Gym/personal trainer stories

Fuck these overglorified salesmen
>Be me, who the fuck else
>start going to the gym at 16 because that's the birthday gift I'd wanted
>no idea what to do, so ask trainers
>fucker tells me to buy a personal training month
>goyim ass gets jew'd when he proceeds to just make me do machine excercises, 15x3
>make shitty gains and get mad
>lmao dude you should buy protein, get it from me, I'll get you some for cheap.
>get jew'd again when he buys some shitty off brand shit when I could've gotten good branded shit for the same money
>finally get mad enough to actually research what I do
>start eating all the eggs while doing SL
>make decent noobgains while I ignore the jew cunt
>3 years later start in new gym when I finally have enough free time to build
>manlet personal trainer walks up to me and greets me
>"hey man, you know you've got great structure, you'll really benefit from personal trainin-"
>proceed to tell him to fuck off
I now have a very real hatred for personal trainers because all they want to do is fuck you out of your money.

Your fault for being retarded.

Personal trainers at gyms are all about business. They're going to stunt your progress so you have to rely on them longer and they make more money off of you. Even if they do genuinely want to help you, many commercial gyms have mandatory routines they have their trainers run people through for liability reasons (machines and more machines).

The only person you should rely on besides yourself when it comes to fitness is someone who runs their own place and is more like a coach. Learn the difference between a coach and a personal trainer.

> t. Someone who runs their own gym and genuinely helps people progress.

Failed to see that because I was a teenager, I fell for the lifting for girls meme

It's alright, mang. Everyone's retarded when they first start. It's a learning process.

Glad you're getting your shit together on your own now.

>not boxing before starting to lift
you really dun goof

Unfortunately true. I am a personal trainer and have many peers that have told me they intentionally withhold info so clients are dependent, or know how to workout and are Jews with prices, or are just plain incompetent.

It's a shame since I work very hard at what I do and know the value of what a professional and dedicated trainer can do for a client but we are certainly in the minority.

>this thread
I feel like I just got a very important life experience without the actual experience.

If you're wanting to make a career out of it, do what I did. Get yourself a small studio and do small group training. All the equipment is sunk cost so you've only got to worry about rent, utilities, small misc expenses. Get 5 people into a class at once. I charge 240$ a month for 3 classes a week. 1.5 hr long sessions.

People are happy to pay that because lots of people like the comfort of a small setting versus the "intimidating" commercial gym. I've gained ~18 clients since February and not a single one has cancelled yet.

If you teach them properly and they actually see progress they're happy to shell out the money. It's less about quantity and more about quality but it's still definitely profitable.

The personal trainers at a gym I went to we're pretty cool. They would scalp new years resolutioners and whiney bitches but if you were serious they'd give solid advice. When I started out they would come over to help me correct my form and gave me plenty of useful tips without trying to advertise.

But if they didn't like a client they'd start making them do balance board squats and see how much retarded shit they could get away with

That's pretty based tbqh

>walk by personal trainer talking to newbie skellington
>Hear him talking about nutrition.
>"At your size you don't have to worry about eating enough protein. Just eat all the fat you can get a hold off"

Yeah, I noticed that they mostly spent their time trying to reprogram the clients from all the pop. science/fad workout advice from the media, act as a spot, and be a cheerleader to keep motivation up.

Makes me mad. I've thought about becoming a personal trainer.

I don't really need the money, I just want to help people make progress.

>sign up for new gym
>beginning of the year and I'm out of shape so I easily get classified as a newbie who knows fuck all about gyms
>whatever.jpg
>"user sign up for our FREE fitness test!"
>ok sure if it's free, already got jewed on signing up for a higher plan than I wanted
>bro personal trainer shows me correct form on a few different workouts
>30 min later
>alright so we have this plan this plan and this plan at $40 a day $80 a week or $200 every 2 weeks
>uhhhh...
>kindly refuse stating I'm broke
>douchebag boss bro gym trainer appears out of nowhere
>hey buddy you NEED our help or else you'll suck forever, I saw you working out you were terrible!
>dude literally insults me to my face
>kindly thank both of them and leave
>think about slitting this guys tires I was so pissed

Seriously fuck these self absorbed roided up phaggots. I guess I would be a douchey personal trainer if I failed at life too. Enjoy that 30k a year buddy.

Damn. That doesn't sound very bro at all.
Is it too late to cancel your gym membership?

Nah brah I wouldn't quit over some bullshit like that. Dude might have been having a bad day who knows. I think PT that truly care about clients are awesome but unfortunately a majority of the people in the business just see you as a walking $ sign and nothing else.

