Mfw I can only bench 70 pounds

>mfw I can only bench 70 pounds

Keep at it, we all started somewhere

get out

We all start somewhere. I started at 280 benching 95lbs I weigh 198 right now and hit 225 for 4

this, I started with 70lbs of DB press

>tfw still can't bench more than 175 lbs after 1 year

kill me

why do normies think it's cool to pretend to have anxiety?

theyre gay

no clue but as someone who really has it i wouldn't wish it to anyone

I honestly think it's because the word sounds kinda cool. Memeing normalfags know nothing about "anxiety"

>tfw OHP has hovered around 60-70kg for about 3 years
i have literally zero idea how to improve this lift.

this its horrible

>Be 6'3" lanklet with Crohn's Disease
>Working out for 3 years now
>Still barely pushing 180 b/c it's so hard to gain weight

Will I ever make it bros?

Try tricep isolation workouts, if they're weak.
They'll also do wonders for compound chest lifts

we all start somewhere, man. when i first started lifting, i weighed 120lbs and could only bench 350lbs. the key is consistency.

They think any emotion that isn't happy is a sign that they are mentally ill.

this.

Normies are fucking happiness vampires; they clamor for it relentlessly. They post vapid pics on instagram, do things they don't actually enjoy, and then put the pictures on instagram. But the second they get home and turn on facebook and see everyone else doing things they instantly feel unhappy.

I'm a /fitlit/, and reading David Foster Wallace has really helped me understand that happiness isn't something you seek. Moreover, I don't even think happiness is a real thing. I know joy and sorrow exist, but to be happy is something different altogether. The closest thing to happiness is contentment, and contentment is just another word for "default setting". To put it simply; normies are not gonna make it.

I started at the bar, and now I'm benching 135lbs. Not a huge improvement by Veeky Forums standards, but it still feels good to be benching 3 times as much weight as when I started. Just keep at it, we'll make it eventually if we don't give up.

>tfw 6'3 195 lbs
>cutting to 180

super wide frame,
i just want those abs baby

I started with the bar, and can now almost do 1pl8.

just eat a lot and keep doing it beebz

>Moreover, I don't even think happiness is a real thing.
>Defined as pleasure derived from attaining what you consider to be good, the term happiness comes from the Old Norse root happ, which literally means “chance” or “good luck.” The noun happiness entered English in the 16th century, though the adjective happy predates this noun by 200 years.

Basically it has historically meant "fulfillment". The modern usage of "happiness" is a confused social conception that doesn't exist; thus most people when actually comparing themselves to the idea of happiness find themselves and their life lacking. This leads to all sorts of stupid shit, such as the idea that they're not chemically or psychologically functioning correctly. Then people believe that they're chronically depressed/anxious, etc. instead of just having unnatural expectations of life and their moods

Its ok user, I know someone who isnt even strong enough to bench the bar, he literally got pinned by it.

Try keeping track of your calories through myfitnesspal and logging them in excel along with your weight every morning. Helped me gain weight.

it fucking sucks man. Wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

What are you 10 years old?

At 150lbs benching 180 for 4 reps and still increasing by 5 lbs every workout. I started lifting a couple months ago. Is this exceptional progress or standard?

150 lbs body weight

It's so hard bro, eating 3k a day and still barely making gains.

I blame the teachers and media for producing a generation of people that are prone to depression because they don't realise that life isn't 24/7 of fun and excitement unless you are VERY rich. I've had female colleagues and interns complain to me that "[work] wasn't supposed to be like this". I've had guy friends beat themselves up mentally because they aren't James Bond.

At a certain point you have to realise there will be days, weeks and months when you will have to grind.

>started lifting a couple months ago
you should be benching at least 2plate by now kid.

its normal for someone who was physically active or did sports when they were younger.

I hadn't lifted in years when I started again last spring and my bench was 185 the day I walked in and kept growing from there.

How do you build up weight/strength?

With volume and time.

Probably because you're only eating 3k a day

What's your nutrition like? If you eat enough protein, you should be making progress.

>tfw started at 135, 3 weeks ago

Being fat helped my inherent strength, but I was worried about the weight being so low. Thanks for putting things in perspective for me.

We're all gonna make it bros

>weighed 120lbs
>could only bench 350 lbs

uw0tm8?

just use madcow progression if you're stalling

This, we all start somewhere. I couldn't bench 135 for a single fucking rep 6 months ago. Now I bench 165 for 5 reps. Just keep at it man, you have to keep at it. Lifting weights isn't something you do short term, you get out what you put in, just like the rest of life. Nobody would care if you had a bachelor's degree that only took you two weeks to get. Nobody would care if weightlifting was extremely fast and took minimal effort. The reason it's impressive is because it's a lifestyle choice. A year from now you'd be benching 185 and at least look like you've seen the inside of a gym. You just have to keep going.

I started at 70lbs too and I'm still a benchlet but i look good now