Let's talk about Joe Rogan

Let's talk about Joe Rogan

I'm getting back into nutrition and lifting after a being a lazy fuck for a while and I'm wondering if this is the guy to listen to

he gives tons of nutrition and weight lifting advice. Is he worth listening to? Also, what does Veeky Forums think of his podcast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk
youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M&index=2&list=FL5zMWgz4W78kyEHV4TXeGuA
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard

I'm listening to his podcast right now

Recommend me some episodes there's so many

Jordan Peterson and Jocko Willink

his perception of lifting is skewed. He takes test. Look at him when he was younger. he had 0 muscle until he started taking test. Listen to someone that has made gains natty

absolutely not
also he's on roids..

ahhahahaha you got me tears of laughter good job

The first one with Gavin Mcinnes

youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M&index=2&list=FL5zMWgz4W78kyEHV4TXeGuA

All you need to know.

Ron White
Joey Diaz

is he really that hard or could I have him?

wim hof

if you're interested in the guest, listen to his podcast. If not, don't.
That's basically what everyone does in regards to his podcast

jordan peterson
apparently back in the day he deadlifted 450 pounds. idunno tho

Milo for autistic screeching

#911 alex jones

>not the Alex Jones one
Isn't that the most downloaded podcast of all time?

He has good guests but his lugheadedness gets annoying. He's also championed every new fitness/nutrition trend of the last ten years

He also gets pretty defensive when you say anything against weed.

His podcasts with Duncan Trussell are unlistenable

>The gov't doesn't want you to meet god, maaaaaann

If you're looking for a god-tier podcast on lifting and nutrition, listen to Mind Pump it's great shit. Their earlier stuff is best for the basic knowledge, although the more recent stuff kind of goes more in detail.

Everything with Duncan Trussell is unlistenable.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

That's a huge understatement. He goes INSANE when you mention anything even neutral against weed. He's pretty rational when it comes to everything else.

Thats pretty much any weed user. They think weed criticism is some sort of anti-stoner conspiracy.

Well for about a hundred years it was.

Hi joe

Jamie pull that up.

Gravity literally bleeding in. Also, tension points and shit.

Holy shit what the fuck is Alex Jones on? He's tripping balls

Bro that was dead on

O U T

O F

C O N T E X T

but srsly, he was saying "this is what the crazy elite believe"

Thanks example man.

The podcast with Gary taubes is really good. They don't go crazy on ketogenic like usual and stick to a sugar is bad thing discussion. The discussion on how to figure out what nutrition information is based on rigorous science versus bs is worth listening for anyone getting Veeky Forums

The Roag is love, the Roag is life

>how dare you

Any episode with Dr. Rhonda. A lot of what she talks about is over most people's heads, but still interesting regardless.

He's entertaining and interesting to listen to when you want to waste time, he generally has the right attitude about most things but is a dumb manchild about a minority and is a shill for whatever he's doing constantly.

In regards to nutrition, no, absolutely not.

All you need to know about nutrition can be boiled down to one page on the internet:

whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Eat 40% of the foods on that list focused mainly around fresh veg every month and you'll hit 99% of any nutritional requirements you can think of. Change it around every month or two.

Job done, you're nutritionally healthy and sound, no need to subscribe to the meme of the month or listen to some comedian podcasters opinions on sugar and milk estrogens.

Alex Jones
Randall Carson (there's a few)

Bas Ruten episodes are good motivation and funny

His podcast completely depends on the guest.
He seems unnatural with most of the intellectual guests.
I prefer when he has other comedians on.

I enjoy his podcast, but I definitely wouldn't listen to him too seriously on any intellectual/scientific issue.

Dietetics student here, and majored in exercise science during my undergrad so I do know a lot about lifting and nutrition (inb4 stats)

His advice on lifting isn't very useful and he mainly just goes on about kettlebells and how you should never do isolation exercises. Isolation exercises definitely have their place in most lifting routines and are useful at building strength for specific movements and activities. Joe needs to remember that everyone has different goals and capabilities, and that kettlebells aren't for everyone. Also for general strength and health, barbell movements seem to generally produce greater results and provide just as much functional carryover as kettlebells do.

As for nutrition: he does seem to basically cling to whatever the latest fad diet is, and gets guests promoting that fad diet to spout psuedoscientific nonsense at him to confirm it. He really likes to talk about low-carb/ketogenic diets, which I wouldn't recommend for most people. Maybe it works for him, but as a general rule, low-carb diets do more harm than good, as do any diets which demonise any particular food group. Some of his nutrition guests are bonkers and wrong (Gary Taubes), some are fairly knowledgable but for whatever reason insist on claiming something that goes against what the majority of the dietetics community believes (Chris Kresser, Robb Wolf), and some are actually smart and worth listening to (Rhonda Patrick)

The Alex Jones one, Jessie Ventura one, and the ones with Chris and Mark bell.