so who's watching?
youtube.com/watch?v=UBpaFSATl_A
allthingsgym.com/2017-european-weightlifting-championships/
ewfed.com/2017/Split/Comp_Prog.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDvC2bLteTM
youtu.be/GbWtHvd9xGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Busy day, not watching. Will definitely check the high lights though.

How's everyone's lifting going?

Finally brought myself a pair of wl shoes, so hopefully it'll improve

Should I keep warming up on squats etc without shoes as in to keep my mobility?

Bought*

Competed yesterday. Set new PRs on both Snatch and C&J, but can't stop power snatching. I'm afraid/nervous/insecure about immediately squatting down.

how much did you lift?

60/75. Meet PRs on both. I can powersnatch 62 and I've jerked 80 in training. Haven't been at it for too long.

Why would you watch that? Genuinely curious. It seems to make even less sense than watching F1 racing.

>Stop enjoying things I don't like

that's good, what's your weight?

79 at 183cms

because it's interesting to watch?

I have friends on the national team and one day I'll be there too.

Finally hit 85kg C&J and am snatch pulling 205#. My shoulder rehab still won't let me turnover or catch above 50kg, though, which sucks for my weight class

>Why would you watch that? Genuinely curious. It seems to make even less sense than watching F1 racing.
1. It's fun
2. It's good to watch others do it to compare your form against
3. Motivation
4. Fuck you F1 is fucking awesome and technical as hell. NASCAR, on the other hand....

Couldn't hurt. Squatting without wl shoes is great for ankles

Awesome! Haven't competed since December, just returning from injuries. Hoping for good things

Yeah I thought about doing the warmup sets without shoes

How to improve ankle dorsiflexion?
Also one ankle has noticeably less mobility than the other should I focus on it more?

I thought about joining a weigh lifting club to learn the olympic weight lifting disciplines. How long would it take to learn the right technique so I can lift on my own?

if ur club has a coach then why would you want to lift on your own?

because coaches ain't free?

it would take about 4 months i think to learn sub-par form i think but it will still be shit.
i think if you can you should really stick with a coach cus he would be able to notice the problems you have and help you with that
and also write good programs that will address these issues

About a year

POST VIDS FOR FORM CRITIQUE

NO BULLY I PROMISE

youtube.com/watch?v=cDvC2bLteTM

From the other day. I've only been at it since January.

youtu.be/GbWtHvd9xGw
No bully pls

Overhead squats and snatch balances helped me gain confidence when I first began, give those a try

The bar swings way too far out in front of you

Anyone have any good videos on beginner form or should I just go find an Olympic lifting gym in Atlanta?

I discover fixes for my form issues with my major accessories and the jerk but can't seem to make them consistent. Frustration.

First time snatching today
Am i one of you yet

Mirin quads, quad eyes

Go light. Increase volume and frequency.

Technique.
To get good you get form down, then increase intensity.
In cricket you don't try to bowl fast. You learn to bowl accurately, then speed up.
In football you learn to shoot accurately, then shoot with more power, from further away etc.

This is the problem with picking up the Olympic lifts later in life. You have the strength to simply muscle the weight when it is light. But if you had started as a child you would get the technique down before you get strong.

So do technical work everyday. Real light. Real strict form.

Dead thread dead sport

Brahs...must I maintain a completely vertical back during a front squat, or is it okay to be at a bit of an angle? It's very hard for me to be completely vertical.

As long as the bar doesn't slip and you don't have to support the weight with your arms

Your start position isn't quite right, and it's messing other stuff up along the chain. Your hips and butt are too low and I suspect, though it's hard to tell from this angle, that your knees too far forward and not angled out enough. You'll notice you have to bring the bar around your knees, leaving the bar too far forward for the rest of the pull. Additionally, you are starting your second pull too early, bringing your back and shoulders up and back too soon, which is why you're banging the bar out so far. Stay over the bar as long as possible, longer than any instinct is telling you. Stay over the bar and bring it all the way to your hips, THEN explode straight up, not back, everything tight, firing. Once the bar reaches its apex, PULL yourself under and into the catch position with your arms, traps, and shoulders.

So, start position: hips higher, shoulders covering the bar, knees out, chest and chin up, back arched and tight.

Pull straight up, staying tight, keeping bar close with lats. Stay covering the bar with your shoulders. Extend legs, legs, legs, legs, until bar is at hip then explode.

RARE vid.

saved desu

Just talk to someone, have them teach you in person. Much better (and quicker) than learning off the internet.

Dead inside

This makes me kinda sad desu