Do nothing but OHP

>Do nothing but OHP
>Get told by Veeky Forums that my shoulders are DYEL mode
>Start doing lateral raises as well
>Get told by Veeky Forums I have good delts and naturally wide shoulders

Did anyone else fall for the "OHP is all you need for shoulders" meme?

>doing OHP in stronglifts
>seeing hardly no shoulder gains

so i need to include lateral raises?

Is it better to go as heavy as i can in the 5-7 rep range or should I go lower weight/higher reps?

I do 10-20 reps

Never go really heavy it quickly turns into you tossing the weights up using mostly your traps. For lat raises stick to around 12 reps or so, do them slowly and controlled, but make sure to actually fatigue the muscle(obviously)

i have this broscience theory that muscleparts who are constantly in movement and under preasure react better to high reps rather than 3x5 or whatever
like calves, shoulders, wrists perhaps etc

Do some face pulls faggot.

OHP + lateral raises + rear delt flys

there you go, all you need.

You're a retard if you train front deltoids considering theyre the most overworked muscle in the entire body

Behind the neck presses, face pulls and lateral raises are the perfect combination for big, powerful delts.

OHP is a full body strength and function exercise and deserves recognition for that, not as a shoulder builder. There are better shoulder builders if you have the mobility for them.

You have bad shoulder genetics.

This. My front delts are way bigger than my side and rear delts because of all the pressing I do. When I see people doing front raises I just think "why?"

not the guy you quoted but im doing an upper/lower split. what's a good rep range assuming i do 3-4 sets of each exercise on different upper days?

I do 3x5 for OHP and the rest 3x8(as heavy with good form that I can)

it really doesnt matter if its 5 reps or 12 as long as its the heaviest you can perform those reps/the last rep is the last one you can perform
it's been proven and shown in a lot of studies, I prefer doing more reps and ligther weight on acessories but still bringing it to failure like you do in those 3x5 where the last rep is really the last rep you can do

Also how do I properly do lateral raises? Most people do them with their arms straight out and at their sides, but other people say you should lean forward a bit so your hands are in front of your legs?

post pictures before & after adding in lateral raises

What are you opinions on seated shoulder dumbell presses in the 5x5 range? Currently doing 60lb dumbbells.

You fucking nailed it. My shouldersare popping out like crazy amd the only time i isolate them is lateral raises at 3×20 with 10lb dumbells

Shoulders need heavy work (OHP) as well as lighter isolation movements. The shoulder is actually made of 7 different muscles and you need variation to hit them all effectively.

I always do incline bench shoulder raises to end my workout. Using a 15 lb dumbbell I do sets of 10 out in front, behind my back and then at a 45 degree angle to hit the shoulder from every angle.

>Did anyone else fall for the "OHP is all you need for shoulders" meme?
Yes, me too

Dog, I've had the exact same experience.

Are rear delt flies and facepulls the same muscle?

pretty true

This

One arm dumbbell press is the goat.

>Able to do 80lb dumbbell shoulder press
>Told my girl that my shoulders weren't attractive
>Started doing lateral raises
>"user, you have such massive shoulders"

I haven't stopped doing lateral raises

You're probably doing OHP wrong.

But a lot comes down to bone structure and muscle insertion points.

Some lifts are better for certain things for certain people.

My shoulders respond very well to both.

I just do
3-5x3-5 OHP
4-5x10-20 Lu raises with baby weight

shoulders+traps are goat

lean forwards bend your elbows and knees slightly and DO NOT raise your elbows above your shoulders because you will snap your shit up

>Adding volume works

wow you should be a scientist!!!!

enjoy your fat supraspinatus and your impigment you fucking fagot
>7 different muscles

>all these people haven't been doing lateral raises already

r u dumb?

How do I add snatch presses into my routine (Greyskull LP)?
I can do 43 kg for 8 reps and symmetric strength tells me that makes me "proficient" (1 rep max would be 55kg apparently) although I've only tried them once and have only been liftan for 6 weeks. Also I've heard they're great for rear delts/traps and not nearly as harmful as some people pretend.
I'm thinking of rotating them with Dips (do dips on OHP days and Snatch Press on Bench days), keeping the reps high (probably 8). Would that be ok or are they too similar to OHP? Would really like to do those as it seems like I'd be good at them.

Yea been thinking bout that too.
My lifts are shit tho so once I get good numbers and my calves/traps/forearms are still shitty I'll prob increase reps.

its not broscience, its slow twitch vs fast twitch muscle fibers.
Slow twitch fibers are the ones that are designed to work for hours on end. These are your shoulders, your traps, your calves, your forearms and hands and feet. So if they are deigned to work for long times, then you have to work them with little weight for a long time in order to see volume growth.
Why do you think swimmers have such good shoulders? because they use them to swim for HOURS on end, everyday.

Fast twitch muscles are the ones designed to produce much more force, but they fatigue much more easily. So triceps, biceps, quads hamstrings etc etc.
These muscles respond better to explosive workouts, lots of weight, but less repetitions, since they fatigue more easily.

read more into it, do not believe me just because I said something that complies with what yu believe.

This does not epply to people who consume anabolic steroids.

S N A P B O I Z

>its not broscience
>proceeds to spout broscience

dyel detected

no that is just textbook broscience