Some people are gonna be phaggots just how it is in life. If I wasn't a tub of lard and out of shape I would have stood up for myself but it's hard to hit back with shit when you're out of shape and look like you really could use a few sessions haha

Wow what's wrong with 30k a year in this economy man. Too far bro. You're broke yourself.

Lol I worked at the front desk of a gym for two years in college

At one point my manager asked me if I wanted to become a PT. He said he'd pay the 200 bucks for an online certificate.

I told him I physically couldn't do OHP, squats at all, or really flat bench barbell press due to a shit shoulder. He was like "Well can you describe it to people?"

Never ended up doing it. Just made me realize what a joke some personal trainers are and how easy it is to get a 'certificate'.

Yea sounds bout right. Half the ones at my gym just stand next to their """clients""" and go "good job" it's pathetic

One of the personal trainers asked me what my routine was and worked in with me once, gave him some tips of squats and he took the advice now see him using the same technique.

>getting this upset

Youre probably DYEL as fuck. Go back to the gym with earbuds in, walk in, do your workout, leave.

Repeat for months until jacked.

Jesus some of you posters are emotional.

Yea it was mainly for overweight housewives and they would do half-assed leg curls for twenty minutes while talking about their kids

Lol umad phaggot?

I'm 6'2" 220 and pretty ripped even when I'm out of shape. Bench 315 and squat 345. Stay manlet mad, bitch.

>im not emotional
>look at me posturing on an anonymous imageboard because of how made your response made me

Sorry man Im 6'3" 225 and pretty ripped even when Im out of shape. Bench 320 and squat 350, and drive a Maserati.

I hope everyone is impressed now.

When I was 14 I was doing atg squats at the gym some personal trainer told me I'll injure myself if I go that low and started taking the plates off the bar
I told him to stop and that I know what I'm doing but he insisted that I need to stop he then told me to get a personal trainer he and the other gym staff continued doing this shit. I went to another gym and started oly lifting with coach, best desicion I made

>be noob dyel, find a gym
>trainer offers help
>gives me workout plan that involves 3 kinds of bicep curls, all 3x10
>everything either curls or machines
who the fuck hires these people

30k is poverty as fuck

That is quite some bench to squat ratio e-stats there. You are truly amazing.

>You actually responded like a pleb.

>train on my own
>about to start doing my sets on the bench press and ask a trainer at the gym to spot me cause there was pretty much no one else there
>he fucking grabs the bar during my entire first rep
>tell him to let go
>still puts his hands beneath the bar (fucking touching it) even though I wasn't struggling that much
>ask another trainer for my next set and tell him exactly how I want to spot him
>"sorry, sir, we're given instructions on how to spot so that people wouldn't get injured"
>think to myself "why the fuck did I sign the waiver saying that the gym isn't responsible for any injuries I sustain whilst training there

Holy shit, if a PT tried that shit on me id go apeshit, on the other hand you were pretty young and they saw somebody to force into buying sessions.
Due to PTs being too annoying with their legit but unneccessary advice i switched to mcfit, 10 bucks a month, 24/7 and nobody ever talks to you, its really relaxing

I remember a PT not leaving me alone while i did ohp from the ground because my clean didnt look optimal and he didnt like me wearing running shoes, and i said a 1000 times that the weight is no challnge to clean thats why i refuse to do his shitty warmup and take my shoes off.
I was srsly about to say i know you cant even deadlift that weight its light for me though

i squat and bench 200lbs for 5 and 3 reps, and im 6'1, i dunno why his ratio sounds like e-statting to you

>doing squats
>autist walks by and runs into plates
>wobble and start walking/stumbling backwards
>watchful PT abandons client, runs over, and spots just in time
Went pretty good.

When I first started I had no idea what I was doing, so I hired the only PT in the gym that looked like he lifted. Turned out to be worth it. Taught me proper form on the compounds and pushed me really hard. I learned my limits and he was super supportive the whole way. He's no longer a PT there, but he comes in every now and again to lift, and he's always proud to see how far I've come since then. 185lbs, 24% bodyfat down to 148lbs, 10% bodyfat. Bench from 65lbs (for a few reps) to 2pl8 1rm, deadlift 1pl8x8 to 3pl8 1rm. I'm 5'8", had him for a year. Those lifts are over a year and a half. I owe a lot to Andrew. Thanks for getting me started. 5/7 perfect score.

