Quit smoking

Hi Veeky Forums
I've been smoking cigarettes for 14 years. For the last year or so I've been chain smoking. I quit yesterday. The withdrawal is a lot worse than than I thought it would be (headache, extreme cravings, anxiety, fatigue, hunger).

Anyone else quit smoking? Does it get worse from here? When will I be in the clear? Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

themindunleashed.com/2015/09/the-secret-health-benefits-of-nicotine-they-dont-want-you-to-know.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If tried and failed a bunch of times, usually make it about a week or two.
What to expect:
>insomnia forma day or two
>Slowed brain function for a while
>Caffine to hit you harder
>An uncomfortable void until you can figure how else to spend your time.

After about a week Its pretty much psychological.

From my own experience you'll never be free of that cancer. Even when I didn't smoke for a year every time I saw someone light up one I immediately thought to myself "damn I want one too". I'm also trying to quit right now but it's hard as basically all of my friend smoke and I can't avoid being exposed to cigs. Just be strong user, it won't go away but it will certainly get easier. Just think about the regret and disgust you'll have after you smoke one.

just vape you idiot

I know people like to shit on vaping but it legit helped me quit cigs. Haven't smoked in a year and haven't felt the need to.

I'm also currently in the process of quitting, but I put a bit of an unorthodox twist on it since sheer willpowering through never worked for me.

I got an app that lets you stop smoking over a period of time. I put in 20 cigarettes as starting point and 90 days. So first couple of days I got to smoke 20 cigarettes a day or every 40 or so minutes, now I'm down to 17 cigarettes and 56 minutes. In addition to that I do 1 set of bodyweight exercises before each cigarette so I regularly exercise just as a "by the way" of smoking and hopefully will have replaced smoking with exercising at the end of those 90 days.

It can take a few days or be a week or sometimes rarely even more, but it will pass. The physical part, anyway.

I smoked from the time I was 13-19, with a failed attempt. Once physical parts go away, you have to not cave, ever. It becomes much easier as time goes on and you can go weeks or months without thinking of smoking, but every time you think of having one at a party, or smoking a cigarillo, or anything like that, remember that you could fall back into from that, so you have to say no. When I relapsed it was because I was stressed at work and I was offered them by coworkers. Just don't smoke again, and never think you're too far away from smoking to start again.

If this sounds gloomy, I don't mean it to. I hardly ever think of cigarettes anymore and it is REALLY a big improvement. I just have to remember to say no.

>Be me, Maintenance technician working at a Hospital, go into public toilets at main reception on arrival.
>As I'm standing at the urinal minding my own business hear a commotion behind me.
>Refuse to look back, not-while-peeing.png
>Some guy appears next to me at the empty urinal, gasping for breath and making choking sounds, proceeds to projectile vomit blood at the wall and into the urinal, collapses on floor starts shaking.
>I smell cigarettes and shit, he has brown stained lips and yellow fingers, he coughs again then deflates. Clearly dead.
>Tuck myself back in, zip up and nope the fuck out of there.
>Never smoked since.
Recommend nicotine gum or something like that, I still use the gum on occasion 7 years later.

For the past few days ive managed to get it down to one a day, and usually at around 10pm. Aiming to not have one at all today. Withdrawal isnt too bad, just when you see smoking on tv or someone else smoking you think about it.

I quit after smoking for 15 years pack a day or so.

I havent had a cig in over a month. I vape tho, started at high nicotien worked my way down to 0.3 next step is drop nicotien completley.

MY taste and smell came back and I can do 45+ of cardio now..

Vape.

Switch to vaping. Not as good as quitting but much better than smoking.

I know it's gay but vaping worked for me, I quit a 2 pack a day habit the day I got a decent vape mod and haven't had a cigarette since. Cardio gains through the roof, 20 mile bike rides, etc

Also helped me to quit drinking, I was a pretty heavy drinker and always loved to smoke while having a drink

I vape too, almost a year cigarette free, I still had about 3 total over the last year, just to try them again. They didn't do much for me.

Smoked for a year, decide to stop because it costs alot of money. For me it wasnt that hard, im not too prone for addictions, you just need to get used to the habit of doing something. Same thing with sugar or other bad foods

i be smokin dis naimean?

Another one for vaping.

I smoked about 5 years and I've been vaping for 7 years. Some of the vapers can be insufferable faggots, but it is pretty useful for quitting smoking.

True story

Nicotine in itself is not toxic, in fact it has lots of cognitive benefits. Vaping extracts the nicotine into a juice, whats in the juice might not be the best thing to be combusting into your lungs but I'll take my chances. Vaping is killing the tobacco industry and that's why it gets so much bad press.

Source:
themindunleashed.com/2015/09/the-secret-health-benefits-of-nicotine-they-dont-want-you-to-know.html

yee i namumean ma niqqaaa

hahaha wtf

are those fucking joints?

learn to roll you fucking mong

My friend quit smoking cold turkey like 10 years ago and never smoked again. All he did was buy the cheapest cigarettes the store had which tend to be the most disgusting ones, and it made him physically sick to his stomach and the memory keeps him from smoking. Or you can just chain smoke one after another until you feel like throwing up.

Smoke one before your exercises. Smoking is much worse for you after sport, because your lungs absorbs it a lot better.
Not sure if one set will do anything tho.

Dipping is a good way to quit smoking and there are very minimal health risk as long as you practice good oral hygiene and on the off chance you do get cancer it is very easily treated.

OP READ ALLEN CARR'S HOW TO STOP SMOKING THE EASY WAY

I QUIT A MONTH AGO AND IT'S GENUINELY BEEN A TOTAL BREEZE - RAD THE BOOK TWICE IT WORKS CRAZY PSYCHO-MIRACLES

Sorry lads but OP needs to see.

Funny that quitting cigarettes helped me enjoy cigars even more

Thought I attached a photo with my blog post

Thanks, will switch it around then.

The exercise is more for forming a habit than for huge gains, so I'm not looking to min/max. I've pretty much never done any sports before, now I'm doing ~150-200 pushups or similar stuff per day. Got to count for something.

Ive been smoke free for a month. Smoked for about 5 years. I did it cold turkey but mentally prepared myself over the course if about 2 months.

Vaping isn't originally about quitting smoking. It's about inhaling nicotine through much, much safer way.
But if it helps someone cut the nicotine from their life completely, good for them. Started vaping 3 years ago. First year - still smoking. After first year bought hell of a mod with subohm tank. Never had a cig since. My breathing and condition got better, no more coughing. Skin got better, smell and taste got back to normal.
If you can do it through hard way - abstinence and you are determined OP, good for you, but it will be rough brah.

Now owning Smok V8, this thing is a fucking nuke. Down to 6 nic from 24 when i beggan

fatty

You jerk!