/fat/ - Weight Loss General

I think I'm going crazy edition.

Old thread over 300lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJhNnbRHCbE
budgetbytes.com/2012/02/hearty-black-bean-quesadillas/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for jump rope HIIT cardio

Hey guys, I'm trying to slowly get my life back together. I'm tired of being sad about myself. That's all the sob story I'll give you.

Onward to meal planning! Cronometer provided me a good opportunity to get the numbers down well nutrient-wise, though my current week's plan lacks fiber. How'd I do? I'm new to meal planning and haven't bought a full week of groceries upfront even when in college. It should be noted that a week purchase for this list is M-F. I don't know what I want to do for weekends yet.
>Bananas: 2.30lb $1.31 (1 week purchase)
>Potatoes 3.00lb $2.87 (2 week purchase)
>Broccoli 1.70lb $2.79 (1 week purchase)
>G Apple 2.10lb $3.09 (2 week purchase)
>WG Tortillas 8ct $2.98 (1 week + purchase)
>Montery Jack 8oz $2.74 (2 week purchase)
>Parmesan 6oz $2.47 (1 Month + Purchase)
>Black Beans 64oz $4.57 (1 month purchase)
>W Kidney Beans 8oz $0.92 (1 week purchase)
>Frz Green Beans $2.24 (2 week purchase)
>Total $25.98

Including repurchases, it gives a real month (4 week) grocery cost of: $57.94 a month.
But I'm going to find another meal plan and alternate each week.

don't bother with cheese

That looks complicated. I like one food diets. For example this entire week I ate only white rice and protein shake.

literally what the fuck are you doing dude

If is not a fucking meme.

Its goddam wizardry. I dont know if its just the borderline GOMAD and frosted sugar im cutting out of my diet, or the actual fasting. but im dropping weight like nothing on earth.

Got any substitutes? My current plan fits my calorie and nutrient weight loss goals; the cheese is mostly for fat; I more than cover the other nutrients from it with a One A Day men's tablet anyway to clean up the lose nutritional ends.

Monodiets are dangerous for your health. Or so I've heard.

I'm HIGH ENERGY

Breakfast all day in Canada means I can eat my
>one sausage and egger a day

I've been switching between this and one bowl of rice rice. I cheat sometimes but I never go much above 1000 calories.

I've gone from 211 lbs to 204 in a week, that's with a shit tier cheat day on my birthday.

Bad news is I've got shin splints so I need to do long (time wasting) walks instead of jogs.

Anyone else religiously wait til you shit to check the scale?

Anyone else have any cheap tasty meals than can fulfil my inner fatass while teaching me to eat small portions?

Guess it's okay for hitting macros. I just avoid cheese since it's calorie dense, and honestly doesn't add much to whatever you eat it with.

See if cottage cheese or greek yogurt works. It's cheaper too.

Stop eating.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJhNnbRHCbE

Sweet potatoes, broccoli, and chicken for dinner today at work. What are you having?

Anyone here tried meal prepping for 5 days? How does steamed broccoli and chicken taste after 5 days?

Meal prep, but don't cook. Cut everything up and keep it ready to go. Majority of cooking time is in the prep work. I can make dinner of stirfried veggies and steak in about 8min flat without prep
>steak on pan
>1 and 1 then off
>veggies into juices
>toss around, get a nice bit of burn on them
>soy sauce, toss again
>chuck steak back in with veggies, add lid
>let sit for 5ish min

Wah-wee you're done. I'm all for meal prepping, but cook daily. Bonus of cooking daily is it tastes better

>roommate and I are both on diets
>I count calories, she doesn't
>I've lost 14kg this year while she's lost nothing
>weigh myself and mention I seem to be on a plateau, must be eating more than I thought
>"user it's because your body has entered starvation mode"
>wut.jpg
>tell her it's a myth
>she goes and finds an article saying "experts advise no diet to go under 1200cal"
>article doesn't even mention ""starvation mode""
>I say it exists but only in serious starvation cases and only a couple hundred calories
>she flips the fuck out
>HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN YOYO DIETING THEN
>I reply fat people continue to eat the same shit once they've finished their diet
>she screams at me and storms out
what do

Fuck her in the ass.