SLfag here

I'm on the verge of being jewed too, originally I was going to join this gym with a bro but he changed his mind so I'm lifting alone and I could really use someone checking my form. The trainer at my gym was very friendly the first couple days but the owner had a talk with him and I overhead him saying something along the lines of

>Don't bother with them unless they're doing something dangerous

and he hasn't spotted nor started small talk with me since
Everyone else in the gym sticks to dumbbells and benchpress so I'm on my own for the 2 months I're already paid
at least it was dirt cheap

Our gym owner just instructs the cardiobunnies while making sure no one gets their shit fucked up. Corrected my form when I was starting with some bb rows but otherwise he just does his own routine, tends to the front desk, and chats with the girls while making them squat deep. Pretty cool guy.

One of the trainers at my gym is a massive power lifter shaved head big beard. Asked him to spot me on 105kgs bench, had been out of the gym for a weekend eating shit so barely managed 5 and proper shirt reps. He spotted me perfectly though. Gave me a good lift off and didn't help bring the bar up until I literally failed the rep and the bar was just about to start going down as I was unable to push it up

Pick the right person to spot you. I only pick someone who's big and looks like they know what they're doing

when i was roiding and wanted to get out of moms place without really doing shit to get money i was a personal trainer of 6 old ladies, 2 cardio bunnies and 2 dyel dudes, i've memed the 6 old ladies, 2 cardio bunnies lost weight and got "toned" and dudes grew a bit, i've increased my price and got a buch of customers with little to no effort, now i have a real job, but sometimes i miss the days of mires and cuties asking for help

I make less than 30k a year and honestly I'm surprised I've made it this long. Just working on a way out.

The only thing my gym trainers do is glare at me every since I broke past 3pl8 squats and 4pl8 deadlifts. Oh and count reps for their clients.

>Cool as fuck dude in his mid 40's
>Always comes up to me when he has no work to do or even when he has something to do just to chat
>Always giving tips
>Talking about life, fitness and fighting (He's also a boxing coach)
>Spots me whenever needed
>His music play list is fucking goat

>Cool as fuck dude in his early 30's
>Always brings a fuck ton of information to roll with when asked a question
>Always doing form checks when needed and spotting
>Generally going out of his way to help you

>Young girl in her early 20's
>Basically can't talk without giggling
>Annoying as fuck, great ass though
>Always plays some retarded love music
>Generally annoying

Man, fuck female PTs.

In my first gym one of the PTs there essentially corrected my form on all SS style exercises and helped me avoid injury.

It's all relative but I do agree that most PTs are memes

kek kys

Jesus fuck. Most people don't want unsolicited advice while they're training, but if you want them to help you just fucking ask them.

Cool it with the anti semitic remarks

>3 years lifting and people still giving advice
Lol you got called a dyel

>3 years later start in new gym when I finally have enough free time to build
Is it hard not having enough reading comprehension to properly read 20 lines of text?

get fucked Ben shapiro

How is any of it anti-semitic you retarded kike?

I might've been a dumb kid but atleast I knew how to read properly, you illiterate cunt.

youre an asshole memeing the old ladies its not nice

I lucked out and got an awesome PT, but part of it is letting them know what you want. They aren't psychic and most normies are going to balk if their PT puts them right under a barbell to start. I told my PT I wanted to focus on compounds and free weights and thats what we did. Its your own fault if you don't tell them what you want.

> 3 years making excuses

Agreed, but on the other hand, a good PT should ask you.

More like studying for different entrance exams, looking for scholarships and taking tests like candy. I'm my country's equivalent of an honors student and its hard as fuck to do.

>so insecure he has to justify himself to strangers in a chinese cartoon forum

Kys

You should probably stop sucking so many cocks, food is supposed to go in that hole too.

>Be me, myself and i
>Sweet seventeen
>Just got out from auschwitz
>Join your local gym, cardiobunnies, dyels, fatasses, and a few lifterz your normal ecosystem
>Didn't have a towel, rent one for a shitton of mony
>My PT is some Mexican faggot
>Routine looked like something from the lines of
20 mins cardio, machines, more machines, and curls
>Always 5x15, every fucking excercise 5x15
>Routine was split into 5 days, One legs, arms, pecs, shoulders, and back
>Went for a month, when i asked for form check the memexican would come, say "good work" and then get the fuck out to talk with cardiobunnies
>Got tired of seeing no gainz, dropped that shit
>Got into /fit, became fitintellectual, came back armed with Compound liftz and sipping
>1 year later
>I already supprassed memexican, im among the top lifters in the gym
>Feels good

