QTDDTOT

Old thread is almost kill.

Any tips/recommendations for a clean bulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qg3r4zZE_k
youtube.com/watch?v=PGAntbDQ6Xg
youtube.com/watch?v=b8b_lg2z8Nc
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
earthinginstitute.net/pain/
youtube.com/watch?v=GFH3dXANut4
amazon.com/Earthing-Body-Band-Kit/dp/B06X9F98BT/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1491042823&sr=1-3&keywords=earthing)
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index
youtube.com/watch?v=entUXhcgt3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are you supposed to gain some fat after starting to work out, i can see the muscle gains in the legs, but I've also noticed gains in the abdomen and no weight loss in the face, do i need to reduce calories? Im eating about 1800-2200 a day, no cheat days

Absolutely. If you eat a surplus of calories, which you need to gain strength, you will also gain fat. Nothing wrong with it as long as you do 20-30 mins of cardio 1-2 times a week.

Ever since I hurt my back I've become bored of my life. My disc is Bulged I've been in and out of physical therapy. I am not able to carry groceries without pain the next day. My mother has to help me out with the groceries. I feel like my life is over. I've been contemplating suicide. I feel useless I want go write this to see if anyone on this website understands how I'm feeling. It's a long shot but I was so happy working with out and getting fit. I can't even get erections anymore or feel any joy. I dony know what to do.

I just want to be able to walk without pain anymore. I miss being happy if feels foreign. Please I'm begging anyone for advice. I don't expect much more than haha snap city posting anyway but I've tried everything...... I'm so desperate

When I do planks I feel it way more in my shoulders than my core why is this? It doesnt matter how I position my arms I always feel it more in my shoulders

you can finally live the dream of watching anime all day brother, and I'll watch it with you... n-no homo...

Oh it's all I do to escape the pain... It's the only thing that makes me feel something when I'm not laying in pain or getting yelled at for not sucking it up from my mother... I wish I could enjoy it more bro. No homoe

I don't want anyone else to suffer like I am. I wish someone would just get it over with and kill me.

I've heard that it is possible to lose weight and gain straight if your still new (used to lift years ago but stopped due to going overseas for school, started lifting again for about 2 months).

Was about 178 a month and a half ago, currently at 169 (shoes on)

Almost at 1,5bench /2 squat/ 2.75 dead and still gaining strength

You might not be holding your torso flat enough, making your body kind of an arch or dip supported by your arms and feet rather than a plank supported by your core.

Pic related might help you get a feel for really engaging your core muscles, starting from a hands-and-knees position, and pushing away from the ground with the tops of your feet to come into a hovering position. Rather than supporting your body as if it's a heavy thing pushing down on your limbs, focus instead on pushing the floor away from you to engage your muscles.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qg3r4zZE_k

youtube.com/watch?v=PGAntbDQ6Xg

opiates, you actually need them, fuck it if you get addicted, youll probalby need them forever and ur experience the worst of it

go to a chiropractor

Idk bro I don't want to be some junkie Ie legit blow my brains out of my head before I become an addict.

All I have is a barbell and an ez bar. Anything I can replace all this dumbbell stuff with?

now this might seem to be a real brain buster.
But maybe you could do BB or EZ bar curls?

Was referring more to the lateral raises

I went on a keto diet for about 2 months about half a year ago, if I went back on it now will it take me less time to get into ketosis?

Guys I went to the gym after a month. Did back/bicep. Now my lower bicep and the upper forearm are so fucking stiff i can't even extend my arm competely. What to do?

do one side at a time with ez bar or tie a strap around two plates and grab the strap.

Don't neglect your cholesterol intake

I've been on SS for 3 months and still progressing little by little.
I'm a bit scared because of all the memeing about it though, should I change to something like this or continue SS until I stall?

user. You sound like you are at the end of your rope. Yes? If so, keep that in mind as I suggest what I believe, from anecdotal, scientific, and person experience may help you. Earthing.

Here's a documentary on is set in small-town alaska (working class people, not hippy-dippy upper middle class people): youtube.com/watch?v=b8b_lg2z8Nc

Here's a collection of studies on the topic the result of which show real promise: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

And here's the DiY vid I used to make my own mat because I didn't have 120 dollars lying around: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

I've been earthing on my mat for 6 day and its increased my muscle recovery time, temperature control (I can take cold shower and go outside in this north carolina heat now). I didn't have a bulged disc but in the documentary there i a guy, working class down-to-earth, who had a military injury for like 20 years and after earthing for a time (it's unclear how long, less than 90 days, he had full mobility of his arm again that he would previously struggle to life above the top of his head. Please, for your sake, keep an open mind, take in the testimonials, anecdote, and studies and give it a try. I was able to make two mats (one for me and my mother) for about $35 using the DiY video. very easy. Only tools I needed were a box razor to splite and desheath the speaker wire and some scissors to cut the aluminum screen to length.

