Protein thread

Jesus Christ Veeky Forums I didn't think it would be this big. This is incredible.

Other urls found in this thread:

bulkfoodsdirect.com/Unflavored-Whey-Protein-Concentrate--10lb_p_9.html
youtube.com/watch?v=h6q8E2-Egdo
youtube.com/watch?v=sTCSW9rY-F0
youtube.com/watch?v=M33fV0IE9zQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qAnD9XKI7J4
youtube.com/watch?v=hGQTpxjbwaM
youtube.com/watch?v=7rNY7xKyGCQ
us.myprotein.com/referrals.list?applyCode=SAMUEL-R9T&li
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

double kys

Nice one man! :^)

>Strawberry cream
That sounds tasty

Looks like I'll have to take 6 scoops a day to hit those Macros

>impact whey
>not isolate

lmao, strawberry cream is fucking nice tho. I've been chugging it down with water no problem.

>5kg of untested flavour
That's a ballsy move user

Yeah I know, The whey isolated is too fucking expensive. I'm just happy I got this stuff when they were having a sale

At least it's a HUGE step up from this

Recommend me some protein powder to get HUGE with

>creatine
enjoy losing your hair op

Stop spreading fud you fuck.

>he thinks its fake
wew

Igor is my dude

This and Mocha are the best flavors

I heard this only happens if you have male pattern baldness in your genes.

Nobody in my family has this weak genetic defect

you could be the first in your family

noway of knowing without getting your genes sequenced

I need some advice about protein

I started workout about 2 months ago and I dont eat that much, plus my muscles hurt for 2 days after the workout.

Would the whey help me with that? What are the risks? What should I buy? Is it worth? Im kinda skinny

Thanks bros

I swear that brand made bloat so bad but it tasted fucking awesome

magnesium and fluids/water will make your muscle aches stop.
Meat and beans etc will make you bulky
read the goddamn sticky

Huh, So I guess I really wasn't imagining that

> 20g

KYS

I've found MP scoops are 5 grams less than the rest of brands.

The only thing that matters (in terms of price) is the amount of protein per dollar/euro, or, how much does a gram of protein cost. Serving size completely aside.

In my country at least, MP is half as cheap as whatever other protein brand.

This protein doesn't even have BCAAs in it. Bumping thread with god tier ON

what's the difference between whey isolate and whey? thx!

>whey powder
>doesnt have BCAAs

you dumb fuck, whey is whey no matter the brand; there might be differences in quality and amount of filling, taste... but every whey has BCAAs in it, even if not advertised on the label.

Dont be fooled by the label, if you are concerned by the bcaas, check the aminogram.

If you do so, you might see that MP whey has even more BCAAs than ON.

You retard... Fell for the bcaa meme.

Enjoy your overpayment dumbass

Overpayment isn't a problem when you have a good paying job faggot

Are you fucking mad poorfag? I take BCAAs separate as well as glutamine. No wonder why Veeky Forums is full of DYELS who take shitty protein

Not mad nor poor, it's just about not falling for the marketing meme, thing you obviously did.

I've tried multiple protein powders and ON is the only one that actually has what you need for recovery in it. Not only that, but if you need 5 scoops just to meet your macros on top of your meals (assuming you are 175-200lbs), that protein is shit.

>if you need 5 scoops just to meet your macros

Im not OP, btw.

If you need 5 scoops to meet your macros what you need to change is your diet, not your whey. ON and MP have pretty much the same grams of protein per 100grams. MP a little bit less, as it is concentrate, not isolate, but costs half the price (in europe at least).

Again, you just fell for the marketing jew meme. Accept that fact and stop being so salty.

What's BCAA?

Also, how do you guys avoid protein farts, it's starting to be a problem for me at work...

Branched Amino Acids, do your research. They're cheap so its not bad to take them separately.

For protein farts, embrace it. What you can do is change from whey concentrate to isolate, that might help.

remembered when i used to buy muscle milk and this shit when i first started....wtf

I *am* having protein farts with isolate.

And no, embracing them is not an option at work. I will end up fired and a poorfag and not able to buy protein.

Protein farts come when you take more protein than your body needs, which isn't a bad thing, but it can be a "waste" if you aren't counting your macros.

Unless you are having a reaction to the ingredients.

Is this shit? It's the only whey I've used other than some publix shit once since they're both cheap and I'm a poorfag.

b-b-but Mark Rippetoe says I must GOMAD and eat 6000 cal a day?

And that in itself gives me way more protein than my body needs

>watermelon
>that hand

KEK

its gheeto muscle milk. almost as many grams as carbs as protein

GOMAD is a meme brah. Plus 6000 calories per day? Way over doing it and it will take time to build up to where 6000 calories is just maintenance. There is literally no way you can catch up in the gym to 6000 calories in a day. Best way is to build up to that eventually unless you are already a big ass dude.

Plus a gallon of milk per day is a lot. You will get fat.

>soy lechtin infused

Hahahaha

Whey isolate is 90% whey /10% filler

Whey concentrate is 80/20

So isolate is more "pure" & generally higher amounts of protein

> not realizing soy contains estrogen

MP Phaggots kyselves

>I didn't think it would be this big

Thats what your mom said last night when I exposed my hulking monster dick before aggressively fucking her lmao get fucked goddamn gaywad

Thank you user

my ON just says performance whey.
is there a difference between gold standard?

