>be a loner at college but have some people I kind of half know
>trying to talk more during conversations
>during one of these, some more of their friends join us
>become nervous as fuck
>say something I thought was interesting
>get outright ignored as if I wasn't there
>accidentally made eye contact with one of the girls from the second group
>she instantly looks away and looks spooked as fuck

>all through college nobody has ever taken the initiative to talk to me or seemed interested in talking to me if I make any initiative

Why does Veeky Forums claim that lifting can give social benefits? I might as well have contagious AIDS.

Cocoon mode loses its motivational aspects when there is no chance to leave it.

>being socially dyel

Being able to ohp a qt grill will give you more social benefits than being able to squat 3 qties.

you can't just try to inject ONE sentence into a conversation that has been going on for a long time. Doing this subconsciously flags all kinds of serial killer/rapist red flags in the minds of both the guys and grills.

either get in on the convo immediately from the start and keep saying shit (anything, doesn't matter what) or just don't

this was your mistake

When you fail at a social interaction you should evaluate what you did wrong and try to fix it next time.
Observe successful socialites and see if you can notice any patterns. This isn't to say that you should copy their personality.

Here are some common mistakes which it sounds like you may make
>broadcasting your needs
>mentally residing in your basement even when you're out
>giving a single shit about what anyone thinks

And a final warning, ignore all shills who give you advice like "just ask questions people love to talk about themselves tee hee." These people are autistic and you'll burn out their advice very quickly.

youre like a younger me.

it doesnt get easier with age. :^)

stop trying to fit into society

>come home from gym glowing
>chuckle at this thread
>good ol Veeky Forums as usual
>realize this is me
>last girl I dated didn't get to the bf-gf stage
>we were always so awkward, struggling to hold conversation
>realize it was just me

fuckin hell

What an uninteresting story. Go outside and enjoy your ban.

It's obvious you live in Los Angeles or some sort of large city area.

ACTING, make a persona basically.

overthinking this shit will just make it worse. he shouldn't think about anything and just be himself and get comfortable

Just b urself is what his parents told him to do and what got him into this mess in the first place.
Just b urself is the bluepill people who don't care about give you so that you feel comfy and stop bringing up troublesome questions. OP doesn't need comfy anymore, he needs RESULTS. And FAST.

>just be yourself xD
just kill yourself

this

Seriously though, you want to do the opposite, be a persona.

its cool when you're 17

scary when you're 28

>he thinks there's a difference between the same 17 and later 28 year old.

The only 17 year olds rejects who go onto be normie 28 year olds were posers.
I left humanity behind when I was 17 and now as a 28 year old there is no returning from that chasm.

>he thinks there's no difference
the difference is how society perceives you, but you'd have to be over 25 to understand

>unironically being over 25 and caring about what "society" thinks about you

never gonna make it m8

Society is a meme.
There are only people.
"Society" is an abstraction autists talk about to try and meme each other.

Big difference buddy.

At 17 I wasn't even thinking of the future, my brain wasn't fused.

At 26 you can't just be some tragic lone, you actually have to try or kill yourself. This involves getting a job, no matter how shit it is, and paying rent. Plus you have your old friends who are married, having kids and already established careers, then your parents who you just wanna make proud but you can tell they're ashamed.

I mean its cool if you can escape all that and bitterly throw everything away but we're all connected in this global world now, and everyone keeps tabs on one another. Working at fast food restaurant in your 40s sounds heartbreaking.

>comparing yourself to "old friends"
>worried about making parents proud

What part of "left humanity behind" didn't you get?

Of course working unskilled labor into your 40s is heartbreaking. But the people who do that were already heartbroken when they were 17.

and working in some office/99.9% of other jobs isn't heartbreaking?

both steal 80% of your waking time, and you get next to nothing in return

sure, there are some fulfilling jobs (like astronaut? researcher? medical doctor?)

but 99% of people will never have such jobs

its better to learn to deal w it

these advices look like something out of a teen comedy, no correlation with reality whatsoever.

Ironic thing about the lame "be yourself" advices is that they're right. Any other advice,like this guy with his
>you should evaluate society patterns and your mistakes and then..blah blah
are pure fairytale and nobody ever ever ever, not in a million years, will ever get anywhere by listening to them.

