How much do you Deadlift?

40 lbs(on each side)
I'm new in deadlifts

1pl8 each side
Been lifting for two years

3 45lb plates on each side for 5 reps. My deadlift has stalled recently.

50lbs on each side. Just an exercise I never do but I'm starting to include it. Went from 30lbs on each side to 50lbs in about a months. Good progress imo

Uhhh
Dude you're doing something very wrong

Today I pulled my heaviest deadlift: 135 kg for a single

3pl8 within a fortnight tbfh

100kg x5 after 3 months of SS.

Current 5RM is 2 plates.

Only 155x5 working weight. Not sure of 1RM, probably around 160-165

But I'm a 5'6 grill who has been lifting for only a few months, hoping to hit 2pl8 DL in another month, maybe 2 months. It sucks not putting on muscle as fast as you guys.

120kg 4x8 romanian

340 for three reps@160

Also that puts me at en estimated one rep max of 363 but I could only get 330 for 1 rep when I tried. What gives? I have been eating very poorly and drinking a lot lately, could that be why?

Just realized how ridiculous I sound, trying to add 70lb to my diddly in 2 month. Make that 1 year. Lol

205 lbs was my Max so far, I haven't done them in a couple weeks, I'm afraid of hurting my back

I weigh 125 lbs so I don't know how good that is

5pl8 x 1, 4pl8 x 12 touch and go

6x45lb plates + 1x5lb plate + 1x2.5lb plate
on each side

Nice. How long lifting?

3 plates on each side = 120 kg
bar = 20 kg
chalk = idk, about 1 kg?
clamps = maybe 4 kg
My own body weight = 78 kg
Two squar meters of air = 2.6 kg
My hair = 2 kg
Totals out at 242 kg

180kg for 1, think I hurt my back thought so I'm deloading hardcore while I fix form, am sub 100kg for 3 sets of 6 atm about a year in. All my other lifts are awful sub 1pl8 bench sub 1pl8 squat almost 1pl8 ohp. Think it's because I did starting strength while cutting at like 1.5k deficit for most of the year lost like 35kg and the only lifts that went up were deadlift and pull ups. Whatever though I've got what I want from working out and now it's just for the endorphins and test.

1 rep? 625
3? 595
8? 505

>chalk = idk, about 1 kg?

3 years and 3 times a week. I always deadlifted and squated once a week. Stopped squatting half a year ago because my legs are too big. So basically I do only deadlifts for lower body and it is still dominating

Sounds like you had really shit form if the rest of your lifts were sub 1pl8 but your deadlift was 4pl8.

Chalk is a stone and stones are heavy you stupid fuck. Your brain doesn't recognize it as heavy because it's in powder form, but that's an illusion. 1 kg of chalk is way heavier than for example a kilo of flour even though they're both powders

Op here
I have been into deadlifts(and squats) for about a week. I started with 25 lbs each side.

How lond did it take you to deadlift so much?

kek

just deadlift 2 times a week and put some weight on every 1 - 2 weeks

this is bad advice

op just do SS

I've been lift for 4 weeks and in 100 kgr 5 rep

That is good? My arranged marriage soon and want to look big in the suit xD

he just asked what I did and I told him.

sorry

We're reaching levels of memery that I never thought possible

I just deadlift whenever I feel like it and have gotten to 3pl8 from 1.5pl8 over the course of 8 months with a hypertrophy routine that doesn't even have regular deadlifts in it. I also haven't been squatting for that matter (shit mobility, knee pain) but have been training legs to some extent. I'll probably have to get serious to start lifting heavier, but I don't think increasing your deadlift should be very hard in the beginning, that's my experience anyway.

240kg @ 100kg, which even though this thread is full of weakshits is actually pretty bad.

>12 touch and go
kys ego lifter

1pl8, been lifting for a week.

160kg at around 78kg.

Made my best progress doing 5/3/1 BBB recently, but generally if you progressively overload you can move up relatively quickly.

Hit 275 for 3 sets of 4 the other day. Bar was newer and a little tough to grip though. If I had a better grip, I bet I could do more. 1 rep Max is probably around 325

100kg. I've only been lifting properly since november.

4pl8 max, 5rm is 355. Lifting a little over a year, but had fuckaround-itis the first couple months

I do not bounce it nigga. Also, it teaches you to be tighter during the movement.
Your deadlift?

225x5

started lifting weights beginning of february

what the fuck i started at 1 pl8 2 months ago now i do 225

What the fuck is this shit? Please tell me you are joking.

Why would it be a joke? Seems reasonable for a new lifter.

What are you talking about, faggot?

Here comes the cunt

Fuck off. When I first started all I could manage was 1pl8

>Touch and go
>I do not bounce it

You don't deadlift it either. You can get more reps out of touch and go than actually deadlifting it properly.

And that is why I added my actual 1RM of about 225kg.
Also, last time I could get it for 11 without touch and go. I lower the weight very slowly unlike most faggots. So it actually is about as hard as normal reps for me, with twice the time under tension.

Fuck off

515 1rm

anywhere from 380-430 when doing volume work

>Time under tension

Nice meme friend.