If you get fired for a literal natural bodily function, you can sue.

t.attorney

fart on your boss's thicc gooch. instant promotion

bulk baby bulk

On day 7 of Vanilla and I already hate it. Can't wait to go back to Vegan protein (V-gain). Which just tastes like unsweetened milkshake

Best bang for you buck right here.

bulkfoodsdirect.com/Unflavored-Whey-Protein-Concentrate--10lb_p_9.html

Put a couple drops of your favorite non calorie drink mix like Mio into it if you are a pussy.

Dont forget to hand in your natty card.

Is there any proof that Soy Lecithin is actually bad for you?

I hate soy and don't want to eat it cause of all the things i heard about it, but i have a big ass bag of this stuff.

Have fun with your estrogen gains brah, you'll finally get that boipucci you've always wanted

Op here, The creatine actually came with it, for free.

Isn't creatine a meme though?

No, just take mono though. Anyone who says creatine is a meme is autistic.

It's why there are so many trannies.

Op here guys,

I fucked up, I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought this shit. I have know for years, That isolate is way fucking better than concentrated.

However, I didn't want to pay the extra $20. I'm probably just going to sell this too a friend for 40-65. I'd rather bite the bullet and lose twenty dollars, Than get bitch tits and wide hips.

Do you drink milk ever? Because there's more mammalian estrogen in milk than anything you'd get from whey powder.

I bought 5.5 lbs of unflavored soy protein isolate from Myprotein and a bunch of flavor liquids. Might get delivered tomorrow!

Isolate is not "way better" than concentrate unless you're strictly speaking about taste, in which case I don't know

Pretty sure even ON Gold has soy in it. Just take the protein and get something less cheap and more reputable next time.

So will drinking lots of milk make me more feminine?

God damn, everything is bad for me

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6q8E2-Egdo
youtube.com/watch?v=sTCSW9rY-F0
youtube.com/watch?v=M33fV0IE9zQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qAnD9XKI7J4

etc.

>everything is bad for me

Plants are good for you.

was fit always just broscience?

I wanna order this one - anyone can recommend? Is it okay?

> not getting isolate
ask me how i know you are a dumb poorfag

isolate has less milk byproduct in it, so if your are lactose intolerant you won't spray duarreaxh everywhere

i'm 30 and ive been drinking milk all my life, will stopping now help me or is it too late?

so im supposed to eat just plants?

Of course it will help now. I'd recommend avoiding red meats, processed meats, and eggs too.

Uh, yeah. If I put you in a room with a rabbit, a bowl of oranges, a bowl of bananas, and a deer, which would you eat first? What if instead of you being placed in the room, a lion was placed in the room?

Our intestines work best with lots of plant fiber because they are very long, 9+ times the length of our body. Carnivores and omnivores have very short intestines and require minimal plant fiber.

But how am i supposed to get the large amount of protein i need from just plants? Am i able to eat chicken too? I have to give up cottage cheese and yogurt? it sounds like a real big deal, but i would liek to be healthy

On average, vegans get just as much protein as meat eaters because lots of plants have protein.

I'd certainly advise giving up cottage cheese and yogurt. Chicken is up to you. It's probably the least unhealthy animal product you could eat. There are of course ethical concerns, and the fact that animal protein in general is associated with heart disease whereas plant protein protects from it.

If you are a bodybuilder and want lots of protein, do what all bodybuilders do: eat protein-dense foods and drink (vegan) protein shakes. I take a vegan protein shake every day and I eat beans, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and greens every day. Use Cronometer if you want to watch your protein intake.

If you become vegan, you must supplement with Vitamin B12. Early man got B12 from drinking water from dirty contaminated sources and consuming dirt off unwashed vegetables. We like to clean stuff, so we wash away all the B12 and the only sources left are meat or vitamins (and often meat that was fed vitamins. they give vitamin b12 to cows). Even though there are fortified foods, you must take a B12 vitamin supplement. Dumb vegans that have never heard of B12 do themselves serious harm by ignoring the issue.

Other than that, enjoy your absurdly long life expectency! youtube.com/watch?v=hGQTpxjbwaM

youtube.com/watch?v=7rNY7xKyGCQ

>humans aren't omnivores, even though we can extract nutrients from just fine with no adverse effects and have made animal flesh a staple of our survival in nearly every society we have created since pre-history

Vegas are out of their fucking minds.

I'm watching this now, and its really awesome, thanks for linking it.

The estrogen in milk and soy isn't enough to make a difference senpai. There's been numerous studies and they all lead to this same conclusion. Don't trip on it.

>no adverse effects
I'd say heart disease, diabetes, and cancer are pretty adverse effects.

>animal flesh a staple of our survival
They didn't eat nearly as much as you're nostalgic view would have people believe, and what they did eat gave them parasites. We now have options on where we get our calories. We can either eat unhealthy animal products, or a healthy whole-food plant-based diet.

