/FITLIT/ general

How did you make gains in your mind today?
Im reading up on traditionalist Julius Evola

Reminder that evola is pleb tier

I'm still including a few excerpts about early 20th century history in my compilation guide though

Stop poisoning your mind with frogtwitter trash.

>reading pseudo intellectual "books"
>looking like a tryhard ready shit that's boring af
>not reading manga
Kys

Should be finished with Ride The Tiger tomorrow, then reading The Prince by Machiavelli next

stay mad soyboy

I am currently reading eisenhower the white house years and a book on buying and selling stocks.

Read Siege by James Mason, bros.

Hail victory.

I got second hand embarrassment from your collection. Your poor parents

After some user posted this last night I've been looking into Schopenhauer, may pick up a book on him when I get time to breathe from grad school.

The jokes over, coitusboy

Rereading The oddysey

I'd like to post the libraries I saved before h8 chn crashed, but the spam blocker keeps blocking my post

Based Joe de Maistre is God Tier

lmao soy lmao incel memes lmao bugmen I'm hip edgy and totally not ironic

About 75% of the way through Thinking Fast and Slow. Really excellent but is long af. What else goes well with the aforementioned? I've finished Blink and Black Swan, as well as Presuasion and Influence. I'm looking for something in audiobook format too, for cardio.

Ride the Tiger is not his best imo.

I'd recommend reading Rene Guenon's "Crisis of the Modern World" first, THEN read "Revolt against the Modern World".

Reminder that if you haven't started with the Greeks, you're mentally curling in the squat rack and brainchads will intentionally cuck you in the workplace because of your obvious mental weakness

That dude was batshits crazy. He believed in Crowley tier sex magick.

That's ass backwards my dude. Machiavelli is one of my favorites tho.

Reading manga in itself Is neither good nor bad. It's just one more medium with much wierd stuff and a few fine pieces, not worse than all these retarded western romance novels or similar stuff.

But your collection doesn't really shine in your favour...

Loving that mid-00's Waterstones aesthetic, famalam. I'm getting nostalgic for my college days just thinking about it.

More like Ride the Wheelchair.

Evola spent most of his life confined to wheelchair in the safety of his home while writing edgy books about "living on the edge" in the modern world.

I would not take advice from a man who lost his ability to walk for having a habit of roaming around the city during WW2 bombing raids just to "ponder his destiny"

this.
Though I would say if you're not used to reading, you should probably read some shorter contemporary works first.
Going zero to greek can be quite a challenge. Like trying to bench 2 plates the first time you go to the gym.

Anyone reading ride the tiger without knowing Heidegger is a moron.

Currently reading Bunyan's grace abounding, Wilson's holy Roman empire, and Kuhn's structure of scientific revolutions. Plus revising for physics finals.

mental gains are a waste of time unless it's to help you improve in a hobby or improve your wealth like getting a better job through school

>Vampire high school
>Samari champloo
>French phrases
I can dig it.
>Other people like things I don't like. They must be pretending.
Lol, nope.

Working on my thesis, maybe play a little guitar later on today :)

>fit has a /fitlit/ general to preserve the memories
>meanwhile /mlpol/ is holding /qa/ hostage until they get their board back

pottery

Remember to read some stuff contrarian to your current views too! There's always a decent chance you are still stuck in a bubble, so range widely and consider everything seriously.

I need to learn more Japanese but I also need to clean my apartment.

Help /fitlit/ my jog has made me too lazy to go through all the stairs that are on the way to the laundry mat, all I want to do it shitpost

I notice the boy on ral grad is shirtless on every cover. Is this some sort of homo-bait manga?

/fitlit/ is still up, just unlisted

He was influential (sort of) but retarded. He's best for having a giggle at Naziism and the thinking behind some of its shit.

Anyone who thinks its serious brainbuster is a Supermang tier joke.

Try posting to it.

My GF is very open minded, would Ride the Tiger be a good introduction to ideas about society that she had never considered before?

