Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

1.25kg: THE PLATE OF AMBITION
The smallest increment for increating most lifts. Looks so tiny, but represents that *push* to be stronger today than you were yesterday. So humble yet so instrumental, it flows within the Tao of Gains.

2.5kg: THE PLATE OF JOY
And look! Add two 1.25 ambition plates and this is what you get. Symbolosing the subtle mystery and glory of Gains, that they are *cumulative*, which is what it's really all about.

5kg: THE DANGER PLATE
But look out. We all like to record nice even numbers for our lifts. When we can only do 107.5kg, it's soooo tempting to force 110kg before we're ready. But when ego outpaces gains, the form declines, and that is the beginning of all iniquities.

10kg: THE PLATE OF CRUELTY
That halfway point to the next lmao*pl8, and so the toughest part of the journey, when going back would be as hard as going forward. But fear not! Through the pain lies the hidden humble road of further gains.

20kg: THE PLATE OF TRIUMPH
Yes! From *sixteen* increments of the ambition plates we slam on another of these, building a brick in the edifice of our newer better selves. The joy of this plate comes from the consolidation of all we went through before.

Naturally I use a letter code for recording my lifts. So instead of 137.5kg, I'd write TTCDJA -- two plates of Triumph, a plate of Cruelty, a Danger plate, a plate of Joy and a plate of Ambition.

Then of course there are the special plates:

< 1.25kg: TRAPPY PLATES
I've never tried microplates but will resort to them if my damn OHP keeps plateauing. Since the Triumph plate is already a "T", I'd use a little "t" for trappy plates.

Plates in "lbs": FAG PLATES
Only for use in lesser gyms where I don't have an alternative. Honestly kg is just so much more elegant: "60kg" is rounder and more trustworthy than "135lbs" - though I suppose lmao#pl8 is heavier and more impressive in pound scales.

include me in screenshot

WTF, Technogym? Are you Italian breh?

what is this absolute faggotry

and why does it actually entertain me

I call then Bob, Jack, Trent, Hunter, and Archibald, in this order.

lo sai che si compra i technogym in tutta l'europa, minchia?

In realtà no lol, pensavo fosse un marchio a diffusione solo italiana

Virgin Active in LONDON uses them.

Who ARE you?

vabbeh

>not using freedom units
fucking commie, Veeky Forums got to you didn't they?

i will be using your notation religiously until it's adopted as standard

currently working my way up to
T/TT/TTT/TTTT

is there a special name for this?

the council gyms in the UK use them

lbs > kg

even if i use kg cause i'm french lol.
actually i'm currently having a membership at a club where all equipement are Technogym's.
>Triumph plate i will be able to lift 2 of these on each side soon

the highest of T-ests

HOLY AUTISM BATMAN

This is pure autism but I like it. Good work OP.

What about 25 kg plates?

Do you not have 50's? Fuck man, I cant imagine wasting more than a couple of minutes putting 4-5 plates on the bar for a deadlift, or more for a rack pull.

Get 50's OP, extra thin comp ones while you're at it.

You're cute user, and I agree with you on all your plate descriptions

they are used by profesionnal lifters i'm pretty sure but not for benching ofc. you know about olympic right ?

your autism inspired me, OP. i'll name mine now:

0.5kg: THE MICROPLATE OF PATIENCE
Whenever you can, you'll prefer to move on larger steps, obviously. But that's not always possible. And the wise man knows his limitations. Keep a slow, steady pace, and you'll travel farther.

1kg: THE PLATE OF CONSISTENCY
The most usual increment. And it comes in a round, perfect number 1.

3kg: THE PLATE OF GREED
C'mon, there're times to be patient. And there're times to fucking break your limits. If you're on a good day, well fed and well rested, forget about those shitty mini plates, just add a real plate.

5kg: THE PLATE OF ANCESTRY
The heaviest plates I inherited from my father. He was a woodworker and made the wooden rack and bench I still use today, and asked a blacksmith friend to make the plates, bars, and metal parts. Always remember where you came from.

10kg: THE PLATE OF TRANSCENDENCE
But don't be limited by your ancestry. This is the first pair i bought myself. They were too heavy for my DYEL ancestors, but not for me.

25kg: THE PLATE OF GLORY
They're specially meaningful to me, because when I started lifting I was precisely the same weight as the bar + a 25kg pair (56kg). It's nice to look at a simple bar with a single pair of plates and think "this was me 1 year ago".

