Injury thread

Post about your currently injuries, health problems and how they are getting in the way of your gains.

Help out anons that happen to have the same problems.

Shoulder instability
Have to lift really dumb light weights for a while and can't OHP or Squat

Piriformis
I did physical therapy and it didn't do shit. I'm just a beginner and I want to lift so badly, I'm scared and it's awful.

ACL reconstruction and menisceptomy. (knee surgery) 6weeks post op, hitting the PT hard waiting until I can squat and deadlift again.

Jumpers knee, and thats it. On the rehab as we speak.

Got a lil greentext for you absoloute humongous faggots:

>Be today
>walk to gym like usual (literally 5 minutes down the road)
>inner thigh hurts a lil, think nothing of it
>Leg-day
>fuarrrrrk not this shit
>decide to go for it anyways
>lmao2pl8 squat ez 5x5
>Third set, fuck it up the weight lmao3pl8
>all is going well until the inner thigh begins hurting again
>Not like before, we talking straight up knife getting lodged into inner thigh pain
>fuarrkk gotta finish my set tho
>finish set
>sit down, pain is gone
>allmywuts.gif
>stand up
>JESUSCHRISTONAFUCKINGTRICYCLEWHATISTHIS
>Realize I might have taken the wrong fucking train straight into snap-city
>sitting here now 3 hours later writing this shit
>If I try to squat, no weight my fucking inner-thigh feels like it's about to explode

Fucking fuck Veeky Forums. Football season starts NEXT WEEKEND. Guess that's what I get for doing leg-day..

I've been having shoulder issues lately and I think cycling makes it worse so I don't know what to do. Can't lift heavy, can't bike, can't run cause knees, not warm enough to swim yet

Some kind of hip impingement. I think it's femoral anterior glide but that's just guesswork. I've googled it so much I've overloaded myself with information from a bunch of different sources and don't know what to believe or what's really effective in treating it. Plus a bunch of it involves doing weird massages in the groin area with gym equipment that I don't have at home and sure as fuck don't want to do at the gym, I'll probably get kicked out if I start rubbing their shit up my groin, and I would look like a fucking weirdo anyway.

Idk, I'm starting to feel hopeless about it, there's no way I'm ever gonna make it if I can't even squat.

>there's no way I'm ever gonna make it if I can't even squat.

Jumpers knee guy here

know that feel man, ive been trying to rehab this shit for ages. Hoping to get back into it one day.

anyone else ever get weird/ hard heart pumps? like i'll be sat down doing nothing and suddenly BOOM i can feel my heart do some super pump and then-nothing, completely back to normal until it happens again next month or some shit

My hip adductor has been nagging me lately. It is literally not euphoric and i am not in optimal conditions. So i just rail ESP and old jack to get through my euphoric pull day

>Supraspinus tendonitis
>Scapular dyskinesis
>Long thoracic nerve
No upper body workout besides rehab exercises for a year.

KILL ME

>tendonitis

bane of my fucking existence

>do some push ups warming up for bench
>feel my shoulder getting hot and painful
Hurt a bit for a day, but no functional issues, full ROM for everything. Didn't do any shoulder work for a week, then started slowly, but everytime I do heavy stuff, it hurts slightly the next day, then goes away again. Not sure what to do.

Had on and off patellar tendinitis on both knees for the past 3 years, I know it will never go away. I've completely given up on squats, just deadlifts and running for my legs.

I went from having pain just getting off my bed to no pain at all from doing my rehab exercises. Im pretty sure im gonna fix it.

fell on my shoulder while trying a kick.
15 days ago.
hurts when ohp.
also hurts if i stretch it over my head or force ir while stretched in any position.
hope it''lll just fix itself in a week

I refuse to quit squatting, i want that 5pl8 highbar in my life time.... so close......

burnout from last summer. last week was the first time back at the gym. kinda feeling dizzy and get nauseous while training but oh well, better going through that shit with some good gains than to rot at home in front of my computer.

Had some nagging elbow pain for a while that I think is caused from golfers elbow? Anyone got any tips for getting rid of it?

try to stop tricep training for a while, see if it gets better.

If I do that it'll go away in about ~2 weeks and then come back once I start lifting regularly again. It's nothing terrible but it's kind of annoying.

GERD can cause you diaphragm to spasm which can give that sensation. There might be other things which cause semi frequent diaphragm spasms.