She's lived in a very much left liberal bubble, and I'm showing her what else exists out there

I'm going to listen to Ben (((Shapiro))) today. Hopefully Iearn something

>2017
>Not reading the Enchiridion
Wew lads

Ben Shapiro is a little jew boy faggot who cries at the mention of muh shoa

What is the general opinion on The Alchemist here?

Honestly I'm not a rightist but I'd imagine it's a little too out there. Something like Chesterton is probably a better bet, it turned me conservative for a while.

Good to know. I might read it first and judge. What else might you suggest?

Good despite the poor form on the cover

Burke after Chesteron. Also maybe seeing like a state if you want a more modern and easy read. It's a great intro to why "the government should step in and fix it!" is often much worse than nothing.

Have you got anything from far outside your own bubble going? I'm currently reading some trotskyite black nationalism, it's great fun!

>

Rand gets you thinking about your individualism at least.

evola is pseudointellectual trash.

>tfw forgot my book at home

I'm reading a collection of writing called "The Angel that Troubled the Water"

It's nice

You two ought to be aware that Burke and Chesterton are not exactly conservative. This is partly because the frame of reference has changed over time for different political/philosophical stances, but also you're seeing what you want to see a bit (it's not unusual). Just be aware that your gf's interpretation may be different to your own yet still as valid. Good to read tho either way.

Now TS Eliot on the other hand...

The only good thing to come out of Rand was the overly polite putdown by Nozick.

you can say he's a weird LARPer or something but i can't see what's "psuedointellectual" about him. he was at the end of the day a researcher and was always highly regarded by the experts of relevant fields.

you undoubtably haven't read anything

Just got myself Confession of a Mask and Sun and Steel by Yukio Mishima.

That guy is Veeky Forums Veeky Forums /lgbt/ and /pol/ combined.

>and was always highly regarded by the experts of relevant fields
Under a very limited definition of "was always".

Even /r9k/, he was not all that well respected by the majority of his peers and such.

Worked at Waterstones during my final year of uni (last year), can confirm it's still like this.

Burke is literally the foundation of 20th century conservatism though?

Where to go after Proust?

>being THIS mad online

This, my background to political literature and philosophy was actually a lot of communist literature. From there I have broadened my horizons and it is safe to say i am by no means a communist. However, understanding how the 'other side' thinks can be extremely helpful

He's superb. I recommend sun and steel as an intro to his work, as it gives a great deal of context to his other work. The sailor who fell from grace with the sea is also a must read

Just started Atlas Shrugged.

This stuff is on the list.
>Art of War
>Art of the Deal
>Some dostoevsky
>some nietzche
>Dune
>gotta finish Models

Also started writing a matrix rip-off inspired by the internet. Gonna mainly be set in VR and be about terrorism, tech and gf v friends.

>everybody's reading fucking Evola
>nobody's reading my man Ernst Junger
fucking plebs

Art of the deal is full of contradictions. Only recommend reading if you want to see how retarded trump is.

If a 3-second viewing of any of his public speeches isn't enough to convince you how retarded he is, then maybe you're beyond redemption

Advice on Nietzsche: the less you try to understand him the better you'll understand him and the better time you'll have. He's a real pain in the ass to try to dissect like you would Kant or Wittgenstein or any other normal philosopher.

Post max bench and current book you're reading. If it's "Farewell to Arms" you get all of my lol.

The art of the deal is a very strange book. I know it was ghostwritten, but even through the lens of his biographer Trump comes off like an autistic child with the special interest of real estate. Everything is connected back to this one obsession, and obsessively quantified in very odd ways.

Wittgenstein is super hard to understand bro. Nietzsche is the most misread because people don't want to read the rather hefty amount of literature he references, and honestly you cannot make a massive amount of sense out of him without being fairly well read. And they often go for TSZ which is one of his hardest works, it becomes a kind of Rorschach where they just see what they want to see. And thinking about it he translates really poorly.