Anotha one. This is all anecdotal but I'm don't believe anecdotal should be code for worthless. Maybe something in here will inspire you to give this a try. Maybe someone's words will echo your own experience. In that hope, i link this page of testimonials from people who specifically experience pain (back, neck, spinal, bursitis, knee, joint etc.) and have experience relief from Earthing. earthinginstitute.net/pain/

you didn't link the diy vid, can you link it please user this looks promising

Oops, yeah. Here's the DiY video: youtube.com/watch?v=GFH3dXANut4

how long should you lie on the mat for & how many times a day?

Been going to the gym for about a month now. Really enjoying it. When ever I do squats, my left arm goes numb. I have a gym bro that is always there that has been going for years and he says my form is ok. What am I doing wrong

As much as possible, be in contact with it. Definitely while sleeping. I'm a NEET atm (mental/sleep issues I'm in the process of correcting) so I'm able to spend all day on it, except when exercising or when I'm outside, because I sleep and do all my indoor activites on the floor.

If you've got the money on top of the ~$35 for the two mats worth of material, I would buy something like one of those earthing arm/body bands which are $40 on amazon (link: amazon.com/Earthing-Body-Band-Kit/dp/B06X9F98BT/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1491042823&sr=1-3&keywords=earthing) so you can continue to earth on the computer or while making food or whatever activities you.

If I spent any time at all off the mat on a regular basis, I would definitely buy the linked item because its a great cost/value ratio. An armband, bodyband, 2 connectors, and an outlet tester.

One more thing. I read a testimonial by a guy who had joint pain all through his body and he bought those little pads you can stick to your feet and he got relief but only up his legs up to his hips, and not his upper body. I'm not sure if that same limitation due to contact applies to things like mats but just to be sure I make sure to get contact on my lower body (calves) and upper boy (arms and torso).

If you go with the aluminum screen like I did, some initial maintenance is needed. Like mentioned in the video, the edges can be grabby because of excess tips of aluminum.

Have you ever bent a paper clip back and forth until I snapped? Well that's what i had to do up and down the sides of the sheet so it would stop poking me, even sometimes through the tape. I've been completely satisfied ever since doing that.

Also get strong duct tape. I got 3/5 strength grade duct tape and had to keep reapplying it until I decided to iron it a little hoping it would melt a bit, solidify and create a stronger bond. That worked but seeing as you haven't bought your supplies yet, just get max strength duct tape.

Are OHP, Close-grip bench, squats, deadlifts, pull-ups, rows, curls, skullcrushers, dumbbell bench and hyper extensions the only exercises i need?

I can't do a full ROM pullup properly, but my gym has one of those assisted pullup/dip stations. Should i use that and gradually try and use less and less assistance weight until i can?

That's what i do plus dips, minus hyper's.

Watch it:
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

Is your wrist neutral when you grip the bar?

my back and shoulder have grown but I have wide hips, yes there is some fat over them but still. I look like a fucking fish bit the middle part between the hips and the last? like an X. how do I fix this

Ok, I'm so I'm a chubby/fat grill (140lb at 5'4")
I'm losing weight but at an excruciatingly slow pace cause otherwise I end up wanting to eat everything because I have no self control
I have basically no lifting experience, fuck all muscle mass

All that considered, can I gain strength/muscle mass whilst cutting very very slowly? Noobgains etc? Trying to decide what my goals should be but I have no fucking clue

I need a critique for my work out plan

MON
benchpress
+any chest exercise
squat
+any leg exercise
chinups
+any back exercise

TUE
military press
+any shoulder exercise
dips
+any arm exercise
plank
+any ab exercise

WED
rest

THU
Dumbell Pres
+any chest exercise
Squats
+any leg exercise
Deadlifts
+any back exercise

FRI
Military press
+any shoulder exercise
Dips
+any arm exercise
Planks
+any ab exercise

SAT
rest/cardio
SUN
rest

all exercises 3 sets 6-8 reps. I keep the core exercises consistent and then alternate between the variable exercises to keep the body guessing.

inb4 bentover rows, I have a shitty back.

is stronglifts a good routine for a beginner or should i stick to a ppl routine that i made ?

So I've been lifting 6 months, didn't take care too much about protein intake until I read the sticky.

Right now I'm cutting, 175 cm for 74kg.

My diet consist of :

Breakfast
-one glass of orange juice
-one bowl of cereals and milk

Lunch
-sandwich with one slice of ham, salad, three slice of tomato
-100g greek yogurt

Dinner
-300g rice
-salad
-200g chiken breast
-100g greek yogurt
-one orange.

