What's your opinion on weighted vests? I don't even know if there's one to be had, but thought I might ask

What's your opinion on weighted vests? I don't even know if there's one to be had, but thought I might ask.

I've wanted to try one for awhile heard mixed reports and that headaches are common at the start

Have a 30kg one, use it mostly for push ups, love it

>bad for your joints
>bad for your back
>look like a shooter

yeah ill pass

Same here, use it for pretty much everything but at 27kg it's slowly starting to fall apart.

Never had headache from it but sometimes there is small shoulder pain, nothing serious though.

But who says that? It seems to be accepted as a good tool

I used to wear a 10 lbs vest when I ran. I wound up with stress fractures in both feet

Just like squats and deadlift amirite

Got a 30kg weight vest along with pull up bar and rings. Weighted pull ups, push ups, rows, dips and pistols gave me great gains.

What do you users think about wearing it all day? Seems like a bad idea to me but if it could work it would be awesome, I could just wear it and work out while living my day

crossfit faggotry

if you're gonna get one, don't cheap out. Get a comfortable one that fits you well. Otherwise it's gonna dig into your skin or flop around and make you despise using it.

I actually do martial arts, so its appeal to me is all coming from the entertainment industry

They existed well before crossfit you fucking retard

Do bodyweight workouts first. If you are consistant, then buy a vest. I recommend getting a high quality 40 lb vest. The idea is to supplement your calethetics training, bridging the gaps between different movement patters (e.g. Push-ups to one arm push-ups).

Have fun destroying your joints over time

I only do bodyweight, with very few exceptions. Since I'm more of an athlete then a bodybuilder I find that to be ideal.

Maybe if done like for two days and then not wearing it for the rest of the week? Do you think it would still be detrimental?

> *since im more of a faggot

unless of course you're a calisthenics-fag and want to have some extra resistance in push-ups and pull-ups etc. to do your faggy exercises to get to your goal of ripped 120lbs physique then sure
but god no don't use them for cardio or throughout the day, that'll just hurt you

>athlete
yeah this is pretty good bait.

If you are serious though then you must be 90lbs or something.

>that's what I'd look like with a better mustache and muscles

At least I can make gains but I can't make stache gains. Fuck genetics

Everything existed before Crossfit, kid. Crossfit is taking everything, throwing it together and calling it intellectual property.

He obviously means it's one among many things overused in the Crossfit community.

actually I'm 160. wouldn't mind gaining some mass but I'm fine with it.
what's so weird about preferring bodyweight?

so when do you recommend using it?

i know right.
i'm 20 and my facial hair is like that of many of my classmates when we were 16.

height?

Its fine if thats what you want. If you want srs results though you have to add weights. Im not even trying to convince you to do it. Its just a fact. If you look at any person that's a payed athlete they use some form of weight training. And those are people that have to perform

181 cm.

I do do some weightlifting, I did mention some exceptions. Probably not as much as I should, I've been wanting to do some more lately, but I don't have the time at the moment.

they answered your question right in their post, wear it to make exercises like pushups, pullups, dips more difficult. Do not wear it while running unless you want to fuck your joints up, If you need to make running more difficult than run faster, longer, or up a hill.