Planks

How long can you guys plank? I saw a video by Athlen X that said that if you can do a plank for over 1 minute you shouldn't be doing planks. How true is this? I'm able to do a pank for just over 2 minutes right now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EB8Iom51fdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anything you can comfortably do for a minute is pretty worthless.

Physically i don't know, because the exercise is so mentally void of anything that i quit out of sheer lack of involvement.

What would be an alternative to planks? I dont think weighted planks is a thing. What else does everyone do for core? I just do 1 minute of planks and 10-15 leg lifts? I think there called. 4 sets of these. What do others do?

I just do planks and leg raises, who gives a fuck what some guy said

>I dont think weighted planks is a thing.

>I dont think weighted squats is a thing

Really user, really?

Abs dont respond to just doing exercises like you would for other muscles. Doing a set then having a break and then another set wont work. You need to do an intense workout.

youtube.com/watch?v=EB8Iom51fdA

Honestly if you can hold it for 30 seconds you should probably switch to a harder variation.

Lift your legs up and move your elbows in front of your head. Makes them quite a bit harder. The only thing I do solely for core is dragon flags.

>I dont have abs and my work out is ineffective
>who cares what some guy who has great abs and a great workout says
hue

>Abs are super special muscles quite different from all others

>lift your legs up

What? isn't that handstand?

>dragon flags.
god tier exercise for burning abs

but im scared im fucking up my back doing them

but i do have abs aand it is effective

youtubers gotta youtube and always need to say they're gonna tell you the latest dirty tricks, clickbaits and jewtube's money is a helluva drug
if you can plank for two minutes go for it, planks are really the only exercise (besides the big 5 compound lifts) you need for abs

it's a thing, I'd recommend someone spotting you for the whole time and placing and removing the pl8 from your back
I've seen some hardcore faggot running into troubles with a pl8 on their back, not a pretty sight
if for "core" you mean abs, those are not a push or pull muscle group and planks plus compound lifts are pretty much your best route to follow

honestly fpbp

Your abdominal muscles are huge, and cover a wide area

This isnt a bicep, and you're a moron if you're comparing them.

One leg at a time

>dragon flags

I can plank for days but can't do dragon flags though I've always wanted to. What exercises should I start with to progress into them?

Like elevated push ups except it's a plank.

Start with your legs tucked in until your comfortable with them. Be sure you keep your weight on your shoulders and not your neck.

dragonflag negatives, toe to bar hanging leg raises, hollowbody rocks

I'd say negatives would be your best bet.

>Abs are super special muscles quite different from all others

I can plank for 3 minutes easy

>planks

Do planches my friends, they are very beneficial

>toe to bar leg raises
you mean
>momentum kicking leg raises to bar

Leg raises are pretty shit because youre using your hip flexors a lot

Do anything where (a) you can add weight and (b) you're using actual ab range of motion, i.e. flexing your lower back

>flexing your lower back

Fuck this, a million times over

N E U T R A L S P I N E

There's a reason they say to avoid situps and crunches like the fucking plague.

Planks, side planks, knee raises, around the worlds, leg raises, 6 inch leg holds, dragon flags, etc. are all great options that don't compromise your tailbone or lower back