I feel like i'm not eating right.
How can I improve my diet? Due to work I can't afford to prepare whole meal for breakfast and lunch.

id add more eggs, nuts, avocado, broccoli, salmon etc

cereal for breakfast is a shitty option

i prefer to reduce carbs and increase protein when im cutting. just heaps of eggs and lean meat, protein keeps you satiated for a long time and just stack a ton of veggies on the side to help keep you full (fibre) + nutrients

>otherwise I end up wanting to eat everything because I have no self control
Keto would solve that and speed up your weight loss and muscle gain because you would readily use your body fat for fuel.

Yes. Eggs. See

>variable exercises to keep the body guessing
That is nonsense.

But if it makes you happy, go for it. Your routine should still work since you're doing your core exercises.

Fat storage and bone structure are genetic unfortunately. Best you can do is try to cut fat, maybe add more back and shoulder muscle to balance it out.

>stronglifts a good routine
Some pitfalls but generally a good routine for absolute beginners.
>a ppl routine that i made
Most probably not as good.

You can still do a PPL if you want to, perhaps a well established one and not one you've made up. Though I still recommend running SL/SS/Reg Park's for 2-3 months as a beginner.

cartons of egg whites

What program should I follow after constant stalling with SS?

>tfw homegym
Available equipment:
>Adjustable bench + halfrack
>EZ bar & very light DB's
>dip and pullup bars

Thought about doing sheiko and throwing out the exercises which require unavailable equipment, but that wouldnt be sheiko anymore...

if you liked SS then TM is a natural continuation. it's hard as balls, but it gives good, consistent results for several months

Is it easier to become a big guy if you're already overweight than to become a small guy?

is a heavy bag workout worth it on off days? If so, can anyone recommend a good routine for a beginner?

>off day
>workout
Pick one. An off day is when you don't do shit but recover. If that isn't what your off days are then imo your workout days are not where they should be unless you're happy with your body already and are just maintaining.

TM? What does that stand for?

today during my OHP I felt a sharp, stinging pain on the top/front of my right shoulder. now it hurts to try to lift my arm up, even without weights in it, but it's okay when I keep it down or dont move it. will resting it be enough or should I go see a doctor?

Texas Method

What are some good exercises for middle Delta?

Probably pulled a tendon. Take a break/deload that muscle group.

Since it happened today- if there is inflammation/swelling you can use a cold pack.

Long term, you can apply heat+massage to improve recovery. Might take a while to heal properly.

You should go to the doctor if you are in a lot of pain or think it's serious. But know that a general practitioner will probably just give you some painkillers and tell you to take a break.

will do, thanks m8.

How long after I work out am I still growing muscle? Does eating at a surplus only help for a certain amount of time after your last workout?

broscience says two days but I've seen some user post about how anabolism may go on after that

When I do lat pull,
My arms and shoulders get fatigued,
But not so much my lats

Also, I have trouble keeping them strict ar higher weight.

Am I doing it wrong? Or is it possible my shoulders and arms are weak relative to my lats?

>upgrading to pull up asap

Press with the correct grip

Bring your shoulders in together beforehand.

losing fat is very easy (ask /fat/), building muscle is hard

Do you mean down, like retracting you scapulae?
Or back, as in pushing your chest out

I guess down.

If you are trying to gain weight/muscle, keep eating at a surplus.

I don't know what the cut off for muscle growth after exercising is, practically it shouldn't matter much. What is referring to I think is the fact that recovery only takes as much as 48 hours, which comes from an actual study- though I don't know the quality of it.

I eat my recommended calorie intake of 3500-4000 6/7 days if the week. The 7th day is an off day and my cheat day where I eat whatever I want. Usually it's something like eggs, ham, sandwiches, and maybe the occasional pizza or fast food place. Am I ruining gains by doing this? Do I need to be taking in the set amount all day, every day, or is it OK if I'm 500-1000 short?

3500-4000 is a bit on the high side. You'd have to be quite tall or quite big already to be needing this much. Did you calculate it right? Just making sure.

About the cheat day, yes it should be fine. You're body wont immediately turn into maximum muscle atrophy mode after a few hours of starvation/less food.

TM a shit for upper body gains :c

6'2". 180lbs. 22yo. Based on what I have calculated on CalorieCalculator.net, to gain 1-2lbs I should be at 3500-4000 cal. Though if I completely misunderstood then I can admit that and change

is it possible to go to snap city when OHP-ing? i thought it was a fool-proof exercise, but my neck hurts after trying a new PR

sailrabbit.com/bmr/ is by far the best online calculator since it includes several different algorithms and has gain/loss calculation as well, and other stuff.

