/fat/ - Weight Loss General

What the fuck happened to dinnerposting?! edition

Old thread over 300lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pLv8JiZhSGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for IF dinners

xnth for sips

whom'stdth for man boobies

tempted to just starve myself until I die, have nothing to live for anyway and I don't get hunger cravings anymore

you wont die as long as you have fat on you.

feel free to starve yourself to a proper weight.

I've seen these contraptions that feed liquid straight into your belly through your nose
it's like a backpack

success rate must be low with them because they aren't very common

I have eaten nothing all day, I can't go to the bank, and all that I have in the house is a single honeybun.

This is what hell feels like.

Drink water, user.
Even Gandhi went a while without food.

>OMAD since october, cutting as much sugars as I can.
>The cravings for added sugars are too strong. Fall off every time.

I said I was going to cut added sugar all week, but sunday is only half over and I feel like dying.

I hate my life. Is low carb superior? Is there any truth to Good Calories Bad Calories? It seems like everyone is just arguing to sell you a different book.

How dumb is bulletproof coffee?

How do you overcome food cravings, /fat/? I need help.

Low carb good. Bulletproof coffee dumb.

If you're this uninformed, just count calories. After a while you'll start to notice it's more worthwhile to eat 7oz of cucumber than 7oz of chips. Also: READ THE STICKY

Can I make gains on keto or should I bulk first and then start keto?

Who else /acidreflux/ here?

I've lost over half of my bodyweight and it's still just as bad as ever, I think overeating has permanently fucked up my body

Stop buying the low carb meme. It literally causes heart disease and is always worse than high carb.

Go ask your doctor if you should start a diet that is known to raise your LDL cholesterol. He will say no, that will harm you.

I get heartburn even when I don't eat

chew gum
do IF
keep yourself busy

Low carb raises your cholesterol and causes insulin resistance. So if you are trying to get diabetes, it works wonders.

5'8 240
Should I fast until I'm a decent weight and then start working out?

I can easily starve myself pls give advice

Lose 2 lbs a week. Start working out today.

i smother all my food in black pepper so everything is delicious, no cravings later

also lots of water

Either healthy substitutions or ignore and they go away.

I had to go to the hospital for acid reflux. Though this was back when I was in great shape. That shit is what it is bro. You might have ulcers. You should find out. I promise if you have ulcers getting that shit fixed will improve your life 10x.

Honest to god, 10 year olds understand nutrition better than people who read about it. A balanced diet with some carbs some fat a good amount of protein and lots of vegetables is the best fucking choice. Our bodies want all of them. It's the solution.

>low carb gives you diabetes
hmm

What the other user said.
Don't starve yourself, just eat at the right deficit to lose 2lbs a week. Start working out today to develop the habit and become knowledgeable on working out so it's easier when you hit your "ideal weight."
You can still gain muscle while cutting, especially if you don't work out.

>making a big chicken and vegetable soup on today's calories
>going to eat it over a few days
SOMEBODY STOP ME, IM OUTTA CONTROL

>March 1st - 6'0" 290 lbs
>April 1st - 6'0" 275 lbs

Diet - Paleo /w Intermittent Fasting 1400 Calories a day.
30 minute Yoga Exercises 3x a week
Total weight loss: 15 LBS

Thoughts on my progress so far? Is it good or bad. Wanted to lose 20-30 LBS in one month. I'm switching over to Keto now for April.

15lbs is really good, user. Don't beat yourself up because it's not as much as you wanted.
Losing 30lbs in one month is kind of a lot.

Its good dude. Keep up the good work, you'll be slim soon.

No. Bad nigger. If you're seeing results you keep going with what's working until you stop seeing results. THEN you change things up.

Also seriously just eat a balanced diet with a decent calorie deficit. Ya'll make this shit too fuckin' hard.

>30 minute Yoga Exercises
if this is anything like the yoga classes I've seen a 30 minute walk would probably be more helpful. 15lbs in a month is pretty good though since that's almost 4lb a week.

wish I could still lose 15lbs in a single month
lucky if I can get half that
keep going m8

30 lbs in a month would be a pound a day.

Looking at how a pound is 3500 calories that would be pretty hard to accomplish. Idk what your TDEE is, but that would definitly be quite the deficit especially if you arent spending literally every single day just swimming or running or whatever.

15 lbs is good progress Id say.

Probably lost a lot of water weight if this was your first month. starts getting a bit slower here, 1-2 pounds a week consistently is a good rate.