I don't think your English is good enough to even comprehend what I was saying, much less refute it.

>and you get next to nothing in return
you get money, different quantities of it based on the job

>unironically deluding yourself that your interactions and relationships with people don't affect you
grow up faggot

yeah, society is the collective of people that live around you. what's your point?

Well, was your advice to essentially analyze other, "cooler" people and see what makes them socially adept?

That's how i understood it with my poor grasp of the language.

And that's one of those things you see in movies, and movies alone. It is not an advice based in reality as modern physics knows it.

could you even look someone in the eye if you worked at mcdonalds in your 40s?

I know you kids say "hurr who cares what society thinks, who cares what my family thinks, who cares what my ex-friends think"
but it ultimately effects your confidence in the long run, and for some people this means joining the fringes of society: homelessness, drug addiction, committed to a psychiatric ward.

just be yourself and dont be ugly

You seem excessively concerned with how you are perceived by others. In light of that it's a bit odd that you'd attempt to lecture us on such a thing as confidence.

Look I'm not trying to lecture you guys, I just don't want people to go through the same bullshit that I went through. I'm older and seen some shit.
Saying who gives a fuck about what others think is fine. But a lot of dudes on Veeky Forums take an exit on society when they're young, when it's fine and they have a safety net (financial stability, parents are there for them), but when they get older and shit gets actually real it gets frightening fast, when the only options you have are bankruptcy or suicide, and you have no one to live with.

You're concerned with it too, otherwise you wouldn't have isolated yourself from other people in an attempt to avoid getting into situations where you'll be judged by them.

They ignore you because they don't know you that well. Don't try saying interesting things, just inquire about whatever they are talking about and eventually they will be more comfortable around you. Everything else in in your head so stop being a fag.

I couldn't honestly look somebody in the eye and say I worked some paper flipping job in a random office either, m8

alright m8

this seems to be quite a stretch, m8

in yurop (muh sweeden mostly), you can get an apartment, internet (gigabit), gym membership, healthy food, any hobbies you want

all without even having a job and dodging any offers they try to throw at you

how is that not more or less paradise? compared to having slightly more money while wasting your life for some CEOs benefit and no benefit to yourself?

having unlimited free time and comfy existence... still "society" will do everything in its power to make you miserable

also: remember that most modern jobs are not needed and nothing, absolutely nothing would happen if they just stopped going to work (except for some service jobs, like MC DONALDS burger flippers)..

>sweden

and it will be the downfall of western civilization

Damn I never thought of that. Why doesn't everyone in Sweden just stop going to work and get money from the government? Seems like a paradise.

Fuck off no one talks to you. You lift 4 plate and someone at the gym will strike up a convo atleast about your gym experience and progress.

Maybe you didn't lift 4 plate.

Maybe you lie about a lot of things. We all know it too.

You're a fucking retard, you can squat 4 plates? okay so what, do you look ripped? you need to look aesthetic, muscle wise, hair wise, clothes wise and stop being a faggot.

dude, you got upset over no one reacting to one comment you made? and then you looked at a girl, she looked away and you made up in your head that she hated you and thought you were ugly and a creep.

you have the same problem a lot of guys have. you take one tiny bit of 'criticism', real or imagined, and embrace the hurt from it fully. if you saw the amount of times daily literally everyone passes comments that go unanswered you'd change your tune. that is not negative feedback, that's you feeling insecure and imagining that shit went down way worse than it did. your situation was 100% normal, regular social feedback. don;t be so hard on yourself and maybe you'll develop the ability to out yourself out there without being so sensitive.

and even if someone does react negatively to you, fuck it. it's probably got notihng to do with you. everyone is so busy worrying about what other people think of them that they basically don't care about other people anyway. if someone is rude or brushes you off, it could easily mean that they're simply in a shitty or nontalkative mood and would rather no enter a fulfilling conversaiton with someone. they could be an asshole, or they could be like you and are afraid to talk to people.

tl;dr there was no problem, be less sensitive

wait, you get free money in sweden? I'm in the EU, should i move?