>entire group of friends 'trying' to lose weight
>they all get fitbits and gym memberships to 'compete' with each other
>none progress
>I'm the only person losing weight
>don't have a gym membership or a fitbit
>no one mentions it or asks for advice

They aren't actually committed to weight loss yet. They like the idea of losing weight and not being overweight. But not committed enough to actually truly try.

The unfortunate thing is that they will FEEL like they are trying hard, maybe more so than if they really were trying, but actually aren't doing anything. So when nothing happens they feel like it's impossible and either give up or eat even more.

plateau's are often just accumulated water weight.
If you are counting 100% with clear margins just wait it out and trust the math.
If it lasts more than a month get worried, but usually you'll drop a bunch of weight over a couple days once it passes, it'll be about the math says you should've lost as well.

Don't try to take an addicts drug away if you want them to act reasonably. Delusion.

This is what I normally do, but 4 days ago I had a cheat meal I couldn't weigh out and count, so MFP and I estimated it at 3000cals. It might have been 4000-4500 ;-;

Assuming it was junk food it was probably high in salt and increases you water retention.
Just wait it out, try not to cheat that hard though.
One hard cheat meal a week can erase a weeks worth of effort if its "bad" enough.

If you have the cash buy some frozen chicken breast, I can drop some low cal recipes for them if you need. Gotta get that low cal protein.

Do you guys believe IIFYM works?
Lost a bit of weight on it, but eventually it gets to the point where I binge too much and counteract any deficit I had going for me over a few days.

Should I try losing weight cleanly or what?

IIFYM works if you have self control and avoid foods that trigger binges.

That means that like, a chocolate bar might fit your macros but you probably shouldn't, that much sugar and fat will just make you crave salty carbs, alcohol, etc..

You can lose weight on it like with anything else but eating clean is the only way to have cravings diminish as you go on.

Yeah m80 I forgot to list it in the grocery list because I already had it sitting in the fridge at home. I'm making black bean chicken quesadillas for muh protein.

>Gained back 3kg because of period pains.
>Period pains made me stop working out and made me eat more than I usually do.

Fuck. Back to square one. Being xx sucks.

Why the FUCK aren't you on ephedrine? I have 0 appetite and losing weight like crazy doing nothing.

It's illegal where I'm from.

Tell us /fat/ what food is tempting you at the moment?

what's your kryptonite?

It's illegal in the US too, just buy Bronkaid or Primatene it has 25 mg ephedrine in it.

>3kg in a week
I get that period pains can be REALLY bad. but that is a lot of over eating. You sure it might not be water weight?

I have to walk by a great mexican food place twice a day

At this very moment - nothing.

But I know I'll be craving some sweets later. This was and forever will be my kryptonite, and that's the one thing I have to focus on fighting the urge to get.

Taquitos, pizza, wine, anything with bread. Especially taquitos though.

>water weight
Maybe. I've been reading up on it now and it seems that women tend to retain water inside their body and gain weight during periods.

I've been trying to avoid painkillers but it seems that trying to bear with the pain the old school way just makes me eat more. I guess it's good to learn about this now so it doesn't happen again? Dysmenorrhea fucking sucks man.

Do NOT use Ephedrine for extended periods of time. Its mechanism is that of a VASOCONSTRICTOR and prolonged use will give you ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION.

>t. guy who's penis broke for 2 days on an EC stack

what counts as extended

>penis broke for 2 days

normie fuck OFFFFFF

erm yes it's a temporary vasoconstricor

much like caffeine

or nicotine

Veeky Forums really seems obsessed with erectile dysfunction lately its so fucking strange.

everything causes ED according to Veeky Forums

hey babe you know what actually does genuinely cause ED? low calorie diets & especially ones with low fat.

e.g. the ones somebody taking a stimulant would be using.

hmm makes ya think.

This happening to a friend of mine she is trying hard. and does cardio heavy pseudo crossfit twice a week for 120 min each time and goes jogging. she also tries to eat healthy but she is not counting cals and going drinking often. it's been a year and there has been like 0 progress. she is quite chubby so it should work well. kinda sad for her, i hope i can convince her to meal prep.

there a god dam roasted chicken wagon in front the shopping center where my gym is. every second fucking day they blowing the smell everywhere. I eat after gym and IF before that so i'm always hungry when i pass it with still 3 km to walk before i get home.

okay so I cut at 800 cal for two days on Thursday and Friday, but splurged during the weekend, but now on Monday night I have lost 3 kilos already, what's up with that?