If I ever find myself in a survival situation where I need calories, I'll consider eating meat again.

So if i need to eat over 150 grams of protein a day, ill be able reasonably accomplish that with just plants? i can't use whey anymore?

Just bought 2 pounds of this "nighttime recovery" protein...
What's casein??? I got this because I'm cutting and the most difficult part of dealing with hunger is always RIGHT before bed, did some self scouting and figured if I'm going to do atleast hit my macros?

>vegans don't get heart disease, diabetes or cancer

I'd probably eat the raw rabbit and deer tbqh, fresh raw meat is actually delicious
t. Hunter

ONLY buy this when its on sale, best flavours are Vanilla, Smooth Chocolate, and strawberry cream. cheapest ive got it for is about 5 bucks a pound. Dont fall for the isolate meme, if you want bcaas just buy them separate. I already have an account so if you want 25% off heres my referal link us.myprotein.com/referrals.list?applyCode=SAMUEL-R9T&li

Milk contains two types of protein: Whey and Casein

Casein is the protein that makes cheeses are, cream go think etc.

It's much slower digesting and will release protein throughout the next few hours of eating.

It's good for a cut because it's filling, unlike whey.

I like to half and half whey and casein because it keeps the price down and it tastes better imo

>They didn't eat nearly as much as you're nostalgic view would have people believe

They did. I bet you think salt is bad too. Vegans are no different than 'alkaline' people, or 'starch only' people, or 'raw food' people. You're all fucking retards, and nobody here is dumb enough to listen to your bro science you small baby beta bitch.

There are giant bodybuilders that are vegan (pic related), so yeah, it's not a problem.

I'd advise only use whey if it had low or no cholesterol and low saturated fat. And as soon as your whey is used up, buy a plant-based protein like TrueNutrition's Vegan Protein Optimizer Formula. It's cheap, healthier, and no animals had to be tortured or killed to make it.

Estimates I've seen of prehistoric man show he ate around 100+ g of fiber each day. You can't get fiber from meat. They ate a lot of plants and supplemented it with animals when they could be hunted. A bulk of their calories were from plants though.

And it really doesn't matter what they ate because they were frequently malnourished, hosted parasites, and died young. I'd rather eat a vegan diet and live to old age than try to mimic my ancient ancestors and carry around a tapeworm.

Two things.
He was a ravenous meat eater before he went vegan and start setting records in an event no one ever gave a shit about

Lastly, the amount of animals murdered to create the ridiculous amounts of gear he's on to maintain his mass and strength, which is probably a fuckload more before he became vegan, is enough to feed 5 small families for a month.

Gear ain't vegan nigga!

>There are giant bodybuilders that are vegan (pic related), so yeah, it's not a problem.

Pretty small for a roider. If you're not on roids you'll look like an auschwitz survivor. Furthermore, plant based protein tastes like shit, and gives you the shits. Its not even a complete protein.

Solid reply, thanks based user. This will do exactly what it's intended to do then

>Estimates I've seen of prehistoric man show he ate around 100+ g of fiber

What estimates? They went back in time? You ever try to eat a fucking plant you dumb nigger? In the wild? Watch a survival TV show you stupid motherfucker. Plants aren't big and juicy and nutritious like the cultivated type humans grow.

The fact remains that he consumes a large amount of plant-based protein to maintain and further his abilities, which was the whole point of bringing him up.

There aren't many vegans out there, so finding ones that are huge is going to be rare, especially in bodybuilding where everyone thinks you can only get big eating lots of chicken.

There are obese vegans.

Flavored plant proteins taste the same as whey proteins to me. A little less naturally sweet, but you can add sweetener. As long as you aren't subsisting on a single plant for all your protein intake, the proportions of certain amino acids don't matter. Bodybuilders are going to ingest more protein than they need.

There aren't enough vegans out there to disprove your retarded world view, but just enough to prove that meat causes cancer huh? Nice.
You can point to one body builder who used meat and roids to attain mass, and veggies to maintain it, thus calling him, 'vegan'. Why should anyone listen to you?
Vegans are so full of shit. You're the next stage of mom-doctors or bro-scientists, and you're so full of yourselves that you think you know better than the professionals. This shit here, "where everyone thinks you can only get big eating lots of chicken", who the fuck are you to talk down about any professional body builder? You don't know shit.

Stay mad.

At least I don't genuinely believe the vegan meme. You're worse than mad, you're a nogainz faggot who doesn't have the will to make it, so you switched to an alternative diet as a short-cut to that feeling of superiority, and now spends his time trying to trick people on an anonymous image board that hes smart and knows what hes talking about. You'll never make it gains goblin. You're lost the way.

bought the same last week. I can recommend vanilla and white chocolate flavour drops. vanilla tastes so good that im craving for that second shake in the evening. fucks up my cut i gotta work on my discipline

This.

Plus the estrogen in plants is extremely mild compared to human estrogen and it has been shown to bind to our receptors preventing the more harsher estrogens from being absorbed.

exactly this.

And even if someone start to get pissed ill say it again.
Try to avoid sucralose and any other sweetener (for example in protein powders).
fucking kills your bowel bacterias.
go with the pure powder and add yourself what you like