What kind of shitty bar you use that weighs 6kg?

a hand-made iron bar. don't insult it. it was a gift, and it has been serving the Lord of Gains for over 40 years.

Are you some kind of European faggot?

send pics of your bar and plates

That autism is strong with this one. You will one day make it though m8.

Veeky Forums truly was a mistake

someone do it with weightlifting plates!
0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 5, 10,15, 20, 25

this, some faggot is gonna put this on lebbit. Atlhough I'm miring OP's autism. I wish I could be like you

Good job OP, I feel your love and ambition for lifting and getting stronger through this post.

>No system for 25kg plates
DYEL?

>not only .5kg magnetic microplates
never going to hit 2pl8 ohp

Andiamo, fratello. Non mangiarti tutti i Funions.

>the Tao of Gains
10/10 post

Nice system and tells a good story

10/10

OH GOD

2 1/2 lb- Daint

So dainty they can't even support the y

5 lb- PR Plate
When it's time to go for the new squat or diddly PR these bad boys are coming out, not stupid daint

10 lb- Necessary Evil Plate
Not enough to feel important solo, but when paired with PR plates and daint create a lovely honeycomb visual

25 lb- Progress Plate
Add these bad boys and you'll feel like you're really on your way

35 lb- Fake Plate
It's not real. Don't use it

45 lb- THE BENCHMARK™
Let's be honest, no one gives a shit about your numbers in between these.

This is actually makes a lot of sense.

I used to name my jogging paths in a retarded autist way like op did.

I remember the following:

path of the dead (ran trough a cementery)

path of the past (ran trough my old school)

path of kings (ran trough a zone with very nice big houses)

path of the gods (ran near a church)

path of lost love (near the place i met my ex)

path of lost souls (in this one there was a gym with a huge window filled with treadmills, and i used to look at those and think, what retards im running for free on the street and they pay to run on a treadmill, the gym is for lifting you faggets)

>Technogym

Fucking hate those plates.

9/10
I'd be your running buddy

they're really unoriginal names

You now realize Crossfit literally does the same autism with giving their WODs random female names.

>oh boy I absolutely destroyed Victoria last night, I was sweating and panting and my whole body hurt
>nice, did she let you finish on her tits?
>n-no I'm talking about my workout h-hehe

>ou now realize Crossfit literally does the same autism with giving their WODs random female names.
you fucker...
i was not aware of that...
i was HAPPY not being aware of that...
you...
mother...
fucker

oh yeah, that is WAY more autist than op

kek. still better than how some youtube """fitness""" guys name theirs. there's only so many iterations of FAT INCINERATING MUSCLE DEVASTATING WORKOUT FROM HELL you can come up with before it becomes stale.

no, that's not better.

using a silly descriptive excersise is much MUCH less autismal than trying to atribute some special property to workout by naming it after a girl like a creepy 30 yo virgin

I have a very intimate relationship with the 1.25kg plates because I seem to be the only one to use them. Actually I can't remember the last time I saw someone who isn't DYEL use the bellow 2.5kg plates. I really wonder how they do, I couldn't imagine adding 5kg every time I increase the weight

>5kg: THE DANGER PLATE
Holy shit lol

Why

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to:

AUTISM

tfw danger plates

That sounds pretty impressive. What's the story behind it

it was a gift, and has been serving the lord of gains for over 40 years.

1.25 kg: 1.25 kg
2.5 kg: 2.5 kg
5 kg: 5 kg
10 kg: 10 kg
20 kg: 20 kg

OP you absolute faggot

>Wet blanket the post

post pic of it

How many TeiTeis can u didyleft

I have names for my gains let me show you them
Gains,in sum = "UNIMPRESSIVE AND AAS DEFICIENT"
Calves gains ="PERPETUAL NON GROWTH: INERTIA BOOGALOO"
Deadlifts gains ="BULGING DISC DISCOTECH: UNA FEMME FATÀL"
Squat gains ="TFW CANT BROWN EYE STAMP THE FLOOR WITH 2PL8"
Serratus ="I HAVE CRIPPLING BODY DISMORPHIA THANKS TO FIVE YEARS IN THIS SHITHOLE AND THINK THIS MUSCLE SHOULD BE LARGER THAN ALL ELSE"

You may need help, user

noice

Nice nice, I name my plants but maybe I'm gonna name my plates as well

Just squatted two Plates of Triumph and THE DANGER PLATE.

This autism cannot be surpassed.
Put me in the screen cap.

Holy shit just realized I kinda do this with my 1.25 lb plates. I call them "the dinky." Only ones I do it with though.