>I cut at 800 cal

L O N D O N

I'm a guy m8

short term fluctuations are common long term trend are the actual useful data. weighing a different time of the day alone might make a big difference. like a good poop will already drop you 500g.

>implying that matters

>male
>800 cal

>overhear conversation at supermarket
>"i read on your wall(?) you lost over a stone, congrats! how did you do that?"
>I've lost over 8 stone in as many months, never told anybody, and nobody cares
ah women.

well i will weigh myself in the morning, i hope that i weigh less
i am a manlet, i feel satisfied on 800

Alcohol. And when i start drinking, crisps.

Trying to avoid both as much as I can. So far I have managed a couple of nights with only a couple of drinks and no snacks.

I fucking hate shit like that.

I still don't tell anyone I have started dieting and going to the gym. Feels pretty embarrassing to be perfectly honest that I have let myself go and am actually doing shit like this to get back to normal.

I think if you have to tell somebody then what's the point?

uh yeah its what happens when you have friends/anybody who gives even a vague shit about you.

you fuckin autists needa calm down, this isn't a special club.

I'm not sure about that

either obesity is a first world epidemic because it's so hard to lose weight
or
it's piss easy and everyone can do it if they try

no, heaps of people try to lose weight.

thats you, thats where you are.

most people can't lose all the weight and keep it off, that's what you're referring to.

these are not the same thing.

or
Stupid, lazy, unmotivated people are fat.

that's not me, but I get what you're on about

not telling is ok, far better feel if people notice it on their own and ask. then to get sympathy "how is the diet going" also prevents sabotage and mocking jokes " hey user you can have a cheap meal today" if they don't know at first they will be far more accepting if you say your are not hungry in the pub etc.

don't be embarrassed you started, now prove yourself with willpower and become proud.

Pizza, I love the one with the BBQ sauce base with bacon, chicken and meatballs on it. I've not had it for about two months.

quite fancy some flapjack right now
can't justify eating some though

This right here is the top tier solution.

Also with stir fries you can use a variety of sauces. So you can make the same basic meal a bunch of times with different flavor each time. Whatever you feel like that day.

Bruh, recipe.

For my cheat meal last Saturday I went and got a Nando's (British chicken diner) takeout. I had a whole chicken with mild sauce. I was meant to have 1/2 of it at lunch and 1/2 at dinner but after being on a hard for so long and then taking a bite into that... I ate it all in one sitting. I then got hungry 12 hours later whilst trying to sleep and all I had left were oven fries ;_;. In total I was under my TDEE by like 50kcal. but still sucks. Never doing that cheat meal idea again.

Hey man at least you stayed under TDEE. You didn't lose anything that day but you didn't gain anything back either. I'd call it a win.

How do you guys avoid stretch marks on the arms?

I started lifting a weeks ago and now the skin on my arms is pleading for mercy, between the new swollen muscles and fat, I'm noticing stretch marks on the area

>when you eat like a fat bastard again for the weekend but its okay and you dont hate yourself enough to let it stop your diet

I know that that's a good mindset to have but

>for the weekend
come on man.......

I get this right from the ovulation period. It sucks. I think I'll try to eat closer to maintenance those days

you ate an extra 20k+ calories in a week? probably water weight a lot of it

Probably going to splurge on a HSP in the next couple days.
Last one I had was probably 1.5months ago

or how about exercise self-control.

I've got a huge fucking fupa. It's seriously hiding like at lest 1.5 to 2 inches of my cock. Will that burn away fast when losing weight? I'm worried it will be one of the last areas to hold onto the fat.

Yeah it'll go eventually.
Just wait it out.
Good luck user

>first for fuck your knees fatty
good advice

>the cheese is mostly for fat
eat avocados

Ever looked at the caloric information for google?
Shit's more calorie dense than maccas

Wow think I just had a stroke.
Every looked at the caloric information on avo?**

That reminds me, ever mash up an avacado with some fresh lime juice and throw that shit on maccas?

