Rate my Push Day Routine

Chest, Tris, Shoulders

Dynamic Stretching

(1) Machine Warmup 2 x 8-12 (every machine @ 60-70% max)

(2) Barbell Bench Press 5 x 6-8
(3) Dumbell Bench Press 3 x 8-12
(4) Dumbell Flys 3 x 8-12

(5) Dumbell Overhead Press 3 x 6-8
(6) Dumbell Lateral Raises 3 x 8-12
(7) Dumbell Front Raises 3 x 8-12

(8) Cable Tricep Pushdowns 3 x 8-12
(9) Cable Flys 3 x 8-12

(10) Machine Burnout Dropsets 3 x F (every machine)

(11) Pushups 1 x F

Static Stretching

pls respond

This many sets, this much volume. You better roid nigga or you are wasting your time.

I've been hitting this routine twice a week for almost two years and have been steadily increasing my weight and strength ...

Do you think I should eliminate a particular excercise or just cut back my sets on each by one?

Ditch the machine warmup because they don't target your stabilizers anyway. Do some light band pull aparts instead.
Stop doing bench press with pussy ass weight. Do 3x5 or 5x5 and go HEAVY with 5min rest inbetween sets. Don't complain about lack of volume because you've got a shit load of it anyways.

Ditch the front raises because your front delts get stimulated in every push exercise your doing anyway, do some rear delt work instead to avoid snap city.

Take the cable flyes out at the end and do some more triceps work.

I'd also do Bb bench first then OHP second and THEN db bench to give your chest some rest so you can hit it harder.

@ every machine...

Thanks for the serious response. I'll try this out.

If he's highly red fibre dominant, eating a lot and sleeping at least 8 hours a day, he can do it without roids.

>working out for 2 years
>on this shitty routine

really wews my lad

Post your CBT and I'll post mine, I guarantee I look better.

can some give me tips on maximizing my push days as well?

1) 5x5 BB bench
2) 3x8-12 OHP
3) 3x15 DB press SS -> 3x10 DB flies
4) 3x5-8 tricep pushdown
5) 3x15 lateral raise
6) 3x15 overhead tricep extension
7) 3xF dips

rate my current push day

heavy bench 5 x 3
weighted dips 5 x 5-8
dumbbell bench 5 x 7-8
Cable Flyes 5 x failure
Skullcrushers 5 x 5-8
Tricep push-downs 5 x 10

I shoulders on leg day

are you, by any chance, one of those lanky faggots who spends 2 hours around the cabletrash and everytime I ask for a bench spot you fucking steal my gains and help me pull the bar up?

machine warm up is a waste of time, just warm up on bench with lighter weights

I'd say lat raises and front raises don't give you much bang for the buck. Why not do barbell overhead press instead?

I would like at least two exercises for triceps so add in skullcrushers if you want

machine burnout dropsets? no thanks. if you can still do these at the end means you didn't go heavy or intense enough in the previous exercises.

I'm 5'11 205 ... might be a manlet by Veeky Forums standards but no, I'm not a lanklet.

ok but can you stop FUCKING STEALING MY GAINS ON BENCH CHRIST

Alright, I'll add some tricep movements and drop machines from my routine completely then see how it goes.

Thanks.

I think you can do machine bench or machine overhead press if you want, but doing dropsets on EVERY machine is a bit extreme and time-consuming

How long do these sessions take you??

I usually don't have much room in my routines for machines but whenever I use them I get crazy soreness since my muscles are "confused"

I'm usually in the gym on average for about 75-90 minutes any given day, regardless of muscle group. I tend to keep my sessions around 75 if the gym is packed.

I agree with you that front raises are a meme, but saying lat raises aren't good is imho not accurate.

Front delts are hit on every press, and OHP hits the front delt primarily – boulder shoulders are built from impressive lateral delts, which lat raises hit hard.

So ditch front raises & machines, and add tricep excercises.

Will do. Thank you Veeky Forums.

Not him but
Looks =/= strength

Probably not what you are going for though. I'd include ohp right after the bb bench press and do push ups as a warm-up instead of the machine.

Fair enough.