Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this execercise in the ass

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this execercise in the ass

help a noobiedub pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a_gLYLFkjiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

time to drop that shit program

shit programme, 3x5 is FAR SUPERIOR for novice lifters

5x5 is ok for an absolute beginner but afgter a month or two you should drop it to 3x5 because 5x5 becomes too much work too quickly basically requiring 10-15 full intensity work sets per workout

Nice digits. With that out of the way it's possibly time to reduce to 3x5 (like the program tells you to do). Microplates also help a lot on OHP, just buy some washers if you don't have access to any.

I really don't understand all this debating over "programs."

Can't I just go to the gym, pick up heavy shit, eat, sleep, and get stronger?
Why do I have to read and choose between all these programs? If I do the exercise and gradually add more weight once the previous weight becomes easy, won't that work?

never go to failure unless it is your last set. always leave 1-2 reps in the tank. what i mean with this is if you do 5 sets of OHP and on your first set you could do 5 reps, then only do 3. why? if you go to almost failure of 5 reps, on your next set you won't be able to do 5 again and will probably run out of gas at 4 or even less. basically the picture that you linked. in that picture you did a total of 18 reps.

what you do instead is leave 1-2 reps in the tank like i said above. doing 5 sets of 4 reps is still 20 total reps which is better than what you did. never go to failure on your first set because you will only ruin the rest of the sets plus you are going to do them with bad form.

don't forget to rest at least 5 min. experiment with this because everyone is different. it takes anywhere from 3-10 min to replenish around 90% of ATP. as i increased my weight so did my rest time. before i even reached 1pl8 on OHP i was resting around 3-5 minutes but after i passed 1pl8 i had to rest at least 7 min or else i couldn't do it. find what works for you.

also look up prilepin table and learn it. it's simple to understand and a very strong tool so you know that you are putting enough stress on your body so you are indeed becoming stronger.

also 5x5 is pretty shit once you get to decent weight since 3x5 or even 2x5 is enough to force adaptation. like i said, look up prilepin table.

ye that'll work just fine, but then we'd run out of things to shitpost about.

Stop doing SL5x5.
It's fucking terrible at managing deloading. Why would dropping weight and doing less volume work in getting you stronger? Pro tip: It doesn't.

Do anything with AMRAP sets. They're better at helping you rebuilding after a deload.

People both -over and underthink this. Progress comes from challenging yourself with gradually increased intensity and/or volume. The upside of programs is that they make it easy to do so in a structured manner, so that you don't end up like curlbros doing the same shit all day every day, or do too much too fast and get injured. The downside is that some people think the program is gods word, and won't use their own brain to make it fit them.

You could but don't expect good progress if you just do random exercises. Also you won't be able to add weight every single time after a few months.

Beginner programs are over very fast (6-12m at most) and after that you need to pay attention and manage your fatigue and also start doing some assistance exercises so you can smoothly progress on your main lifts. Most intermediate programs have all of those things worked into them so you don't have to worry about it.

If you haven't been lifting for at least a few years you don't know shit and making your own routine is bad idea. Pick a program that is proven to work.

Why would you do 5 reps on the shoulders? They don't respond well in low rep ranges, I need 10+ to start feeling the burn.

>assuming "burn" has anything to do with it

It works just as well with many sets, seeing as it's mostly about volume (and pressing does seem to respond particularly well to that), but then he'd have to use weight he can handle for all the sets. Also, feeling the burn indicates nothing as far as progress is concerned.

thanks for the advice bros

The fact you hit 5 on your first set screams out that you didn't had enough rest between sets, and/or it's all in your head

I recommend varying your main excercises.

Do push-press sometimes, dumbbell clean&jerks etc

>dumbbell clean & jerks
LOL

This. Take a day rest in between sets and you should make that 5x5 ez

I used 5x5 to get from the bar to 135lb in 5 months exactly

if anything this sounds like too much volume, the shoulders get a lot of stimulation from the back day and the chest day, i personally just add a couple of mid/high rep sets after those to finish them off, same with my biceps, traps etc

>mfw 1.5/2/2.5/3.5

>50kg
including the bar ?

>including the bar ?
what do you think I am a peasant? of course not. you cannot lift without the bar. you cannot lift with the weight on only one side, either. 50 kg of either side of the bar.

>dumbbell clean&jerks etc
How the fuck would this work

Nice quads. Also I found that squeezing my flutes and core helped me. Also someone told me you are supposed to "look through the window you are opening."

yes. im 6 weeks in.
19yo 78kg 6'0

barbell presses are bad for your rotator cuff, enjoy your tear suckers

>tfw arnold press because I am a weight lifting hipster

DYEL

I unironically love Arnold press.

stand against a wall and have your ass lower back and scapula against the walls
raise your hands over your head and place the backs of your hands on the wall
if any part of your body leaves the wall, you need to work on flexibility.
could be lats, could be other muscles, this is harder to determine.

flexibility is overlooked, and can ruin your OHP form

it's okay, i'll keep lifting while you get injured and regress back to dyel mode by the time your shoulder heals :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=a_gLYLFkjiw

Nice shilling fag

>stand against a wall and have your ass lower back and scapula against the walls

Oh yeah good idea to back off several meters from the squat rack

it's a flexibility test not an example of how to OHP ?

Just tried this and passed the test, thank God because I just hit 2pl8 OHP

gratz

Literal retard

>He does OHP in the squat rack

dont make fun those little african boys, they do their best