Stick to what works. Unless you just detest IF

add walking and bodyweight exercises and you'll be golden for 3-4 months at least

Fats make you fat.
Fats give you heart disease.
Fats aren't any more filling than unprocessed carbs or protein per the same caloric value.
You don't realize how much you need carbs until you're not allowed to have them.
Yes you need essential fats. About a spoonful a day.

well you're doing paleo so are a complete and utter fucking faggot

>do you do crossfit too?

Well crossfit gives you a nice physique as opposed to the fat fucks who do squats and deadlifts all day and try to convince themselves and everyone around them that aesthetics don't matter, it's all about strength!

Tomorrow i finish my week long water fast (went from 262 to 250) . prior to that i was doing IF+psmf so i'm hoping not a major part of that was water weight, i decided to do this after watching Dr. Fung's Videos, depending on how i feel this month i might do the same thing for the last 7 days of each month

>Maintained my lifts
>beat my cardio PR (stairmaster)
>lost an inch of my belly

>squats and deadlifts do give you aesthetics
>you would know this if you weren't obese

crossfit is the only thing gayer than paleo, my tubby little friend

protein, fiber, eat before dinner to avoid night hunger pains, lot of water

Im on a 1500 calorie cut since january 1st , lost 15kg . The problem is keep reading about starvation mode and that my body will get used to being feed 1500 calories . Is this true?

Starvation mode isn't really true. Think about it this way:

If your body needs a bunch of shit, and it get some of it, why would it store that shit as fat. Storing and unstoring requires energy. It's inefficient compared to just using it now as needed.

As for your body getting used to 1500 calories, that's true in that you will feel less hunger at 1500 calories. But your body needs how much energy it needs. It can't create energy out of nothing so it'll have to take it from somewhere.

Look at it this way: Your body stores energy but not nutrients. Keep giving it the necessary nutrients, but let it get the energy from its stores rather than from food taken at the time.

If what you're doing is working, keep doing it.

I'm more wasted than I thought
I shall attempt to read this again in a little while

even is starvation mode were true you wouldn't hit it at 1500 no matter what kind of body type you are

based Dr. Now gives 800 lb patients 700-1000 calories a day diets and they are "fine"

delet this

Will losing weight (15 lbs) fuck up a pec tattoo?

>Even Gandhi
what did he mean by this

youtube.com/watch?v=pLv8JiZhSGM

Reminder that this is what making it looks like

don't understand people who fetishize food desu

you are right . Thank you , was getting a bit worried

Depending on how big you are maybe.

dropped from 300 to 245 since xmas, still maintaining lifts other than squat because jumpers knee.

You faggots have no excuses, eat less.

Literally learn how to water fast. It's a great way to learn how your body feels and how to manage cravings and false hunger. Coming up on hour 24 for me, longest has been 49 but I'm shooting for maybe 72 hours this time.

>xmas
not going to make it

Doing keto right now

finally getting the breathe changes

I'm 174 lbs 5.68 ft, I want to lose weight and in future build muscle. Should I go lift or cardio or both?

How's the constipation, headaches, and fatigue? Are you getting high cholesterol or diabetes yes?

Do you guys think I will get so much excess skin i will need surgery? 5'10'' starting at 290 pounds ( currently around 260) I plan to keep going until 180 or so

>5.68 ft
>.68 ft

lift

cannot say
it's not the end of the world if you do

Fuck. Feeling the chocolate craving but have a pretty closely budgeted calorie plan today. No big wiggle room like I usually have. Pray for me brothers. I will survive.

So tempted ot make protein brownies. Or maybe mix protein powder with plain yogurt. Does that work? What else would I need?

probably not.

mix cocoa powder with 0% fat yogurth

Nope to all of those
I take a multi vitamin and drink chicken broth to get my electrolytes up so no constipation because i eat alot of fiber no headaches or fatigue.

not dying yet

You do realize protein powder is full of calories on its own, right? Just stop eating sweets for a few days and the cravings will go away.

I have. Just the occasional "Man I could really go for some chocolate right now" thing.

And I'm aware. Was considering switching up my remaining calories. Was gonna do pierogis which would pretty much hit it exactly. Was considering dropping those and doing yogurt and protein powder and maybe a couple pepperoni sticks to get me there instead.

