>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between reps

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

how's everyone doing this monday?
my shoulder recovered, hitting it hard today, week 9 in progression

How long did it take to strengthen your wrists for handstands?

not doing handstands as I lack triceps for them, gonna work on it once I can do Pbar dips (7months from now if all goes well)
My wrist mobility improved considerably since I started, at first I was unable to do push ups due to wrist pain.

Nice to see this general up again.

I'll be starting from scratch after finishing uni. I want everyone to know that if you don't know what the proper form is then you're doing it wrong. Everything from the most basic of push-ups, pull-ups to running has proper form and these are NOT intuitive movements. Especially when you're at your last set and too tired to even notice that you're using the wrong movement pattern and pulling and developing muscles in all the wrong directions.

If you are torrenting the Foundation series, please cross-reference whatever movement you're doing with more detailed explanations. They look deceivingly simple only for you to realize after three months that you've been doing it completely wrong.

This is how you get permanent injuries, imbalances, and lots of frustration and wasted time.

The shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle, knee, hip, back, neck - these are complex joints and should be treated with the same amount of delicacy that life took to develop them. Highly recommend joint preparation and developing active flexibility.

Nobody told me this beforehand and thank god I didn't get anything too bad doing the terrible shit I did when I was 17.

Godspeed and enjoy. Whole world's your gym and playground.

Im running Foundation, Rings, and Handstand 1 and 2 twice a eek respectively plus doing fitnessFAQs bodyweight evolution plus his body by rings program at night will i be destroying my gains

just add in SS + GOMAD and you're all set

Can I do the Armstrong pull-up routine in combination with my normal weightlifting, or will it interfere with the rest of the exercises and my gains?

I'm joining the military soon and I need to work on the PT test. Im pretty skinny and would I like to gain some weight (5'11",140lbs). My question is can I gain muscle and look like pic related if I do high reps of push ups, situps, pullups, and running?

That stuff is for casuals. Not gonna give you pic related.

With what are you hitting it?

nice dub dubs
i just thought doing gst plus some hypertrophy training would be logical

youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo

one thing i never see here is any helpful info on mobility. right now i see one link for wrist mobility and that's it.

why, guys? mobility is massively important for calisthenics.

probably because theres integrated mobility for every exercise from gymnasticbodies

its never enough

most calisthenics guys (guys only) i've come across aren't mobile enough to do the moves they want. it always seems to be the most prevalent limiting factor and its absurd to me that more time isn't spent on it

what? were you seriously going to do all of that in your previous post?

stick to one routine if you don't know what you're doing yet. eventually you get a good rhythm for when things could use a change of pace, plus reading about programming and conditioning of course. read up and listen to some of the guys posted in the OP. look up Joshua Naterman on youtube and reddit and just take your time with it.

if you really want to do those gymnastics moves, Foundation is still the best way to get there. covers all the basics, joint prep, mobility, strength, and coordination. it's not the final say or a gymnastics bible, but it's solid. lots of talented and intelligent people have a gripe with Sommer like Naterman and Ido Portal, and their points are a good way for you find out how you really want to approach all this.

Kit Laughlin also has an enjoyable take on what movement and stretching should be about.

just make use of the resources available to you and take it at your own pace.

check Kit Laughlin for a more detailed approach to mobility. he's got a channel but he's stopped uploading. you'll have to pay for his content, but if there's anyone who deserves it, it's him.

you can also find a torrent for mobility routines included with videos [spoiler]GB.[/spoiler] i know spoilers don't work but i'd rather not see the torrents get taken down.

scattered around the gymnasticbodies forums are some good gems of information that i continue to use.

Foundation also has wrist prep in Handstand with progressions.

the main problem is that there's just too much information scattered around and no clearly delineated philosophy behind any which one. Kit's is the closest you get. they'll give you the movements, the pointers, the sets and reps, but never how to make sense of it all integratively. the way most people have been doing it without a coach is to just listen to their body and get a feel for what works best.

same shit. I got curious when somebody said that they found much better results with a mobility routine done on separate days than with the foundation integrated mobility exercises. From a QTDDTOT thread I got some book recommendations
>Becoming a supple leopard
I am learning about proper form - You think you got it right but there is always something to surprise you. Don't know if there is mobility in this one.
>The anatomy of stretching
haven't started yet.
>Starting Stretching
I think this is a meme from SS. Rippetoe himself says he's not an expert on the topic and that it is pretty basic.

I really want some Foundation-like resource with which I can dive into stretching, and not having to read lengthy books. But haven't found it yet.

If I give you an email can you give me the torrent?

How do you warm up for dips? I injured myself doing them a while ago and want to ease myself into them again, but I don't want to hurt myself

where did you hurt yourself?

really? what moves are you referring to im curious

a straddle l-sit to handstand is a good example of one that demands mobility fucking everywhere

how many guys here can do that? not many probably. why? mobility issues.

I woke up this morning and my right shoulder hurt pretty bad, yesterday was my rest day and i felt fine then. Any ideas what it could be?

shoulder cancer

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:22pb3hdgpmysiqyh43sp3wpeq7xmhl2i

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:jdsl7z6vmsv3mxps2rai5xbke4pymdlx

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:jpgnisfujrfyem5c5g6xhcbemmdmi6z5

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a7c5k5ziypltwdeyebrtgdcjokpjv4pg

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:hhj5pbpxy3pvqoxs7kcgmrvhjm6sk3fm

Careful with these though. I live in a third world country so torrenting is no problem. I don't know if your ISP would give a shit about this.

3rd world country as well, feels good sometimes.

You kidding me? It's the best. The knowledge at your fingertips. I have lectures for neuroscience from UCLA, Harvard's org chem lectures, the NBME qbanks, molecular biology with the problems manual, journal articles and so much more.

You need to expand on your torrent searchers.

I use

isohunt
tpb
torrentz2
monova
zooqle
bookfi
gen.lib
sci-hub

So would you give any directions or just unzip and start doing what it tells me? btw I am really grateful for these

Are you unfamiliar with torrenting? Download and install tixati and look up how to use magnet links.

I use only gen lib. What are these other sites? Are they for books only? I meant after I download it. For instance when I downloaded foundation I started with Foundation1. After two weeks I checked out HandstandOne and saw that I should be doing both of them simultaneously. Stuff like that.

Do push ups and arm circles

I can do full splits and stuff. My only problem is my shoulders arent as flexible and are a bit stiff.

They're torrent search engines. They pretty much catalog torrents, from videos to books to software.

Do Foundation and Handstand. For the mobility, you don't have to keep up with the people in the video. It also comes with a guide and rough schedule. Just use the elements that you find most useful/interesting or things that address where you're weakest at.

Each stretch series is to be performed once a week.

When you add it all up, F1, H1, + mobility it's a whole lot of time to spend, and progress is slow. Don't make it a test of patience. Enjoy the movements and realizing your own limits.

You might not like some movements and that's fine. You don't have to swallow everything. You'll realize some parts are changeable, even removable in order to fit movements that were more important to you.

I just hate seeing people follow these routines without thinking about them, and getting fed up and quitting after a while. Mostly out of patience. You can stand to be creative with your routine, but the most important part is finding the meaning in it. It's not deep or anything. But you eventually find out why you really do it.

Shoulder dislocates, skin the cat, and a whole lot of other movements are available. Hopefully you're also developing strength in those ranges of motion, and not just passive flexibility.

Good stuff. Can't wait to try them out. btw Where are you at progress-wise?