I wonder if there are actually people who unironically don't count the bar.

You just decided for ??reasons?? that the initial 20kg doesn't count. It just doesn't. It's nothing. Zero. But after that the extra weight you put will weigh something. If you are benching just the bar then you aren't actually lifting anything up because it weighs absolutely nothing. Should be able to do to thousands of reps right?

Do you count the weight of your arms too? You're lifting them aren't you?

I'm using plates while saying how much I lift on Veeky Forums. Outside of this place I've never heard anyone using plates as measure.

Wtf r u niggers even talking about?

3bars is 1pl8

The bar is standard. You couldn't do the lift without it; it's included for fuck sake.

Anyone who counts the baar works out at a home gym, if you actually work out in a commercial gym you'll see that no one counts the bar.

No. When people say 1pl8, that means there is one plate on each side of the bar. The weight of the bar is then added to the total. One plate would be 45lbs on the right side, plus 45lbs on the left side, plus 45lbs for the bar, which is 135lbs.

You can argue that it doesn't make sense to you or you have a better way to saying it, but this is the agreed upon terminology the community decided on.

guess how I know that you're new

Because I don't go along with your new as fuck meme? This meme is like 2 weeks old and it's not funny.

>double the plates
>doesn't double the weight
???

No.

>>double the plates
>>doesn't double the weight
>???

this is because you are weak

My god...

>I have never done a linear progression program and am a huge retard

Ok bud