By the way I am not quite getting your numbers plugging in your values (unless you are VERY active)- this should be somewhat consistent on any TDEE calculator.

Very possible with excessive lean back or by tilting/twisting your spine. Tighten your core, keep your back straight, look straight and so on.

Was your post meant for ?

HOW THE FUCK do I get any better at the overhead press?

What would someone that only trains legs look like?

Ye

Kkty, bud

I gave up on increase weight and instead either a)increase reps, b) do reps extremely slowly or c)do drop sets.

So I'm going through Canditos 6 week intermediate program and heading into my last week/max week

Couple of questions, what days should I max what lifts, and how many times can I repeat the program, feeding my 6 week maxes back into the spreadsheet?

I just started SS, but my gym doesn't have 2.5lb plates, and they don't allow you to bring in your own. Should I just change the odd weighted sets to 2x2@ -5lb + 2x2 +5lb?

Or should I just do extra sets at -5 on the odd weight sets?

Gym has been closed for 1 month and I've been training at home doing a really high volume workout routine with small dumbbells. The thing is that I've gotten better gains and I am actually starting to look really nicer now. I've been eating the same calories but somehow got better gains training at home? it makes me want to continue training at home but my flat smells like shit because of my sweat

wait for the DOMS to subside. i suggest drink lots of water and swim freestyle casually.

DOMS this bad can last a week

Do what works

what if I can adapt what I do at home to the gym, which by what Veeky Forums says should've left me dead by overtraining now. My back "routine" for example is 15 sets of 12 reps for rows/deadlifts/reverse back flyes but my back grew a lot. Is volume really the answer to everything ?

Do I have to cut after I finish bulking out of skellymode? I'm almost at my goal of 180 after being skinny my whole life and I'm afraid I'll fuck up if I eat at a deficit again. Once I'm there, can I eat at maintenance with lots of protein, added cardio and more lifts to still get shredded? Even if it's a little slower I doubt I'll mind. I just don't want to lose my strength bros

Man, I am so sorry. I don`t have an advice to offer you, but still there`s other stuff you can try doing and be good at. The world does not revolve around fitness. It`s just a hobby.

I need a swimming routine lads. Something simple.

Goals:
Weight loss atm.
Want tons of stamina.

Should i just add a lap each session?

not her, but
....can i get good gains on a keto diet ?!? w-what?

probably already been answered a thousand times, but why are they called EZ bars in america? in my country we call the SZ, which makes a lot more sense imo

You're probably just losing weight and looking a bit more cut and getting a better pump from the high rep range.

I thought about joining a weight lifting club to learn the olympic lifting disciplines. How good are they as a workout? What do you think how long will it take to become proficient enough to lift on your own?

Yes but you won't get a pump. Pump comes from glycogen (glucose metabolite) stored in the muscle with tons of water. It's basically a push up bra for your muscles.

Just eat low carb and 0.8-1 grams of protein per lean mass ((100 - bodyfat percentage) * weight) example: 100 - 20(% fat) * 160 gives me 128lbs of lean mass.. Or more than 1g of protein per lb of LBM, your mileage may vary but a lot of people eat up to 1.2 or more and they say its never kicked them out of keto. I'd aim for something in the vicinity of 60-75% fat BY CALORIE, not weight. Fat - 9 kcal. Carbs and protein = 4kcal.

Check out /r/ketogains and their wiki reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index

Their wiki says macros are by weight but that's retarded. Otherwise pretty gud from what I've seen.

Your mom is SZ

no, in fact the only really predictable factor in going into ketosis is how much glucose you have stored in your body; thats why its recommended to fast and work out to get into it faster

it takes me almost a week and a half to go into keto

What type of cardio should I do to on the days I'm not lifting? I kind of want to run, but I don't want to hurt my joints over time and don't know what routine to follow

How do you drink something disgusting? I'm about to be drinking a triple serve of peanut butter flavoured protein, and it's fucking ghastly. Only reason I'm going to bother is because I have it and I need more protein.

I second this. Is there a cardio routine (even pdf)? I am looking for a running routine, but not some shit for fat people. I am a skelly trying to gain weight, I want to do cardio twice a week for the other benefits. And if cardio is a gains goblin I will tone it down.

Check out this and you will no longer have sleepless nights worrying about your joints youtube.com/watch?v=entUXhcgt3c

If you sleep with a guy but he doesn't nut inside does that mean he doesn't trust you?

Forgot pic to get your attention

Oi cunts, talk to me about lean bulking. I've tried bulking, and tend to just get fat. Cutting I just lose muscle mass. I was thinking of eating maintenance calories, plus a protein shake, but I'm also pretty sure this is oversimplifying it.