Smith Machine

Thoughts?

i use it for pull ups cuz my gym is stupid, i dont rly like it verty much for any other purpose

squats/bench/diddly machine for old men who used to be powerlifters
also a meme machine used by ig fitness chicks

I squat 1pl8 on the Smith Machine
What's wrong with that?

Great for calf raises with either a plate or one of those lift things under your feet.

Good for pullups if your gym doesn't have any straight bars.

Useless for anything else.

Everyone who is /fraud/ at my gym uses it, don't bother using it if you're natty besides calf raises

Good for not snapping your shit when pressing behind your head

Just don't.

Former Smithfag, here
If you use them for anything besides pull-ups and calf raises, they'll fuck up your form, your joints, and your body's ability to stabilize free weight
They set me behind on my progress by over a year because they fucked up my wrists and rotator cuff.
Don't do it, user
Don't you fucking dare

just because it looks like a barbell, it doesn't make it any better than any other machine.

machines are fine for some basic assistance/pump work but if you structure your routine around machines or if you do any of the big lifts with machines as your main exercises you need to drop your routine and do something legit

my gym has like 3 of these goddamned things and one fucking squat rack

why

A much better and safer alternative to free weight squats. Imagine getting the same amount of gains without destroying your spine and minimizing risk on critical joints like your knees. Because of it's stable design, it lowers the amount of pressure points that your body experiences, which the human body is not intended or designed to withstand over long periods of time.

This. Watch anyone squat on these things. They don't come up, they push back.

/thread

I do lunges on the smith machine cuz balance issues

only useful for chinups/pullups and caf raises

Useful for sport specific and very specific isolation training. Most frequently useful as a supplement to, not a replacement of barbell training.

Smithfag here
Today I didn't squat on the Smith but in the Squat rack

I feel like I had a better workout

Why doesn't someone just invent a Smith machine that allows for some degree of bar movement?

I keep telling the staff at my gym to put the Smith machine in the girl's locker room where it belongs and put another cage in it's place.

You're not working out all the muscles you could be. Go try 1pl8 on a big boy rack.

It's only 90 lbs, the bar doesn't count on a smith machine

Power cage

>not loading your skeleton with a heavy weight
INTO THE TRASH

>Thoughts?
The only thing you should do in that thing is shruggs in front and shrugs behind the back

Fuck, I knew it was fucking my wrists but I keep going back anyway. I'm too scared to use the barbell without a spotter since my gymbro lost his job and had to cancel his membership.

What is this meme?