> be ss autist
> commercial gym
> in the last couple of training sessions some pt comments my form
> "you are messing your back/you dont have enough core to bench press like that"
> Im just doing the standard back bend, as written in The Book
> "your squats almost perfect except that you place the bar too low in your back and you are too inclined"
> never heard about low-bar squats
> I usually try to explain why im doing this but quickly give up since they are not listening anyway
> one day I actually get sick of these shits interrupting my gains to tell me shit
> go to the locker room and bring a copy of ss
> borrow it to one of the fuckers
> feelsgoodman.png
> he took one month but actually read a bit, but still too proud to admit he was wrong and just accepted that what I was doing was also correct

>"you don't have enough core to bench press like that"

Wait, what!? I need a strong core to bench?

t.concerned curlbro

He was just spitting out buzzwords so that I would be discouraged to disagree.

>in gym with workout buddy/best bud who's brand new to thiswhole gym thing
>doing an accessory day to basically a push pull legs routine with hypertrophy
>female trainer comes up to us and is all like "hey big boys what're you guys working on today"
>"arms and shoulders mostly"
>scoffs and says "your never get anywhere doing that, you guys need to do (insert meme buzzwords about routines, don't really remember)"
>"yea I know, it's an accessory day today. We normally do a heavy compound for low reps and then hypertrophy for that muscle group same day, like heavy squats followed by legs for volume. That kinda shit. Also stability and flexibility work"
>she goes "oh gosh I um yea sounds good but uh"
>"I was NASM certified and trained clients for two years, one won a beauty pageant because of swimsuit, another is now a bikini competitor, I'm a marine now"
>"oh okay then you guys know what your doing, but as a trainer you also know the import value of training" then glares at me and says "and that independent trainers aren't permitted at this gym"
>calmly say "I'm not training him he's my workout buddy and best friend, were getting in shape together my wedding he's gonna be the best man"
>she diverts her attention to my buddy who's objectively not very good-looking and carries himself pretty poorly and says "okay so you've got a goal clearly defined, now how about you let a hot chick train you 3x a week?" And no shit actually winks at him
>buddy says "nah I'm cool"
>chick stammers and leaves us alone
>less than a year later buddy is at a little over 1/2/3/4 having never lifted before in his life, lost weight cut his hair and walks up right now.
>still see that chick making here clients do meme shit with balls and bands all the time

I don't get how it works in the US,
you guys subscribe to a gym and then are just allowed to go in there whenever, pretty much just thrown out and expected to know what exercises to do?

On my country you're pretty much hand holding getting in, first doing a physical evaluation with a therapist, whom will take all your measures and check week points and what to work on according to objective (also posture, elasticity and whatever)
the gym itself has a small set of full time trainers that will make a schedule according to your plans and the exam, then he will guide you through step by step on each exercise, only on the first few days, but afterwards there is always some trainers around to help with whatever
each month they look up your schedule to see if needs adjusting, after three months you take another evaluation with the therapist to check gains and adjust

>Be me
>Cheap ass gym with only one squat rack, one bench and one incline bench (plus two benches without rack)
>PT comes in with"trainee
>Makes the guy alternate between the squat rack and bench press and with no rests between sets, with some dumbells in the mix, usually also takes the safeties from the squat rack and an extra bar to make the trainee deadlift in the rack
>The whole gym floor becomes a mess with bars, weights, boxes, dumbels, balls...
>The racks also become a mess with unracked bars, bars with the weight still on and safeties on the ground
>To top it all off, you can't really use the racks anyway because the guy doesn't rest between sets, so he's running from one rack to the other

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! IF YOU WANT TO USE THE WHOLE EQUIPMENT AT THE SAME TIME, YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN GYM!

(also, I hope that the trainee eventually asks himself why he as been paying a PT for at least 2 months and still only deadlifts 30kg)

>$80 a week or $200 every 2 weeks
U wot

On my current gym they also sent me an e-mail to schedule that stuff you are talking about, but I never scheduled anything: I fell for that on my previous gym and regretted it.

I went with my brother, nonetheless, because I know that PTs can smell noobs (a DYEL lost in the middle of the gym) from a mile away and I really didn't want to go through the same shit again.

you seem to fail to see the point in my post...
I just said that they take your hand and practically do everything for you, there aren't any PT selling your shit (though you can hire a PT on the outside)
the gym trainers are there anyway and their jobs is to help you with anything and make your routines

what I said is that I find it odd that the US works the way it does, and I personally enjoy our gyms much better

>be me

Summer started early?