That shit was my go too bulking food when I work as a stocker/truck unloader but it was like 1200kcal a sammich, never going to get to eat that again

Jesus that sounds intense.
I love using avocado on my toast instead of butter with my fried eggs.
Until I realised it's making the meal go from 1000kj to pushing 2000kj, depending on how thick i layer the avo

What the fuck /fat?

Pic related, this was yesterday. I only ate breakfast and then spent 451 calories because I went to eat with my family in the evening.

I was within my calorie goal and then this morning...

>Gained 1.6 pounds

How is this even physically possible?

>Don't try to take an addicts drug away if you want them to act reasonably.
that's literally the only way to make them think rationally.

Pizza/chips are super high in salt, causing you to retain water.
Trust the math and the process, swap to weekly weigh ins if it's causing stress, and use an app like happy scales to log it.

I've already gained an inch by losing weight. Might get another by the time I'm done

feels good man papa bless

Weight shifts a lot, weighing yourself once a week is enough. Try to do it in the same conditions, for example in the morning after having a poo.

I'm allergic to avocados. If I swallow as little as a teaspoon of avocado, I reflexively vomit.

budgetbytes.com/2012/02/hearty-black-bean-quesadillas/ Added muh serving portion of sauteed BSCB to it.

>and made me eat more

>lose 20 kg
>pants both sag and cut into my waist when seated

It's an abstract kind of feel. I used to be able to find pants that would hang on my hips without having to pull them up all the time that wouldn't try to cut me in half when sitting down. You'd think this would get better when you lose the gut.

You might be wearing them too low, or maybe too high.

is hummus bad for you

the calories in pizza can vary a ton, unless you made it yourself you don't really know for sure. That probably isn't the cause though, salt makes you gain water weight.

learn how to read nutritional information

Oatmeal cookies and pancakes. Just a few more weeks until I can begin eating at maintenance and work them into my diet.

this desu

Thanks for the info fellow scholars. I will now take this into account. Was 185 pounds at the beginning, now at 171.5 and will get to 130 hopefully before August/September (5'3 manlet reporting)

Currently losing 2 pounds/week so seeing the scale jump a pound and a half like that shocked me.

feels nice to not be sweating like a pig after a walk round town

To avoid getting too stressed about jumps like that while still weighing daily I always check weekly averages instead of comparing specifics weigh-ins. If you get nervous about your weight at a specific time just average out the last 7 days and then the 7 days before that and compare, a lot less stressfull and still fairly accurate information on your progress.

peanut butter

Burgers.

Measure daily and use weekly averages.

>weighing yourself once a week is enough
>swap to weekly weigh ins

This won't increase measurement accuracy. You'll still be just as likely to get confused by your weigh-in.

Two weight measurements vary randomly to the same degree regardless of whether they are taken on consecutive days of a week apart. It's true that, if you're losing weight at a good rate, the weight lost after one week will make it more likely that the difference between the previous week and the current one will be in the correct direction. But that's only if you are indeed losing weight.

You're not supposed to expect to be losing weight based on your calories, you're supposed to determine that from your weight measurements. Reducing measurement frequency doesn't reduce the likelihood of drawing the wrong conclusion. The correct procedure is to increase measurement frequency and draw conclusions from an average of many measurements.

I understand the idea of weighing less frequently to reduce anxiety. But that leaves the underlying cause of the anxiety, lack of knowledge, untreated. I think the right solution is to supply just a bit of statistical knowledge on making measurements.

cheesecake and pecan pie
I only have them once a year now, it's so bad

Had my first cheat meal, since starting my diet 4-5 months ago, it was my mothers birthday.
Was basically just various snacks that came to around 2500kcal, and yes i did make sure to eat even less coming up to it but holy shit did i feel sick afterwords.

Been doing intermittent fasting, days at a time, and trying to stay at 1000kcal or less on days i do eat, manlet btw, hence how i can manage. How the fuck did i manage to eat at this level and more before, i could barely manage the 2500kcal and felt sick the rest of the night. Anyone else experience this ? Also advice on getting back up to your mainentance calories once your cuts done, besides obviously slowly working your way back up?

How do I get out of fridge mode? Losing weight will be enough?

Soft pretzel bread. There is this burger place near me that makes the best pretzels I've ever tasted in my life. The outside is slightly crunchy while the inside is slightly doughy. The entire thing is coated with salt and butter.