>hernia
JUST

Yea, sounds about right. You're gonna have to stretch, and mash your fucking arms man. And when the pain has gone away doing everyday shit, and even light lifting. Start doing the lifts that would aggravate it, start VERY light.

so light that you can do 3 sec concentric and eccentric for 15 reps, do it every other day for a week. Proceed to 10 reps, upping the weights obviously, then 8, then 5 reps and then 3.

Some pain during rehabbing is ok, dont let it pass a 5 on a 1-10 scale. Track the pain every day, if pain starts dropping off with time you're doing something right.

You need to strengthen the tendon again, its not gonna fix itself, but it might not hurt unless you try to lift.

t-nation com/training/tendonitis-cure
>tnation
yes i know, but im doing something like this for my knee and its working

strongerbyscience com/squatting-with-patellar-tendinopathy/

Read this, you will learn about the tendon and how the injury works. This applies to your elbow, as it is essentially the same injury just its in your elbow and not knee like mine.

Hip labral tear + hip bursitis

5 weeks post op but it's been 7 months since ive been able to train legs. my legs are a disgrace now.

At worst I didn't walk for 2 months, but I served in the military last year with it. Squatting seems to inflame both of my knees immediately so tough luck for me.

Hopefully I can keep it as healthy as it is now, since I'm deploying in Lebanon as a peacekeeper in November.

Fucking sucks man, do you atleast stretch and roll?

ruptured my pec repping 2.5pl8 BP for 8 reps on december
I can now almost do 2pl8 for 5...
never trying stupid shit like 1RM

Compression fracture in my L2 vertebrae. I am never squatting (with weight) or doing deadlift (especially not straight leg) again. Biking is the only way for me to get my legs in shape now.

>Biking is the only way for me to get my legs in shape now.
leg curls?
leg extensions?
Seated calf raises?

fuck up tendons generally. lately its been the tendon connecting my chest to my shoulder so benching is painful. recurrent. i make muscle gains really quickly, get overexicited and then fuck my tendons which take years to heal

this. im done lifting for maxes, fuck it. 5 reps minimum

Damn OP, I'm recovering from lower lumbar nerve damage. Thank god its healing up just fine but it was a spooker.

>injure on 8 reps
>FUCK IT IM NEVER DOING 1RM AGAIN

???????????????????

I actually do leg extensions some days, but biking is much more rewarding because there's lots of views on top of the mountains and it's like killing two birds with one stone because cardio.

Yeah, and usually do some ice as a precautionary when I feel it getting worse again. It's easily livable with, and I'm still a bit hopeful that maybe I can do some olympic weightlifting in the future. For now I'll stick to DL, m'bench, pullups and OHP.

Whenever I do chest press or incline chest press I feel my left elbow just kind of wiggle around, its hard to explain but whenever I lift the bar it kind of moves and I feel discomfort.
I think I've had golfer's elbow for a long time and I cant fix this.
Can anyone help me out?

going for 1RM definitelly puts you at higher risk that 8rep max
Because I tore my pec while doing 8reps, I blame it not on weight being too big for tendons but, because of my shitty warm up. Now I always strech a lot and warmup properly before any compound.
Also not doing 1RM on bech ever again because I have lots of scarr tissue in my pec right now, and from what I've heard theyre easier to re-tear

I thought squats were good if you had bad knees

They are, but i overdid it and didnt warm up properly.

you started with heavy weights?

cannot deadlift. gonna stop doing them completely, because they fuck my lumbar area up. feel fine doing them, then my SI joint (i assume) starts feeling shit, then my back seizes up. 4 days later, still some pain when i get out of bed, but otherwise fine. walking no problem at any point.

so ill just do bulgarians, nordic curls, maybe learn hip thrusters...

too bad, its a damn fine exercise, but i've always had issues with it.

I didnt do enough warmup sets, i would essentially do bar for 2-3 reps, 1pl8 for 1, 2pl8 for 1, 3pl8, 4pl8 then wahtever my work sets were. Ive started doing only the bar for 2 sets of 5-10 and same with 60kg before i move on.

When I do squats and deadlifts my lower back is sore.

I strained my back doing deadlifts months ago and it still nags me.

I use intrabdominal pressure. I keep a neutral spine and I have tried sumo desdlifts and squats (they hurt my hips so fuck that)

Should I be tightening my lower back during squats and deads? The 'drop your dick between your knees' type of hip movement to make my lower back tight?

How have you not figured this out yet you fucking idiot?

