How to respond to unsolicited advice?

>resting between atg pause sets
>still babbyweight so pretty explosive out of the hole, form is pretty much perfect
>fat pajeet comes over and says something
>assume he wants a plate so just give him thumbs up
>repeats himself, take earphones out
>"you shouldn't go so low, it's bad for your knees"
>for about half a second think about educating him
>decide against it
>"i'm good thanks"
>give him another thumbs up, turn around and do my next set
>this was last week, fast forwards to today, i've seen him a couple of times since then and he gives me a dirty look whenever he sees me

these things usually don't bother me but i don't like people giving me dirty looks, who was in the wrong here?

also general gym stories thread

"leave me alone" will work

Either you or pajeet is in the wrong country.

You're prolly dyel and he's trying to help you.

You shouldve educated him. Seriously just nip the problem in the bud and out a stop to it before it starts.

>"You don't need these friend. These are for white people."

???

>i've seen him a couple of times since then and he gives me a dirty look whenever he sees me
>thinking people actually care this about much
Stop being insecure m8

i dont understand these scenarios.

If someone tries correcting your form and you know they're wrong, just explain why you're doing it this way and how it's only bad if your form is shit"

Dont just say "im good thanks" it seems rude as fuck, be polite and explain whats up.

>You shouldve educated him.
OP is dyel. Giving unsolicited advice is annoying but thinking you can give advice when you're dyel is pathetic.

obviously wants to kill the infidel

Its arguing your POV not giving advice. Its better than just ignoring the guy and getting dirty looks forever.

It literally doesn't work with people who're bigger or stronger than you or in a position of "authority". Just on friday on my intensity day I did 330x5 on the deadlift. Fucking PT comes up to me and tells me setting the weight down and starting from a dead stop is ineffective because you lose time under tension. I told him I'm doing a deadlift so it should start from a dead stop. I'm also doing it for strength purposes and don't really care about how swole my hamstrings are. His voice got notably angrier and he told me I shouldn't bang the weights. It's ineffective and annoying for the other gym-goers.

Correct except OP wasnt talking to a PT if was some dyel fat sand nigger. Big difference.

Yeah 330 DL is still dyel so you don't really have any 'authority'. If you can't lift the weights without slamming them then you need to lower the weights.

he was just trying to get you to follow the typical commercial gym rule of not "dropping" weights, meaning anything less than a 5 second eccentric on a 90% deadlift and a snapped spine is you dropping weights. probably thought it'd be easier to convince you more TuT instead of we have an asinine rule

>Yeah 330 DL is still dyel
Only here. The average gym goer is a weak bitch.
> If you can't lift the weights without slamming them then you need to lower the weights.
Wrong
Wrong, id bet my life that PT just got flustered when that guy refuted his point so he scrambled to get a win in argument wise so he told him to stop slamming to cover his own ego.

Exactly like you did

i literally have my calves compress with my Hams with each rep

Tell me im deep enough senpai.

K thanks for correcting the record dyel. Sounds like you got it all figured out, carry on.

a dirty look isn't a neutral expression user

when i was easily repping out just under 3pl8? no, i could have given him advice but i chose not to because i figured spending 5 minutes going into the mechanics of why quarter repping does more damage to your knees would bore him plus honestly i'm not sure his english was good enough for that

> it seems rude as fuck

yeah this is what i thought, my guess is i offended him. can't say i'm the most polite guy when i'm exhausted though

most PTs are mouthbreathing morons anyway, just nod and smile unless they actually look like they may know what they're talking about

Post your physique then ill post mine faggot

No shit I'm weak. Having 1 day a week when you go balls to the walls with intensity is an important part of intermediate training. If you can't recognize that, we have nothing to talk about.

lol I bet you'd like that cuz ur a g*ywad.

Deeper faggot. Your calves need to fuse with you hamstrings.

pajeet here
yea pajeets do that even here in india.
its usually guys with bodies inferior to yours.
i tell them to leave me alone
>not even a dyel

Depending on what your goals are, going too deep is not necessary. Wanna do oly lifts? Get that deep action squat as low as fucking possible. Powerlifting? Just below parallel so you get at least 2 white lights. General strength? Go as low as possible without getting butt wink or feeling uncomfortable, below parallel is a requirement though. Work on your mobility or get on dat dere low bar if you can't go low enough.

Yep I would now do it pajeet

Nah I'm good. Probably not a good move for my career (financial advisor/earn lots of money/especially for my age/good benefits, etc.). You'll understand one day when you get a bigboy job.

>How to respond to unsolicited advice?

Fix your form.

Haha youre right chances are someone from your company is on this site in this very thread and is looking to find your physique from the head down so they can fire you. Better to be on the safe side.

Glad you understand. But trust me, I'm jacked. Like I have to sleep on 2 pillows.

haha how fucking shit at your job are you that you think something like that could end your career?

Sounds about right. Guessing you fuck 2 super models per night as well?

Its a joke obviously dude