I just made my first meal prep

I just made my first meal prep
I need to be at uni for a couple of days this week, without access to a fridge/freezer
How do I keep my shit fresh? Will it stay fresh if I get it out of the freezer in the morning and let it defrost during the day? Or should I go out and buy some insulating bags or some shit?

Also, general mealprep/food thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBfDWstg3Hc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why don't you just do intermittent fasting?

I'm gonna eat it for dinner
I have a couple of long days ahead of me
So my meals have to stay fresh for around 9 hours after taking it out of the freezer

I cook for the week starting on Sunday. So basically I cook 2-3 different meats (Chicken, Turkey, Tuna, or Beef), 2 different starches (rice, sweet potatoes, or red potatoes), and 2 different veggies (corn, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, or carrots). Then I mix and match them in 12 different containers, and just keep them in my fridge for 6 days. That way, I eat 2 of my prepped meals a day, and if I go to the gym, I may make a protein shake.

Never had a problem with food going bad before the 6 day mark. It's probably because I don't make seafood, and I keep my fridge really cold I guess.

>How do I keep my shit fresh?
use those little fresh packs that you find in beef jerky.

cooler/ice

in your car

yeah well like I said, I don't have access to a fridge or freezer at uni
I don't own a car
It's about 10 minutes by bike so I suppose I could just go back home

>yeah well like I said, I don't have access to a fridge or freezer at uni
Sorry, forgot to mention that you should invest in a mini fridge (it's where I keep my prepped meals). Or you could just do what another user said and do Intermittent Fasting.

Long shot here, why can't you just ask to use the faculty's fridge? Just say you have a medical reason to eat a certain food because you have allergies or intestinal issues or something.

>op should take a mini fridge to his lectures

top kek

Sorry, guess I'm just assuming too much.

My ex girlfriend would have to go from her University (1 hour away) and back home again on different days of the week because of family issues. She'd literally be at her mom's house on Monday's and Tuesdays, then back at Uni on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, then back home for the weekend. While she was at Uni, she had campus housing, but she and her room mate didn't have a fridge, so they'd eat using their campus lunch vouchers and pig out on pizza all day. Eventually, she and her room mate pooled their money together and got a freezer so she could bring food from home, back to the university.

I just assumed OP was in a similar situation.

Buy a cooler bag and keep your days meals in it.

AH
>Dutch fag detected

I could ask my thesis supervisor to do that lol
But I'm gonna be at the library most t of the time I'll probably just cycle home and eat real quick

I cook on Sunday and put 3 meals in the fridge, 2 meals in the freezer. Chicken is always fresh. If you take it out of the freezer in the morning it will be still frozen by midday

I leave around 10AM, so it sound be fine untill 6PM?

This would be a good solution.
Lunchbox with a little icepack in it should do it, maybe two if you're worried about it melting.

not really worried about melting
It can thaw during the day for all I care
I only care about my food not going bad

you could go to a local pharmacy or doctor's office and as if they have old insulating boxes. they are used to transport temperature sensitive stuff like vaccines. Some times they are not allowed to be reused so they just end up in the trash. but they are clean as they only come in contact with the packaging. Real nice like a 30x 30 cm cube made from styrofoam with 7cm walls and double lip seal.

or build your own with tape and styrofoam board from the hardware store.

if you only need to keep one meal per day cool just let it thaw over they day it should be fine unless you keep in a hot place like a car trunk in the sun.

you can also you freezer blocks to help it stay cool.

So your taking it out in the morning, then having it for dinner? It'll be fine, I take my dinner out of the fridge in the morning then microwave it at work in the evening, as long as you heat it up so it doesn't taste disgusting you'll be fine. It won't go off in that time.

these boxes would last almost one day for me, grats i guess?

if you are serious about this BB thing you will be eating 2 chicken breasts or equivalent every 2 hours throughout the day youtube.com/watch?v=PBfDWstg3Hc

>yfw 50 dollars+ a day for food

Freeze it, then put it in a backpack with an ice pack

How are you this stupid