Every fucking time I start making gains, I sleep wrong a fuck up a muscle in my neck and it hurts all the way down to my elbow or my shoulder blade. Side sleeper, can't do back or stomach,

i get this in my left side. if i focus on descending evenly, i don't get the pain. i think it has to do with my right glutes not firing properly, due to poor motor patterns.

physio said i have a tendency to let the right side of my pelvis drop. eg. stand on one leg, does your hip stay neutral, or does it tilt?

I got some major ass scoliosis but it's in my upper back next to my explosive ass lungs so the only way is risky surgery. This shit is what I assume has given me one fucking built ass trap and delt and one twink as fuck trap and delt that just looks odd as fuck, as well as making me 5'10" when i could be 6'2" like my grandfather. I can't even get surgery now because Obama Care raised the price of my Medicaid.

Because not all trainers recommend it and it feels weird as fuck like I am excessively arching my spine especially during deadlifts. I've looked at tonnes of form videos and the only person that mentions it is Rippetoe.

Neutral spine or slight curve in lower back, thats it. Soreness is normal, deal with it or go back to being sedentary.

I am new to lifting and after OHP I have a very slight, almost unnoticeable tingle in my upper back on my spine but it's making me paranoid. It kind of feels like pain but it really just feels like a random sensation. Is it anything to worry about?

Also why are compound movements so popular? It seems like half the people that do them completely fuck their body up

>Also why are compound movements so popular? It seems like half the people that do them completely fuck their body up

Because they go too heavy, form breaks and they get injured. Or they dont know good form, or they over do it and end up with overuse injuries.

s t o p
b e i n g
a
b i t c h

is that an actual leafy chin profile shot?

ego lifting > ego injury

>Scoliosis
I know that feel...

Osteocondroma, preventing me from doing almost all leg work for a while. I have exercises my doctor has me do daily. Does anyone have any good routines for the rest of the body? Stuff like SS and SL are basically nothing when you take out deads and squats

>strange sensation that may be a warning sign for future damage
>says to stop being a bitch

Have fun in the hospital

Same here I have that and miserable malalignent and a bulged disc. I'm getting surgery to correct my legs but my back is fucked.

Palpitations, you're going to die

My lower back curves outwards kinda? If I stand really straight and like force my stomach out it will go straight, but if I bend over it's like a shark fin kinda

What is the recover time for a bulged disc? My Mri said it's miminally bulging.

I'm pretty sure I've done something to my right shoulder, it hurts when I lift and I'm pretty sure it's a rotator cuff injury either a tear or a sprain? I don't know what to do /Fit, I've been lifting for a year and I feel heavily depressed now. Do I keep lifting with babyweight or do I stop lifting and just do stretches.

This is going to sound odd but semi-heavy deadlifts with perfect form can help you recover from a bulged disc.

Plantar fasciatis in both heels. I finally saw a doctor last week and he recommend some stretching/pt stuff. So far it hasn't done much, but I'm hoping in 6-8 weeks I'll be better.

I appreciate it but it was due to my misaligned tibias and femur before I try rehabbing with deadlifts I'm trying to find a surgeon to correct my legs. I just don't know where to look. Thanks for you advice brother I appreciate it!!

my wrist is messed up so i can't bench but weirdly enough i can still do dips with no pain so hopefully my bench doesn't torpedo but it still pains me to not make bench gains

Sprained (I think) my ring finger yesterday. There's bruising on the palm side near the knuckle, and obviously it's sore when I close my hand.

Can't afford to see Doc; NEET.

Was reading online that 'weakness' could be a damaged nerve, which I'm scared of cause that doesn't sound like something that would heal on its own. Also, I get a sharp pain when I put lateral force on the finger. I can make a fist with a stress ball and I dont get the sharp pain, but if I just press anything against the finger laterally, I get sharp fucking pains.

Anyone had anything similar? OR have I actually got nerve damage? The 'weakness' is really scary, it's hard for me to even use enough force to close my hand :(

who /lifting bitchweight at 8 - 15 reps because tired of getting injured all the time/ here?

>who /lifting bitchweight at 8 - 15 reps because tired of getting injured all the time/ here?
Same here brother I have to lift 10 lbs just benching. Fucking blows

I have this thing with my knees if I squat below parallel. The tendon will rub over the bone on the side of my knee and get irritated and pretty soon it will be painful to go up and down stairs, so I can't do anything that puts stress on my knees for few weeks after. For this reason I squat with moderate weight, never below parallel. Pretty annoying.