Wittgenstein has some good secondary literature but is seemingly willfully misread all over the place so a vast sea of work on him is shite. Much of the shite also has a cult of personality thing going on somehow. When you do engage with him properly it is quite hard to work out appropriate responses.

Kant is also underestimated but w/e he is easier imo.

>being an ironic memer preaching to legions of kekistani 12 year olds

Adam Smith is literally the foundation of free market capitalism too, and the old liberals are literally the foundation of libertarianism. Influence is not the same as... ownership I guess? I doubt Burke would recognize 20th C Conservatism as his own.

that book gave me PTSD by proxy

Wittgenstein is difficult no doubt, but he's more logical so you can break him down easier than breaking down Nietzsche. Wittgenstein is like top tier for parsing sentences and breaking down arguments, for sure, but like you said you need to be way more well read to understand what Nietzsche is doing and you have to be aware of the popular philosophies and pop culture of his time as well as understanding when Nietzsche is being sarcastic and when he's being genuine.

If you sat down with W and were determined to hammer it out you could without much, if any, outside knowledge aside from formal and symbolic logic. You will never be able to do that with N, especially not with TSZ.

Kant is the most simplistic and therefore easiest of these three to grasp, but honestly if you can deal with Kant you can deal with W, it's just going to take more time. W is hard to respond to because he's very thorough while describing things that are rather simplistic and seem like they might not even need an argument, i.e. "There can be no private languages".

lmao

>Unironically reading anything by Ayn Rand

Are you in highschool, bro?

I'm gonna learn my third language which is dutch

I was given this book as a gift. I wasn't going to read it. Then I saw how much it's mocked by leftist bitches and I'm going to read it and embrace it.

>but he's more logical
Wittgenstein is all about "BUT YOU CAN'T EVEN LOGIC!!!11". The whole point of the Tractatus for example is that the logic breaks itself down. So no. Now to skim the rest of the comment...

Oh wow, yeah I agree with everything else pretty much bro. I would say that Kant is the driest and so the least fun to read, and Nietzsche is very poetic and fun to read. But you're totally right, you don't really need much background for Kant or W in general. Good comment.

That's painfully beta af.

As far as Veeky Forums education goes i'm just passing green eggs and ham

My gains were real. In my mind.

You should read his recently published War Diaries

Im halfway through the stand by Stephen king

Bruh I meant W writes in a more logical fashion than N. Not that he just uses logic to arrive at his points.

Confusing word choice on my part I suppose since he's certainly not like Spinoza

Read the unabridged version it's far better

Wisdom of life is amazing

>Evola
>Pleb Tier
Shut your whore mouth.

Classic steak and eggs diet N O I C E

>yfw you accept the modern world is trash and you just ride the tiger

Italyfag here, I pity you guys. Some of his most obscure shit (newspaper articles, brief essays) is also some of his best stuff and it has never been translated. AH AH, I ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN'T!

At the same time tho he wasn't a very good writer so eh.

t. someone whos never read evola

it's like the same people who say "mein kampf is incomprehensible rambling xD" but then you read it and, whether you agree with it or not, it's first a memoir then the second part is a political manifesto and you realized you were lied to

> (You)
>At the same time tho he wasn't a very good writer so eh.
Well he's quite repetitive, I concede you that point. Yet he wasn't a novel writer so it's best to just get over it.

Mein Kampf is also not good writing. Neither was Hitler a good orator.

If you want a good writer with that narrow set of political views, Knut Hamsun is good.

Evola is based but you need to be familiar with the basics of philosophy before you can really understand him.

Ride the Tiger can offer an excellent framework for the traditionalist orientated man in this modern world. It's even more relevant today than when it was first published.

>Neither was Hitler a good orator.
DELET DIS

>Neither was Hitler a good orator.

Haha now I KNOW you're talking out of your ass. Watch 'Triumph Of The Will'

Fuck, that reads like a shitty high school essay.