What's the scoop on pre-diabetes?

What's the scoop on pre-diabetes?

Was recently diagnosed and I've been doing some research.

From the research I've been doing, some people refer to it as something like a "warning" that can magically go away and everything is normal again if you take care of yourself.
However, others refer to it as full diabetes (or Stage 1) and taking care of yourself makes it "dormant" which implies it's there forever.

So I ask again, what's the truth on this condition?

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Type 1 diabetes only accounts for about 5%-10% of people with diabetes and isn't caused by being a fatass. Not much toy can do about it and it almost always appears in early childhood or during teen years.

The other 90%+ of diabetes is from fatties who think that drinks like sweet tea, soda and orange juice are real food. It is reversible through diet and exercise.

Just do intermittent fasting and avoid sugar for like a year to be safe, OP.

it happens before diabetes.

>reversible
Too bad it can't be cured.
"Reversible" sounds like going through life with a bandaid on you and making sure nothing touches it.
I hope it gets cured in the near future, but I doubt it.

I'm aware of that, lol.

>Too bad it can't be cured.

You obviously don't understand what diabetes is

But type 2 diabetes is reversible, though. "Curable" is playing semantics when once literally all of your symptoms are gone.

When you have normal blood glucose levels, which can be achieved through weight loss, diet and exercise, then the diabetes ceases to be a factor.

Even if you take care of yourself, it's still there forever.

KYS idiot t1d cant BE cured. You are on Medicine for the rest of tour life.

Take lots of vitamin D
Use a keto type diet
Exercise

Become normal.

Also, to add context.
My Hemoglobin A1C level was 5.8%.
It's low level pre-diabetes, but I am still concerned.
I've changed my diet already and ran every day resulting in me losing 9 pounds in like 10 days.

I was scared that losing that amount of weight in a short period of time was a sign of the real diabetes because "sudden weight loss" is a diabetes symptom.

I hear mixed opinions on keto. Some say it helps, others say it contributes to insulin resistance in the body.

Why would keto contribute to insulin resistance?

Fat sack of shit.

Drink only water and black coffee/tea. Cut out sugar, exercise regularly. Eat generally "healthy" food

K thnx

If you're full blown type 2 then keto will have a lesser effect.

But being pre-type 2 it will have an impact .

>intensivedietarymanagement.com/

Read this guy's website. He is a doctor who specializes in treating diabetes.

Also his book about fasting is good and talks a lot about diabetes.

tl;dr: of his who website is: the keto diet and intermittent fasting are both effective at treating diabetes type 2.

*whole website

He was talking about t2d you mongrel memelord. t1d is indeed medicine hell, but t2d is reversible/curable.

Think of diabetes as a combination of two big things:
1. Your pancreatic isles producing too little insulin
2. Your body being unable to use the amount of insulin you produce to keep your glucose levels down (resistance)

Pre-diabetes just mean that any combination of both factors is happening in and you aren't diabetic but might become.

If you needed 30 units of insulin a day to keep your glucose levels stable, then got fat, your resistance to insulin gets higher so for the same amount of carbs now you would need 34 units a day. You also started eating more carbs, leading you to need 38 units a day. The problem is that your body can work just fine making 36 units a day. When your needs got to 34 it was manageable. When it got to 36 it was borderline but okay. After 37 your glucose levels are above the "normal" reference value.

Pre-diabetes basically means that your glucose levels are above the "normal" levels but still bellow the threshold for diabetes.

In the previous example, if you slimmed down you could reduce your resistance and by controlling your carbs intake you reduce the glucose amount entering in all the time. If you get your daily needs to 32, by instance, you just aren't pre-diabetic anymore as your body can make 36 units a day if needed.

Just do cardio and stop eating so much simple carbs (spike in insulin secretions lead to long term insulin resistance and beta isles cell death).

With time you will get inevitably fatter, exercise less and your secreting cells will die so you are at a higher risk for diabetes but it is not an alarming issue now. Diabetes isn't the worst thing in the world if you control it earlier, before any important damage happens, and isn't the average burgerian.

>With time you will get inevitably fatter, exercise less and your secreting cells will die so you are at a higher risk for diabetes..
I'm gonna get worse despite exercise and healthy eating?

Did they give you.some medication?
I got prescribed Dabex xr and to go to a nutriologist, am at 6%

20-30 years from now. You cannot escape the belly unless you are on some hardcore diet.

Cut sugary out of your diet. Lose weight. Only eat high fibre low gi carbs. Lose weight.
Get more active. Long walk every evening minimum. But don't jump into full Olympian volume athleticism, you won't stick with it. Lose more weight.

I don't like what you're saying and I would like a source(s), but I accept it as a possibility. Still, I refuse getting the full disease.
I want to take care of myself and I have been since I was diagnosed two weeks ago as of this post.

No, they just told me to take care of myself and exercise.
It's strange how they see "prediabetes" as no big deal.
It is a big deal and I'm taking it seriously.

I don't know. I'm ignorant on the matter, it's just other posters on this board fight amongst themselves (especially if you look at the Veeky Forums archives) about Keto diets.

Im on the same boat my friend, my parents and grandparents told me " we are all prediabetic its k" but i know this is not ok and nobody listens, change your habits, tell your social circule about it so they support you too
We are all gonna make it

My dad got diagnosed as pre-diabetes 10 years ago and my mom has been taking care of his meals ever since. To this day he's not fully diabetic. I'm gonna take a cue from her lessons in cooking as well as my own learning about healthy meals.
It's just the doctors are like "oh, just eat healthy and exercise". They make it seem like it's not a bad thing.

Are you sure about that? I'm sure there's loads of people diagnosed with prediabetes and never become full diabetics.

What type of exercises?
Lifting and cardio?

I appreciate it, friend.
I'll look at it.

Gotcha. Would you recommend jogging/running or just long walks in the mornings?

your body maybe hyper reactive to certain carbohydrates. some people go into pre-diabetes blood sugar levels from eating a potato.

I'm definietly taking out carbs and low calorie diets.

I'm already taking up healthy cooking with my mom's tutelege

The reasons doctors just say "eat healthy and excercise" is because A) it's really that simple, and B) most can't even handle that, and the doctors know it, so they don't bother being tough on their patients who have a 95% chance of just continuing their shitty lifestyle and getting worse.

Lose weight. This only really happens to fat people, so you only have yourself or your fat/enabling family to blame.

t. only person without (pre)diabeties in my family

Okay :(

What are you implying?

What about "Whole Wheat" bread?