Chocolate craving strong bruh. Don't worry I'll stay in my calories.

been unusually lacking in appetite the past few days
hope it doesn't bite me in the ass later

Go get your LDL cholesterol checked.

starvation mode is basically of no importance. it is a somewhat last resort measure of the body and will set in very late. to quote: wiki

The magnitude and composition of the starvation response (i.e. metabolic adaptation) was estimated in a study individuals living in isolation in Biosphere 2 for two years. During their isolation, they gradually lost an average of 15% (range: 9–24%) of their body weight due to harsh conditions. On emerging from isolation, the isolated individuals were compared with a 152-person control group that initially had had similar physical characteristics. On average, the starvation response of the individuals after isolation was a 180 kCal reduction in daily total energy expenditure. 60 kCal of the starvation response was explained by a reduction in fat-free mass and fat mass. An additional 65 kCal was explained by a reduction in fidgeting. The remaining 55 kCal was statistically insignificant.[4]

only fatties in denial believe that starvation mode keeps them fat and unable to diet.

to trigger this you are one step above Catabolysis range where the body begins to cannibalize itself to prevent death due to organ/brain damage.

the only thing of starvation mode that is of impact is the increased hunger.

tl:dr it's the body responding to actual famine level starvation not weight loss diet, the effect is small around 200 cal/day.

Cuts going really well. But I keep drinking every weekend but not binge eating so im staying under my TDEE but god damn this habit needs to go. What do bros

How low can you go with calorie input? I'm 6'2 and around 210lbs and I'm hovering around 1000 calories a day. I've mostly been eating eggs and meat with a multi-vitamin to help balance shit out.

Playing videogames makes all my hunger go away, unless its been like 5 hours without eating.
At work I'm always busy so I don't have problems there.

Non-fat quark, cocoa powder, liquid sweetener.
Viola, you have a good approximation of tiramisu filling that's low calorie and full of protein.

Wht did he mean by this?

>cheat meal turns into a cheat weekend.

Worst feel. Stayed on IF at least and didn't miss the gym.

Tomorrow is another day

What the hell is 'quark'? The fucking jew alien from DS9?

Type 2 Diabeetus is usually generalized by high insulin resistance that wont lower itself. Basically your blood sugar is always gonna be high with rots your body and mind.

german word for curd cheese is that guy means that. very low cal lots of protons

I think I got gyno and it's not fat in either case that's why I'm cutting. I'm eating 1500 calories a day with only 10% of it being carbs. I can't lose fat any other way for some reason. I workout 3 days a week for a total of 4.5 hours and work a lightly active job yet still doesn't matter. On 2200 calories I was maintains weight not losing. So I think if my metabolism is shit I have to lower calories it's the only way.

Just chewing sugar freegum and taking ephedrine and vaping nicotine for the hunger pangs.

Still 21% bodyfat.

If I cut to below 12% and I still have gyno I'm getting surgery. The plan is to make sure I actually have gyno so I can get it covered under medical insurance for pain and discomfort reasons.

just found out my girlfriend has been cheating on me

must resist the urge to binge

turn her into lampshades

Whoa whoa fucking whoa. Don't be a fat fuck remember when you're ripped to shreds and fucking her friends that whore will prob go hang herself.

Hate and anger is my only motivation. I hate this particular individual so much I want to look better and be stronger than I'm going to kick his ass. Jail time idc about

better feed her those excessive calories instead. and make her fat Win Win and keep losing yourself (kg and gfs)

Redpill me on fasting for weight loss /fat/. Not eating for a day and eating slightly above maintenances the other seems to be by far the most effective and least painful weight loss method for me. Yet my gymbros keep freaking out that I'll lose all my gains if I do that. Wot gives

This is me
My bench dropped and my squat and deadlift went up. My body feels a bit harder in certain areas like Biceps and Triceps and quads.

>buy a big bar of chocolate
>break off 1/8th of it a day and greedily eat each piece like the poor kid from willy wonka and the chocolate factory

surprisingly this solves my sweet cravings completely. probably because i force myself to savor it over time, instead of eating it all and not even tasting it like I used to.

Bruh crash dieting won't fix the core of your weight problem. Eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise three times a week

my left ribs protrude more than my right
do I have spinal problems?
my entire chest feels lopsided

Read the sticky

I'm trying to get around to 190 while also weening myself off sugar. I fully intend to adopt a more sustainable diet afterward.

that's what they all say

I figure that I'll reach my target in a month and by then my garden will start producing early spring greens and I'll be able to forage for ramps, morels, and fiddleheads.

Why are you bullying this guy? I lost 80 lbs before and got to 165 lbs then stayed at 175 lbs for well over 4 years. I just did a dirty bulk over the winter and fucked myself over.

So case in point is my example.

Lads, opinions/experiences about l-carnitine? I've lost 120 pounds so far and got 30 more I need to lose but I'm really not making anymore progress, I'm considering shit to boost me.

find out your maintenance once you get to your goal weight and stick to it, don't go over

drop your calories lower again

grats
he's gonna do what he wants regardless