I'm 100 kg and I've only been lifting since the start of this month

How many times a week do u deadlift? I do it 3 times a week and improve weight by 5kgs each time

Push yourself

3pl8 conventional, no belt, symmetric grip, yadda yadda yadda, doing this for a couple of years. 6'8" so bad levers

2pl8 RDL for reps

I weigh 95kgs. My pb a few weeks ago was 170kgs for 1

you fucking bastard, how have you been doing that?

Fuck I hate you from the bottom of my balls. Nice lift tho

200kg at around 77kg, been lifting for 2 yrs or so now

Lower reps
Higher weight

Actually my gf got a trainer for a bikini contest and I've been following her programme with her for support for the last 12 weeks. Push pull legs, 2 days on 1 day off, 3 rotations. Centres around 2 working sets most of the time of 10-12 at max effort and then 6-8 at max effort. Some drop sets and rest pauses here and there. Has actually given me mad strength gains. Went from general strength fuckery of doing either bench/squat/deadlift for low reps to this. Old bench PR was 107.5kgs for 1, not tested max for a while but bang out 100kgs for 6 on the reg these days.

TLDR SS doesn't last forever. If you're doing it (or something similar) more than maximum 2 years later you're fucking up.

you forgot that when you deadlift you're leg pressing the earth at same time

205 lbs

When I get to my last set, I notice my upper back begins to curl a little. Is this bad? My lower back is still straight.

335 romanian deadlifts for reps. Was doing 2pl8 RDLs for high reps once and my hook grip slipped. Some old goof told me to do mixed grip and I scoffed and said I only use superior natty taped hook grip and this old retard thought I was doing double overhand and said once I get to some real weights I will use mixed grip. Who the fuck uses mixed grip for romanian deadlifts? He also called them straight leg deadlifts even though I was starting from the top and not touching the floor with the plates

Just reached 2p x 5 on linear progression. Complete DYEL tho

I don't do deadlifts, i only rackpull.
I hate deadlifts because you can't do them more than 1 or MAYBE 2 times a week.
My goal is to get a broader back.

(You)

well, good for you. How you DL progressed over that programme?

5x130kg, 1x3pl8

2pl8 3x5. Been lifting for 3 months.

455 for 1 about a month ago

Tried doing sumo since then and now I can barely pull 3.5pl8 for 3
>inb4 fell for the sumo meme

same but that is my 1rm

170kg for 5 reps
4pl8 awaits me.

Bench and OHP are far behind tho... 85kg bench and 57.5kg OHP

How many sets do people do?

I do 4x5 atm but my lower back is so weak for the next 2 days so I think it's too much. I know SL says only do 1x5 but the reasoning for that is that it's the last lift having done squats already.

190kg 1RM

2pl8 on each side

who here /snatch grip diddies/
150kg rn wya nIBBBas

Stuck at a 365 1rm for a while. Adding volume and eating more to break it

Same been lifting for a few years, but i've got a bad back, and only just now got back into diddly.

>do 160kg for a double today
>meant to do for 5 then work up but felt my form failing after 2 reps
>bail half way through 3rd rep and turn round to storm off in an autistic rage
>notice several guys in the mirror who were clearly watching

I swear anythig over 2pl8 impresses people in commercial gyms. Meanwhile when I'm rowing over 2pl8 or ohping over 1pl8 nobody pays any attention, they have no concept of anything other than absolute weight.

170kg
been lifting for a bit over a year

deadlifts are dogshit
humans operate in transverse plane most often in reality
ask any anthropologist and they will tell you humans evolved to run and throw
not use spine as lever
you have way too much leverage on deadlift anyway does not replicate parabolic force you would face when lifting real object

lmao

>all these weakshits

ORM is 510lbs at 72kg bodyweight.

>tfw been following powerlifting programs throughout my entire time lifting
>still dyel as fuck except my legs

Heavy deadlifts mean nothing. I should have just gone for aesthetics since the beginning

106 kg x 5 reps, two month lifting.
I'm 92 kg. It's this good?

Fuck off and stop shitposting in everyone's threads

I just saw you in the thread about weighted dips

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS NEW EACH SIDE MEME

A lot of new lifters think you include the bar in your numbers. By stating how much weight is added on each side of the bar, this confusion is removed.

210kg @ 85 kg bw

low quality bait
fuck off

>Anything over 2pl8 impresses people
>Meanwhile when I'm rowing over 2pl8 nobody pays any attention

starting doing my first deads today only managed 2x5 40kg 3x5 60kg

Do you count the bar?

I'm new and what the fuck does 2pl8 mean

To answer OP's question: 40 kgs, as I said I'm new fuck you

Way too many sets.

You include the bar. The bar itself weighs 100 lbs

It means two 45-pound plates (or 20kg) placed on each side of the bar

2pl8 = 225lbs total (weight of the plates plus weight of the bar)

Depends on the gym.
There are more guys benching 2pl8 at my gym than diddling 2.

2 plate refers to the amount of Kcals you would need to eat to move the weight equivalent based on stored energy and gastric timing. I don't have the formula handy but it's somewhere in the sticky

You what

I can't tell if this is a joke, why don't you guys just say fucking 225 lbs then, like where the fuck does the 8 in 2pl8 come from

>100 lbs
>2017
>Still using a woman's bar